It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARE WE ALIENS, If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
what branch were you refering too?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

If humans evolve, so do all animals, right?
And evolution is about surviving their species?
If all animals came before us, why doesnt they made a pact to overcome, kill us, stand up against us?
All the animals that we murdered for all those centuries, you would think they had a plan by now, or are they just stupid?.
The animals we breed to eat, like millions a year, where in normal situations there would only be a houndred a year.
Where is their evolution? Or should we one day be afraid that cows will stand up and fight against us?
just a question not more,trying my logics.
Peace

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

I already pointed it out...and it wouldn't be on that elementary school level representation. It's in my post, look at a proper version of it and you might find something.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

If humans evolve, so do all animals, right?

And plants. In fact, all living things evolve and are products of evolution.

And evolution is about surviving their species?

Evolution works through the mechanism of survival via natural selection.

If all animals came before us, why doesnt they made a pact to overcome, kill us, stand up against us?

Well, they don't really have the reasoning capacity for such a complex alliance, nor the communication abilities. There would be no evolutionary benefit to any individual species that would make this suddenly happen.

Also, there are plenty of animals that try to kill us if we get in their way directly, we just happen to have come up with better ways of killing them.

All the animals that we murdered for all those centuries, you would think they had a plan by now, or are they just stupid?.

They lack the mental capacity.

The animals we breed to eat, like millions a year, where in normal situations there would only be a houndred a year.
Where is their evolution? Or should we one day be afraid that cows will stand up and fight against us?
just a question not more,trying my logics.

Well, we specifically bred farm animals to be passive and cooperative because it makes them a lot easier to farm. We kill the 'rebellious' ones before they can reproduce.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by healthysceptic

Ever heard of a dictionary that's where that's from or are you illiterate ?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I understand that genetics can show we have a common ancestor with apes/chimps, but how come evolution has sided with us homo-sapiens so favourably? We have come on leaps and bounds 100 fold compared to apes/chimps and fish/snails/spiders etc..
The evidence is with us that we likely had genetic help along the way... ancient civilisations from one side of the globe to the other share common religious beliefs and practices, even measurements such as the megalithic yard are similar between distant tribes, building of pyramids and folklore are shared.
I personally don't think its a too crazy theory to think that aliens or advanced humans from the past came to planet earth and shared genes with our common ancestor. Surely scientists are not far from this now??
If so there would be signs of artificial selection among humans, eg, how did the human develop a brain so big that a babies head can barely escape the woman's womb/pelvis on birth, wouldn't this be working against natural selection? Are there any more examples of this type?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
We are a product of genetic engineering, we have over 4000 genetic disorders, other animals have less than 500, Dolly the cloned sheep had over 4000 genetic disorders but wasnt perfect, we are just a good product of genetic engineering by aliens who settled on this planet hundreds thousand years ago. The aliens looked at earth's apes and used that physical body as a base for engineering and manipulated dna so they will be intelligent to command but not too smart to rebel against the masters. There are few apes that survived today and they are the swamp apes, big foot, yetis and they are extremely scared and cautious of us humans because we look like the aliens who abducted them by masses

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
God has been attacked by hateful and spiteful people since the beginning of time. the theory of evolution is just another example.

it not based on fact, but the ramblings of an old and bitter man. a hermit who was probably senile and suffering from dementia.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It would make more sense that we would have come from aliens and not apes but some people think their logic is above all.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

God has been attacked by hateful and spiteful people since the beginning of time. the theory of evolution is just another example.

The theory of evolution is hardly inconsistant with belief in God. Just ask Dr. Kenneth Miller, an eminent evolutionary biologist and a theist. So where's the conflict?

it not based on fact, but the ramblings of an old and bitter man. a hermit who was probably senile and suffering from dementia.

Over a century and a half of evidence that has done nothing but support the theory says otherwise. Sorry that you take it as a personal affront to your God when so many others can reconcile the two. And your characterization of Darwin is not only a misplaced attack against a scientific theory with an enormous amount of evidence supporting it, but factually incorrect.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom
It would make more sense that we would have come from aliens and not apes but some people think their logic is above all.

Actually, it would make no sense at all to "have come from aliens". Both the fossil record and our DNA tell a very different story.

As to your second comment, it's about going where the evidence takes us, not our logic being better than others.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
To answer the thread title we did not evolve from apes

Oh yes we did. however in order to understand that you would have to understand genetics so:

A: Genetic studies are total nonsense and God exists
OR
B: Genetic studies are enlightening and God does not exist.

What a conundrum for those so afraid of death that God has to be invented.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorhand
I understand that genetics can show we have a common ancestor with apes/chimps, but how come evolution has sided with us homo-sapiens so favourably?

It's because the environment was so harsh to us. Evolution is accelerated because of crappy conditions. Only the toughest or strongest live, the rest die fast. Pretty simple. The recurring Ice Ages worked to weed out only the smartest of our cave man ancestors. We as a species were down to only a few thousand individuals at one point, so any small useful variation got amplified. If we had it easy, like sharks, whose environment hasn't changed in hundreds of millions of years, we wouldn't have evolved, either.

As it is, Neanderthals and their ilk lasted over a million years. A lot longer than us. But when it came time to put up or shut up, they drooled and we ruled.

edit on 16-5-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

The Unarians believe the Chinese race started from the martians when they came down thousands of years ago to set up camp, but it was too remote to be effective so they left. I wish there were more posts on the tubes of mars because I think that is a deliberate leak from nasa.

Still wondering about Ernest L. Norman's book: "The Truth of Mars", if it's true, why is nasa running amuck like nobody's up there?????? Does nasa know so much more about how we came to be than any of us?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZforZionism

i think its a combination of the two
though who's to say we haven't been as advanced as we are today only to be wiped out a few times along the way, we are one comet away from the stone age don't you know

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
IMO it has nothing to do with 'god' or the 'god that we know or think'
What if those kind aliens came here to help our evolution speed up? messed up our DNA structure, in some way?
Or just mixed them with their own? for what kind of reason it may be.
Like they say in many myths, the gods mated with the people of earth.

Why is it so hard to find real proof of the missing links?

I am not really in for the ' we come from Africa or somewhere else and started to migrate the entire world' thing.
If its logic evolution, it happened all over the globe.
Where each one had their way of evolution(speed,velocity in transformation)or how you may call it.
I know about the studies about human travel and migration but getting a hard time to really believe that.
'Monkeys' were all over the globe, just like you now find a lot of the same type of animals everywhere.

For the missing link or links as i believe, i am still searching and if it was such an amazing transformation i guess it wouldnt be so difficult to find those evidences.

You cannot fool me to make me believe, after living 50 000 years in caves, we suddenly had the need to go out and build pyramids?(this is also why i say missing linksss)
Ok maybe we didnt stay 50 000 years in a cave, we became nomads and 'walked the earth'(isnt that what they say in school?).
And if i hear that many pyramids are dated as the same time of constrution, i start to ask questions?
about where we gone wrong?

I could believe in evolution, but not this way

remember i started this post with, what if?

edit on 16-5-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That is all the Bible has to say on the subject. Everything else is opinion based on that simple sentence.

Man evolved from the dust / Man was formed from the dust - is there actually any reason to be arguing? No, there is not. Some pretend to know how God works and what is meant. If natures way is evolution then that would also be Gods way. In the end it could turn out both sides are right.

The Bible also does not give the age of the Earth or Man. All that is opinion also.

Hate is in the nature of man and man will find any reason to hate and this is no exception. Pretending to understand what that simple sentence means is simply a sign of mans arrogance and inability to even get along with one another. Love God and love your neighbors and all the rest is meaningless. We are only asked to do two things and very few can even do that.

Trying to force your opinion on people is the wrong answer. You attract people through example and your actions. There are far more fake Christians than there are real ones.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Actually, it makes more sense the other way round, as it doesn't require the 'outside influence'.

I like Ian Tattersall's ideas

Basically I see two camps in this thread: religious/pseudo-religious mumblings with misinterpretations about what, for example, Theory means and an unwillingness to accept the physical evidence, and the 'evolutionists' who, in my humble opinion are far closer to the reality than those who invoke aliens or gods.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
We are not what you think Op. we are much more than even the aliens, they too live by the laws of existence within our Universe.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
We are not what you think Op. we are much more than even the aliens, they too live by the laws of existence within our Universe.

Then you talk about life i guess.
That has nothing t do with 'god or aliens' and evolution.
The universe, matter and space, is life.
It was always there and will always be there.Something we just cant accept right now.
All is just a complex-self-learning machine, changing its way in its needs, doing what it supposed to do and everthing and everyone just have to act by it.
You could call it evolution, but that wouldnt be the right word.

edit on 16-5-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join