It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(To christians... ) So.... just hypothetically....what if Jesus returns... (Serious responses only p

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You say Jesus will need to use pathetic man made weapons like RPGs and AK47's?

This thread is absolutely absurd. As a Christian i cannot possibly take this thread seriously.

Better luck trolling next time.

The purpose of this thread is to look at end times events from an Islamic point of view.
Why? Because it is so similar to the christian point of view that Jesus would return to kill the anti-christ.
Hence the image of Jesus wielding manmade weapons to fulfill prophecy.

Bear in mind that David used a pathetic man made weapon , a slingshot to defeat goliath...

edit on 14-9-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

"Like a thief in the night" means that no one will know the time of His return, not the way He will return. You never know when a thief is gonna rob your house.

The interpretation of "like a thief in the night" could also mean Jesus returning in secret.....i.e being completely hidden... without anyone knowing. No christian would ever imagine Jesus as an islamic militant... so that would be the ultimate disguise that Jesus could use. Jesus is always depicted as having christian followers, and rarely as being the awaited messiah of muslims

Perhaps even the muslims might be completely unaware that Jesus is among them... fighting alongside them. Perhaps Jesus' identity could be hidden until after the end of his mission.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

You say Jesus will need to use pathetic man made weapons like RPGs and AK47's?

This thread is absolutely absurd. As a Christian i cannot possibly take this thread seriously.

Better luck trolling next time.

The purpose of this thread is to look at end times events from an Islamic point of view.
Why? Because it is so similar to the christian point of view that Jesus would return to kill the anti-christ.
Hence the image of Jesus wielding manmade weapons to fulfill prophecy.

Bear in mind that David used a pathetic man made weapon , a slingshot to defeat goliath...

Are you Muslim my friend? If so, are you well versed in the Quran?

The reason I ask is because I would like to know that point of view of the "End Times".

Could you summarise this battle?

Here is what I understand thus far.

First there will come the Dajal (sp?) or "Anti-Christ". The physical description is a man of no comeliness, who has an eye that floats like a grape.

This Anti Christ will deceive the world before the return of Christ.

The Imam Mahdi will defeat this "Anti-Christ" making way for the return of Christ.

Once defeated, Christ returns and the Imam Mahdi yields his control over to Christ who then rules the Kingdom of Earth and Heaven.

Is this accurate and could you provide the Hadiths or Surrahs which support this.

Forgive any inaccuracies in spelling as I am not Muslim.

In the interest of disclosure, I have a lazy right eye which is technically blind.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 14-9-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The reason I ask is because I would like to know that point of view of the "End Times".

Summary of the end times battle : Jesus returns to kill the anti-christ. Good wins, evil loses.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Summary of the end times battle : Jesus returns to kill the anti-christ. Good wins, evil loses.

Are you a child of Islam?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Honestly I have no idea.. as I am not a practising muslim. All I know is that there is more to the end times battle than what we read in Christianity. Jesus is not (c) and (tm) of christianity... despite their religion revolving around him. Islam also teaches the same thing about Jesus returning to defeat the anti-christ.

Im just trying to interpret scripture in light of current events.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

revelation generation? good one, we will live to see his return......can you imagine............................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...........................................................................................................................................please pray for it,

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Honestly I have no idea.. as I am not a practising muslim. All I know is that there is more to the end times battle than what we read in Christianity. Jesus is not (c) and (tm) of christianity... despite their religion revolving around him. Islam also teaches the same thing about Jesus returning to defeat the anti-christ.

Im just trying to interpret scripture in light of current events.

I understand my friend.

As you are not a practicing muslim, I cannot discuss the matter further. Don't take this as an insult, but rather as one ill equiped to answer my questions. Perhaps a Muslim Brother or Sister will come who is well versed in in the texts of the Quran to answer both of our questions.

I do believe you are correct in your synopsis however.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

As you are not a practicing muslim, I cannot discuss the matter further. Don't take this as an insult, but rather as one ill equiped to answer my questions. Perhaps a Muslim Brother or Sister will come who is well versed in in the texts of the Quran to answer both of our questions.

I do have a fairly decent understanding of the Koran and it teaching and of Islamic end times... so I am not completely clueless about Islam. Anyone who is aware of christian end times accounts would realize that Islamic end times accounts are similar in many important ways.

Anyway, what was your question going to be?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

...to be labelled and identified as a terrorist, insurgent, rebel etc.?

There suddenly appears a skilled guerilla warfare commander... who will be labelled by the MSM as an "islamist terrorist". He will be extremely religious. He will fight for his religious beliefs against a government/ruling authority that is far from religious. He would be portrayed in the media as a typical islamic extremist. Beard, turban, AK, RPG... the works.

And then... this character turns out to be none other than.... Jesus Christ.

How would you all react?

Interesting point... I done some thinking along those lines and would like to expand on them here. I am serious as a heart attack and I know to WHOM you are referring...

First a quote or two of my own:

Rev. 1:16 .. and out of his mouth went a two edged sword....
Rev. 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations...

Scholars who interpret the bible agree that these and other verses refer to Christ when he returns and descends with a mighty shout, no longer peaceful but the conquerer. That from his mouth I think means his commands, and the sword is reference to death. Swords kill right? That the commands form his mouth result in deaths this time. No longer the meek and peaceful servant but now the avenging angel as it were.

What's weird is there is one who fits this bill and is considered by many to be a Holy man and who issues commands by radio and cell phone that have resulted in many deaths round the world. I even go further to observe how extraordinarily his countenance appears to mirror that on the shroud of turin...
Of course he is no longer with us, having been murdered by night, at home, in bed.

And of course, if I actually name him, people on here will FREAK and accuse me of blasphemy, because of double course and in all actuality God is on OUR side and THEY are the Devil, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I am serious as a heart attack and I know to WHOM you are referring...

I am referring to Jesus who both Christians and Muslims await.

The idea is that he will return and as an islamic militant... and will most probably go unnoticed. i.e - He will come undetected like a "thief in the night'.

The reason why I think Jesus might return looking like an islamic militant is because his mission is to defeat evil using force....(not very different from the ideology of islamic fighters).. thereby Jesus is fighting a holy war... not a war for profit or territory.

Also, that was an interesting comparison you made about radio commands and the "sword from the mouth", though I dont agree with what you said about Osama being that prophetiic figure.
But, I think the same method can be applied to Jesus fighting as a guerilla.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

He will return as a King to rule....by killing all the opposition.

Islam does not doubt that he will return to "kill the opposition" (No doubt Jesus had a use for violence, basis the sword verses of Jesus).

My question is... who are the opposition??

edit on 10-5-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

As for the sword, "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." It may be easy to get confused unless one realizes which is being referred to, man made weapons or God's weapons - "For though we walk in the flesh, we don’t wage war according to the flesh; 10:4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but mighty before God to the throwing down of strongholds, 10:5 throwing down imaginations and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God"

"out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword"

"He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked"

"Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter.""

"Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming"

For example if an Atheist is met by the God who created him then the Atheist himself would be destroyed because he would no longer be an Atheist but a believer. Even if the “believer” still did not want to serve his Creator he still could not oppose his existence any longer. So an opposed one can destroy its opposition by revealing to them the truth. Seems like a great way to destroy one's opposition. As the return of Christ will destroy the pseudo-christ just by his presence. Interesting to note repentance means to change one's mind.

As for him coming secretly "Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen."

Who is the opposition?

"For the day of vengeance was in my heart,
and the year of my redemption has come.
I looked, but there was no one to help,
I was appalled that no one gave support;"

This correlates with

"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

and

"The whole world was astonished and followed the beast."
"All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast"

and also

"many are called, few are chosen"

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

I am serious as a heart attack and I know to WHOM you are referring...

I am referring to Jesus who both Christians and Muslims await.
The idea is that he will return and as an islamic militant... and will most probably go unnoticed. i.e - He will come undetected like a "thief in the night'.

I'm not sure he will carry the same name the second time around. And "unnoticed" because he won't be recognized for who he really is (by everyone / noone?). The church and the state killed him then as an enemy too. He also was unrecognized when he arose from the dead after being crucified.

Also, that was an interesting comparison you made about radio commands and the "sword from the mouth", though I dont agree with what you said about Osama being that prophetiic figure.
But, I think the same method can be applied to Jesus fighting as a guerilla.

I think he led the gorillas, i.e., Mhuajideen, when they fought the Russians and US. And his commands issued by radio then and cell phone during all "terror attacks" around the world.
" With which he smote the nations". Rev. 15:19.
I cannot say this with certainty but it has been on my mind. You are the only other person I have met who has similar notions about Jesus' "return".

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
You are the only other person I have met who has similar notions about Jesus' "return".

There are many who hold your views my friend. You are in good company.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by intrptr
You are the only other person I have met who has similar notions about Jesus' "return".

There are many who hold your views my friend. You are in good company.

With Love,

Your Brother

Why thank you for that supportive note. I am sure that I am in a minority as I live in the Belly of the Beast, the US of A. Loved reading your personal story in your thread THE PLAN. Sounds a lot like my own struggle with the machine I was programmed to obey.

Love to you too,
from a fellow survivor...
Intrptr

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Us people perish for a lack of knowledge. Because we don't have divine revelation from God, because we lack wisdom and knowledge in things of Him, we stumble in the dark, leading others astray. God came to give light and life back to us in the dark. That life comes first by confessing and repenting and accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, accepting that He died for my sins, and was resurrected in 3 days showing He is indeed God-incarnate, and He has the power to forgive sins.

I just read what you mentioned in Luke. I believe it was Luke 22:35-38 or so. He tells them about sword, "pawn your coat and buy a sword", in reference telling them - prepare for trouble ahead, prepare for persecution ahead for His sake - right previous He just let Peter know of how he was going to rebuke even knowing Christ three times before the rooster crows. He's giving them a heads up. I don't think he meant LITERALLY picking up a sword and fighting - because the disciples said, "look master, two swords!" and Jesus replied, "enough of that; no more sword talk!"

As well - keep in mind in the Mount of Olives where he was betrayed - the disciples asked him if they should fight, and one even jumped ahead of the gun and sliced off one of the chief priest's servant's ear. Jesus healed that and called off any fighting, willingly giving Himself. Jesus wasn't out for blood - atleast in the sense of which you bring it about. Literally, I don't think God is telling us to grab swords, and start killing people, but spiritually speaking, He is being literal. For myself, I know theres reference to armor, and a sword in Ephesians. The armor of God. Belt of truth. Helmet of salvation. Breastplate of righteousness. Greaves/boots of the Gospel. Shield of faith. Sword of the spirit - which is the Word of God. I don't know what Jesus meant exactly when he said he'd be coming back with a sword - but I could almost guarantee, it isn't the interpretation taken from Mohammed, nor would he be considered an "islamist threat". John 1:1-2 "The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. The Word was God, in readiness for God from day one.". I don't know, but perhaps the sword He's bringing is the fulfillment of His word which He spoke, Him coming back, the fulfillment of all scriptures, the final judgement, in which where every knee will bow, and every tongue profess that Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords, and King of Kings.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

if ressurection doesnt exist, then why is there a word for it? peace doesnt exist. technically you dont either. you are a simple program that prints crap.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

We were talking about the Two edged Sword in Revelations? Goto 2:15 in here:

Interesting...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
^ what is it about revelation and 2-edge sword???

Back to topic:
I am not a christian but actually if anyone came and says that he is jesus/buddha/maitreya etc. I would find it hard to believe ,I mean I don;t kow how they even look like in the 1st place, how am I supposed to know if he is fake,planned by some ulterior forces or if he is true ???He could be all about peace and unity, or the other hand he might advocate a religion and fight(literally) for it,how do we know he is for real??
edit on 28-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

I am not a christian but actually if anyone came and says that he is jesus/buddha/maitreya etc. I would find it hard to believe ,I mean I don;t kow how they even look like in the 1st place, how am I supposed to know if he is fake,planned by some ulterior forces or if he is true ???He could be all about peace and unity, or the other hand he might advocate a religion and fight(literally) for it,how do we know he is for real??

You need not know, because Jesus is said to return as a thief in the night... to complete a mission.

The premise of the OP is based on the idea that Jesus returns and completes his mission in stealth, like a thief in the night. No one would ever suspect that Jesus would be fighting alongside a islamic mujahideen army.

This leans towards the Islamic take on the events surrounding Jesus' return.... but just what if the truth is exactly what a christian cannot accept? That Jesus is indeed a muslim...and that he will fight on the side of Muslims when he returns?

edit on 28-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join