It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(To christians... ) So.... just hypothetically....what if Jesus returns... (Serious responses only p

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

I am not a christian but actually if anyone came and says that he is jesus/buddha/maitreya etc. I would find it hard to believe ,I mean I don;t kow how they even look like in the 1st place, how am I supposed to know if he is fake,planned by some ulterior forces or if he is true ???He could be all about peace and unity, or the other hand he might advocate a religion and fight(literally) for it,how do we know he is for real??

You need not know, because Jesus is said to return as a thief in the night... to complete a mission.

The premise of the OP is based on the idea that Jesus returns and completes his mission in stealth, like a thief in the night. No one would ever suspect that Jesus would be fighting alongside a islamic mujahideen army.

This leans towards the Islamic take on the events surrounding Jesus' return.... but just what if the truth is exactly what a christian cannot accept? That Jesus is indeed a muslim...and that he will fight on the side of Muslims when he returns?

edit on 28-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

I thought the "thief in the night" comment is regarding the judgment day?? If Jesus really does return as a muslim,I am pretty sure he will tell the other muslims that he is and the news would reach other people in the world ,providing internet still exists in that time.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I thought the "thief in the night" comment is regarding the judgment day?? If Jesus really does return as a muslim,I am pretty sure he will tell the other muslims that he is

Jesus was always a submitter to the will of God, i.e a "muslim" .
Jesus may or may not tell the other muslims that he is Jesus, I would not know.

and the news would reach other people in the world ,providing internet still exists in that time.

I doubt most people would take well to the idea of Jesus returning to fight alongside Islamic mujahideen. So even if the news reaches everybody in the world, they would most likely dismiss it as a hoax. In fact, many christians have already declared the Jesus of Islam as a "false prophet".

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

For you have see the destruction of the banking empire which has fallen at your feet before your very eyes, that was created by the evil in the world which is quickly losing footing.
You have seen the numbers en mass that are quickly stepping up against the harsh government rule that we all have been struggling to put up against for their deceit and unethical ways!
I shown proof from of my powers by showing you signs from the sun!
But you have no idea the anger within me, due to the fact on the evil you've put me against and those who know, did it intentionally! You see my war goes deeper and more in depth for all the years I've been fighting for the truth some of us believe in. Don't ever turn your back on the truth you believe, it's the secret driving force that brings forth the power within! I've been battling my war for 33 years, since I was 2 years old, and will never get the appreciation I deserve for not letting it get the best of me!
So as this I have to say this," what sign I could give next to make you believe?"
How open is your mind to your surroundings?
What powers have you uncovered in your life?
I've been doing theories and tests on this # for quite some time and when I asked for a sign for a little re-assurance, it was given immediately. Maybe a sign this time will be with the animals, they deserve a lot of respect for what they have endured due to a human race encompassing the globe and most land within it! For some reason animals know the truth about the world and it's assuring to have them at our sides giving extra eyes for the lord to see you with!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I kinda doubt the (christian/islamic/etc.) sources that prophesize the return of Jesus,I don't know,but I think it would be too obvious if someone claim he is jesus etc. ,then a lot of people follow him but something seems amiss then another Jesus turns up,then others will like "hey,this is the real one!!!",I mean all this seems to easy to predict to be true.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I kinda doubt the (christian/islamic/etc.) sources that prophesize the return of Jesus,I don't know,but I think it would be too obvious if someone claim he is jesus etc. ,then a lot of people follow him but something seems amiss then another Jesus turns up,then others will like "hey,this is the real one!!!",I mean all this seems to easy to predict to be true.

Of course there will be plenty of people claiming to be Jesus.
But the idea is that the real Jesus will return in secret.... fighting alongside the last people you would expect Jesus to be with... an Islamic guerilla army.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Of course there will be plenty of people claiming to be Jesus.
But the idea is that the real Jesus will return in secret.... fighting alongside the last people you would expect Jesus to be with... an Islamic guerilla army.

The last group I would NOT expect Jesus to be with is definitely not an Islamic guerilla army lol.
The last group I would expect him to be in is probably something that totally has nothing to do with abrahamic faiths.

edit on 17-3-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Hear is the truth as Jesus taught it for the last days which we are deep into. As long as there is war then the earth is normal but when you hear of peace then you know destruction is near . Jesus told us do not believe anyone claiming to be him and run from them . When Jesus returns at the seventh trump all the sign will be clear a great earthquake world wide , darkness for three days and a blood red moon . We will then see Jesus coming from the east with the whole host of heaven and at that moment all the world will be changed into their spiritual bodies so you will know it is the true Christ at this point ALL will now to their king the Son of God the Prince of Peace.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Jesus returned as promised and we will meet him after we die.
Revelation is a Babylonian document written to indict Rome as being the true evil empire.
Revelation is not Christian in origin but a propaganda piece to get Christians not to support Rome and its wars and empire, and teaches no Christianity other than what meshes with any decent religion worth the name, religion.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Revelation is a Babylonian document written to indict Rome as being the true evil empire.
Revelation is not Christian in origin but a propaganda piece to get Christians not to support Rome and its wars and empire, and teaches no Christianity other than what meshes with any decent religion worth the name, religion.

You are so hung up on yor church and their flawed teachings you are blinded by the truth of the bible , you do not understand Daniels vision . Your precious pope is a heretic but the book of Revelation speaks not of Rome when it talks of the Anti Christ . God has shown me the truth and with that I left the catholic church and once you learn that truth and your spiritual eyes and ears are opened you will look back and say how did I follow these teachings .

Revelation tells us were the throne of Satan is and that is in turkey the beast that was yet is and will be is the caliphate not your precious Rome . Rome will lead the Catholics into perdition in my opinion but it is not the seat of the beast . The God Magog war of Ezekiel 39-39 tells the tale , a hint Gog is Satan who leads this locust Army .

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Revelation tells us were the throne of Satan is . . .

The Gospel of John has Jesus saying that he has judged Satan and has overcome the world.
To me, you are taking a position against Jesus by denying him the victory and handing the crown to Satan.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Jesus told us do not believe anyone claiming to be him and run from them .

What if Jesus returns covertly...like a thief in the night.... so neither the christians nor the muslims know....and Jesus simply completes his mission?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is a hard thing to answer because according to the Bible this would be contrary to what God is going to do, though perhaps not as far off as some might think.

Firstly, your scripture quotes need context. The first one Jesus is plainly speaking about the division he is going to bring to families as one person becomes a Christian and the rest of the family disowns them. The sword he is speaking of is metaphorical, though the government did bring out their swords against the Christians almost immediately following the death of Christ. The second scripture is hard to interpret. It is possible Jesus was telling them to carry a weapon for their self defense because where they had been divinely protected in their previous mission, that protection would no longer be there. It's also possible he was again being metaphorical, as his response "that is enough" feels sarcastic as if the comment went completely over the heads of the disciples. Just after this one of the disciples uses that sword to attack one of Jesus' captors yet Jesus rebukes his disciple and tells him to put the weapon away because all who live by the sword will die by the sword.

Now, as to Jesus return...

Scripture, especially in Revelation, does speak of Jesus returning and bringing war with him. Those who have set themselves up against him will be slain (see revelation 19:11-21). Many Christians have an misconstrued image of Jesus that is completely love without any form of justice or vengeance upon those who are wicked, yet the Bible says "it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" and "It is mine to avenge, I will repay" says the Lord.

So some Christians might be surprised when Jesus comes back and judges the world and the rulers and kings are slaughtered in his presence. The governments will identify him as being the enemy, perhaps as an Islamic terrorist, though I don't think they will because it will be obvious he is no mere man at this point, at least according to scripture.

Anyway, if your hypothetical situation was true in every detail, though I insist it is not, most Christians would deny that he was actually Jesus the son of God because that isn't how scripture portrays the event.

Edit: And submitting to the will of God does not make one a Muslim. The Islamic militants would be some of the very people he would be fighting against. Of course Muslims would have no problem with Jesus returning and fighting alongside of them, but the concept is completely incompatible with the Christian view of Jesus.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Mykahel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Jesus will come back "like a thief in the night" in the sense that it will be at a time when nobody expects it. Other than that, the event will be unmistakable and all people will be witness to it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

yet Jesus rebukes his disciple and tells him to put the weapon away because all who live by the sword will die by the sword.

Yet, Christians believe that Jesus returns with a sword to smite the nations?
If a violent Jesus fits into Christian eschatology, then he can also fit into Islamic eschatology.

Muslims believe that Jesus returns to fight the forces of the anti-christ....and end oppresion.

The Islamic militants would be some of the very people he would be fighting against. Of course Muslims would have no problem with Jesus returning and fighting alongside of them, but the concept is completely incompatible with the Christian view of Jesus.

The reason its "completely incompatible with the Christian view of Jesus" is because christians believe that Jesus belongs to "christianity" while forgetting that even muslims await the same Jesus.

Looking at present day facts....
christianity supports anti-christian jewish Israel, over fellow believers in Jesus.
In other words, christianity is fornicating with an anti-christian entity.... i.e Jewish Israel.

Ironically, Christians support the jewish state that condemns Jesus, while condemning muslims who support Jesus. So it makes perfect sense to me that Jesus would return to fight alongside the "other" people who also await his coming....muslims.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The reason its "completely incompatible with the Christian view of Jesus" is because christians believe that Jesus belongs to "christianity" while forgetting that even muslims await the same Jesus.

"Same Jesus" is a bit of a stretch there. Christians and Muslims have VERY different views of who Jesus is/was.

As far as Christians are concerned, the Jews are the chosen people of God (though in the NT Jesus makes it very clear that simply being a descendant of Abraham is not enough for salvation) and should still be witnessed to and aided when possible. This is sometimes done out of a misunderstanding of the scripture concerning the help that Jesus commands to give to the "little ones" which some people interpret to mean Jews when in reality he is commanding help to any of the oppressed people. Those Jews who have rejected Christ will be condemned (Jesus and the NT as a whole repeat this over and over).

Muslims on the other hand had the scriptures (Old and New Testament) yet rejected the Jesus they saw in it and made up their own version of him. Both Christians and Muslims cannot have the correct understanding of who Jesus is, and so they are incompatible. Those Muslims who have also rejected Jesus as God incarnate will also be judged, just like the Jews who rejected him.

I guess the short answer to your hypothetical question is actually quite simple. IF it did happen, than the Muslims were right and the Christians were wrong. Christians would all be guilty of idolatry and Allah would send them all to Hell. So your hypothetical questions could have simply been stated as "What if the Muslims are right and the Christians are wrong?"

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

the book of revelation a Babylonian document?

john had his vision in an island of patmos.... at this time Babylon was a center for Jewish scholars.

not christian in origin?- it goes hand n hand with the book of Joshua and Daniel.
why world Christians need a reason Not to support rome, when they were already being fed to the lions?
who is feeding you this?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The God of Abraham covers 3 religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. As a Christian, I don't worry about how Jesus will be accepted when He returns. He will be undeniable. People that think one of these faiths will be pitted against the other, just don't get it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

IF it did happen, than the Muslims were right and the Christians were wrong. Christians would all be guilty of idolatry and Allah would send them all to Hell. So your hypothetical questions could have simply been stated as "What if the Muslims are right and the Christians are wrong?"

Christians would be pronounced guilty over supporting the people who HATE jesus over a people who love Jesus.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Jesus is not (C) and (tm) of christianity.

There must be a good reason why God raised up Islam.... a religion that also believes in Jesus.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Based on the assumption that God brought up Islam.
2nd line

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join