It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Silver at $398.52 is Realistic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Ahhh, that makes sense. Silver would (atleast) then be useful for the wealthy people in the coming days because it is integral to their desired technology. In that way, people with silver could trade to the wealthy for whatever it is that makes them wealthy (i'm going with a currency, part of the global banking system that hasn't crashed at the time) Is this the reason?

I understand the fact we deal with play money, only thing holding it together is our (and our foreign counterparts) willingness to accept it. If we're able to get ahold of what "TPTB" may want we could be "rich" in physical commodities (ie, silver) and then in their paper or digital monetary system by selling off said commodity, right?

Gold must be one of the desired materials, I say this due to its global acknowledgement, but if i'm understanding right, the scarcity of silver makes it a very good potential investment, possibly better than gold?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

reply to post by redgreen

Silver at $398.52....Not $398.51? This is a rather precise conjecture, no?
Why should any of us care if silver goes to $1000 an ounce. It's MOOT.

Oh but it's not. I see that this precise info is brought to us once again by Bestmetals. What appears to be a website promoting an objective view of the great value of silver and gold and then offering to sell silver and gold in its advertisements.

And your only answer is to buy lots of guns and food.
Instead of just going around making nasty noises you should actually do some research. For ONE..I DON'T SELL ANYTHING! You might have missed that.
But even if I did the dastardly act of Selling something...does that actually negate my opinion?
What I am trying to do is supply information to those who actually want to do the research...What are you doing here? I mean besides quibling about others....are you a govt troll? "Don't worry, everything's fine. Go back inside the burning building."
Here's a thought...if you don't like it....DON'T READ IT

1...Did I mention guns and food? Don't think so.
2...Did I make nasty noises? Don't think so.
3...What research? To what end?
4...Did I suggest you were selling something? Don't think so.
5...Negate your opinion? What????
6...best metals is a most often used source for metal information, not much research needed here.
7... Did I quibble ? Don't think so. Just stating an opinion and we wouldn't want to negate opinions now would we?
8...Me a govt troll? Man just WHAT are you so pushed out of shape for.
9...burning building? As far as I'm concerned the building has already burned down to the ground and the price of silver is meaningless. It's moot.
10..How can I know I don't like it if I don't read it first?

When I read the title, I was intrigued by the precise suggestion of $398.51. Not a round number like say, $400 or even $398 but $398.51 not 50 or 52. It seemed odd so I read it only to find that it was another quote from best metals
They want to sell metal so they hype the future of metal . Simple as that.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Gee, you need to go back and read your other posts!
It's obvious you haven't read any of the articles. If you had you would have notice that I didn't write the article.
I write only occasional articles because I believe the readers want to read someone who is in the business full time and makes millions of Dollars compared to someone who runs a tiny blog and makes much much less.
Do you know what quibbling is?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgreen
reply to post by guessing

Currently, the amount of above ground Gold is about 2.3 billion ounces. The amount of above ground Silver is stated to be about 1.3 billion ounces. So, just from this information alone Silver is nearly twice as scarce as Gold, it could also be deduced that the ratio between Gold and Silver (which is currently about 40 to 1) will continue to reduce. Porter Stansbury has stated that just to put the Dollar back on just 1/10 ounce Gold standard, Gold would have to go to a value of $10,000 an ounce. Go to youtu.be...
As always, do your own research and make your own decisions
edit on 9-5-2011 by redgreen because: correct address put in

Not to mention that nearly all of the gold mined in history is still in existence, while silver is used up in industry and never recycled out of the waste in the way that gold is (due to the economic feasability of doing so.) Silver consumed and strewn through landfills will never be reclaimed, but the need and demand for silver in industry, as well as for investment, continues to grow. While the historic silver/gold ratio has nearly always been 16/1, there is a large argument to be made for that ratio to fall near even, or even see silver swap places with gold in the ratio.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgreen
Ok at first blush this looks preposterous, but once you understand that the Dollar is actually meant to go to zero, then it becomes much more likely. Personally, I believe that Silver will go to $1,000 in the next two years...but then I could be wrong.
www.bestmetalresearch.com...

Hmmmm. $1,000 an oz in the next two years. I like your optimism, but of course for silver to go that high a lot of other things would be happening that would not be so good.

I do think after this temporary downward correction, which some experts predicted would happen, we will once again see silver rise; how high in the next two years is unknown.

It would not surprise me however to see silver at $81.00 per oz or using a part of the OP's calculation ($81.52) ........got to love those precise based estimates
by the end of 2011.

It should be interesting to watch one way or the other.....

edit on 5/10/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why the US and China want a Cheaper Dollar

One question remained that no one would dare to ask: If there is no concern over rising silver prices and the falling dollar, why are precious metals, especially silver, soaring into new highs? Obviously, the plan to devalue the dollar had seen silver -- poor man's gold and a highly speculative market made up of mostly retail investors -- reach record heights. The weapon to combat this "bad inflation" would come not in the form of interest rate hikes to slow down the acceleration of the dollar decline, but through a series of margin rate increases which would cause a temporary shakeout of speculators. Raising the costs of owning silver began a quick de-leveraging by risky traders taking on too much risk at frothy levels. This has sent fear throughout the commodity sector. This correction should be short lived as strong hands will come in and silver will regain its footing and find support after the washout has concluded.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Gee, you need to go back and read your other posts!
It's obvious you haven't read any of the articles. If you had you would have notice that I didn't write the article.

Do you know what quibbling is?

What other posts? I responded once.
Articles? or Article. I saw one connected to your OP.

Who said you wrote the article? Not me. But now I see why you are under the impression that I have been attacking you. You thought I thought you wrote the article. Is that it? I Never thought that.

Quibbling. Isn't that a what those guys with the brooms do in a curling contest?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zookey

One question remained that no one would dare to ask: If there is no concern over rising silver prices and the falling dollar, why are precious metals, especially silver, soaring into new highs? Obviously, the plan to devalue the dollar had seen silver -- poor man's gold and a highly speculative market made up of mostly retail investors -- reach record heights. The weapon to combat this "bad inflation" would come not in the form of interest rate hikes to slow down the acceleration of the dollar decline, but through a series of margin rate increases which would cause a temporary shakeout of speculators. Raising the costs of owning silver began a quick de-leveraging by risky traders taking on too much risk at frothy levels. This has sent fear throughout the commodity sector. This correction should be short lived as strong hands will come in and silver will regain its footing and find support after the washout has concluded.

Silver having been the poor mans gold is speculated to increase in value as the OP and his research suggests.
Yes? The stronger hands you mention are not the poor men is it. It is richer men. Correct? It is the poor man who you suggest will be washed out. Which will make it no longer the poor mans metal. This is how I understand your post. Do I understand it as you meant it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join