It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Quick Vote - 73% agree with not releasing Bin Laden photo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ya know...I miss the day of CNN being run by a white guy like Ted Turner. The garbage that runs CNN nowadays is long overdue for the dumpster.
edit on 4-5-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

We?" You were part of the 9/11 comission? What are your credentials then? Maybe you are the right guy to get the evidence for us. What part did you play in the 9/11 comission? I was not part of it. Does that mean it never happened?
reply to post by Sinnthia

I dont; get what you mean or your point that your trying to make.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

We?" You were part of the 9/11 comission? What are your credentials then? Maybe you are the right guy to get the evidence for us. What part did you play in the 9/11 comission? I was not part of it. Does that mean it never happened?

No offense, why don't you two hash out your pissin match in U2U rather than clogging the thread...

edit on 4-5-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You seem to be stuck on the photo.

Actually you seem stuck on the photo. I have asked about 4 times what evidence you want and you have failed to answer.

I am saying once again whatever other evidence besides picture or including pictures show all the evidence, It could be maybe even whatever data was on the computer or the different drives they found..

What other evidence and show it to whom? Show it to you personally? Show it to other government shills you do not trust? Who are they supposed to show what to in order to satisfy your personal need to see evidence for yourself?

All i am saying is showi the world something besides a storyline.

All I am asking is what else do you want and what are you going to do with it if you get it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Were you are were you not part of the 9/11 comission? You say YOU want evidence. So who are you? What can you do with it? Or are you saying you would like another comission of OTHER PEOPLE that you still do not trust to look over the evidence for you and then tell you what they think of it?

I really do not understand you. You say you want evidence but you cannot say what evidence you want or what you would do with it so it seems like you kind of have to trust someone else and you are whining about not trusting someone else. So...what do you want and what are YOU going to do with it?

The 9/11 comission was not a random assortment of ATS posters was it?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
No offense, why don't you two hash out your pissin match in U2U rather than clogging the thread...

No offense but we are actually discussing the topic of the photos being released.
Your post on the other hand....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I say CNN is flat out lying.

Like someone else said curiosity alone makes a greater percentage of people want to see it. Some want to see it for closure, some want to see it out of morbid curiosity, some want to see it so they can believe it.

Im sorry, but CNN is manufacturing consent. Promoting a false sense of what the majority wants to shame the minority into shutting up.

And it would be against the TnC to say what I would like them to do with their fake polls, so use your imagination, and then double it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

How do you know that is true? Is there another survey that contradicts the CNN one?
Sorry to waste this space.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I say CNN is flat out lying.

Certainly you would not just say that because you think it. You must have rock solid data but are saving it for the next post.

Like someone else said curiosity alone makes a greater percentage of people want to see it. Some want to see it for closure, some want to see it out of morbid curiosity, some want to see it so they can believe it.

Im sorry, but CNN is manufacturing consent. Promoting a false sense of what the majority wants to shame the minority into shutting up.

And it would be against the TnC to say what I would like them to do with their fake polls, so use your imagination, and then double it.

I really do not think you understood the poll. It was not a poll of ATS members. It was not a poll of Americans. It was not a poll of people in general. It was specifically a poll of the people that were reading CNN online.

Is it really so hard to imagine that 75% of the people that follow the same online news service might also think in similar fashion about a few things?

Everyone of my friends wants to see the pictures. None of my friends read CNN online.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
We've got a bigger disaster in the south than Katrina.
Radiation from Japan.
Same miserable economic figures.
Falling dollar.
High unemployment.
EPA passing draconian measures.
Gas prices sky rocketing.

And all that is on the news is NO pics, 16 hour delays in making decisions, changing story lines. . . . .

What in the HELL is going on?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Radiation from Japan.
Falling dollar.
High unemployment.

And all that is on the news is NO pics, 16 hour delays in making decisions, changing story lines. . . . .

What is going on is a distraction from all the above you mentioned.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I really do not think you understood the poll. It was not a poll of ATS members. It was not a poll of Americans. It was not a poll of people in general. It was specifically a poll of the people that were reading CNN online.

Is it really so hard to imagine that 75% of the people that follow the same online news service might also think in similar fashion about a few things?

Everyone of my friends wants to see the pictures. None of my friends read CNN online.

CNN Web Analytics

CNN.com is the 16th most-visited site in the United States, with some 20 million unique visitors a day. That is a much larger sample than ANY phone poll that is used to manipulate data. Still they get a skewed result. Even if ALL the visitors were left-leaning, they wouldn't get those ridiculous numbers.

Personally, I use both foxnews.com and cnn.com, in addition to several other news outlets, plus several sites like this. I gather as much information as possible from as many sources as possible, then winnow what I perceive as what is closest to the probable truth. I don't just hit a news site and plunk my money down.

You sure none of your friends visit CNN online? You monitor your friends' internet activities, do ya?

I don't think you're really arguing my point as much as you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Until you really have something useful to argue, I would respectfully ask that you knock it off.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

Originally posted by beezzer
Radiation from Japan.
Falling dollar.
High unemployment.

What is going on is a distraction from all the above you mentioned.

Not so much that, but a prelude of things to come that make all of the above seem like small potatoes. That's why it is important to discuss.

Perhaps you'd rather let this big stinker slide on through and take a swing at the next pitch? Maybe give that one a pass, too, for a sweeter pitch? Maybe you're one of the ones who'd like everyone to ignore this and give Obama a big high five.

It's all relevant.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

CNN Web Analytics

CNN.com is the 16th most-visited site in the United States, with some 20 million unique visitors a day. That is a much larger sample than ANY phone poll that is used to manipulate data.

Yes that is a lot of people. Point? How many people watched the superbowl last year? Am I safe in guessing at least 75% of them all agree they enjoy watching football? Lots of unique people there but they all watch the superbowl for a common reason don't they?

Still they get a skewed result. Even if ALL the visitors were left-leaning, they wouldn't get those ridiculous numbers.

How do you figure? You mean just because you say so or are you saving your data for later? It is fun to just say things and pretend that makes them true isn't it?

Personally, I use both foxnews.com and cnn.com, in addition to several other news outlets, plus several sites like this. I gather as much information as possible from as many sources as possible, then winnow what I perceive as what is closest to the probable truth. I don't just hit a news site and plunk my money down.

That sounds like great personal info either in a thread about info gathering, or polls in general, or if I had asked. This thread is about this one particular poll and how the OP is reacting to it. Read the OP. It says nothing about where do you go for your personal poll results.

You sure none of your friends visit CNN online? You monitor your friends' internet activities, do ya?

The vast majority of my friends do not spend time online at all and the few that do are FOX news fans so I feel pretty safe in this one. Yes, I have friends that do not own a computer or even a television. The real world with real people in it is strange like that.

I don't think you're really arguing my point as much as you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Until you really have something useful to argue, I would respectfully ask that you knock it off.

I do not think you have a point and you have strayed irrevocably off topic to do it so how about you knock it off.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Did you forget that I authored this thread?

Judging from the threads YOU have authored, I would say that you are here with an agenda... aren't ya?

edit on 4-5-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Did you forget that I authored this thread?

Must have been you derailing your own thread with all this off topic nonsense.

Here is your OP.

CNN front page

Scroll down to the "quick vote" section and get ready to be propagandized.

Are you KIDDING me?? People's sense of curiosity alone renders this obviously unscientific poll a load of BS. Are there really that many people who are asleep? I don't think so, not in this case.

This Quick Vote device is routinely used to sway opinion of CNN's website visitors, but this time they've reeeally gone overboard.

Am I wrong??

I managed to stay on topic.

Judging from the threads YOU have authored, I would say that you are here with an agenda... aren't ya?

All 6 of them?
Apparently now I am the topic of this thread?
edit on 5/4/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Your profile speaks volumes. I'm done with your noise.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I do not agree, and I have defended the Obama administration throughout this whole thing.

Release the damn photos.

You have to give us something. The AP has requested the photos under the Freedom of Information Act. I expect that to be denied by 9am tomorrow. If you didn't want to make a big deal out of it, if you didn't want to use his death as a "trophy," then you wouldn't have gone on Prime Time television and bragged to Planet Earth how you shot the guy in the head. You've talked the talk. Now walk the walk.

Release the photos. Period.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Your profile speaks volumes. I'm done with your noise.

Neither me nor my profile seem like the topic either.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I took statistics, thank you very much. And I know exactly how valid those kinds of polls are. They are the absolute worst. But they are done because people who did NOT take statistics will just see "75%" and assume it means of the whole population. Which is why I say they are manufacturing consent.

And they also dont add how many people were paid to click their little poll too. And yes, I DO find it hard to believe that on CNN 75% of Americans are that sheepish.

Our government is paying people to develop software to create fake personas by the handful and YOU find it hard to believe they are paying people to go click polls?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join