It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
A parent would be charged with child abuse if they did that to one of their children in their own home.

There needs to be citizen review boards of LEO infractions of abuse because internal affairs just sweeps it under the rug. The citizens/taxpayers pay that salary of the LEOs and they should have a say in who get to work for the taxpayers and if they should be subject to the same laws as taxpayers. LEOs are above the law and they know it.

My gf tends bar in a cop bar and they refer to citizens as "pukes" and they don't tip.

edit on 6-5-2011 by whaaa because: code 6

Could not agree more. There obviously needs to be an independent review board or some sort of independent mediator when it comes to these infractions and incidents. It's been shown time and again that there is hardly any accountability coming from the police force other than to say the police officer acted correctly.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

His excuse to slam her. She had a weapon,or could have. As she walked away from them. Hmmmmmmmm.....Sorry,not buying that assumption.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Have any of you professionals out there, or the big mouths who think this was alright to do heard of the USE OF FORCE LADDER? There are rungs to this ladder, I was taught that you use force only slightly higher than your opponent is using to control the situation. This is for all you know it alls out there who think that this was justified. Get a clue there sheeple, this is pure police state crap. I learned this method back in 98, and guess what............It works...
You people should pull your heads out and think of using control on the job. www.ehow.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

yep thats just mental. loooks like that old lady is polishing the cops shoes also hahah. savage!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism

Originally posted by whaaa
A parent would be charged with child abuse if they did that to one of their children in their own home.

There needs to be citizen review boards of LEO infractions of abuse because internal affairs just sweeps it under the rug. The citizens/taxpayers pay that salary of the LEOs and they should have a say in who get to work for the taxpayers and if they should be subject to the same laws as taxpayers. LEOs are above the law and they know it.

My gf tends bar in a cop bar and they refer to citizens as "pukes" and they don't tip.

edit on 6-5-2011 by whaaa because: code 6

Could not agree more. There obviously needs to be an independent review board or some sort of independent mediator when it comes to these infractions and incidents. It's been shown time and again that there is hardly any accountability coming from the police force other than to say the police officer acted correctly.

Which is what we see from the apologists and those that worship the authority figures, because they hope to be one someday and bully others to make up for their insecurities. Can you feel the boot on your neck? I can!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

just as well she dont live in victoria they prolly would have shot her lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Definitely excessive use of force! Some of these officers act like they're above the law. If you can't take a women into custody without sneaking up on her and plowing her over, you shouldn't be a police officer. This girl didn't turn around and threaten this officer or position herself in a threatening way. Some of these officers have ego issues. They think they're all tough guys because they carry a gun and put a blue uniform on with a badge.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

His excuse to slam her. She had a weapon,or could have. As she walked away from them. Hmmmmmmmm.....Sorry,not buying that assumption.

Precisely....

If the LEO had of thought she had a weapon, he would have reacted completely different according to protocol. His ego was bruised and he wanted to hurt some one and unfortunately it was a 15 year old drunk. I think as other have surmised that steroids played a large part in his aggressiveness.
edit on 6-5-2011 by whaaa because: code 7

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Realms

The defitinon of resisting arrest will vary from state to state. Resiting arrest can also be an officer telling a person to stop, and the person refuses to comply.

Apparently in Phoenix Arizona its a bit more loosely worded -
Phoenix, Arizona, Code of Ordinances >> PART II - THE CODE >> Chapter 23 - MORALS AND CONDUCT >> ARTICLE II. - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC SAFETY >> DIVISION 1. - INTERFERING WITH POLICE FUNCTIONS

Any person who shall knowingly or willfully obstruct, resist or oppose any policeman or other officer of the City authorized to make arrests, in serving or attempting to serve any lawful process or order of the City magistrate or of any court of the City, or in the performance of any official duty, or who shall assault or beat any such officer or person duly authorized, when serving or executing, or attempting to serve or execute, or because of having served or executed, or attempted to serve or execute, any order or process of official duty, or when engaged in the performance of any official duty, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

If the officer told her to stop, and she refused, she is resisting / obstructing an arrest in Phoenix.

and again, not siding with the police, jsut pointing out their ordinance. Also, as I pointed out in the last page, the video we are watching is a wide view that shows the actions of both the female, and the cop. Move the camera angle to either one of those people and you cant see what the other peson is doing.

The cop is coming up behind her, she turns partly around, and all you see are hands moving around towards her front again. It could have been perceived as a threat by the officer, not knowing if she had a weapon or not.
As far as other officers commenting on the video, I remind people its what the officer perceived the moment the use of force occured, not 20/20 hindsight.

Has anyone found any information that shows any type of complaint was filed by the female or her parents / guardians agains the officer / department? Ive been looking and am not finding anything from that side of things.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Come on mate, she's a 15 year old girl. Not to mention pissed out of her brain. The girls were obviously fighting, and the teachers couldn't break it up due to the no touching policy. That cop absolutely NAILED that girl and knocked her out cold, all because she was walking away. What a sick POS. We need to remember she's only 15, and it would have been obvious to the cop. I reckon they should throw the book at him, aggrivated assault of a minor, the works.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What if it had been a boy and his father instead, with everything else the same? Would people be as upset if it were a boy?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

wtf is this ??? this guy couldve easily crack this girls head open !!
I wouldve have taken that cop for the clothes on his back!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Lemon,since your an ex-officer,I have a question. Do you believe that these officers that subject themselves onto the common citizens,in violent means,are overworked,seen too much,etc.....Or do you believe they are bad apples.

No. Not overworked by a long shot. It is actually quite fun, and the adrenaline rushes get you through the long hours.

Some days are a PITA, others are slow as all hell.

I know this . . . from the officers that I personally know (at least 100 of them), I would say that about 80% of them are on power trips. The way I like to put it is that it seems like they were the kids that were picked on in high school.

Another thing is that the academies, especially for the bigger cities (and state troopers) teach you basically that EVERYONE is a threat. Trust no one. You are on your own out there, etc. etc. So it is taught from the beginning of training that you must take absolute control over every situation no matter the cost.

This translates into the use of force continuum. That is generally along the lines of progressing through physical presence, verbal, soft contact, chemical, hard contact, non-lethal (baton, taser, bean bags, etc), lethal.

If control can't be gained from just your presence, you escalate to talking the person down. If that does not work, you try and coerce them with arm bars, wrist locks, etc. Up the ladder we go, all the way to shooting them.

I personally believe they are being overworked,and not trained in how to deal with the daily struggles of police life.

On the point of dealing with struggles . . . kind of. You are taught a lot of book work in the Academy. In the mandatory training classes, you are taught a whole mess of things that look good on paper, but don't translate well to the real world. It is just bureaucrats sticking their noses into something that they do not know.

Most departments have a 6 month to 1 year probation period for officers. During this time they are trained in street smarts. The problem is that their trainers are power trippers who were trained by power trippers, who were trained. . . . you get the idea. It is a never ending cycle. People just teach how and what they were taught.

IMHO the one thing i do believe is this though....They protect their own.......unfortunately,and this case in particular. The other officer should have arrested this one.

Yes, generally they do. Unless you are not part of the majority. If you speak out or complain, you are effectually black balled.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I refuse to argue with you. You are indoctrinated. No, my Dad had no superviser and he definitelty didn't need one. I worked in the same community as a responder/radio operator for a while and while you now are beginning to annoy me I will still respond that yes times are now different yet they still demand the same approach to reality. When confronted by an unexpected situation the first responce should not be violence but immediate observation. I am not the one to have this conversation with and I am not sure my Dad wants to share anymore. He recently gave me his opinion on what happened in the RCMP shootings in Northern Alberta. If you really want to persue this PM me and I will ask him if he wants to communicate. He would have been the one to shoot first if necessary and under extraneous circumstances. By the way He was also a Correctional officer with several qualifications. I in no way intended to ruffle your feathers and as I said things are different now and see it in my local community. What you have to take into account is the people around you that are part of your community and how that can help you to protect them.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
OK,. Yes the cop was too aggressive. and should be suspended.
But,.
the girl in this vid is not innocent either,.
15 and drunk?
fighting with someone outside a public place in the middle of the day... Drunk..
She deserves no sympathy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Indeed.

You always assume someone is armed. That is why you stand in a certain stance, always have your hand on your weapon, etc.

If that were not the case, police could just go randomly tackle anyone into a wall.

"Hey! Stop! You jay walked!"

*officer tackles jay walker to protect the suspect, the officer, and the general public from the jay walker who MIGHT have had a weapon.*

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Thank you for the insight.

I guess i wasn't far of on my assumptions then. Sad days we live in. I want "peace officers",not police state.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by michial

Your father is an honorable man and a real peace officer.

Reading your stuff, he sounds like me when I was an officer. I know he will tell you (or has told you) that respect and treating other how one wishes to be treated will go a long way . . . and is a hell of a lot easier too.

It actually works, if only more cops would actually try it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thank you for your responses Lemon.Fresh, it's nice to see someone with a LE background that has common sense.

2nd line says, "Glad tomorrow is going to be sunny and nice"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
OK,. Yes the cop was too aggressive. and should be suspended.
But,.
the girl in this vid is not innocent either,.

No one said she was innocent.

SHe should get whatever charges are filed on her before the cops got there.

15 and drunk?
fighting with someone outside a public place in the middle of the day... Drunk..
She deserves no sympathy.

Actually, she does. The officer skipped several steps in the force continuum. That is wrong.

Was she wrong in what she did? Absolutely.

Was the officer wrong in his handling of the situation? Absolutely.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Just from observing the video, its entirely possible this might be a perception problem

I think you've got a perception problem. Every police brutality video that gets posted on the Net, no matter how blatantly obvious the brutality is, someone has to provide some lame-butt excuse for it. When they start summary executions they’ll still be comin around saying, “They all should have kneeled on the ground faster.”

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join