It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Scrambles as Bin Laden Story Crumbles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Not often do you see 2 words with the -bles "suffix" in one phrase.

Of course it's all wrong. I don't think there is TRUTH to be found in any of this.
edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i am waiting for bin laden yo post new video from waqshington dc in front of white house laughing saying can't catch me heh heh he. way i see it no body no pictures it didn't happen. who is to say this wasn't a dea mission going after a notorious heroin cartel?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11

It matters not if this is intentional or otherwise. It does not matter if it is the truth or a fabrication. The reckless actions of our "leaders" will not lead down whatever road they wished it would. It will only lead to an uncertain future fully devoid of contrition and any hint of sympathy or compassion for the national tragedy we endured to bring us here in the first place.

And as much as they put on...ceremonies and such, over the tragedy of 9/11 its a slap in the face as
they carry on with the trashing of our rights with the never ending parade of "terrorism".

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Bin Laden Bin Dead'!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by sprtpilot

In addition, there was nothing gained by this event. So there is no logical reason to assume it to be fake.

Assume it is real until factual evidence says otherwise.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Nothing gained???
Obama's popularity amongst Americans sky-rocketed after he announced this... and just around the corner from elections... everyone in the upper levels of administration of American govt. and defense dept. is saying " this is the greatest thing any president has ever done".... it is such a beat up.

and secondly.... assume it is fake until factual evidence says otherwise would be a more appropriate term or saying.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Thanks for your insight, and comments!

All that and he did not mock up the waterboarding huh?

Funny how they now claim that they used the info they obtained from detainees through
waterboarding technique.

And the media used to cry over it when Bush did it. Yeah right, a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

S & F

Very quickly, I just want to say that this article makes so much sense and should be circulated EVERYWHERE.

I'd like to see other journalists or other MSM stations/sites use their critical thinking and pose logical, relevant questions

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Edgecrusher26

5%? Is that really a massive gain? The American people will forget this by the elections. If he wanted it for political power, then he'd hold off till elections. Why would you do this a full year before the elections? Nonsensical.

And yea, no. That's really just not wise to do. When it comes to military operations, assume true until proven false. because the military does things to end things, not the create things.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

want al qaeda to cool down...u.s has 2 make some simple moves....leave the middle east alone...simple right...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The gain Obama got, yes small and probably wont last.

I picked up on that right away....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If we believe the "official story" about OBL killing, it just happened and it all went down
just like they said.

I am not buying that...to many things dont make sense...
In fact, the majority of people are not buying it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I believe that they killed him.

However, there are problems in the "official" story. Here is a good one, so simple. Go to the wiki on Bin Laden. His death is listed as May 2.

They announced it May 2. Did it HAPPEN May 2?

They announced it Sunday night May 1.

I do have to ask why you strongly believe that they killed him, if so much of the story is changed almost on an hourly basis, and does not add up with our moral code (killing an unarmed POW), scientific advances (DNA lab aboard a helicopter that took an extremely short time for testing and results) & time and logistics (trip to sea was over 1k miles from assasination site)

not to mention that we had an Islamic cleric aboard the ship providing funeral rites for the (supposedly) number one world enemy?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I know about 20 people that were in tower 2. I have spoken to most of them, and even they are already more or less done with this story and just want to move on. think about that. they were at work, in the tower when the planes hit, and they are already moving on to talking about gas prices and jobs again

why then do the CE's want to keep the story alive so desperately ?

What do your acquaintances say about building 7?

Just asking...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Daily Mail photo of the alleged passport of Osama bin Laden's wife is clearly a Photoshop job:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Notice the white line around the pasted-in image of the finger and thumb?

Full story and list of anomalies in the photograph at:
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by burntheships

I don't think the date has been identified whatsoever. At best May 1 this side of Greenwich. May 2 - 20 hours before burial at sea. But they also had some early dna tests done, which since they were matching off his sister may put the date back further.

As far as I can find, a date hasn't been identified.

If the President came on live tv on Sunday night May 1 2011 and stated that "Today, Navy Seals killed OBL", then what is the confusion about the date?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Have they made it so confusing on purpose...obfuscate the matter as a grand tactic?

I believe that actually is a tactic used to cover your tracks when lying about something. Throw out a bunch of versions and contradictions, and nobody will know how to find the truth.
But it doesn't really matter because the general American public will believe anything the MSM tells them, and whoever questions the MSM is labeled as a crazy conspiracy theorist.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

sometimes i wish i was in south america or europe, where no body even thinks about terror and al qaeda and are at much more peace.

I must correct you - they are as paranoid over AQ here as in the US.

We dealt with the IRA for years and just got on with it, but because AQ hit the US we have to be as mindless as the US in dealing with it.I feel quite sorry for you guys.

The IRA are a far bigger threat, yet they hardly get a mention.
AQ should be consigned to the dustbin of history.
edit on 7-5-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Watts, not all of us were fine with it.

We rallied against the wars, we protested the lies, we cried for him to be indicted and impeached.

The media was just as good as ignoring and covering us up then as they are now. The anti-war rallies actually outsized anything in the Vietnam era. Did you hear anything about that, though?

I had just as many problems with W. as I do with O. And unfortunately, it's still mainly on the same issues.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Maybe we're all hoping the Government just fails completely and we can stop having that little nuisance around.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Nowhere in most outlets are there reports of the riots going on in London with radical Muslims protesting OBLs death in front of the US Embassy.

We are so weak to deal with these people, for fear of being labelled racists or whatever.

Meanwhile, some British guy tweets out of frustration that he will blow up an airport if they don't clear the runway of snow so he can get his flight is being prosecuted under the Terrorism Act for threatening an airport!
edit on 7-5-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'll say this once. The key term in Obama's official address was "actionable intelligence". If it was clearly actionable intel that led to this op being given the go ahead. Given the said objective. Then there should not be this level of Misconstrued information being reported. The rest of this event speaks for itself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join