It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Video !!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by topherman420

Yes, I posted it and here it is again. And my question was Russian time.

AlienDisclosureGroup has posted a comment on your profile:

It was recorded at 11.45, Thanks.

Timezones in Russia are a bit odd now that they consolidated them (they recently went from 11 timezones to 9). Because of this, the NEXT timezone east of Moscow time is actually two hours ahead of Moscow time, rather than just one hour.

Therefore, if the launch was at 9:41 PM Moscow time, then 4 minutes after the launch, the rocket's trajectory and speed could have made it visible from the next timezone to the east, where it was 11:45 PM. I'm not saying it was necessarily over that time zone that quickly, but maybe it could have been visible from that timezone.

At 2 minutes into the flight, a rocket is going a few thousand miles per hour, so it could probably get pretty far downrange relatively quickly. For example, a Soyuz rocket is going about 3,500 mph after 2 minutes, and is going 7,000 to 8,000 mph after 5 minutes.

Also, even after 5 minutes, it is not yet in orbit, but it is relatively high in the sky, so the thrust exhaust would still be visible from the ground, and it will be visible to people on the ground for hundreds of miles around -- especially considering (as I mentioned in my post above) that at this point the rocket is no longer going straight up, but rather the trajectory will be more horizontal -- i.e., it will be almost parallel to the ground.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Pauligirl

I sent them another message about the Time Zone to make sure. But if they were in another time zone the Soyuz would have already been out of earth atomosphere anyway. It would have not stayed that close for that long. I am one hour behind Cape time, and I have never looked into the sky on a launch day and seen anything.

Coolottie, through the patience and generosity of strangers you have a rare opportunity to assess the misperceptions which have misled your interpretations of this phenomenon, and if you're not too old, you can learn an important lesson. Others have helped us do the same, not always gently, and now it's your turn.

Time zones -- this shows how the area the UFO was videotaped in is two time zones ahead of the launch site, which is UTC + 4 hrs in summer time.
: 1.bp.blogspot.com...

Note that the video could NOT have been taken in Moscow, because there it was only half an hour after sunset and still in bright twilight. As you can see in the actual videos, it is MUCH later than that where the videos were made.

Here are some illustrations of how rockets shift to horizontal while still dropping rocket stages -- exactly what is seen in the videos.

Soyuz ascent trajectory:
www.thespacereview.com...

Typical ascents:
www.nasaspaceflight.com...
sci.esa.int...

And here's an essay of how weird it looks and how there's no shame in misunderstanding what it it you're actually seeing:

Why a satellite launch looks horizontal or falling back to Earth:
www.thespacereview.com...

These are good discussion topics for your family, too -- so they all can share the learning experience with you.

But if getting closer to reality is somehow disturbing to the way you prefer to see the Universe, no problem -- you're in good company.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by topherman420

Yes, I posted it and here it is again. And my question was Russian time.

AlienDisclosureGroup has posted a comment on your profile:

It was recorded at 11.45, Thanks.

Timezones in Russia are a bit odd now that they consolidated them (they recently went from 11 timezones to 9). Because of this, the NEXT timezone east of Moscow time is actually two hours ahead of Moscow time, rather than just one hour.

That's what it looked like to me, too, but if you look a little south, there's a pocket of 'Moscow + 1' time before you get to the bigger M+2 zone. And you're right, in the northern areas, M and M+2 abut directly, no intermediate zone.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
That's what it looked like to me, too, but if you look a little south, there's a pocket of 'Moscow + 1' time before you get to the bigger M+2 zone. And you're right, in the northern areas, M and M+2 abut directly, no intermediate zone.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
it's a comet

im like 80% sure it's a comet

come on man lmao
a comet huh....
im sorry thats is just funny to me this morning not trying to be mean..lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That is a rocket.

U.F.O.s leave no combustion trails.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I saw this video years ago, it's definitely something jettisoned from a shuttle or the ISS or whatever that is entering our atmosphere.

Looks cool, nevertheless.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
it's called stage separation.
edit on 5.5.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

Sed rocket was too low in the atmosphere to alow the drop of those and by the time it droped them they wouldnt still be glowing to us and they wouldnt be visable even with the blue light around it the little line you see in the video you posted for me a while back thats the rocket meaning you cant tell when something falls off it unless you have a damn News cammera you carry on your shoulder...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is a pretty cool vid..but the things im starting to see more and more is that its called a ufo, or an unidentified flying object..bosent really mean that its ET...there is alot of Military Black ops projects that have been denied.. and then after alot of people start to report it and then take pictures of it they came out of the closet and said to everyone they had it..soo im just putting it out there that there is alot of none ET UFOs

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

Originally posted by vjr1113
it's a comet

im like 80% sure it's a comet

come on man lmao
a comet huh....
im sorry thats is just funny to me this morning not trying to be mean..lol

Yeah -- while I'm on the side that that says it looks like a rocket, I'd have to agree that it is NOT a comet.

I don't think people understand that comets do not appear to noticeably move across the sky. When a comet is visible from Earth, It basically stays in one place against the background of stars -- appearing to move on a given night with the star background only as the Earth rotates under it.

Granted, a comet will move differently against the background of stars over time, that motion is not really visible on a single given night. Basically a comet will just "hang" there, like a star.

edit on 5/6/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 15FORreal

Yes thats what this fourm is trying to discuss is weather its Alien or not, *weather that be due to imposible Feats (my example of a posible torsion field being used) or just seeing a bilboard saying vote obama on the moon after the launch.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331

Originally posted by toreishi
it's called stage separation.
edit on 5.5.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

Sed rocket was too low in the atmosphere to alow the drop of those and by the time it droped them they wouldnt still be glowing to us and they wouldnt be visable even with the blue light around it the little line you see in the video you posted for me a while back thats the rocket meaning you cant tell when something falls off it unless you have a damn News cammera you carry on your shoulder...

The stages are dropped while the rocket is still in some of the atmosphere. Some of the stages don't burn up (i.e., would not necessarily be visible), but rather simply fall to the ground or water. In Russia, there is a lot of uninhabited land, so the drop zones for some of the lower stages are on land, but in the middle of nowhere. They can predict with pretty good accuracy where a piece of the rocket will drop, minimizing the chance that someone/something will be affected by the piece crashing back to Earth.

But, no -- these pieces falling back to the ground would not necessarily be glowing, and probably would not be visible at night.

edit on 5/6/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

But, no -- these pieces falling back to the ground would not necessarily be glowing, and probably would not be visible at night.

It also depends on how much propellant they are dumping. As a rule, liquid-fuelled rockets are shut down with a cushion of 1-2% remaining fuel, and bitter experience has shown the locally toxic effects of reaching the ground with the chemicals still concentrated in the tanks. so 'best practice' in recent decades has been to purge the tanks, usually through the rocket nozzles, of all remaining contents, especially when there's some air drag to 'bunch' the liquids near the drain ports [won't work in pure zero-G].

Or if you're too high for air drag, you can spin the stages and that forces the remaining fuel into the ends where the drains are.

Also you gotta remember that these are far northern locations and the sun, while set as viewed from the ground, is not very low over the northern horizon. In May-June-July it practically NEVER sets for objects at rocket ascent altitudes.

A lot of the principles of geography and astronomy that we thought we knew are still valid but do make for unexpected visual manifestations with rocket launches. It's been eye-opening to note what people have actually been seeing and reporting and then slap one's forehead exclaiming, 'Of course, we should have been able to predict that!'.

It's what makes it so pitiful to see nice people like Coolottie, with intelligence and enthusiasm, failing again and again to predict what things MUST have looked like so THIS couldn't have been THAT -- and foolishly displaying resistence to the often surprising lessons of reality.

edit on 6-5-2011 by JimOberg because: add spin

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is a UFO. Unidentified flying object. That does not mean that its from extra terrestrials lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thanks for those specifics, Jim. I can only speak in generalities, but considering that you write about this stuff, you probably have more specific insights and information.

So, is it safe to say that by the time the second stage booster fired (which may be the plume we are seeing in this video), that the first stage had already dropped away? That is to say, the first stage may have expelled its fuel, then dropped away, and then the second stage ignited, and we are seeing this second stage in the video -- correct?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thanks for those specifics, Jim. I can only speak in generalities, but considering that you write about this stuff, you probably have more specific insights and information.

So, is it safe to say that by the time the second stage booster fired (which may be the plume we are seeing in this video), that the first stage had already dropped away? That is to say, the first stage may have expelled its fuel, then dropped away, and then the second stage ignited, and we are seeing this second stage in the video -- correct?

The Soyuz lifts off with the central core and four strap-ons all firing, and about 2.5 minutes later the four strap-ons are jettisoned, while the core continues to fire several minutes more. These launches and other missiles have been igniting UFO flaps in Russia (and USSR) for decades. In the old days, the gummint denied they were 'theirs' and encouraged the public to blame them on aliens.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It took me a while to find this video, It was taken years ago and the first time I ever saw anything like this. I saw this video in 2007 , Now you can see that this is coming down and not going up into space. The thing that comes out of the end is not a rocket. This was filmed in California. There were not any videos even like this at that time.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes, it is a rocket.

Here's one from 2005.

2007:

2002:

A Russian launch, complete with rocket going "down".

edit on 5/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It still looks like a rocket to me, and shows quite visibly the stages of the rocket, the bright light leaving the first stage plume, and continuing on with the second stage. I still dont see any correlation to wormholes or alien craft but i do see more correlation to the rockets, their designs, and the trails they leave.
edit on 6-5-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Jim, you know your science, but I can't understand why if this is a rocket, missile etc, why have they not always looked like this. There is a video of UFOs all around it, taken not long ago. Now the person that posted this video on youtube sent me a link that was suppose to be the rocket taking off but just like the other rocket launch video on here a few pages back. They show it going up then cut away to it coming down and it is not the same film because the qualitity changes. The 3 UFOs in this video could have well come from inside this wormhole, or rocket? They tell the public these are rockets then on youtube you find videos of rockets taking off only to see that the film is edited and cut, and then it is not going up but coming down, and the quality of the film changes drasticly. You know your science and I respect your opinions a lot. But couldn't the missile thing be a cover. Plus did anyone findout about the time. Some said the launch was around 7pm or 9pm. The video was filmed at 11:45. Sorry I have been out and just got back.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join