It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(To christians... ) So.... just hypothetically....what if Jesus returns... (Serious responses only p

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

God is not contained within christianity...like christians like to believe.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The concept of God is not limited to Christianity, but the Christian faith does not allow for any other viewpoint of God to be reality. The same can be said of Jewish and Muslim perspectives of God.

Either Jews are right, Christians are right, Muslims are right, or none of them are right. They are each exclusive, and their beliefs today cannot be intermingled without causing contradictions and conflict. Both Jews and Christians cannot be right, just as both Christians and Muslims can't be right nor can both Jews and Muslims be right.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

. . . not christian in origin?- it goes hand n hand with the book of Joshua and Daniel.

Daniel is not a Christian book, and it is Babylonian in origin.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

The concept of God is not limited to Christianity, but the Christian faith does not allow for any other viewpoint of God to be reality. The same can be said of Jewish and Muslim perspectives of God. Either Jews are right, Christians are right, Muslims are right, or none of them are right. They are each exclusive, and their beliefs today cannot be intermingled without causing contradictions and conflict. Both Jews and Christians cannot be right, just as both Christians and Muslims can't be right nor can both Jews and Muslims be right.

You see things in black and white...
The muslims and the jews believe they worship the same God.
Even jews admit that.

"Either Jews are right, Christians are right, Muslims are right, or none of them are right.
Both Jews and muslims are right in their perfect monotheism.
Both Muslims and chrisians are right in their acceptance of Jesus as he messiah who returns to kill the anti-christ.

Yet, you seek to cause division?
Interestingly, christians support the jews who are 100% opposed to Jesus Christ.... while demonizing another group of believers in Jesus... the muslims.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . not christian in origin?- it goes hand n hand with the book of Joshua and Daniel.

You have little to no understanding of the bible because you have been poisoned by your church's false teachings . The book of Daniel is like all other books of the bible given to us as an example of what to expect in the last days . The fact that Daniel took place when Neberrcadezzer took Jerusalem around 400 bc is the only paralell to your post. Daniel is one of the most important books we have for understanding the things to come when the king of Babylon returns AKA Satan . I read your non belief statements of the book of Revelation , so it is no great wonder you do not believe Daniel .

You just keep praying to yor saints and angels and Mary while listening to your pope and see how far that gets you when Christ returns. You are spiritually blind and deaf and your rumblings just confuse those who seek God . Judgement begins at the alter and this is your alter so keep doing Satan s work for him . You at this point have the mark of the beast in your head and in your hand doing his work . Repent and ask for guidance from the holy spirit not man aka your church's false teachings.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Let me try and clarify.

Jews believe that YHWH (Yahweh, often mispronounced Jehovah by non-Jews and uninformed Christians) is the true and only God. They reject Jesus as the coming Messiah and are still waiting for his coming.

Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah and that he is also God in the flesh, aka the son of God (a term that has lead many to the false understanding of God having sexual relations with Mary or some other being). Jesus is included in the Christian concept of the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) which both Jews and Muslims reject. Neither Jews nor Muslims would declare Jesus as God and therefor have a VERY FUNDAMENTAL difference in their understandings of God.

Muslims deny Jesus was God in the flesh and teach that he was only a prophet (although they revere him as a great prophet). In this way they are similar to Jews in their view of God, but the Jews vehemently deny Jesus and Mohammad as being prophets of God. The teachings about God's character and personality are also very different in Islam.

It should also be noted that while the name Allah is technically Arabic for "the God" and is used by Arabic speaking Jews, Christians and Muslims, the words "Allah Al-'ab" are used by Christians to speak of "God the Father" so they are not confused with Muslims. The name Allah was also one of the names of the gods worshiped by the pagans at Mecca. Allah was not considered the only deity but was one of many and was believed to have been the creator god as well as the one who sent the rain. some consider him to have been a tribal god. His symbol was the crescent moon, and after Mohammad finished his campaign and took over Mecca, Allah became the chief deity with all others being removed from Mecca. Of course the new religion also kept the previous name and symbol for their god, and declared that it was the same god that the Jews and Christians worshiped.

Edit: Surah 5 (see quran.com for multiple translations if you do not have your own or read Arabic) contains much about how the Muslims view Jesus. It also shows Mohammad's misunderstanding about the trinity as Surah 5 speaks of Christians regarding Mary as part of the Trinity, which they do not. Not only do Jews, Christians and Muslims have different concepts of God, but they misunderstand each others concepts about God as well.

edit on 18-3-2012 by Mykahel because: Surah 5

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I do believe in God and Jesus but I don't believe in religion. That said I would probably bake him a pie and hope for the best!
edit on 3/18/2012 by copperhead12 because: needed to say a little more.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

The book of Daniel is like all other books of the bible given to us as an example of what to expect in the last days.

Such as . . ?
God wins?
I don't think I need Daniel to tell me that.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

wow. the book of Daniel not Christian? how old are you bro?
and NO it is not of Babylonian origin, although it was written in Babylon.
everyone knows it is a strictly Jewish book.
that is like saying the new testament is of Greek origin.

i used to think that the hardest part of getting to know God was reading the bible. but i have came to realize many read but they lack understanding. some willfully. be blessed brother

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

. . . although it was written in Babylon.

Making it Babylonian in origin, like I said. So is Ezekiel.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

The book of Daniel is like all other books of the bible given to us as an example of what to expect in the last days.

Such as . . ?
God wins?
I don't think I need Daniel to tell me that.

If you deny God he will deny you , either you believe that God knows what he is doing or you can call him a liar by denying His books . I think God had enough fore sight to bring us the bible just as He wanted to .The bible is clear all scripture in the bible is inspired by God .

If you can not see the importance of the book of Daniel then you will be fooled by the Antichrist when he returns . The fact you deny books of the bible shows you to do his work already spreading Babbel ( babylon ) And confusion which are Satans trademarks .
edit on 19-3-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

The bible is clear all scripture in the bible is inspired by God .

That verse, 2 Timothy 3:16, is in a book which itself is a forgery, 2 Timothy.

The idea that a book is by God because someone said so is silly, and Daniel, if you notice, is not included in the Prophets, but under Miscellaneous.
edit on 19-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

The bible is clear all scripture in the bible is inspired by God .

That verse, 2 Timothy 3:16, is in a book which itself is a forgery, 2 Timothy.

The idea that a book is by God because someone said so is silly, and Daniel, if you notice, is not included in the Prophets, but under Miscellaneous.

That does not change the fact he was chosen by God to do his work . Nebercadezzer was chosen by God also and wrote part of Daniel. Cyrus the Mede was named 200 years before he was born to do the work of God , he wrote the decree to release the Jews , build the temple and even paid for most of it returning all the golden cups , tables and furniture for the temple .

I can see you won't change , all I can do is plant a seed you must make it grow and this will not happen until you unlearn all you have from your church and seek the holy spirit for guidance . Time is real real short , the locust army is swarming already and the three nations have already ceded their power to the beast . Not all wee meant to know and understand the riddle of the end times . Like it says in 2Thes. If they want to believe a lie , I will send them strong delusion . Good luck .

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

That does not change the fact he was chosen by God to do his work.

Do you realize that thanks to the deciphering to the Ugaritic texts, we now know that Daniel was a Canaanite mythological Character?
Also, analysis of the text of Daniel places its date of origin from the Hellenistic period. It seems to have shown up during the time of the Maccabean wars.

Like it says in 2Thes.
2 Thessalonians is also a forgery, not written by the Apostle Paul.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

www.specialtyinterests.net...

I do realize that Satan always works towards drawing the faithful from God , Daniel was quite real and there are numerous accounts of him in the chronically of Babylon where his name was Belteshazzar.

Again keep following your pope and his false teachings , cursed is the man who puts his faith in man.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

. . . Daniel was quite real and there are numerous accounts of him in the chronically of Babylon . . .

Can you quote any of that, or give citations?
It would be rather foolish of biblical scholars to insist that Daniel was written in Hellenistic times when there is evidence that Daniel was an actual person mentioned in the ancient Babylonian histories.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

. . . Daniel was quite real and there are numerous accounts of him in the chronically of Babylon . . .

Can you quote any of that, or give citations?
It would be rather foolish of biblical scholars to insist that Daniel was written in Hellenistic times when there is evidence that Daniel was an actual person mentioned in the ancient Babylonian histories.

www.specialtyinterests.net...

I apologize the above link has what you need , I posted it on my last reply but did not label it

You might want to look up he companions of Daniel aka Belteshazzar . Hananiah was given the Babylonian name Shadrach , Mishael became Meshach and Azariah became Abed - nego.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Azadok because: Add info

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

I posted it on my last reply but did not label it

You still haven't.
I read that earlier when you posted it before but somehow missed what it was you wanted to use to point out whatever your point is.
I just copied the entire page into a text file to run a word search for Belteshazzar and came up with zero results.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
...to be labelled and identified as a terrorist, insurgent, rebel etc.?

(First read these two quotes....

1. Quote 1...
"I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Matthew 10:34)

Ask yourselves honestly... will you simply dismiss this as being symbolic or metaporical? Do you think certain christian groups would not have brought this up in their arguments against a certain other prophet?

Jesus came in peace to save our souls the first time. When he comes again, not the harpazzo but after, he comes with his Father and too the Father's wrath upon all unrighteousness and the ungodly. Don't forget in John's vision the great multitude that comes out of great tribulation, tried and purified as by fire.

2. Quote 2...
"Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: `And he was numbered with the transgressors' ; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied. (Luke 22:35-38)

Note that jesus insisted that they buy a sword...and the disciples did not seem surprised upon hearing that, and simply replied that they have two.)

At the end of this quote we see Christ concede that two swords are enough for the purpose wherefore he spoke. Immediately in the verses after 38 Jesus and his disciples are in the garden where Jesus is to be betrayed. In the event, Peter cuts the ear off of a soldier. Jesus, rebuking Peter, heals the man's ear. Purpose fulfilled. Remember Jesus words in John 18:36 to Pilate when he said, "My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from here."

What if it was Mohammad whp said these words?

Apart from the blatant misrepresentation of Christs message by the op in the above, Muhammad is not Christ, did not live a sinless life, did not die for our sins, is not risen from the grave, AND the messages of the two as can be compared side by side are not synonymous. Contrary to popular secular argument, Christ didn't call his followers to fight with swords and weaponry. Ephesisans 6 is plain and clear.

ok now, imagine that we are futher in the end times have begun.
Imagine a scenario where current events have escalated. Pakistan has become the next major flashpoint....There suddenly appears a skilled guerilla warfare commander... who will be labelled by the MSM as an "islamist terrorist". He will be extremely religious. He will fight for his religious beliefs against a government/ruling authority that is far from religious. He would be portrayed in the media as a typical islamic extremist. Beard, turban, AK, RPG... the works.

And then... this character turns out to be none other than.... Jesus Christ.

How would you all react?

The representation of Christ as we see in the above is unsciptural. Jesus, being the Christ of God in power and glory, need only speak the Word and his will be done, such is the Sword of the Spirit. None of Christs sheep will be taking up arms to fight a Jihad. When Christ returns there is no more battle, only swift decisive victory. However, in the mean time the Holy Spirit is taken away from the World at the Harpazzo and real tribulation begins. Now the fight for Christians is martyrdom for faith, not war.

In as much however, Christ in Matthew 24:23 does warn us of this gorilla leader pseudo-Jesus the op writes about reading, "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. "

How to react? Don't believe it, it isn't Christ.

When Jesus returns? Faith is justified, Hope is complete, and we'll walk in God's presence forever

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
(double. please delete)
edit on 19-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join