It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARE WE ALIENS, If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This topic can be summed up in one statement.......

If you have to ask the question. You are not smart enough to understand the answer.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by uva3021
reply to post by intergalactic fire

There is no other side. Darwinism is a broad field, and has many different branches of learning.

Could be yes, but in the end all conclusions will say the same.
I was looking into information, the 'first days' of these discoveries. When Darwin met Wallace,they shared the same thoughts, were working in the same field, so to make a long story short, eventualy they published the first theory of evolution,"On the Tendency of Species to form Varieties; and on the Perpetuation of Varieties and Species by Natural Means of Selection,"

After that Darwin wrote his "On the Origin of Species".

Now, you will of course know about that, but my interests were more in, what happened with Alfred?
He wrote another theory, "Theory of Intelligent Evolution"
He was more investigating 'all sides of life'.
Continuing his research and not stopping where Darwin stopped.
I havent read the book but my guess would be, he just changed some of his conclusions from his earlier work and added his new findings(logical
)

Do you have a problem with the education system teaching gravity? Any scientist will tell you there is more evidence supporting evolution than there are supporting the current theories of gravity

I dont have a problem with that, but it think we cant make what we know, as definitve answer.
imo their still much to discover about gravity.
edit on 20-5-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Wallace didn't add any new findings. He did not want to accept the fact that the human mind was the by-product of a mindless, purposeless process and billions of years of differential reproduction.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
This topic can be summed up in one statement.......

If you have to ask the question. You are not smart enough to understand the answer.

Finally, someone who knows everything

reply to post by uva3021

Wallace didn't add any new findings. He did not want to accept the fact that the human mind was the by-product of a mindless, purposeless process and billions of years of differential reproduction.

Well he accepted that fact untill some point in time, where he researched more aspects of life, that changed his perception on the matter.
If science only accept material thruth, what we see, why did they come up with terms like dark matter and dark energy?
You could also call gravity a unvisible force altough we can see some of its effects.
But dark matter, they came up with that even if they couldnt explain it, see it, mesure it. They only knew there has to be something else. To explain 'the emptiness ' what most of the universe is made of.

Originally posted by aorAki

See the link in an earlier post of mine regarding Ian Tattersall. for my money, I feel he's onto it.

I read your link(most of it

First i wanted to tell, I find it a bit difficult to read(not to understand), by the way he talks or brings the story.
I am impressed how he goes into detail. Impressed that it almost sound unbelievble.
It's like he is telling a fairytail

This is also just one page, so about the real total idea(his beliefs) i cant have an opinion yet untill i read more.

I checked if he had any lectures on the internet(maybe he talks different than he write
, i found a speaking of his during the 2010 Darwin day.
The first thing noticed, how many times he repeated 'the day we celebrate today' Darwins birthday and the day of his publication, how he thanked him for giving mankind this view of life.
I dont know if its me, but I had to think about religion
it sounded like he was praying to his God Darwin, how great he and his foundings were.
And as i belief now there are many aspects of this theory that sound just like a religion.
I am still checking this lecture...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

My quote was not meant as a know-it-all statement.

Quite the opposite.

I think the smarter you are, the more you realize we will never get the full picture. Evolution is like God and the Universe, an omnipotent idea we will never really grasp.

The know-it-alls are the ones who claim to have all the answers. Like the religious nutters.

By proxy making them the least smart.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Because some apes looked so beat, that the developing apes didn't want to get with them, so the ugly apes had to get it in with other ugly apes that weren't developing. Duh.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PostcardFrom1952

Best theory yet.

Explains the emergence of obviously separate new species like supermodels and rap stars perfectly.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join