It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARE WE ALIENS, If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We are aliens to our own planet.
That is true.
But because we made ourselves that way.

Hygiene Hypothesis: Millions of people suffer from the sneezing and wheezing of allergies and asthma, diseases that have suddenly become epidemic in some parts of the world. Initially, scientists blamed increasing air pollution for the surge in respiratory diseases. In the late 1990s, Dr. Erika Von Mutius, a health researcher, compared the rates of allergies and asthma in East and West Germany. Her hypothesis was that children growing up in the poorer, dirtier, and generally less healthful cities of East Germany would suffer more from allergy and asthma than youngsters in West Germany, with its cleaner and more modern environment. When the two regions were reunified in 1999, von Mutius compared the disease rates. "What we found was exactly the opposite'' of her hypothesis, she recalls. Children in the polluted areas of East Germany had lower allergic reactions and fewer cases of asthma than children in the West. What was going on? As sometimes happens to scientists, von Mutius was forced to abandon her original hypothesis and rethink the question based on her new observations. For one thing, von Mutius realized, there are many lifestyle differences between the former two Germanys, including family size and the more prevalent use of daycare for young children in East Germany. Today, her new hypothesis, dubbed "The Hygiene Hypothesis," is that children who are around numerous other children or animals early in life are exposed to more microbes, and their immune systems develop more tolerance for the irritants that cause asthma. She is now researching the levels of allergy and asthma in children who live in villages as compared with children who live on a farm and are exposed to livestock. According to this "hygiene hypothesis,'' the human immune system evolved two types of biological defenses. When one defensive system lacks practice fighting bacteria and viruses, perhaps from an overly sanitary lifestyle, the other system becomes too powerful and overreacts -- as an allergic reaction -- to harmless substances like pollen.

www.pbs.org...

Overuse of antibiotics

The Risks of Medical Technology There is no doubt that modern medicine has allowed humans to live longer and more comfortably than ever before. However, there are numerous examples of the dangerous results of recklessly embracing modern medicine. The overuse of antibiotics has led to new strains of bacteria that do not respond to antibiotic treatment. The Centers for Disease and Prevention issues warnings against taking antibiotics for viral infections, failing to use all of an antibiotic prescription or reusing old antibiotics. Similar concerns are growing over the excessive use of antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers. Another controversial effect of medical technology is the increasing number of young people being mediated for both depressions and attention-deficit disorder. The eagerness of modern society to prescribe drugs without full knowledge of their long-term effects has become a serious danger. Read more: What Are the Negative Effects of Modern Technology on Human Life? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

www.ehow.com...

We have alienated ourselves from this planet.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by sandesh

If we did evolve from Apes, we have a major fault imo. Why isn't our brow more prominent, thereby enabling us to see into the direction of the sun. Not direcltly at it, obviously, but if the sun is low we need to put our hands above our brow in order to cut out the glare of the sun. Just a thought.

Perhaps the overly thick bone growth in the forehead was unnecessary and we needed the interior volume of the skull for a larger brain??

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
It's an interesting theory and one I am certainly on board with. However throughout evolution, animals have evolved and died off for whatever reasons, so just because apes are around today, wouldn't necessarily mean we didn't evolve from them. It essentially means that they had adapted to continue their survival.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Humans evolved on this planet from earlier hominids who evolved from earlier primates and so on. The great apes are our cousins and are also hominids. We are apes. There is no credible scientific evidence to the contrary and no evidence of any outside interference in evolution before we began tampering with things.

Any alien species would have had also to have had evolved from earlier lifeforms on its planet (assuming it has been isolated like the Earth has).

Humans were lucky, so very very lucky. We descended from the trees and stoop up. Our hands were free to hold things and manipulate objects. Our general body size increased as did our brain mass. We started to pick up sticks and stones and instead of just eating berries and fruits we started to catch fish and deer and etc. We discovered how to make fire, technology just multiplies from there. We became survivors, only those strongest and smartest could survive childhood and pass on their genes. We were devastated. We were reduced to less than 1,000 breeding pairs because of the Toba Catastrophe. Our traits were amplified. We became masters of the world.

To suggest anything else just belittles who we are, our struggle, our triumph. We alone on this planet have the ability to shape, to create, to destroy. We are the ultimate animal, but in the end we are animals.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandesh
I think we are aliens, and the human race started frm asia, as i started working on this i thought of exploring the ancient civilizations in india and china, In India, it was and still is believed that man descended from gods who flew fiery crafts. Early Chinese texts tell of long-lived rulers from the heavens who flew in fire-breathing dragons.

The ancient Hindu text scriptures like Bhagavad Purana, Mahabharat & Ramayan Scriptures. These scriptures old at least 3000 B.C. They speak extensively about flying machines called (Vimanas as in my last thread here www.abovetopsecret.com... ) that flew in skies and to the stars as well .

India's Vedas writings speak of gods (Devas), from other star systems. They tell of how the human soul is nonphysical and how our sentient energy goes through a succession of physical bodies, as only the physical body dies.

In sketches of Aliens, the majority of them are short in stature. Is it any mystery why Asians are short.
The Chinese and Sanskrit alphabets does not seem to be of this world.
The only man-made object that can be seen in space is The Great Wall of China.
Y there are so less ufo sightings and crop circles reported frm asian countries.

We didn't evolve from apes, take some basic biology >.<
Yes, many many cultures say we are descended from sky gods.
To them, the english alphabet does not seem of this world.
The great wall of China cannot be seen from space, but the great pyramids are visible, as well as other landmarks.
There are many UFO reports from Asian countries, no idea where you got that idea from...
and Crop circles? Im on the fence about whether they are alien in origin.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

If humans evolve, so do all animals, right?
And evolution is about surviving their species?
If all animals came before us, why doesnt they made a pact to overcome, kill us, stand up against us?
All the animals that we murdered for all those centuries, you would think they had a plan by now, or are they just stupid?.
The animals we breed to eat, like millions a year, where in normal situations there would only be a houndred a year.
Where is their evolution? Or should we one day be afraid that cows will stand up and fight against us?
just a question not more,trying my logics.
Peace

You are seriously hurting my brain with your inability to grasp the process of evolution.

You don't get to see it - it's a slow process, which over time changes how a creature exists within it's environment.

Wow, why don't cows revolt against us? Where is their evolution???

And in that image, the branch that is being referred to here is the one directly under the Ape and the Human at the end of said branch. You see, the common ancestor existed somewhere on that branch before it split off and evolution shaped our futures based on what was required of us. Obviously with humans, a greater need to use the brain to think helped us to evolve into what we are today.... and even then, if we're on a journey of evolution, I believe there will be another split eventually, where those who still feel they need to use their brains to progress will split off from those who hold onto nonsense concepts like 'gods banana' and perhaps in another million years, modern man will look over to the prehistoric steel jungles and study their distant cousins, who point to the sky every time god gets angry at them.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I uploaded this pic today for one of my threads.
Just seems apropriate for this one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba9cd09e5f15.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
We didn't evolve from Apes.... Humans ARE a type of ape....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
God has been attacked by hateful and spiteful people since the beginning of time. the theory of evolution is just another example.

it not based on fact, but the ramblings of an old and bitter man. a hermit who was probably senile and suffering from dementia.

I know right!!

He is pretty much a hermit, I mean no one's ever seen him leave that cloud, and given that he has violent mood swings - you know forcing fathers to kill their children, drowning Romans and forcing everyone to be nice to each other or suffer eternal damnation in a big scary fiery cave in the ground - sounds like a bitter old man, who suffers senile dementia - and some of his ramblings, crikey!

Oh wait, you were talking about Darwin.

rofl sorry, my bad.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Why do all these other conscious evolutionary agencies that induced the creation of the human form have such a fetish for mal-engineered laryngeal nerves? You'd figure out of all the creation stories one of them could have figured out how to construct bipedal hominadae with a more efficient laryngeal nerve. When I was 10 I was able to do it with legos.

Oh well, HUMANS ROCK GO GOD (ALIENS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Originally posted by randomname
God has been attacked by hateful and spiteful people since the beginning of time. the theory of evolution is just another example.

No, the theory of evolution has nothing to do with any deity.

it not based on fact, but the ramblings of an old and bitter man.

You mean a loving and caring father and husband? Also, ad hominem incoming!

a hermit who was probably senile and suffering from dementia.

Unless you actually read his book...and how is a guy that lives with his wife a hermit? Hell, he lived in a community. AD HOMINEM!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They say we have one piece of DNA different to apes and this is why we are so similar to them yet so much more advanced well the majority of us.The only thing I can think of is when the aliens (gods) came down to earth for what ever reason they saw these apes and realised with a bit of DNA tweaking they could make a very useful slave once they had enough of us made they no longer needed to use apes as we could then breed ourselves that's why there are still apes around today.
They even come to check up on there creation from time to time.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Evolution is a continous process, not discreet.

As humans we are inclined to give things labels.

I think that just about sums it up.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I'm taking a break from ATS, because apparently a wave of mental retardation has struck. Do you all think about things at all. If you have questions about evolution, do you not check out google, wikipedia, peer reviewed scholarly articles, or books from your local library?

I wish some of the crazy stuff existed too, because then maybe Jesus would come back on the 21st and slap some sense into people who don't even bother to actually learn when truth is available at their fingertips.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncertain1

Or that's just entirely wrong...because we have quite a bit of difference from apes. Sure, it's in the single digit percentage range, but we're still different. And those differences are something we can use to trace the human and chimp ancestries back to a common ancestor.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
some aliens !@#$ a monkey/ape and, here we are..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Have a look around and notice that there is nothing the same here.
It is amazing that where ever you go, you will never see a person with the same face.
We all have the same ingredients (2 eyes, a nose and a mouth), yet we all look different.

This is the beauty.
This is the miracle.

Life is not a puzzle.
Life is a work of art for your veiwing pleasure.

In a way we are aliens.
We are being.
We have been laid to believe that we are human beings.
This is the confusion.

Being is not concerned with anything but being.
Humans are concerned with doing.
Forget doing and be.
Be free.
edit on 17-5-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
WE ARE APES, the human species is a member of the ape family, Christ almighty how many times does evolution need to be explained to some people?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal
Asking why there are still other kind of apes is like asking why all your family didn't die when you were born.

And we are apes, just a different kind.
edit on 16-5-2011 by MonteroReal because: (no reason given)

Thats like calling a light post a tree because it resembles one. In actuality they are two completely different things. Apes are apes and Humans are Humans, it's really as simple as that.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncertain1
They say we have one piece of DNA different to apes and this is why we are so similar to them yet so much more advanced well the majority of us.The only thing I can think of is when the aliens (gods) came down to earth for what ever reason they saw these apes and realised with a bit of DNA tweaking they could make a very useful slave once they had enough of us made they no longer needed to use apes as we could then breed ourselves that's why there are still apes around today.
They even come to check up on there creation from time to time.

Nice story, but if you had access to technology and knowledge of that sort (greater than ANY on Earth as of this time) i'd be inclined to ask you two questions:

1) Out of all of the animals on Earth, why pick an ape?

2) Couldn't you have just built a robot?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

No, humans are apes. We belong to the same family in the classification system for the simple reason that our genetics are that close.

We're apes. We're not chimps, but we are definitely apes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join