It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Scrambles as Bin Laden Story Crumbles

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Good point. Until they say the Kettle is black. The Kettle is white. So on and so forth...

Nah mate, they'd call you a tin foil hat wearing fool for even thinking there ever *was* a kettle, let alone a white or black one.

All this kettle business is in your paranoid mind, and all you're doing is looking for sources that say there is a kettle, while ignoring other sources that say there isn't one!

Sound familiar?

edit on 7/5/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The new video clips are of the rare "right handed" bin Laden. These will make a nice bookend addition to your clips of "left handed" bin Laden.

The collection is one of the best illustrations around of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Enjoy.
edit on 7-5-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Gorman91

The gain Obama got, yes small and probably wont last.

I picked up on that right away....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If we believe the "official story" about OBL killing, it just happened and it all went down
just like they said.

I am not buying that...to many things dont make sense...
In fact, the majority of people are not buying it.

IMO the smell seems to be coming from Pakistan its really a strong smell I might add ..

It well known that India hates the Paki's and not that has anything to do with it but, seeing as though the Pakistan has given secret info via CIA from certain Pakistani individuals in this mission to kill OBL

... I think it could be that We the US wants more ground privileges for our troops and this attempt or agreement behind closed doors with Pakistan isn’t going very well .. take notice that ift we threaten we will cut off the aid to the Pakistani's came soon after OBL’s death ..hmmm they have to make it look good to the worked for it to fly ..

Do you get what I mean ?? another words we are pressuring the Pakistan Gov or laying out a deal so to speak to let us do what we want inside their country. We wont cut you off as long as you shut up and let us do our thing.. So far it seems to have been gif going rather well .. And really right from the beginning of this whole raid and afterwards the Pakistani Gov really didn’t complain too much and this is what I had said before a couple of days ago.. Now that makes sense to me .. After all they been hiding OBL out for over 6 years that’s if in fact this whole thing about him really being dead is true ..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I'm sitting here wondering where these 'contradictions' are and what they may be.

Mate, are you living in a cave?

Have you read any of the media reports, and seen/heard the Revisions, Alterations?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52

Originally posted by burntheships

The gain Obama got, yes small and probably wont last.

I picked up on that right away....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If we believe the "official story" about OBL killing, it just happened and it all went down
just like they said.

I am not buying that...to many things dont make sense...
In fact, the majority of people are not buying it.

IMO the smell seems to be coming from Pakistan its really a strong smell I might add ..

It well known that India hates the Paki's and not that has anything to do with it but, seeing as though the Pakistan has given secret info via CIA from certain Pakistani individuals in this mission to kill OBL

... I think it could be that We the US wants more ground privileges for our troops and this attempt or agreement behind closed doors with Pakistan isn’t going very well .. take notice that ift we threaten we will cut off the aid to the Pakistani's came soon after OBL’s death ..hmmm they have to make it look good to the worked for it to fly ..

Do you get what I mean ??

Oh yeah, I do, and did we not just give the Pakistanis something in the order of 2 million dollars?
Do you remember that just months ago?

After all they been hiding OBL out for over 6 years that’s if in fact this whole thing about him really being dead is true ..

Yeah. He is a legend.
edit on 7-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camus
Guys, have you thought about the stuff Osama could have exposed, if he were captured alive.

IF? Thats why they wouldnt let him stand trial. No doubt. But since the revelation that he was dragged down three flights of stairs, across the courtyard to the helicopter THEN shot...............what makes you think he wasnt captured alive?

Why go through all that to kill him, when he could have been killed in the building?

It sure explains the need to make sure no one saw the body............if its still breathing.

And to Burntheships,

It was an interesting video. But one thing the Bush aide didnt count on is that once you know you are watching a movie, it becomes pretty easy for some, perhaps not all, to figure out whats going to happen next based on what is going on in the plot now. Its just not that easy in this day and age to write a real surprise ending any more.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Most people are buying it, considering most people approved of the action. I fail to see what these "so man" things are that do not add up. Elaborate.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

That's exactly what I have been thinking. If you take all of the mis-leading and/or confusing stories... the concern about skeptics, or as the MSM says "Conspiracy Theorists." It's like a dog chasing it's tail.

I haven't been very active in responding to OBL threads because of this. I really feel as though they want us to talk about everything as it changes in order to keep our eyes away from the ball. The ol' slight of hand technique.

Totally agree, plus we were at the bottom of the story when everyone else was just starting to dig. I already accepted that they basically massacred his couriers and Bin Laden. I'm sure they wern't the best of people and should have been giving a trial, but in the long run does any of this matter? The U.S. kills civilians every other day. I'd rather pay attention to Greece possibly moving out of the Euro zone and the ridiculous weather of late.

I have not been party in many Bin Laden threads either, I am actually an intermediate magician and know sleight of hand when I see it

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don know but the Media is taking a beating for all of this too have to laugh but their ratings are still the same lolbut its true I did hear them referring some things as propaganda though. DIane Sawyer sems to be keepinng it well fueled and so has the tabloids jurnalists and such they are making money on this crap lol

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

I fail to see what these "so man" things are that do not add up. Elaborate.

Starters :

Consider:

We were told that bin Laden was buried at sea for two reasons: a) other countries wouldn't take him, and b) it was our soldier's intention to follow strict Islamic law with regards to the burial; dont want his burial place made a shrine.

But we are not given any evidence whatsoever that either statement is true. I'd like to know how many other Muslims killed in these wars were privileged with burials sensitive to their religious beliefs?

No pictures, no video. Nothing.

We were told that Osama used a woman for a shield. Now we are told that the woman who was killed was not used as a shield whatsoever. I thought there was video footage of this whole battle?

How can they get it wrong?
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Do keep us posted, thanks!

I found this story you might be very interested in, an ongoing compilation
of the Reasons to Doubt The Official Story, and they are asking for contributions.

Reasons to doubt official Bin Laden death story (please contribute)

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well as for me the man is as dead as the stones in my garden! and probably someone will say in the near future, I saw Bin laden somewhere deep in the forests of south America playing cards with with Hitler and And Saddam hoessein .

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

"Have they made it so confusing on purpose...obfuscate the matter as a grand tactic?"

That's what it seems like!

I know,the hardest part is acceptance.There is always that chance that maybe..just maybe..we're being paranoid.

If you lived in Afghanistan,you wouldn't be able to sleep for a second because you would be to busy being "paranoid" knowing you could be killed at any second!

Most people would rather turn a blind eye because they're life's not so bad compared to theirs.

A lot of people won't believe the rulers of their own country could do such things!It doesn't fit into their perspective of reality.They have been taught all their lives that the government is there to protect them!...From WHO??When was the last time you seen a terrorist in your neighborhood..And if anything happens in my neighborhood I'll know why!We have a neighborhood watch with video cams ready!lol

Seriously though!

IF we don't see a full view of Bin Laden's face then, how can we believe it?

Oh and..

"The war on terrorism will never be over"-George Bush

How does he know that?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I would like to add that not only do many people such as myself agree with you that Obama's poll bump will be forgotten by the elections, I personally suspect the ineptitude of the fiasco will hurt him so badly in the end that he may not even get to finish running again. although a distant possibility, Obama could have steeped far enough over international laws that there is no recourse but to investigate. Once world courts get involved, Obama will either have to come clean on several of his misleading and untruthful claims, lie some more and get caught, or completely blow the international system off the way he does our own here in the states. If that happens, what kind of rotten apple are we going to be forced to eat then? Defiance in the face of American citizens is so common the majority ignore it, but that attitude in a world court may somehow get him a "pass" but the damage will be irreparable. For him and for us.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well for your first part, the honest fact is normal folk don't matter. It's that simple. The US army is not going to give a damn about his dead guard from the local opium farms. They are going to care about the leader of an entire organization with a thousand operatives. That's the simple facts. Osama matters. The dead men around him do not. I honestly wouldn't want proof. I don't see why the US army would have a reason to lie. To tell the truth, I trust the army a lot more than the government. I trust the army a helluva lot more than conspiracy theories. I trust the army infinite more so then your suspicions. Like I said. The army does things. The army ends things. The army doesn't waste its time with lies and bull crap. And when some dumbarse tries to, the army is self managing enough to show them to the light. You can point out a lot of controversies, but they are always short lived. Nothing the army hides lasts for very long. It's own nature inevitably outs all wrongs. This is why we very often hear of century or half-century old conspiracies and lies from the government being uncovered, but only very rarely such long for army matters. Very simply put, the army keeps secrets, but it certainly does not last very long if those secrets are evil. The military men that run the army simply don't have it in them to keep secrets for that long, unlike our lovely politicians. I'd honestly trust the army to fix the government faster than the government could. Call me a brown shirt, I don't care.

How could they get it so wrong? You are assuming the news was right in the first place. Again, I trust the army far more than anyone else. Just because the media is retarded, does not mean the army is at fault. The army inevitably leaks the truth, and a hell of a lot more faster than the government. Exceptions being aliens if anything, but I trust they have their reasons.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

As I stated, the army will leak the truth eventually, and a lot faster than the government. If the government did ills, the army will speak. But to be honest, I do not think this operation was mismanaged.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I really don't know whats happening,its all so bizarre.

Today on CNN they are saying that Bin Laden had NO internet connection yet why would he have 5 computers with no internet????....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Occam's Razor: the simplest theory is the correct one.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Most of what you said I agree with. This operation was not carried out by The Army,
however...it was the Navy Seals, and the CIA. So we are told...I have no reason to doubt that part.

The rest can be explained by the many body doubles of Osama bin Laden.

Still leaveing many contradictions, alterations, and corrections.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

I like that approach.

It can separate two theories that make the same predictions, but does not rule out other theories that might make a different prediction.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join