It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NOT making Survival Preparations...and WHY?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ok, there are a lot of threads here with a lot of great info on survival techniques, tips, tricks etc.

I have found a lot of info on 3, 6, and 30 day bug-out bags as well as long term survival plans for bunkers, food, water, weapons and so on.

I have also noticed that we all have our different opinions on locations to bug out to.

Now the reasons are many. From Aliens, Niburu, EQ, WW3, NWO and so many more.

Which brings me to the question: Who is NOT preparing whatsoever? No Bug out bags, bunkers, water and food storage, weapons, silver and whatever else.

I'll make it clear that I am one of those that is preparing and the reasons and means are a personal thing.

I am just curious to hear from those that are NOT taking steps to prepare for whatever may or may not be coming.

Thanks for any input.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have not done a single thing. At all.
Reason? I'm 14. I guess I could do something, but I'd have to convince parents etc.... guess I'll be one of the first ones to die if something happens

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My in-laws are not doing anything as they think the whole business is a crock of bull.
My sister in Ak is not because her kids and in-laws are not so if she does and it comes down, she will not have enough to care for everyone so why bother to do anything.

most people we know are going all out storing food and water and even getting places ready in the mountains...we can't afford too.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm not, i dont know what coming. but when it comes then i'll know. if i'm willed to live then somehow i will survive if not then so be it. whats the point of preparing when you might die anyway. let things sort themselves out.

i'll probably loot. in times of chaos its better when you have nothing to lose!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
My in-laws are not doing anything as they think the whole business is a crock of bull.
My sister in Ak is not because her kids and in-laws are not so if she does and it comes down, she will not have enough to care for everyone so why bother to do anything.

most people we know are going all out storing food and water and even getting places ready in the mountains...we can't afford too.

I have a feeling that all your reasons are going to be the norm for those not preparing.

Nothing wrong with a few strategically placed cans of food (dried is better), bottles of water, matches, a knife, blanket, boots etc tho. These things are in the house so maybe just put some stuff like this together in a closet somewhere.

Might not be much some can do but something is better than nothing. IMO

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm throwing a bob together but that's the extent of it; if the world's not over in a year I'll save for some land live off grid for a while but honestly, I think if anything DOES happen; (I think) survival will be based on stupid luck and perhaps your geography and not how many cans and guns a brother can stow away.

Edit - I don't have any reservations about death either, in a sense you could even say I'm excited by the prospect, not of leaving earth - but of a new adventure and that familiar warmth from my pineal. If the planet wants me off it then so be it, I love this earth and her wishes are paramount, if it's aliens.. well I guess I'll shoot back but if they vaporise me then there's not a lot I can do either.
I guess I'm saying the situation is far too out of control already, stressing about controlling its outcome on you and your family seems like a mega waste of energy imo.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Where are you from? I'm in Aus and I don't know a single person who's anywhere near that prepared; most people here would laugh in your face if you told them you were doing that...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm not... I'll be fine though, not to say I won't suffer but that's what we all need to do.

With the suffering I'll be able to look within because within is the only thing that will get me through it all. If I can't share my supplies with everyone because theirs not enough there's no sense in doing it anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I haven't made any preparations, there is a part of me that thinks I should, and another part of me says, na.

At present time my plan should anything occur, is a smash and grab of Millets (camping shop) shamefully

Thing is there just isn't any spare pennies to put towards a scenario which as is human nature is never truely accepted until its happening.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

does ceasing to prepare count? I have a wife and 2 small kids. and a former operator in the suck. (usmc).
i realized that if some scenario did happen, murphy's aw dictates i would not have the one thing needed most, whether raygun against aliens, etc.. and my training insures anyone who isn't trained former military will be losing their stuff to someone who is highly trained.

i stocked up roughly 3 mos @@: canned food. bought a couple knives and bows and arrows. i spent months spazzing over "being ready" then decided F-it. short of winning the lottery there is no way i can be prepared enough. i still have a wishlist if i did come into enough cash to prep properly but since I'm hopeessly unable. oh well why stress.
wishlist for preparedness, go big or not AT ALL. i chose the latter:

1. biodeisel 4x4
2. 6 milspec NBC suits with mask
3. 6 complete level 4 body armor kits
4. 1000 rounds each .7.62 nato, 9mm, .45 acp, 7.62x25 my fave, 30-06, 5.56, .357
5. 36 ft grady white dual console
6. fn fal, m16a3, mp-5, m9, 1911, winchester mod 70 (pre 64-my fave), t-33, model 19 s&w
7. 2 dual sport suzuki 650's
8. huge diesel generator
9. 6 complete 782 gear kits
and on and on....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm not because i have no clue where to start! lol

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I have a feeling that all your reasons are going to be the norm for those not preparing.

Nothing wrong with a few strategically placed cans of food (dried is better), bottles of water, matches, a knife, blanket, boots etc tho. These things are in the house so maybe just put some stuff like this together in a closet somewhere.

California Coast on the juan fuca plate

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm jumping on the unprepared bandwagon here,what is the point?
if any one of the multitude of doomsday scenarios happen I wouldn't want to survive em,besides I have the best survival gear one can get,my faith in God.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
I'm not, i dont know what coming. but when it comes then i'll know. if i'm willed to live then somehow i will survive if not then so be it. whats the point of preparing when you might die anyway. let things sort themselves out.

i'll probably loot. in times of chaos its better when you have nothing to lose!

I think after watching the way things work that everyone should have some food and water so they will not have to stand in line waiting for a fema bottle of water for hours or run to the stores with a thousand others trying to get some at the last sec. even for a nominal disaster.
We went without power once for a day with no power...so no water ,shower, toilet, computer, tv..wow life sucks! it makes you realize how nice a glass of water is when you get thirsty!

link   
Here's a wickedly evil and satisfying to prepare if anyone is interested but too broke to do anything. (More of us than not I'll bet) But this is only for those that are of a 100% mind that it's gonna happen. I say this because I know some who are doing it and they have no problems sleeping. Those not thoroughly convinced will have a stroke within a year...lol

Grab a bunch of credit card applications, fill them out and wait to see what you get. Banks, Stores, Gas etc. Ring them all up with your survival goodies and then only pay the minimum until the SHTF.

No laws broken, your credit rating remains intact and you get to prepare yourself.
They can't collect if we're right in our thinking.

You Win!

Not for the feint of heart...

link   
When I'm at home (the Philippines), I don't need to, we live where we would go. Keep bob in the car for when we go to town. When I'm working I have a 30 day bob in the car or in the hotel room at all times. Course as I work all over the world it will make getting home to the family next to impossible but I will try. Family knows what to do, and how to live.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

NO you got me wrong...WE can't afford a place in the mountains...we are 2 miles from the beach :-( BUT WE have stored food and water and have a bug-out bad...after all even the .gov are begging people NOT to realy onn them to bring you water and food but get your own butt ready! i see not reason not to have the basics, my hubby is going a bit overboard maybe though! I have 5 gal. cans of beans and rice all over the place lol!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sforscott
I'm not because i have no clue where to start! lol

Water, food, weapon, camping gear, fire starter, clothing etc.

A lot more of course but it's a good start with things found in most homes. Better than nothing right?

As you start, you will have things come to mind and there is a lot of info here on ATS for at least a 3 day Bug-Out Bag.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I'd rather be able to give something, than be forced to take away from someone who has prepared.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Other than thinking about what I would do and formulating a loose "plan" I have not prepared at all.

The main reason, I live in one of the most geologicaly stable areas in the world. That said the unlikely flooding of the coast due to mass ocean level rise would get me...

After a very large disaster , if I am one of the few survivors....I figure there will be lots of food to scavenge....at least at first.

I think its pointless to prepare to much, as its impossible to plan for every event, and the stress of worry is its own problem.

Last thought. I have a Family and kids. I don't find it likely that in the event of a catastrophy that many survive, one in ___ (inset number) that means my family , kids, friends,self ect will be included no matter how I feel about it, its the law of averages. I think its important to have in the back of your mind the possibility to re-think the family model in an emergency. Family is as Family does. When all comfort is removed its funny who you find under all that glitter.

Peace.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join