It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

www.dailymail.co. uk

A police officer is being investigated after a horrific video surfaced on YouTube of him fiercely pushing over a 15-year-old girl against a wall and to the ground.

The teenager appears to pose no threat at all to cop Patrick Larrison, but is seen walking away from an incident scene when he suddenly runs up and violently slams her to the floor in Phoenix, Arizona.
The video shows Officer Larrison running after the allegedly drunk teenager after she was kicked out of her school. She is walkin
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Jump To 1:53

I think both the girl and the cop were drunk
The police force needs to condemn publicly police brutality and because of how far widespread police brutality has come the president also needs to publicly condemn this action and provide a plan to reduce police brutality.

At the very least if not that then presidential candidates should shed some spotlight on this and that could also help them during the campaign trial.

www.dailymail.co. uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+26 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeah, saw this....there needs be charges brought against the cop. Excessive force at its finest!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Kids and parents don't really know that cops hurt you bad when you try and get away. My back has hurt for 30 years from a similar incident.

+18 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow ... thats just ruthless ... I hope the girl sues the hell out of that mental cop .. he should be fired and arrested immediately ...

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow. That's way out of order and could be classed as assault, IMO.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Kids and parents don't really know that cops hurt you bad when you try and get away. My back has hurt for 30 years from a similar incident.

She wasn't even trying to get away, she was just walking on the sidewalk.

+20 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Pieces of garbage like this do not deserve a badge.

---

+15 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by earthdude

She wasn't even trying to get away, she was just walking on the sidewalk.

They claim she was attempting to walk away from the scene, but regardless, there have already been statements from other detectives who believe not only was this excessive force, but the girl didn't show any signs of obstructing justice, nor was she trying to resist.

It's a clear cut case, cop over stepped his boundaries...now he should be put in jail on the charges of excessive force, assault, assault on a minor...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
That was shocking.

That kind of force could have resulted in a serious head injury.

Let's review:
Unarmed
Walking away.

I didn't hear the officer shouting stop. (perhaps car traffic was too loud)

I'm glad she was able to get up again.
I hope she was treated for a possible head injury.
I hope she sues.

+20 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's us vs. them, people. There will come a day when the average American citizens have had enough of being taxed, worked, and in some instances beaten, to a point where the only option is to rise up and forcefully take back our country.

link   
Contempt of cop. She refused to stop his single...that I heard...command to stop.

(Then clearly her refusal to stop posed a risk to him and public safety that required she be "subdued." You can't take chances with these people. The girl could have been a ninja in disguise for all the cop knew and could have had weapons of even more alcohol concealed on her person.

He had no choice but to approach her at a high rate of speed and bodily slamming her into the wall head first in order to eliminate the threat she presented to him. :@@

The part of this post in ( ) is all sarcasm!

Like I said. Contempt of cop. They don't seem to like it when you don't stop while running from them.

edit on 6-5-2011 by webpirate because: sarcasm disclaimer

link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Just from observing the video, its entirely possible this might be a perception problem on part of the officer behind the girl. We can see that as she is walking away, the officer is walking towards her from behind. As he starts to gain speed, you can see the female half turn towards him while bring her arms up,

Its possible that he perceived her movement as possibly having, or going for, a weapon on her persons, resulting in the push.

Now, thats a guess form watching the video. 6 years on the force and no instances of use of force (which in 6 years is pretty amazing in my opinion). Also, this occured some time ago, and was not brought up until a police employee found the video on youtube. It is good to see th department taking a proative approach instead of waiting for any potential vitims to come forward first.

As I ahve said in other threads, and officer use of force is based on what the officer perceived at the exact moment the use of force occured. The anglewe are watching the video at is from the side and wide, meaning we can see the 15 year olds actins, and the officers.

Keep in mind the girl was facing away from the officer and the officer could not see what the girl had in her hands / on her person because of his angle.

The only other question I have is who took the video, and what prompted them to be in that exact place at that exact time near what appears to be the start of the incident?

Also, to avoid argumetns - I am not condoning the officers actions, but merely pointing out another angle that some might not consider.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
damn. look at her after she hits the ground. he knocked her right out of her shoes. if that was my daughter that cop would have a serious but kickn coming.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

What exactly depicted her as a threat? Was she armed? NO, was she resisting arrest? No...I think you have little to much faith in the soldiers of the elite.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Simply a case of resisting arrest.
. I guess all those years of training paid off...the officer was obviously in danger i am only surprised he never drew his weapon !
edit on 6-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
That was shocking.

That kind of force could have resulted in a serious head injury.

Or death. He pushes her head first into the wall with the entire weight of his body. (He jumped into the slam)

He didnt push her shoulders, or her back, he slammed her head into a concrete wall. He could have killed her.

Fortunately for both of them, he did not.

I dont know whats wrong with people lately. The girl was no innocent, but that was clearly excessive force. Im just encouraged that the police department seems to be very proactive on this one.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Simply a case of resisting arrest.
. I guess all those years of training paid off...the officer was obviously in danger i am only surprised he never drew his weapon !
edit on 6-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

Again, no resisting arrest. I just saw an interview with a retired cop who claimed he thought it was excessive force, and that she showed no signs of resisting. Resisting arrest would be in a physical struggle with the officer...don't know about you but I didnt see any type of confrontation between the parties.

Resisting arrest defined:

physical efforts to oppose a lawful arrest; the resistance is classified as assault and battery upon the person of the police officer attempting to make the arrest.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Disgraceful ....this is not Human being ... [snip]
edit on 6-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join