It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Video !!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
It took me a while to find this video, It was taken years ago and the first time I ever saw anything like this. I saw this video in 2007 , Now you can see that this is coming down and not going up into space. The thing that comes out of the end is not a rocket. This was filmed in California. There were not any videos even like this at that time.

Phage, This is not a video of Vandenburg, and the first time I saw it in 2007, It said it was in Las Vegas, not California.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

All ive seen demonstrated here is the similarities between rockets and different angles, lighting which produce different displays. They all have the same plume effect, they all look to be similar to multi stage rockets. I dont think that every rocket of different classes will produce the exact same plumes but the similarities between them all are appearing to be shared among all these rocket videos. Keep in mind some rockets are used for getting up to orbit while some are merely designed to skirt the upper atmosphere to get readings for an experiment.

We have repeatedly seen multi staged rocket propulsion with the majority of videos posted here. First the great plume with first stage, then the big plume abruptly ending with the second stage showing as a bright light moving from the plume trail. And then with the bright spot disappearing after the second stage has run out.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by JimOberg

Jim, you know your science, but I can't understand why if this is a rocket, missile etc, why have they not always looked like this.

This is the nature of technology.

Have guns always looked the same?
Has corn always looked the same?
Have computers always looked the same?

You do not have to prove why rockets haven't always looked like this, all that is needed to fulfill a shadow of a doubt is that rockets do appear like this sometimes.

That's it.

All that's left is to apply Occam's razor... and BAM!

Probably a rocket.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Yes, I understand how they do not always go straight out of earth orbit, but they usually burn up all the liquid fuel withing 2 mins, and that this the only thing that would make any kind of tail. Also these are so unusual that. they have only begun to see them in the past few years, but Military, NASA, has been launching these things for over 40 years, and they never started looking like this until lately. Use too the government just let the public think everything is a UFO, and never tried to explain them. But these things they keep saying are rockets or missiles, are showing up in places that have no launch facility need the area. There are videos of launches, the thing going up with high quality film, then suddenly it is edited with something coming down not up and looks like it is filmed with just a phone. We wouldn't even be calling them UFOs if they were normal.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It took the Shuttle 8 minutes to reach orbit, Now they are using Rocket Proplusion since the Shuttle retired and it would even take less time. And they only use the liquid fuel that would leave any kind of trail for 2 minutes.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You cant accept all the videos here that show similarities of rockets, and keep coming up with videos that keep showing us the same things we've shown with actual rocket launches.

As alot of us have shown, these are quite normal appearances just not everyone is out their filming every single launch. You are desperately holding on to this idea they are everything but rockets of any kind, and unable to prove your alien craft theory since you claim they are invisible/cloaked objects and all you see is this contrail. You cant obtain any visual evidence that supports claims of alien craft only believe that rocket plumes are wormholes, and use the same videos to support the evidence of rockets. This thread is getting to be pointless since all you can do is repeatedly show the same videos which support rocket launches hoping someone will see this cloaked craft theory as you do. What you have is belief based on the evidence you provide. Many of us 'believe' these are rockets and the videos support that theory more then yours.

I believe the only way you will be able to prove otherwise is getting a good look at one of these cloaked craft if theres a way to do it. To me saying "they are cloaked" is a good way to make someones belief an untestable theory, and does little to support your case.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

...but I can't understand why if this is a rocket, missile etc, why have they not always looked like this.

Different rockets, different camera angles, different atmospheric conditions, and different lighting conditions will all lead to various rocket launches looking different.

Here are three that look similar to -- albeit not EXACTLY like -- the video in the OP:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Plus did anyone findout about the time. Some said the launch was around 7pm or 9pm. The video was filmed at 11:45. Sorry I have been out and just got back.

The launch was at 9:41 PM Moscow time, which is the same timezone where the launch occurred at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome. As I said in another post, due to the odd way some time zones in Russia are set up, the NEXT time zone to the east of the Plesetsk Cosmodrome is actually 2 hours ahead of Moscow time, rather than the normal 1 hour.

Therefore, as the rocket hurled upward and eastward at 7,000 to 8,000 mph (which is the speed it would reach about 4 or 5 minutes after launch), it could be high enough and far east enough downrange to be seen in that next timezone -- where the time would have been 11:45 (four minutes after launch).

I'm not saying it was necessarily in that next timezone, but that maybe it could have been seen from there.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Your point of view certainly is unusual and I can see how it would bring you into conflict with those who have a more traditional point of view. I don't think anyone can say for certain what it is in the OP video only what our own experience, training and beliefs lead us each to find personally most likely.

The whole field of ufology has been whitewashed with so many thick layers of derision over the years it has become very hard for anything related to be taken seriously and probably impossible for any video to be seen by most with any creditability.

I honestly believe that it is only when we are able to lift the veil of contempt surrounding ufology that any of us will be able to met in the middle ground of truth.

good luck

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Now I agree these are rocket launches, but if you notice he is using a ""Telescope"" . The kids in Russia. Did not even us a zoom. And you can see how fast that is going much faster and out of sight without high powered zoom or telescope lense.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It took the Shuttle 8 minutes to reach orbit, Now they are using Rocket Proplusion since the Shuttle retired and it would even take less time. And they only use the liquid fuel that would leave any kind of trail for 2 minutes.

Liquid fuels used by most American rockets is liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen. When this burns, water vapor is produced. At certain altitudes with certain atmospheric conditions, this water vapor can freeze and condense into a visible plume, similar to a typical cloud.

Soyuz Rockets use liquid oxygen and a petroleum-based fuel. However, that petroleum-based fuel is still a hydrocarbon, which would produce a lot of water vapor (among other things) when burned. And, again, that water vapor could freeze and condense at altitude and be visible. Plus, because it is petroleum-based, there would be other compounds in the thrust exhaust.

A Soyuz 2a rocket, like the one launched on May 4, is in three stages that burn for a total of 9 minutes.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Now I agree these are rocket launches, but if you notice he is using a ""Telescope"" . The kids in Russia. Did not even us a zoom. And you can see how fast that is going much faster and out of sight without high powered zoom or telescope lense.

My third video -- the one filmed near Yosemite that the videographer could not identify as a rocket -- was not filmed with a zoom lens.

That, too, was probably a rocket, possibly launched from Vandenberg that could be visible from the Yosemite area of Nevada.

EDIT TO ADD:
According to the Vandenberg website:

Lighting Conditions

Lighting conditions have a tremendous effect on launch visibility. Daylight launches are visible for distances from 10 to more than 195 statute miles (16 to more than 314 km) while those at night are often visible for more than 300 statute miles (483 km).

Twilight launches are often the most impressive. If the conditions are right, the Sun is below the observer's horizon and sunlight illuminates the vehicle's contrail and exhaust plume, creating a display visible for distances of several hundred miles.
www.spacearchive.info...

edit on 5/6/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I refute my last statement in that this thread is becoming pointless. Theres nothing wrong with asking questions and I admit alot is to be learned from this thread, I know im certainly learning lots. I think my earlier frustration was due to such a denial of evidence. I can only hope the OP has learned some valuable information in this thread to make more critical judgements on observations of UFO's. I hand it to alot of people here for some very concise and easily understood info being presented. I will star this I think it was a pretty successful thread in its own way.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I only have videos to show as a way of referrence. But I see the point about the rockets and am now on the fense about it. The question that still bothers me is that so many of these have been seen that are not from rocket launches. Or no one has taken responsibility for them being rockets or space launches. If they are rockets then even scientist in the UFO community that say they are not rockets is disturbing because they should know the difference. At least they should be honest, but they make a lot of money on books and sometime I believe is their only goal.

I really appreciate all the work and information that has come out of this thread. I just emailed a friend that works with NASA astronomers for his opinion eventhough it is not his field. He searches for exoplanets. Most of them are so big and cover a large part of the sky and look lower than what a rocket or missile. The videos of Vandenburg do show that they do look just like them, but without a zoom or telescope no one would even notice them. Well Jim, and all of you have put forth enough evidence to show that not all launches are the same. Plus one thing I didn't think of that if it is going into an earth orbit it would be going in that direction.

I hope everyone doesn't consider this a waste of time. Because, I have learned a great deal more than what I knew before this thread. And can except that my premise of it being a UFO is probably wrong. I was out of touch with anything going on in the world for almost 3 years. And had never seen this effect but once in the 2007. It just shows we are never to old to learn something new.

Thank you all for your work. I still believe there are real Alien Craft visiting earth because I know that to be a fact from experience. But Jim and yourself know more about the science than myself, and I believe you are right.
Thanks, And I will be more careful at starting a thread.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
As an addendum to my post above, this website shows how the second and third stages of some rockets launched from Vandenberg could be seen from Nevada, Oregon, and Arizona -- even for rockets that are launched away from those places (scroll about 1/3 of the way down the linked page):

www.spacearchive.info...

edit on 5/6/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Its mostly about how you word things. I think the blunt title really sparked it all but this I think has been a successful thread. One good thing you point out (shows that you can critically observe) is that indeed its all entirely hard to prove anyone's case with any of our videos combined, and in the long run both sides really dont know about every single rocket launch, though some have been made public knowledge. This is inconclusive to both sides. Its all good though cause both sides will still watch the skies.
edit on 6-5-2011 by topherman420 because: went comma crazy

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I only have videos to show as a way of referrence. But I see the point about the rockets and am now on the fense about it. The question that still bothers me is that so many of these have been seen that are not from rocket launches. Or no one has taken responsibility for them being rockets or space launches. If they are rockets then even scientist in the UFO community that say they are not rockets is disturbing because they should know the difference. At least they should be honest, but they make a lot of money on books and sometime I believe is their only goal.

I really appreciate all the work and information that has come out of this thread. I just emailed a friend that works with NASA astronomers for his opinion eventhough it is not his field. He searches for exoplanets. Most of them are so big and cover a large part of the sky and look lower than what a rocket or missile. The videos of Vandenburg do show that they do look just like them, but without a zoom or telescope no one would even notice them. Well Jim, and all of you have put forth enough evidence to show that not all launches are the same. Plus one thing I didn't think of that if it is going into an earth orbit it would be going in that direction.

I hope everyone doesn't consider this a waste of time. Because, I have learned a great deal more than what I knew before this thread. And can except that my premise of it being a UFO is probably wrong. I was out of touch with anything going on in the world for almost 3 years. And had never seen this effect but once in the 2007. It just shows we are never to old to learn something new.

Thank you all for your work. I still believe there are real Alien Craft visiting earth because I know that to be a fact from experience. But Jim and yourself know more about the science than myself, and I believe you are right.
Thanks, And I will be more careful at starting a thread.

Coolottie, you are entitled to believe whatever you want.

That does not make it true. There are lots of people on this site who can prove your beliefs to be in error.

Please think their arguments through. Then reply.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

I agree, There were a lot of people on here that did not believe these to be UFOs. But I surely not alone in the belief that they are not rockets, But, I admit I was mistaken about this. I enjoy the conversation in this thread much more than ever before, because people discuss the subject without name calling etc.
I am a big girl and can admit I was wrong. The question of this is something that I have discussed with many people on Youtube and else where. ATS has a lot of well educated and informed people, and I love to learn all I can and thanks to all of you in this effort on this thread.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Yes, I understand how they do not always go straight out of earth orbit, but they usually burn up all the liquid fuel withing 2 mins, and that this the only thing that would make any kind of tail. Also these are so unusual that. they have only begun to see them in the past few years, but Military, NASA, has been launching these things for over 40 years, and they never started looking like this until lately. Use too the government just let the public think everything is a UFO, and never tried to explain them. But these things they keep saying are rockets or missiles, are showing up in places that have no launch facility need the area. There are videos of launches, the thing going up with high quality film, then suddenly it is edited with something coming down not up and looks like it is filmed with just a phone. We wouldn't even be calling them UFOs if they were normal.

coolottie, boosters sually take about 7 to 9 minutes to exhaust their fuel and reach orbit. This 'two minute;' number is something from your imagination.

Also, the breadth of your own experience is not the sun total of human experience, as you seem to keep assuming.

These rockets have looked this way to ground observers since they were first launched forty- fifty years ago.
In 1966 a rocket from Plesetsk was seen from an airplane and it became the 'Cape Kammenny UFO' sighting -- still on the books as 'unsolved'.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Plus one thing I didn't think of that if it is going into an earth orbit it would be going in that direction.

It launched due eastwards from Plesetsk, and that's the way it was seen going.

Please look at a map.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
To be honest my first thoughts were a rocket launch.
should be easy enough to pin down if you know the date
it was taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join