It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Implanted memories of Blue Skies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

This is totally normal.

ON that day, that location...that time, yes. Those are contrails that were formed by the many airliners that flew overhead, because the atmospheric condition, THAT day, THAT location and THAT time were perfect for persistent contrail formation to occur.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If my memory of blue skies is faulty, I guess the scary government came in and recolored my pics from the 60's- present as well covering pics from several continents and several types of film.

Man, theyre really sneaky!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I find this thread rather fascinating for a number of reasons...
I wonder why during the second interview did the students recall information? Were those memories simply implanted into them because they were told they were real? This kind of opens up a whole new perspective for me as far as when the collective consciousness hears something on the MSM that they're told is true.

I try not to let anything affect the memories I know to be true in my own mind. I can admit my memory is much worse than most people's, and I certainly don't always trust it, but how can we tell the difference?? I think intuition and facts that back up whatever memories we have are the best way to tell...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Can't believe some starred your post?? This is easily researched, and is well known by those of us with the experience:

The design of jet engines creates contrails that persist.... How so?

HIGH-bypass turboFAN engine technologies cause the increase in more persistent contrails today, compared to the older LOW-bypass turboFAN and even older straight turboJET engines.

Funny...those who "believe" this crap about "chem"-trails don't know this?

In fact.....the reason that in WW 2 the contrails, from the big bombers (and some fighters) were obvious and persistent then, too, is because a large propeller blowing a large volume of air back and around the central HOT core o exhaust gases is very similar to the way modern HIGH-bypass turboFANs work, today.

edit on Sun 15 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by binkbonk (if my memory serves me correctly)

Which it might, or might not. Consider that in SoCal you can go months at a time with very few (if any) persistent contrails. Especially in the summer. Could it be that the times when you were at the beach watching planes as a child just coincide with the summer break from school?

I'm not trying to mess with your mind here. It's clear that your memory is not always accurate - mine certainly is not. Just consider the possibility that your memories can change over time.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Uncinus because: of -> or
You imply that you could mess with my mind? Your confidence is admirable, that is, if not delusional. Yes, there are many days where the skies are nice and blue, even in the 21st century. But there are many days that those blue skies are coated with a very seemingly unnatural haze... I am not purporting to know what the phenomenon is, I am merely stating that it does exist, and that it did not occur when I was younger. It is at the very least annoying (if not criminal).

link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

you are full of it weedwacker that is not normal trail's that last for hours are not normal you know it and i know it but the only difference between us is that when i look in a mirror i like what i see can you honestly say the same.

link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
I wonder why during the second interview did the students recall information? Were those memories simply implanted into them because they were told they were real? This kind of opens up a whole new perspective for me as far as when the collective consciousness hears something on the MSM that they're told is true.

The implanting was not some kind of sci-fi mind probe, all that happened was on the first visit they were told some things happened to them (which were false), and were asked if they remembered them. They did not remember them. But on the next visit some of them DID remember them. Nothing additional happened - just a seed was planted in their mind, and grew into a memory.

You know how an oyster makes a pearl? A bit of sand gets inside, and it irritates the oysters, it can't get it out so it coats it with pearl to stop the irritation. Maybe it's a bit like that - the brain gets told something happened, but it can't remember it, so that irritates the brain. So instead of rejecting the idea, it just coats it with memory, so it sits more easily in the mind.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
You imply that you could mess with my mind? Your confidence is admirable, that is, if not delusional.

No, I'm implying that people might think I'm trying to mess with their minds. Especially if what I say raises doubts about something they previously believed.

Yes, there are many days where the skies are nice and blue, even in the 21st century. But there are many days that those blue skies are coated with a very seemingly unnatural haze... I am not purporting to know what the phenomenon is, I am merely stating that it does exist, and that it did not occur when I was younger.

According to your (fallible) memory. Is there any other evidence?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What year did they start implementing the HIGH-bypass turboFAN engine technology?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
If my memory of blue skies is faulty, I guess the scary government came in and recolored my pics from the 60's- present as well covering pics from several continents and several types of film.

I don't suppose you've ever scanned your pics from negatives, color corrected them for the film temperature, and then compared them to modern photos?

You know, I sometime wonder if people who grew up in the 1950 have some memories in black and white

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The first designs for high-bypass engines were just coming out in the late 60s, early 70s....for that new type of airliner design, the "jumbo". Like, the B-747, DC-10 and L-1011.

Initially, of course, were very few actual examples of those airplanes, and MOST of them were on schedules that took them long-haul, and overseas.

Vast majority of airliners, then, (in USA) were the B-727, B-737 and DC-9...all with the versions of the JT-8D, a low bypass made by Pratt & Whitney. Those types of engines would make the sorts of contrails that most people seem to "recall"....of course, for ALL contrails, their tendency to remain longer, or shorter time spans, depends entirely on the atmospheric conditions, too...

Forgot, too.....back then they were still flying a lot of the old B-707s...straight turboJET engines...along with the DC-8s too...same thing. Introduction of mre and more turboFAN engines really began around mid-1980s, with the B-737 re-design (the -300, and other models based on it).

Of course, Airbus A320s, when bought by US airlines, were added to fleets, and more and more airplanes gradually were powered by the more efficient engines, making larger, long lasting contrails....

edit on Sun 15 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You imply that you could mess with my mind? Your confidence is admirable, that is, if not delusional.

No, I'm implying that people might think I'm trying to mess with their minds. Especially if what I say raises doubts about something they previously believed.

What is you're purpose here??? Are you "trying" to mess with people's minds??? While you're trying to mess with people's minds, we're all busy trying to find the truth...
edit on 15-5-2011 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So the depths of those that refuse to admit that operations are going on in our skies has gotten even lower?

Now I'm a naive child that made the whole thing up just because someone suggested it?

Wow you folks really don't have a clue how to contain this. "Hi-pass turbo jet engines" are hazing the skies??

If that were true don't you think that certain environmental watchdogs would have something to say about it?? They can't because what that suggests is not physically possible. The only possible suggestion is to accuse someone of something completely diabolical and that is politically not possible.

this is quite a predicament.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

I don't suppose you've ever scanned your pics from negatives, color corrected them for the film temperature, and then compared them to modern photos?

You know, I sometime wonder if people who grew up in the 1950 have some memories in black and white

I actually have boxes and boxes of slides and a slide viewer too.. Ive had them printed off to share with family when my dad died.. yep, blue skies in Montana and amazingly enough, the grass was still green.
It's pretty common to have printed pics and slides of the exact same pics.... as thats how they were sold back then. You had the option.

I didnt grow up in the 50's.. but B&W was still popular in the 60's and early 70's... yet I still remember the red of my grandmothers favorite hat and the blue skies.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Interesting, I'll look into that when I get a chance.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

so you say that false memory's can be implanted and i agree with you but i notice that you choose to ignore my post.
so again i put it to you that by the same premise in which you started this thread could it not also be possible that tv [the biggest brainwashing devise ever created]is now being used to implant false memory's that planes have always left trail's that stick around for hours in fact it should be noted that certain film's when remastered seam to include this CONtrail's when the original didn't have them.
what are your thought's on that

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Great post! It always makes me laugh when a believer states that they "trust their eyes" or "know what they saw", considering how unreliable eyewitness testimony and perception is, claiming that your senses are the definitive proof of something shows ones ignorance. The worst part is that I learned about unreliability in perception in high school psychology, are believers lacking in education or are they genuinely deluded ( judging by some of their posts, I doubt they understand the workings of cognitive dissonance either
)?
edit on 5/15/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

ETA: I reccomend doing some reading on the experiments by Loftus - fascinating, really.
edit on 5/15/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What is you're purpose here??? Are you "trying" to mess with people's minds??? While you're trying to mess with people's minds, we're all busy trying to find the truth...

I'm not trying to mess with people's minds. I'm debunking.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

....refuse to admit that operations are going on in our skies....

What "operations"??

What, 'evil' airline flying passengers and cargo around, in interstate and international commerce??

Guess you will have to convince people that air travel, and its convenience, is too high a "price" to pay for your distorted "memories" of the past??

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by djcarlosa
so you say that false memory's can be implanted and i agree with you but i notice that you choose to ignore my post.
so again i put it to you that by the same premise in which you started this thread could it not also be possible that tv [the biggest brainwashing devise ever created]is now being used to implant false memory's that planes have always left trail's that stick around for hours in fact it should be noted that certain film's when remastered seam to include this CONtrail's when the original didn't have them.
what are your thought's on that

If it were true, it would be very easy to demonstrate. Just show a before and after of the film.

The fact that there are thousands of scientific papers, photos, news reports, etc, about persistent contrails back to the 1940s, and zero evidence of forgery, makes it seem pretty unlikely.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join