It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Video !!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Either the writer in the newspaper misunderstood, or you have mis-remembered and misinterpreted:

The news paper when it was launched said it was going 3 billion miles in 4 years,

NO.....the reality was, the mission, from launch date, until reaching Vesta was 4 years. Its FULL mission, to encompass many many more years of journey, will include the "3 billion miles".

Dawn's odyssey, which will take it on a journey of 4.8-billion kilometers (3-billion miles), began on Sept. 27, 2007, with its launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. It will stay in orbit around Vesta for one year. After another long cruise phase, Dawn will arrive at its second destination, an even more massive body in the asteroid belt, called Ceres, in 2015.

The entire "odyssey", as they say there, is the ~3 billion miles. NOT the journey just to Vesta.

Here is the informaiton on Vesta, including its distance from Earth (well, its AU distance). It is no where near "3 billion miles" away!!

Aphelion 384.72 Gm (2.572 AU)
Perihelion 321.82 Gm (2.151 AU)

At most, it is 2 1/2 AU from the Sun.....we are already one AU....so, from us (straight-line, best-case assumption) is only about 1 1/2 AU.....Of course, its path is arced, in actuality on the voyage to rendezvous with Vesta.

One AU is the average distance of Earth to Sun....of of my head, about ~93 million miles. Cannot fit "3 billion", with a 'b', into that tiny distance......not until the entirety of its mission is added up, in about 2015.

Do you see where the wrong assumptions, due to incorrect comprehension, lead to so many mistaken opinions??

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
I just found a site NASA live feed. That states the it was launched at 7:15 EDT May 5th, 2011 Thursday.

Coolottie, everybody else who reads that link will see that it says

Video: Soyuz TMA-01M Russian Spacecraft Rocket Launch Lift Off Live Streaming Coverage 10/07/10

...which is October 7, 2010,

but when you read it, you see it says "May 5".

Ask yourself, WHY is what you think you read, different?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I asked the people that posted the Original video at what time was it filmed, they said at 11:45pm Russian time. So it was not the same time as the Soyuz Rocket. So this puts the Soyuz completely out of the picture, and it was not a video of the launch.

Coolottie, where was it you were taught there was only one time zone in Russia?

Are you deliberately embarrassing yourself to make a mockery of your convictions?

I posted a dozen links to other videos and stills -- the local times were all in time zones east of the launch site, and the observed times [converted to UTC] were all in the few minutes after the official [and released pre-launch] blastoff time.

Do you really want to NOT know this? Are people who point this out somehow your enemies?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No reason to think its anything other then Rockets.

Can anyone say what an engaged hyperdrive looks like?

No, didn't think so.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

en.wikipedia.org...]Comet Hale-Bopp[/url]

I witnessed this comet. It was pretty amazing and definetely one of the memories to keep for life. Thing is though, when you look at the comet, it's so far that you don't really see it moving. And if that was a comet hitting the Earth we would already know about some catastrophy. But my point is, this on the video is not a comet, it's moving way too fast.

I understand Russian language, the people in the background are freaking out and joking, saying: "this isn't 2012 yet is it? There are no weddings and miracles happening today that I know of... This is definetely not an airplane, what in the world is this?"

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I will say it again> The video under the live feed has nothing to do with what it says on top of the live feed. They were talking about the live feed.....[not the video under it] The Live Feed.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

OK, so that is not the launch forgive. That is what came up in google. I guess they have had live feed on there for the past 9 months. Whatever. The Rocket last night did not launch at the time the video was recorded, so it is not even in the conversation.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I know there are a lot of young people on ATS, But now Missiles, Rockets, Satillites all look just like this???
We have rockets, satililltes, missile tests, around the United States all the time. Have any of you ever seen one of the big blue things streaking across the American sky at a horizanial direction. No? These exact same things show up all over China, Spain, Norway, Austrailia, Japan, and nothing was launched. I new about the launch, but these great big blue looking vortex looking things never appeared in the sky until just a few years ago. Rockets, satililltes, shuttles, missiles, never looked like this years ago. If they do why are they not seen all the time especially in the US.

It’s a fair question and for those interested in the answer, it has to do with geography. With one notable exception, rocket launches from US coastal sites fly away from the US, out over the ocean, so ground observers are usually just seeing the plumes from behind. The exception is shuttle launches from Florida to the space station – they head NE, practically right up the East Coast, so folks there see the plumes from the side as the ship heads horizontally into orbit 50-60 miles up. That’s the same viewing geometry for satellites out of Plesetsk, as seen from the Urals and points east. That’s what such rockets have looked like for decades – just because they aren’t reported on UFO sites doesn’t mean other people weren’t seeing and imaging them, just not freaking out thinking they were aliens. To assert that nobody saw them – because YOU never heard of anyone seeing them – testifies not to the nature of the phenomenon, but to the limits of one’s own knowledge.

Question??? If this was a rocket or satilillite just taking off in Russia, explain to me when it did a 90 degree turn and start going across the sky instead of straight up ??? Plus they should look like this everytime a rocket, missile, whatever takes off from the earth, then it should be a very common sight for 30-40 years.

As already explained, to get into orbit around Earth, a rocket heads up to clear the thickest part of the atmosphere and then as soon as possible bends its flight path towards the horizontal to pick up the velocity needed to fling itself ‘over the horizon’, which recedes due to the roundness of the planet. If you get up to 18,000 mph or so, even though gravity is still pulling you back towards the center of Earth (at about 16 ft every second), the curvature of Earth bends back at the same rate and you never hit the ground. This effect has been seen by witnesses since the first orbital launch in October 1957 – your not knowing about it, or not reading any basic books on spaceflight that would have told you about it, is no good argument that it can’t be true.

Here is a night time launch of a Rocket at the Cape. No larger blue tail, Plus a very good zoom lense to even see it. The kids that filmed this in Russia, did not even use a zoom. Rockets and Missiles do not stay in earths atomosphere even long enough to show these effects.

Viewed from the launch site anywhere, an ascending rocket is seen from behind its tail. To see a plume moving horizontally, you have to be down range and off to one side or the other. It’s a question of perspective. As for whether rockets do or don’t stay in the atmosphere long enough to show any effects, where did you get the misimpression that you knew enough about rocket launch operations to justify this claim? You just made up the ‘fact’ out of your imagination – is that a common practice in your discussions, or is there any assertion of ‘fact’ that is based on checkable realities?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

OK, so that is not the launch forgive. That is what came up in google. I guess they have had live feed on there for the past 9 months. Whatever. The Rocket last night did not launch at the time the video was recorded, so it is not even in the conversation.

Google may have led you to make a gross factual blunder when YOU said it was the May 5 launch, and the link you gave said it was another. Don't blame google for YOUR mistake -- take this opportunity to learn to be more cautious in harvesting search engines for anything you can twist into appearing to back up your claims.

You keep repeating defiantly that the rocket launch was not at the time of the video. All the evidence in the posted videos, when corrected for proper time zones, shows the timing was perfect. Why can't you face facts?

People who tell you how perfect and well informaed your opinions are, are NOT your real friends. People who try to point out the schoolboy howlers that discredit any assertion you make, ARE helpful to you, however painful the process.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What if the government is trying to cause a war with aliens hoping they destroy most of the human population while they all sit safe in their not so secret under ground bases!

Imagine that?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The launch was a dusk but that looks much later in the night.
2nd line

The launch was at 17:41 UTC.
The Plesetsk Cosmodrome is in the Russian Federation Zone 2 - Daylight (R2DT), which is +4 UTC this time of the year (taking into account Daylight Saving Time). This is the same as Moscow time.

Therefore, the time of the launch at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome was 21:41 or 9:41 PM R2DT. I would consider 9:41 PM to be later than dusk.

edit on 5/5/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

It was at 9:41 PM the Launch
The video recorded at 11:45 PM

That is a 2 hours and 4 min Difference in time. I know that it had to be going way faster than that. They would not have even been able to see the rocket at 11:45 PM

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Why they still have a live feed, excuse me I was wrong about that link. Honest mistake, don't beat me up over it.

But it was NOT the rocket these kids video taped because it was 2 hour and 4 min after the Launch.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

The launch was a dusk but that looks much later in the night.
2nd line

The launch was at 17:41 UTC.
The Plesetsk Cosmodrome is in the Russian Federation Zone 2 - Daylight (R2DT), which is +4 UTC this time of the year (taking into account Daylight Saving Time). This is the same as Moscow time.

Therefore, the time of the launch at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome was 21:41 or 9:41 PM R2DT. I would consider 9:41 PM to be later than dusk.

edit on 5/5/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

It was at 9:41 PM the Launch
The video recorded at 11:45 PM

That is a 2 hours and 4 min Difference in time. I know that it had to be going way faster than that. They would not have even been able to see the rocket at 11:45 PM

Did the filmakers themselves tell you the time this was made? Im not sure where that was verified anywhere.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Why they still have a live feed, excuse me I was wrong about that link. Honest mistake, don't beat me up over it.

But it was NOT the rocket these kids video taped because it was 2 hour and 4 min after the Launch.

Ask them what time zone they are in. Russia has 9.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Why the bleep would supposedly incredibly advanced craft which can travel lightyears to get here leave a tail like that just like a missle or rocket would.... what kind of backwards ass logic is this? You really think such a technology would be viable for an intergalatic space traveling species? This thread is so stupid. God the youtube ufo nuts on this site make me so mad sometimes.
edit on 5-5-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Rofl, and you are saying this based on WHAT? What evidence at all do you have that it was not recorded at any given time?? The youtube posters or some middle man's "word"? That means nothing, hell who even knows if the recorder and the youtube poster are even the same. Just cause someone claims it at such and such time doesn't make it so, so no its not "not even in the conversation" unless you're not really interested in logic at all and just want to push your nonsense. Furthermore, a hoaxer is obviously going to tell you its at a time different from the launch. You dont just dismiss a rocket launch cause someone "said" it was recorded at a different hour... this is ridiculous.
edit on 5-5-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

yeah, better than all those for sure. Its the best.
2nd line

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberry

Yes, I remember seeing that comet, only it was in the afternoon and not real dark out. Thank you for narrowing down the field. A comet that low we would know it for sure. The reason I was so sure about the rocket launch is they are not as dramatic as these things and we only started seeing the in the past few years [one back in 86 over China, I didn't know about] I really believe these are very large Alien Craft. They can be seen coming into our dimension but they vanish or disappear quit fast. An Alien Craft 5 miles across can be right over the city of LA and no one would even see it. As a matter of fact you could see right through it. Their vibrational frequency is so high. Like taking a pencil in you figure and shacking it back and forth real fast, you don't even see the pencil. I do believe they are large Alien Craft, but that is my opinion and not something I am able to prove.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I want you to look at this video you posted very closely, Between :44 and :47 mark the video changes and even the quality of the video. The Rocket is going up and in just a split second it is coming down. Now that is edited. and I do know there is false information put out. I have seen the very samething on other videos like this. The Soyuz Launch and the video after marker :47 are not the same video.

edit on 5/5/2011 by coolottie because: forgot video

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Since you say 7 year [1 year orbiting Vesta] tell me how many miles per hour it was traveling to go 3 billion miles. I know you can do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join