It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

hey guess what it doesnt matter what he "thought" she was doin its a freakin kid nuff said

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
and yets these types of cops never get any sort of punishment. Police state here we come

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
1. The police officer seems from this video (none of us have all the details) to use excessive force.

2. When your removed from school for drinking and serving alcohol to other minors, assaulting a teacher, assaulting your mother and then when police show up you refuse to follow directions and walk away I guess you open yourself to this type of reaction.

Personally I think a taser would have been in order.

Yeah many police officers have no respect for the people they police but on the other hand kids today have no respect for any authority.

I had a 10 year old kick where I work tell me to go F myself.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

You are making the mistake of thinking that the officer even stopped to think. He just reaceted (In my opinion) to a situation of perceived disrespect in a violent manner. He had already spoken to the other person fighting and other wtnesses. It must have been very obvious to him what the situation was.

If it was not then he needs further training.

All your hypothetical situations are irrelivent - every situation is unique.

Which goes back to what ive been saying all along. Its what the officer perceived at the exact moment he used force. I have stated this since the begining, and have been providing the infomation people need to adequately view the encounter from the eyes of those people who will be reviewing it.

The simple fact that this is just now sinking in gives me hope other might get it as well..

Everything we are seeing and thinking, is a hypothetical in our own minds, and do not apply to the situation at hand. What you think went through the officers mind is no more releveant than what I think the female sudent was doing with her hands.

We are observers, seeing the entire incident from start to finsish with all of the background information as to what occured before the cps arrived, to the knowledge she was intoxicated.

Not one person on scene had all of that information, even the cop, which is why its incumbent on him to justify his use of force, not anyone else.

Its up to his command staff to review that decision based on departmental policy state and federal law, not anyone else.

Its totality of circumstances - What did that particular officer percieve at the exact moment he made the decision to lay hands on the female.

Nothing else we have to say on the incident matters... at all.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

hey guess what it doesnt matter what he "thought" she was doin its a freakin kid nuff said

I guess when you think you have won your just going to flash a big V for victory sign so we all know?

Read my post above.. Its not relevant to what the girl thought at the time. Not sure how else to explain this to you guys. Quit allowing your emotions to shape your response and actually use the same standards that the law uses, which is whats used on both people.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I hope somebody nails this guy to the wall! I swear, I am so tired of this crap. Damn right the president needs to get involved.

Here is my pleas of desperation. . .somebody talk me down,
I'm ready to be the next guy marking Vs on walls in red paint even though I know this isn't healthy.

I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. . .what do other people do to get themselves a little less. . .vigilant!?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
OMG !!!....................... that poor little girl........*sigh*...........Listen, I have 2 teen daughters at home, 14 and 15, that I am trying to raise to be responsible, respectful adults, Lets see, she was drunk, serving Alcohol to her juvenile friends, assaulted a teacher and banged out her mother,

Trust me when I tell you, If that was one of my girls ? That Cop would be the least of her problems.

But thats me.
edit on 6-5-2011 by bull621 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
From what we see on the video the actions of the officer appear to be abusive.

However I cant help but notice the similarities of this video to some of the recent Mc Donalds videos that have surfaced.

I question the officers response but I also have to question the culture of the race that is raising these youths.

And for all you do gooders the above is an issue of observation not of race.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Liquesence

Actually sex is taken into account, but not in the manner you are siggesting. If a female officer who is 5'1 120 pounds is confronted by a male who is 6'2 240 muscle, the female officr will be justified in using a different level of force than what a male would be.

in this case, the 15 year old girl, according to the information the officer has, is that she was intoxicated, had been involved in a fight. We dont know exactly what info was relayed, and all of the other unknowns that I poiinted out a few posts back.

She was walking away, she refused verbal commands to stop. Even when the officer closed the gap, and she half turned and saw him, she still continued by turning away and continuing moving forward.

The fact she is 15 is irrelevant since any person of any age can kill someone else. The officer came into the situation while it was till fluid, which means the top priority is going to secure all the parties and ensure their safety. That is hard to do when your prime suspect is attempting to leave the scene.

IA is reviewing his use of force. What I have been trying to explain to people is how that process works. This situation is not as black and white as people re making it out to be. There are factors to consider that people are not familiar with.

Was there a female officer involved in this incident? No.

Does the fact that 15 yo girl "refused to comply with an officer's verbal commands" warrant or justify him slamming her into a concrete wall? No.

Please see my previous posts in this thread so that i do not have to continue repeating myself, as this boils down to one, simple thing: unwarranted, unnecessary, and excessive force.

Thanks.

(I do agree with your 15 yo can kill someone, and the IA comment, and that the situation is not completely black and white, but it's pretty dang close. Again, see my previous posts; she was not a threat; just because the officer in uncertain does not give him the right to slam her into a dang concrete wall first and ask questions later. And this is problem with cops' behavior: shoot/act first, assess the situation later is NOT how it should work or be tolerated, when there is no CLEAR danger or threat.)

Period.

'Night.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Liquesence because: add a word!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
See ya, if it were up to me your days as a cop would be over!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

I guess when you think you have won your just going to flash a big V for victory sign so we all know?

Read my post above.. Its not relevant to what the girl thought at the time. Not sure how else to explain this to you guys. Quit allowing your emotions to shape your response and actually use the same standards that the law uses, which is whats used on both people.

I agree with officer beaker here 100%. I hate him because he is a policeman and he wants to take away my weed, but he is correct.
The bigger issue is that this sort of crap keeps the general population distracted from REAL issues because it provokes an emotional irrational response. Just look at this thread to see what I mean.
The powers that be are making money from selling news papers with this nonsense in them, they get web hits and generate ad-revenue from it. They love when this stuff catches peoples attention because it means money in their pockets as they tell you what to think.
On the flip side of the coin the dregs, the useless layabout losers who do nothing with their time but get drunk and start trouble are being given a free ticket to ride the bus wherever they like, she will sue and be rich, pop out some kids and claim social security benefit for the rest of her life. So it's probably the best thing that will ever happen to her, this is the biggest day of work in this young girls entire life, she will have just made $1000's.
Who loses out? The hard working man who does his duty to support his family. Why? Because like everyone else involved he is just a puppet.
Not that I care really, since the officer would have arrested me for smoking dope anyway. The narrow minded scum.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
WTF?? These videos piss me off so much.

Where is the justification for this kind of behavior from a cop??? That girl could've been seriously injured.

Enough is enough. With more people capable of recording video at all times, hopefully this will make the police start to act more civil.

Also have to agree 100% with Liquesence's last post. It baffles me that people try to justify this kind of behavior from police officers.

It does not matter (or definitely SHOULD NOT matter) if the girl was not responding verbally with the officer, that is not justification for slamming her into the wall after running at her. Simply absurd.
edit on 6-5-2011 by origamiandurbanism because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
These are the people who are supposed to be protecting us? These "cops" are nothing but bullies in uniforms!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

He was dishing out punishment to her. He thinks he is the judge and the jury. They must be trained to use excessive force. We see this happen over and over again.

I just read where an 80 man was thrown on his head by a cop and his neck was broken. That cop wanted to dish out a death sentence to that old guy for arguing - good naturedly, according to the witnesses - over a parking ticket. It was in Orlando. The old guy made it through surgery and is now suing the city.

All the witnesses say the old guy did nothing except complain in a teasing kind of way about getting a ticket. He fought in three wars. One of the witnesses was pretty broken up to see a cop would attack an old man like that. He owns the bar/resturant where the old man was visiting. He said it was like seeing his own parents being harmed. He thought about closing down his business saying it was too dangerous for the neighbors to hang out in there.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That kind of blow can kill!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am pysically sick watching this video...the only thing that could have made it worse, would have been his partner running up and getting a few steel-toed kick's in on her. Wow...truelly troubled times that we are living in, and more troubling times ahead!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've seen many videos posted here that deal with police and their reactions to situations but this one is indefensible. The officer overreacted, there was no need for that much force. Many videos of this type are very hard to call as we don't know what else happened but really, he needed to bounce her head off a wall?

I've heard it from the cop apologists so many times it makes me sick, "We don't know if we're coming home when we leave", "We have to protect ourselves", "You don't realize what we deal with" and so on and so on. If you can't make a rational decision about how to deal with drunk kid, maybe you should look for a different line of work.

Of course there are plenty of times when people have to be dealt with harshly but seriously, if you can justify this so called peace officers actions, I feel bad for you.

Growing up, I knew cops to be kind, helpful and upstanding people, now I don't trust them on sight. They may be good people away from the job but when they put on that uniform and get away with abusing society, it does bad things to their judgment. Everyone shouldn't be treated like a cold blooded killer and dealt with harshly, common sense has disappeared.
edit on 5/6/2011 by DelMar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Sorry, pal, but there's no moral way you can justify the actions of this idiot cop. My daughter is 13, and is an absolute pain when it comes to respecting authority. But there is no way in hell I would think this type of behaviour is ok. This cop is not justified. . .as she posed NO threat to his life!

If you're gonna say this is okay. . .No, what someone gets for resisting arrest or refusing authority is set by the court NOT SOME IDIOT IN A UNIFORM! And the court would not say "Your punishment is to have an idiot cop abuse you."

I mean no disrespect to you at all, please know that. . .but when people say refusing authority is justification for physical and mental abuse. . .somebody HAS to say something!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Why is it that in in almost every video I see where something like this happens, the cop has (or looks like he has) a shaved head?
Is the shaved head thing a trend with cops now?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join