It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implanted memories of Blue Skies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Someone once noted that if you accused someone of having no sense of humor, they would react more strongly than if you called them a racist. Everyone thinks they have a good sense of humor.

The same might be said for memory. Everyone think they have a great memory, and if you question their recollection of events, even their childhood recollection, you might as well have questioned their sanity.

But research shows that memories, especially childhood memories, can very easily be created with only simple suggestions. See Scientific American September 1997, vol 277 #3 pages 70-75

The researchers told the students that the study was about how people remember shared experiences differently. In addition to actual events reported by parents, each participant was given one false event, either an overnight hospitalization for a high fever and a possible ear infection, or a birthday party with pizza and a clown that supposedly happened at about the age of five. The parents confirmed that neither of these events actually took place.

Hyman found that students fully or partially recalled 84 percent of the true events in the first interview and 88 percent in the second interview. None of the participants recalled the false event during the first interview, but 20 percent said they remembered something about the false event in the second interview. One participant who had been exposed to the emergency hospitalization story later remembered a male doctor, a female nurse and a friend from church who came to visit at the hospital.

In another study, along with true events Hyman presented different false events, such as accidentally spilling a bowl of punch on the parents of the bride at a wedding reception or having to evacuate a grocery store when the overhead sprinkler systems erroneously activated. Again, none of the participants recalled the false event during the first interview, but 18 percent remembered something about it in the second interview.

For example, during the first interview, one participant, when asked about the fictitious wedding event, stated, "I have no clue. I have never heard that one before." In the second interview, the participant said, "It was an outdoor wedding, and I think we were running around and knocked something over like the punch bowl or something and made a big mess and of course got yelled at for it. "

There are many other studies on the way that your mind can create false memories.

Given this, and the fact that the main evidence for the chemtrail theory is people supposedly remembering bluer or clearer skies, and shorter contrails (to an extent that contradicts known science), wouldn't it be reasonable to question those memories? Is it not possible that those memories might have been prompted to some degree - either by an idealizing of blue skies from happy childhood summers and family photos, or from the suggestion of contrails being shorter, a suggestion raised or reinforced by a peer group.

How much do you trust your memory?

+12 more 
posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Wow... not only can't we believe our lyin' eyes, we can't trust our own memories, though no implantations were done on thousands of people all over the world. Of course, deniers have excellent memories and never get false ones implanted, and they don't have lyin' eyes to worry about.

Sorry, but this is sheer desperation and grasping at straws. And knowing how the thread will go I'll just leave it at that and walk away.

+26 more 
posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I trust my memory a whole hell of a lot more than I trust my government....

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Given this, and the fact that the main evidence for the chemtrail theory is people supposedly remembering bluer or clearer skies

I honestly don't get when people claim that the skies aren't clear blue anymore. I see clear blue skies all the time.

Maybe it isn't the clouds...maybe it is their eyes getting older and/or used to the blueness of the sky.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
Wow... not only can't we believe our lyin' eyes, we can't trust our own memories

Well, no, you can't trust either. Time and time again, visual perception, and recollection have been shown to be far less accurate than people think they are. The above study shows that you can't trust your memory.

You think that your eyes are never fooled? Consider this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aa79e663d4d.jpg[/atsimg]

Square A and square B are the same color. Yet they look like they are different colors. Your eyes have been fooled. You can't trust your eyes.

The point here is that simply using recollections as the basis for a theory is inherently flawed. Especially when those recollections are directly contradicted by other people, and even more especially when they are contradicted by physical evidence, science, films, and photos.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh, that makes so much sense! Now I remember the Chemtrails back in the 70's. The sky's were always coated with a thick mold like fog and they were never blue. I never saw the sun and my skin never burned when I was at the beach. I never looked up at the sky and asked my daddy what that little trail was behind the jets... In reality, though, (if my memory serves me correctly) I was almost infatuated with watching the jets fly over the Southern Californian skies, and those little trails were just that...little.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

You posted only TEN minutes after the OP...you want people to believe that you completely absorbed the POINT of the study about memory, and then composed your reply and typed it out, and all that in only TEN minutes??

Or, would it be more accurate to say that you just had a knee-jerk reaction?

+1 more 
posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
all i know is that one day about 7 years ago i looked at the sky, saw chem / contrails and remarked to myself "this isn't right.

I had no idea what chemtrails were, i didn't know what haarp was, i didn't have the internet or cable.

I just knew that i had never before seen what i was seeing.

i have been interested in finding out ever since

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

People do tend to glaucoma or cataracts when they're older. Possibly the clouding of the eyes could be the result of a less blue and less bright sky.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

are you for real please
i agree brainwashing is going on but its not for us its for our kids and the people who watch endless tv shows and its not to implant false memory's of clear blue sky's in our youth it's to implant false memory's of aircrafts have always left trail's in the sky that last for hours.
but i should thank you in a way because you have highlighted just how tptb can get away with it

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

? different colors. Do you have the proof, or solution pic to this illusion? Regardless of color, just following the pattern of the chessboard proves that they are different colors?

edit: NEVERMIND........www.illusion-optical.com... (nice animation)
edit on 15-5-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk (if my memory serves me correctly)

Which it might, or might not. Consider that in SoCal you can go months at a time with very few (if any) persistent contrails. Especially in the summer. Could it be that the times when you were at the beach watching planes as a child just coincide with the summer break from school?

I'm not trying to mess with your mind here. It's clear that your memory is not always accurate - mine certainly is not. Just consider the possibility that your memories can change over time.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Uncinus because: of -> or

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by Uncinus

? different colors. Do you have the proof, or solution pic to this illusion? Regardless of color, just following the pattern of the chessboard proves that they are different colors?

There you go. Can't trust your eyes.

Take a piece of paper, and poke two holes in it with a pencil, hold it over the screen so you can ONLY see the square A and B. They are the exact same color.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47a9873dcf39.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 15-5-2011 by Uncinus because: added image

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Yeah...and I grew up in SoCal too.

And, I am sitting here now.

Nothing has changed, from the 1960s to now...except MORE flights, and different designs of jet engines, that produce a variety of more persistent contrails.

But, I have the added component to MY memories...experience and knowledge. And solid understanding of science and technology.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is totally normal.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The design of jet engines creates contrails that persist, and spread apart to cover the whole sky? How so?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Besides your memories are invalid

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
[never mind, somebody beat me to it]
edit on 15-5-2011 by RicoMarston because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk

The design of jet engines creates contrails that persist, and spread apart to cover the whole sky? How so?

the contrails that do not "persist" behave identically to the contrails which do. you just can't see them. certain atmospheric conditions make one contrail visible while others are invisible.

how do you think clouds form? the clear blue sky is filled with water vapor; potential clouds. there is a period of time prior to a cloud's formation when it exists in an invisible state. even now, there are masses of water vapor more tightly packed than open sky, but not so tightly that it coalesces into a visible cloud.

that's right; INVISIBLE CLOUDS! what will HAARP come up with next?!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by Uncinus

There you go. Can't trust your eyes.

Take a piece of paper, and poke two holes in it with a pencil, hold it over the screen so you can ONLY see the square A and B. They are the exact same color.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47a9873dcf39.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 15-5-2011 by Uncinus because: added image

Yes, I agree that the letters are the same colors, but the squares aren't. You said square A and B though, You didn't say "A and B are the same colors."

As for memories, I honestly wish I did have fake memories, my memories of my past are so intense I remember every single moment i've gotten hurt, every time my parents had a verbal fight. I think I can trust my memories and my perception of it things. Oh and hey everyone just joining today because this thread just blows my mind.
edit on 15-5-2011 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join