It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by jude11

Yeah I know we do but my worry is people going into a scenario like Fallout 3 and decent men, women and children are killed or even worse. Just remember to use your heads and don't expect to find mercy. It will be everyone out for themselves.

Now that's a post I can appreciate. Good advice as well.

You are correct in the Group-up thing IMO. Unless you are a REAL survivalist and can live off the land exclusively from experience. 500 miles from nowhere and you're set. I believe we will see small settlements develop as we are a social creature and we need to use each others skills.

Thanx

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Group already discussed.We got a group ready....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this question lately, if the world goes to hell, what will become of the women.

When I think about that future, I see in my mind's eye entire subdivisions burning down in wildfires and there is nobody even attempting to stop it. There is no fire department, no police, no hospitals.

The women who survive will, in my nightmarish vision, are only those attractive enough to sell their bodies for food and water, or be taken care of by family members/guardian. If a woman is alone in the world the only means of survival will soon be entering a small band of survivors, who are most likely lead by the most brutal individual. There women's only purpose would be served in sleeping quarters. If they served the men willingly their lives would be awful, but not as bad as the fate of those who are basically kidnapped and forced into being slaves. I see guns and young women as being the two most valuable assets a man can own and trade with in that future Earth.

Has anybody ever seen "A Boy and His Dog" ? In a generation or two of that, the only type of intercourse young men will see as being possible will be rape.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

It seems to me that you either dont know very many women or those that you do know are weak, naive or ignorant.
I suppose it is possible that you dont have much respect or appreciation for women other than what they can do to serve you, if your a man.
If you are a female, then you obviously need to see yourself as more than you seem to, and grow to respect yourself more and your sisters, as well

ETA I wonder if perhaps you have watched too much TV...

edit on 18-5-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
saltdog u are a perfect example of what is wrong with the world/ You imply that a woman will not be able to survive without a man??? LOL are you kidding me?? Men are the downfall of this planet if you havent noticed, but I guess you were too busy grooming your chest hair.....you must be kidding me?? What kind of arrogant piece of work you must be to make a thread like this... an AR 15 works as good in my hands as in yours..if you call yourseldf a man...your a disgrace to your sexualitiy with a mentality like that pfftttt!!!!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah unfortunately there is no health bars in the real world. My advice is to establish your group now. Especially all you single moms with small children. Whether it be your neighbors, families and friends. You maybe the only person you know thinking about these sorts of things but that doesn't mean you can't already have a plan in place. While everyone else is in shock of whats happening, you can be the glue that holds everyone together and keeps them alive. Once the SHTF, trust is going to be one of the most precious commodities.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by jude11

Yeah unfortunately there is no health bars in the real world. My advice is to establish your group now. Especially all you single moms with small children. Whether it be your neighbors, families and friends. You maybe the only person you know thinking about these sorts of things but that doesn't mean you can't already have a plan in place. While everyone else is in shock of whats happening, you can be the glue that holds everyone together and keeps them alive. Once the SHTF, trust is going to be one of the most precious commodities.

I have a thread here that may provide some helpful tips for some.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I don't think I'd worry about "Chicks" in the SHTF.
I know one very personally and seeing the way she is on small subjects...
Just saying I personally believe a woman would be a lot quicker to drop the hammer on a "Zombie" than any man would.
Most women do not have the macho bravado fascade to put up and realize "there is no way I'm going nose to nose, I'm just gonna shoot him/her".
There is a reason why women are reffered to by the female dog description, it can be very true.

My wife has a pink Glock btw, were gonna get hello kitty put on the slide.

She saw it on an AR and fell in love with it.

edit on 18-5-2011 by g146541 because: bettuh grammuh

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Oh, I think you've misinterpreted what I have shared. It's not a fantasy or my logical best guess based on my current lifestyle and relationships, it's a vision I see when I try and sense our darkest possible future. It might be called "dowsing", It's similar to an extra sense, like intuition.

Try and not judge myself and my ideologies based on my sensation alone, please? It's not a prediction, it's not what I want to see happen. It's just what I see mankind becoming, it has nothing to do with any opinions I may have about women, I do not believe. I clear those preconceptions from my mind before I sense reality in this manner.

What I see is getting clearer and clearer nowadays. Do you remember what happened to the women in the football stadium where the Katrina survivors fled to? They were being raped, but nobody did anything to stop it. I have a strong feeling their fate is the best example of what will happen to many, most and someday all women who are not being constantly defended by good men, when the world turn upside down.

My words must come off as very sexist, I know. Still, I am certain that when things get their worst, this is the type of lifestyle many women will have to try and survive through. It's not about how strong or smart you are or how well you can aim in comparison to a man. At their worst men are wolves and will hunt you down and take everything they can get their hands on when they take you down. There is no hope for you to survive in that situation alone, unless you can disappear.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
How many women here are without a man in a SHTF? I mean you have no husband, dad, grandpa, uncle, or guy friend that will be there for you ...if times get tough?
I ask because the way this world is headed, it could be a bumpy road ahead....I know that some of you ladies don't need or want a man...thats fine, but do you have a group or support network to help you when the chips are down?

I ask this because there seems to be a lot of guys out there that seem to be jerks and for your safety I would hope that you have someone that you can count on....

I just read lights out today and it got me thinking about women going to get items needed from the store or even if you have to go out into a unsecure area in a SHTF and what extra precautions you might need to take if your at it alone.

How many here have thought about these things or are wishing that they had a male to be that protection or rock in which you can stand in times of trouble?

i bet a bunch of female ats members here could kick your arse, do you have a female u can depend on for protection...or a support network? patronizing.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

You couldn't be any more sexist than this.

Many women have the mindset that they don't need a man. Why would they want one if things hit the fan?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Because you who are going it alone will all become sex-slaves.

Think about it!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
reply to post by The Sword

Because you who are going it alone will all become sex-slaves.

Think about it!

I agree with your statement!
Just to make sure were clear, the "you who are going it alone" was leveled toward both sexes?
Look at prison, mmmmhm.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

you are a sexist fool. You can deny and sugar coat it all you want, but it is obvious you think women are nothing more than helpless, mindless little sex toys.
When SHTF, you'd best steer clear of me n mine

edit on 19-5-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I have some things to add.

Women are feisty creatures. No way around that. A female bird will peck your eyes out to protect it's babies.

Basically, some women can hold their own, just like how some men can hold their own, and some women would be victimized, as would some men.

It depends on the mindset of the individual.

But definitely, no matter how much self defense training a woman has, she is a huge huge target for men in a shtf scenario.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I see what he is saying here and I think it is fairly accurate.. Some women here might know how to shoot a gun and such.. that is not a majority of the female population.. If a situation were to occur that he is laying out.. a lot of women would be extremely vulnerable within the situation. Can we survive.. well yes... but can we be abused along the way... yes to that answer as well.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I'm single, living alone. My parents and brothers live in another country.
My neighbors would probably help me but other than this I'll go to battle on my own.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You know what I find interesting about this thread is, that no one including the women gave a true representation.
The nature of man is logic and strength through domination. The Nature of women is emotion and empathy. The first thought of a man is to acquire what they need. The first thought of a woman is the safety of children. You tell me which is more dangerous. A man is more likely to move on and leave the child(unless a community is already created) A woman is more likely to destroy everything to protect the child. There is nothing more dangerous than a mother protecting its young. The second most dangerous thing is a woman protecting a child. In a SHTF situation women inherently understand the police are not going to save them and they will act with a rage never yet seen by any man.
Yes, many will fail, but the man(unless a group on a single woman) will probably either die after the fact or be in a crippled state that he can no longer fend for himself, at least until he heals. This will become more and more apparent as the days go by. Women will band together much faster than men, using men in small numbers to achieve heavy lifting and such but communities most likely will become matriarchal in nature with the children as the most precious resource. But hey, that's just my MALE opinion.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Huh? I'm a male.

How old are you? 13?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm not saying I wouldn't want a man by my side as a protector. I'm not much of a fighter but I'd fight next to my man or whatever it took to survive. I wouldn't want to be alone in a shtf scenario but if I had to that's how it is

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join