It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Video !!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Many things look like rockets though...

Including rockets...
...and this object was filmed on the same night a rocket was launched.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
reply to post by Pauligirl

I can not find any links to such a satalite being launched or any information on any other than the posibility that this was one, no videos, no links to older info on them just that one was being made...And have you ever seen a rocket that would leave 4 simultanious Tails in the shape of a torsion field?

Here's the information on the launch from NASA and the Russians
www.nasaspaceflight.com...
www.russianspaceweb.com...

and here's two others that look similar (don't know any thing about a "torsion field")

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Sorry, but you really have a lack of comprehension about rocket launches and speeds:

....moving way too slow to have just been launched.

The start slowly!! (Zero, actually) and accelerate at a set rate, depending on the thrust and the gross weight.

Additionally, evident motion to an observer standing on the Earth's surface will depend on the angle of its trajectory, and path, in relation to that observer. (If it is moving exactly directly away from you, then it will seem to have little apparent speed or motion.....if you are, however, directly 90° to it, viewing the path "from the side", then it will look completely different.

Three dimensions.....not sure why people don't understand this.

Oh, and rockets do NOT go "straight up" on launch, just in case that hasn't been mentioned, to disabuse that misconstrued notion.

Take, just one example (easiest to get details about, handily)..the Space Shuttle.

This one, because it has a (NOT to scale) drawing depiction, "from the side":

www.space-shuttle.com...

More research, into other aspects of real rocketry physics, might be warranted to obtain a further in-depth understanding.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

and these are also not rockets. guess there's no convincing people who would rather believe that everything magnificent has to come from aliens, can't we just be amazed that a century ago we could hardly get off this rock and now we're slowly doing it with science? yes, aliens might exist and i've had my share of ufo sightings but this vid in the op is not imho a ufo.
edit on 5.5.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It will orbit Vesta for a year. The news paper when it was launched said it was going 3 billion miles in 4 years, that was not counting the time it will be orbiting Vesta. Either way it was said to be the fastest thing to ever leave the earth. My math is not that good to figure how many miles an hour that is, but I am sure someone on here could find that out.

Dawn probe reaches milestone approaching asteroid Vesta

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The launch was a dusk but that looks much later in the night.
2nd line

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

the world is round. light conditions during dusk at your location are not necessarily duplicated in other parts of the world.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

It will orbit Vesta for a year. The news paper when it was launched said it was going 3 billion miles in 4 years, that was not counting the time it will be orbiting Vesta. Either way it was said to be the fastest thing to ever leave the earth. My math is not that good to figure how many miles an hour that is, but I am sure someone on here could find that out.

I'm sorry, you're right--first article was not clear-another one says

Dawn launched on Sept. 27, 2007. By the time it reaches Vesta, it will have traveled about 3 billion miles (4.8 billion km). The probe will stay in orbit around Vesta for one year. After another long cruise phase, Dawn will arrive at its second destination, the dwarf planet Ceres, in 2015.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Its kind of cool how they are getting there quickly and cheaply using gravity assist. I found some info on dawn and its techniques for getting to vesta:

Dawn Probe and its mission: en.wikipedia.org...(spacecraft)

Gravity Assist and what its used for:
en.wikipedia.org...

We got some cool ideas coming out of space exploration

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The launch was a dusk but that looks much later in the night.
2nd line

The launch was at 17:41 UTC.
The Plesetsk Cosmodrome is in the Russian Federation Zone 2 - Daylight (R2DT), which is +4 UTC this time of the year (taking into account Daylight Saving Time). This is the same as Moscow time.

Therefore, the time of the launch at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome was 21:41 or 9:41 PM R2DT. I would consider 9:41 PM to be later than dusk.

edit on 5/5/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I asked the people that posted the Original video at what time was it filmed, they said at 11:45pm Russian time. So it was not the same time as the Soyuz Rocket. So this puts the Soyuz completely out of the picture, and it was not a video of the launch.

AlienDisclosureGroup has posted a comment on your profile:

It was recorded at 11.45, Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

did you ask them what time zone they were at? could it be that a rocket launch can be seen from another time zone? also, are they on daylight saving time?

link   

This to me seems like posible torsion field manipulation as i said IT COULD BE A ROCKET, but i believe that it has a torsion field around it, and since we cant (acording to the governments) make one of these yet/Manipulate one of these yet, These rockets show me otherwise. Torsion is used for space travel and theoretical time travel and Inter-Dimentional Travel, i actualy have a thread on the matter if you want to look it up. Its actualy earlier in the thread.
edit on 5/5/11 by Solsthime331 because: (no reason given)

link   

I asked the people that posted the Original video at what time was it filmed, they said at 11:45pm Russian time. So it was not the same time as the Soyuz Rocket. So this puts the Soyuz completely out of the picture, and it was not a video of the launch.

What is their source of the information and how is it verifiable other then just alien disclosure group telling us that is the time. Russia time......doesnt russia have timzones as well? its a pretty big place.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rreeves5
The reason these facilities are on the coast is because in case of launch failure or explosion, is to limit the damage such a failure could cause.

True for US launches, not so true for Russian launches
www.fas.org...

Unlike many space launch facilities in the World, both Baikonur and Plesetsk are not directly situated on or near a coast. Consequently, the lower, sub-orbital stages of USSR/CIS boosters normally fall back on former Soviet territory. This situation limits the permissible launch azimuths to avoid impacts near populated or foreign regions, e.g., due east launches (the most advantageous) from Baikonur are forbidden since lower rocket stages would fall on Chinese territory. For those launch corridors which are used, tens othousands of tons of spent boosters, many with toxic residual propellants still on board, now litter the countryside. Steps are underway around both Baikonur and Plesetsk to mitigate the situation, but the problem remains monumental.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

this was shot in Ekaterinburg which is 2000 km away (+/-) from Plesetsk

Plesetsk Time Zone = MSD (UTC+04:00)

Ekaterinburg Time Zone = YEKST (UTC+06:00)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Russian has 9 time zones
www.russiamap.org...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The Rocket was launch earlier than this video was recorded about a 4 hour difference. So it was not the Rocket at all. Plus the White thing at the bottom did not even come from the thing higher up in the sky. Plus it just Vanished and so did the other thing just Vanishes.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

video of the launch.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
here's an animation of a rocket launch .. the white thing that you're seeing is from those huge things that fall off from the rocket.

it's called stage separation.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join