It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARE WE ALIENS, If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ZforZionism

Evolution is proven using the same tools that we trust to sentence murderers to death or determine who is the parent of a child (DNA evidence). You may not consider it a fact, but actual biologists disagree.

Germ theory of disease, cell theory or theory of relativity are "just" theories, too. Thats because the word "theory" does not imply that it is unproven in scientific jargon. The word you are looking for is probably "hypothesis".
edit on 16/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/5/11 by Maslo because: typo

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZforZionism
The scientific, historic and public access museums, mainstream media have all peddled have to be discredited simply because of the fact that they are propagating a THEORY as FACT without any conclusive scientific proof. That alone should raise suspicions.

Utter nonsense. Evolution is a fact. A very well established, and easily provable fact.

Anyone that disagrees is either intellectually challenged, or grew up with a religious background - and therefore will do anything to avoid the bleedin' obvious.

Incidently, Darwin's version of evolution, while loosely correct, is highly simplified. It was written long before we had developed an understanding of genetics.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthysceptic

Originally posted by ZforZionism
The scientific, historic and public access museums, mainstream media have all peddled have to be discredited simply because of the fact that they are propagating a THEORY as FACT without any conclusive scientific proof. That alone should raise suspicions.

Utter nonsense. Evolution is a fact. A very well established, and easily provable fact.

Anyone that disagrees is either intellectually challenged, or grew up with a religious background - and therefore will do anything to avoid the bleedin' obvious.

Incidently, Darwin's version of evolution, while loosely correct, is highly simplified. It was written long before we had developed an understanding of genetics.

Yeah sure, anyone that hurls insults like a religious fanatic deserves no merit from me.

Evolution of humans from nothing is not fact, by a long shot.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by healthysceptic

Well i am not religious nor didnt grew up in a religious family, i am not a creationist nor a darwinist.
I am just me and my mind, try to think logics.

I studied biology and alchemy, i know what the so called facts are.
Still i have big questions about human evolution

edit on 16-5-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Originally posted by yadda333 Originally posted by simples To answer the thread title we did not evolve from apes To add to this: We are apes. Yep. Read up on your Robert Anton Wilson. We are domesticated apes.

How about you do your own research and you might actually find something interesting instead of just flinging out authors names at people

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Darwin said that if there are any biological systems of irreducible complexity then his theory doesn't hold.

Such systems have been found today and an analogy is that if you take away the axel of the car - the car fails and fails to propagate.

Except that every example given to date of irreducible complexity has been shown to be false. Further, Darwin's theory of evolution is only one part of modern evolutionary synthesis, which also includes paleontology, genetics, and other fields that didn't exist as such when Darwin penned his theory.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ont forget it's darwins THEORY and that's all it is a THEORY

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

We are still apes.

What, you want more? Okay.

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens
Subspecies: H. s. sapiens

(Source: wikipedia or any good bio text book that covers classification)

Hominidae, that is the ape family. Genetics demonstrates that we are members, morphology further reinforces it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

No, it's a theory and a fact. The theory explains the fact. Like gravity. Or circuits.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It's a good thing that nobody is claiming that people evolved from nothing. Granted, you're just tossing out silly old Kent Hovind lines that I've heard so often. Please, address what is actually covered in common descent.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Citation needed.

...seriously, back up the statement. Where is the proof that we didn't evolve? Why is it that our DNA ties us directly into the 'tree of life'?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples
Ont forget it's darwins THEORY and that's all it is a THEORY

Darwin's theory describes the FACT of evolution. Look up 'scientific theory' sometime, it doesn't mean what you think it does.

There are theories of gravity. But that doesn't mean that gravity is theoretical.

Edit: beaten by madnessinmysoul
edit on 16-5-2011 by healthysceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by healthysceptic

A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained Darwin's theory of evolution A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based a theory of education music theory An idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action my theory would be that the place has been seriously mismanaged A collection of propositions to illustrate the principles of a subject

Erm your wrong again

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

I'm right.

A scientific theory comprises a collection of concepts, including abstractions of observable phenomena expressed as quantifiable properties, together with rules (called scientific laws) that express relationships between observations of such concepts. A scientific theory is constructed to conform to available empirical data about such observations, and is put forth as a principle or body of principles for explaining a class of phenomena

BTW - what you posted was incoherent. Ever heard of punctuation?
edit on 16-5-2011 by healthysceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Last I checked, there were the following that you don't toss out because they're 'only a theory':

Circuit theory (I assume that you're using a computer to interact with us)
Cell theory (I assume you think that living beings are made of cells)
Germ theory (I assume you think that human disease is very often caused by microorganisms)

...those are theories.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Asking why there are still other kind of apes is like asking why all your family didn't die when you were born.

And we are apes, just a different kind.
edit on 16-5-2011 by MonteroReal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

I get your point.
Can you just give me some information on the missing links?
Cant seem to find any good one, where i am searching...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't think we evolved from apes.

I think we are our own species, and came to be as we are. Humans have always been humans.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassp83
I don't think we evolved from apes.

I think we are our own species, and came to be as we are. Humans have always been humans.

Well, I don't think anybody here could refute anything you've said!

Yes, we are our own species. Genus: Homo Species: Sapien

Yep, humans didn't evolve from apes, but rather a common ancestor.

I certainly don't know any other homo sapiens that have ever been anything other than homo sapiens.

You're spot on mate!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

We're apes. These apes you might be thinking of are a branch that is different from ours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join