It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Silver at $398.52 is Realistic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ok at first blush this looks preposterous, but once you understand that the Dollar is actually meant to go to zero, then it becomes much more likely. Personally, I believe that Silver will go to $1,000 in the next two years...but then I could be wrong.
www.bestmetalresearch.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
drastically wrong
but open minded

silvers real price should be
100-200

no more
no less

silver is the metal
this metal will unlock all

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

I try not to be so open minded that my brains leak out my ears. But consider this question: "If the Dollar goes to zero, how high will the metals go?"
Will this happen? beats me, but a hedge seems to be in order.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
$1,000/oz? Why not? Silver is infinitely more "intrinsically valuable" than any amount of our fiat currency. Our fiat currency has no real value. It is worth what the law says it is worth, if not for "legal tender" laws, it would have value only as a fire starting material. Seriously, you have to realize that our "money" is a farce. It is an illusion, a cruel hoax used solely to rob people of their lives. Yes I mean their very lives. You exchange the one thing you will never get back, time from your life for valueless scrip. Sit and consider that for a moment. Time, they really are not making anymore of that for us individually. We have our 70 years or so and that is it. When that is gone, you are gone. You sold your life, your existence for what?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I like the way you think.
Here's another thought... in 1985 the Zimbabwean Dollar was trading 1 for 1 against the US Dollar, now it's at least several Million ZD's to one US Dollar - I don't know exactly the amount. What happened? Could it happen here? Why couldn't it?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
with the paper fiat silver could be worth 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 x 10. So this artical is kind of dumb in the regards of valuing and comparing any comodity vs a paper fiat.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm not so great with economics but i've heard time and time again that they'd rather collect silver then gold. Why is it?

And above, what will silver unlock? How? Are there benefits, properties that the main population is unaware of? I know nano particles of silver will kill pretty much all bacteria but other then that i'm in the dark. I assume it has some good use I have no clue about but I also tend to think the same thing about gold.

What's it's use? Or is it the projected monetary value in the future that makes it so attractive?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That will make gold about $15,000oz

Not realistic.

because 50% of the worlds gold is used in Jewellery.

and

Silver as far as I am aware has never been worth more than gold in proportion

so

if it does get to your quoted amount,

we

are very , very doomed....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Our fiat currency has no real value. It is worth what the law says it is worth, if not for "legal tender" laws, it would have value only as a fire starting material.

Even with the "legal tender" laws, it's only value is for starting fires. If the US had a credit rating equal to the facts, that rating would be "F".

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Currently, the amount of above ground Gold is about 2.3 billion ounces. The amount of above ground Silver is stated to be about 1.3 billion ounces. So, just from this information alone Silver is nearly twice as scarce as Gold, it could also be deduced that the ratio between Gold and Silver (which is currently about 40 to 1) will continue to reduce. Porter Stansbury has stated that just to put the Dollar back on just 1/10 ounce Gold standard, Gold would have to go to a value of $10,000 an ounce. Go to youtu.be...
As always, do your own research and make your own decisions
edit on 9-5-2011 by redgreen because: correct address put in

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyson

Our fiat currency has no real value. It is worth what the law says it is worth, if not for "legal tender" laws, it would have value only as a fire starting material.

Even with the "legal tender" laws, it's only value is for starting fires. If the US had a credit rating equal to the facts, that rating would be "F".
Absolutely true. Now, how to convince the sheeple?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgreen
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I like the way you think.
Here's another thought... in 1985 the Zimbabwean Dollar was trading 1 for 1 against the US Dollar, now it's at least several Million ZD's to one US Dollar - I don't know exactly the amount. What happened? Could it happen here? Why couldn't it?
Not only could it happen, it definitely will happen if we maintain our current economic course. Look at every nation that has devalued it's currency as we have, Rome, Wiemar Republic, Argentina, and Zimbabwe just to name a very few. Wheelbarrows full of hundred dollar bills may soon be an everyday sight if we do not change.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If silver goes to $1000/oz, it's because the US dollar takes a pounding, and a loaf of bread or a gallon of gas end up costing $20.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was listening to WBZ 1030AM (Boston) and they were poo pooing silver and calling the people that invest in it crazy because it dropped this past week... Now it's coming back like a blood thirsty zombie... Why keep your money in a (negative) savings account... I've made like 30% on my silver.

WBZ what a bunch of MORONS!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
I was listening to WBZ 1030AM (Boston) and they were poo pooing silver and calling the people that invest in it crazy because it dropped this past week... Now it's coming back like a blood thirsty zombie... Why keep your money in a (negative) savings account... I've made like 30% on my silver.

WBZ what a bunch of MORONS!

Yeah, I'm sitting on a pile that's growing, too. My only regret is not being able to afford more of it. Every time I get enough to squirrel away, I buy some. Worst case scenario, you end up selling it for what you got it for so it already beats out most other investments.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyson

Absolutely true. Now, how to convince the sheeple?

Our people are being maintained in a vegetative state by large numbers of psy-ops complemented by propaganda. They will remain comatose until they are personally affected. After TPTB collapses our system, I'd bet that a violent revolution gets launched.

I'm gonna keep my head down while simultaneously praying TPTB get what they richly deserve.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Silver at $398.52....Not $398.51? This is a rather precise conjecture, no?
Why should any of us care if silver goes to $1000 an ounce. It's MOOT.

Oh but it's not. I see that this precise info is brought to us once again by Bestmetals. What appears to be a website promoting an objective view of the great value of silver and gold and then offering to sell silver and gold in its advertisements.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

Silver is used in electronics like mad - it is a super-conductor, and a lot of it winds up in landfills when appliances and other electronic/electic devices are discarded as rubbish.

It has more versatility than gold, and is going to be in greater demand as the world's playing field becomes more level.

Worldwide market demand for silver is growing, while supplies of silver are quickly disappearing. New high-tech uses for silver will further strain already-tight supplies in the future. World demand for silver now exceeds annual production and has every year since 1990, depleting above-ground stockpiles of silver. The U.S. government, once the largest stockpiler of silver on the planet, dumped billions and billions of ounces of silver onto the world market over the years, resulting in depressed silver prices. Today, that government silver hoard is gone, and now the U.S. government is a buyer of silver at prevailing world silver prices.

www.monex.com...

I started researching this and studying economics early in the year - there are loads of sites that will inform you about silver's uses, it's scarcity, the "fiat" ownership of it (i.e. this piece of paper or this data line says I have XX stock in silver) which is nowhere NEAR a realistic number, because if everyone took delivery today, well, there wouldn't be enough for everyone's "claim" on paper to be realized.

I am a complete noob in terms of economics and stock markets, but if the dollar is devalued a la Zimbabwe and dozens of other currencies throughout history - well, yeah,

the famous quote by Voltaire -

Voltaire (1694-1778), “Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value ---- zero.”

Our monetary system is no better than Parker Brothers': i.e. it's play money. All of the so-called "wealth" in the world, unless it is held in the form of physical commodities, is nothing more than 1s and 0s on a computer or ink on paper .

As long as people accept IOUs without knowing if the promiser has the goods to deliver when it's called in, or in fact, knowing that they DON'T (which the banks and government DON'T) - and think it's okay to then give those same fraudulent IOUs to someone else for their commodities and/or services, I guess it could keep going. But if there were a run on the banks - if everyone called in their notes, if everyone said "ok, I want this in my possession, not on my computer or in my financial statement. I want to touch it, hold it, count it, measure and weight it", well, um, ......

Chaos, friend. A whole lot of people with a whole lot of paper. Just paper.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

And your only answer is to buy lots of guns and food.
Instead of just going around making nasty noises you should actually do some research. For ONE..I DON'T SELL ANYTHING! You might have missed that.
But even if I did the dastardly act of Selling something...does that actually negate my opinion?
What I am trying to do is supply information to those who actually want to do the research...What are you doing here? I mean besides quibling about others....are you a govt troll? "Don't worry, everything's fine. Go back inside the burning building."
Here's a thought...if you don't like it....DON'T READ IT

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
By inflation-adjusted, silver price should be US$150 today. It's true that silver is much more used in industrial and commercial applications but there are powers in play that prevents such rise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join