It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Really? Have you talked to those people yourself? Also to say all cops cover for each other is a lie. Not all cops like each other. Just to let you know.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ex-cop here

Definitely not liberal.

Cop went way overboard.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
You'll notice the people sticking up for the guy are Cops themselves 9/10 times.......

Read my post dude, I have no love for the 5-0 but I think in this situation it's being blow out of proportion by the media spin.

link   

Originally posted by Marked One
reply to post by Liquesence

She wasn't just disobeying verbal commands. She also assaulted two people. Try to keep up, genius.

So that justifies the cop slamming her into a concrete wall as she's walking away when she is not a threat to him and when there are other less violent methods for a professional officer to use to subdue a 15 yo teenage girl?

Try to pay attention to the up to date discussion, please.

link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Its not about if she was right or wrong. The Police are there to protect and serve.Thats me and you,and everyone else. I posted a link to a site that shows how deep the corruption goes on a daily basis. Its as rampant as the drugdealer on the corner. The problem is they police themselves,and dont do a good job of it. They PROTECT themselves,even when they see one of their own crossing the line. Please show me the difference where this gang,is different then an illegal one? Why didnt the other officer arrest this one?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Was his momentum running into the girl made worse by his left foot hitting the curb and almost tripping him as he came up onto the sidewalk? In her state a heavy wind would have knocked her down, with the cop going full speed and losing his balance no wonder it looks so bad.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What less violent methods do you propose?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarver

All he had to do was reach out and grab her arm. He went WAY overboard.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
A parent would be charged with child abuse if they did that to one of their children in their own home.

There needs to be citizen review boards of LEO infractions of abuse because internal affairs just sweeps it under the rug. The citizens/taxpayers pay the salary of the LEOs and they should have a say in who get to work for the taxpayers and they should be subject to the same laws as taxpayers. LEOs are above the law and they know it.

Law enforcement could gain back a lot of respect if there were citizen review boards instead of just the "blue code"

My gf tends bar in a cop bar and they refer to citizens as "pukes" and they don't tip.

edit on 6-5-2011 by whaaa because: code 5

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by Marked One

www.crisisprevention.com...

A lot of that was taught to us in the academy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If I would have been there, damn right I would be in jail for assaulting a cop. I would have ran right up behind him and would've done the same thing. Then maybe give him an extra boot or two just for doing that to a minor female.

also just to add, I was in law enforcement once. and ya, that is a standard technique to use, but............ not on a minor female. Lots of other techniques you could use to make the ordeal less violent. The situation was under control, but Mr. Big Pig has to come up from her blind side, and knock her down like a bowling pin. I gotta stop now. rough day, and this police state crap gets me alllll fired up. I've seen boys in blue show up to worse scenarios than that and still stand around with a thumb up their @$$, and do nothing.
edit on 6/5/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm shocked at the lack of compassion those men in uniform have been acting toward members of the public. The cop could have just grabbed the girl's arm instead of pinning her to the wall and ground.

Is that what the government taught all cops at the academy? Apparently, the law has turned all security staffs into worse than animals.

edit on 5/6/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Xcathdra mentioned a while ago that the officer perceived she may have had a weapon. Because of how she had her hands.

(Even though I'm not a cop. I work as a security-officer. I know how these things work.)

link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

NWA was right.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What less violent methods do you propose?

He could have offered her a beer, and when she accepted, slapped the cuffs on her. *sarcasm*

Seriously, do you really think his actions were the only appropriate method at subduing her?

He could have approached her, grabbed her wrists, cuffed her (since he is a worked-out, muscled, trained, MALE officer of the law). He even could have pepper sprayed her. He could have done a LOT of things BESIDES SLAM HER INTO A CONCRETE WALL as she was walking away and had her back to him.

I think i said i was through with thread several posts ago, but i think someone opened up the pen....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

So she had a weapon so lets get in real close proximity. This is beyond stupid.

link   
reply to post by michial

uhm.... ok

I do just fine in my community, and they talk to me about problems all the time... But thanks for the riveting example of what not to do when dealing with people with weapons. Just because he lucked out and was not shot and killed, doesnt mean he knows the people in the community.

If we used that standard, that he should know the community, then he should have know the guy who was shot was an alcoholic and was abusing his family. The simple fact he didnt know, shows that even when you "think" you know a person, its not always accurate.

If I were his supervisor, I wouldhave suspended him for placing himself and others in danger by not having his sidearm ready.

I will try to find the video, but it is exactly what you are describing. An Officer is involved in a pursuit with one of the local kids. They know each other and have a history.. The end result is always the same, the kid gives up and goes to jail.

In this instance, the kid gets his vehicle stuck, officer approaches the window and pepper sprays the kid. The kid pulls a gun and shoots and kills the officer.

They knew each other...
edit on 6-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by origamiandurbanism

Well she didn't break her neck now did she?

So it's OK what he did, then?

The police are supposed to serve and protect, they are trained and are expected to act in a professional and respectful way. What this police officer did went way out of the bounds of that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Lemon,since your an ex-officer,I have a question. Do you believe that these officers that subject themselves onto the common citizens,in violent means,are overworked,seen too much,etc.....Or do you believe they are bad apples. I personally believe they are being overworked,and not trained in how to deal with the daily struggles of police life.MHO the one thing i do believe is this though....They protect their own.......unfortunately,and this case in particular. The other officer should have arrested this one.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

She assaulted a teacher . . . who is not allowed to defend themselves.

She assaulted a student . . . who is not allowed to defend themselves.

And she was drunk off her ass.

What I would have done (and yes, I have done this before . . . many times actually.):

Ask her to stop and come back.

Tell her to stop and come back.

Run in front of her, block her path, and try to reason.

If she tries to muscle by or starts getting violent, her arms will be coming out to fight.

Grab her arm, wrist lock, cuffs.

Off to the unit.

Nice and simple.

Respect and words . . . and RESPECT work wonders.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join