It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Quick Vote - 73% agree with not releasing Bin Laden photo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

I dont know any more. Im starting to lean towards letting them shove the pictures where the sun doesnt shine and we just call BS on the whole thing sight unseen.

Im starting to suspect if they are forced to release them they will pull their little false flag and blame it on the "Conspiracy theorists" who forced their hand and use that as an excuse to clamp down on us, and the general public with their proposed "soft target" pat downs and lord knows what else.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Are elected representatives has seen it.

That is good enough for me.

I do not think it should ever be released.

I an getting tired of agreeing with Barry,a person I actually despise.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Polls are stupid and anyone who holds any faith in them are stupid.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
CNN Does manipulate its own poll numbers, i notice that whenever i vote my vote in the poll isnt counted.

and honestly 60290 do not voice or share the same opinion of other 300 Million Americans.

60290 eh? sounds like they could have been CNN own employers that voted.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The only poll(pole) CNN has is up there Anoose. (Compliments of Borat.)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Not that the government is under any duty to show you, me or anyone else any photos or evidence, but the you won't believe it anyway. Heck, they could call a press conference announcing the confirmation that alien life is real and introduce the leader of an alien race, and you would want to know why they are perpetrating this hoax upon the world and what they are trying to distract you from.

It's self fulfulling prophesy every time. Refuse to believe the story, demand proof, get proof, insist that proof is fake, refuse to believe story. Full circle...never ending.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

I seriously don't understand why you had that back and forth with that other member. People like that we should just ignore. They release fake pictures, change their story 4 times, have not one ounce of evidence, and we should be expected to beileve that they killed Osama Bin Laden? I would have skipped past every post he/she posted.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

I am in an organization where we have discussion's with people whom we may disagree with or are from different political idealogical backgrounds. So i thought I could get to the root of what he was trying to say. But yeah in hindsight I should have stopped when stopped making sense. "what are you gonna do personally with the evidence"

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I dont blame you. It not completely pointless to argue against someone who is stumping an opposing point of view. It allows you to counter their argument for those who are undecided. Sure, there are always people who dont need you to make that argument. Those that have already decided on an opposing view for instance, and of course someone who already believes the opposite will look at your effort as a waste of time. But there are others who are undecided, and looking for a way to make a decision, and its not pointless to offer them an opposing view point and the facts to support it.

There is a point at which you are just beating your head against a wall, if you are trying to convince your opponent, especially if it is clear their mind is firmly closed, but countering ridiculous claims is not entirely pointless if it helps someone on the fence see things a different way.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
CNN is notorius for their highly inaccurate polls, they poll who and where they want and expect everyone to believe it like Gospel.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
detroit.cbslocal.com...
80% want to see them here.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Not that the government is under any duty to show you, me or anyone else any photos or evidence,

Except that they are representatives elected by We The People, and they answer to us (or are supposed to). The US Government is supposed to be a government by The People, For The People, so in essence, we should be able to dictate to them what we can and can not see.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Total BS.

93%+ think they should be released:
www.theblaze.com...

80%+ think they should be released:
www.washingtontimes.com...

76%+ think they should be released:
www.foxnews.com...

70%+ think they should be released:
tampabay.momslikeme.com...

67%+ think they should be released:
www.ctnow.com...

58%+ think they should be released:
kearth101.radio.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Judging from comments on the forum, it seems that even if the US gov't released photos of Osama bin Laden's corpse, people would think it was photoshopped anyway.

What I can see happening if they release photos, a spark of hatred from Muslim extremists, and a flood of posts using his image as a joke. I for one do not believe a person should feel happiness from a person being killed, so it makes sense to me to not release the photos.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

And whose fault is that? When you wait 5 days to release something that should have been public information from the get go, and you have changed your story several times in the interim, whose fault exactly is it when people no longer trust you?

You are right people are going to go over those photos with a fine toothed comb. And some may, rightly or wrongly, accuse the Obama administration and related people of manipulating the images. But when you act like you are hiding something, you have no right to accuse people of being irrational for becoming suspicious. SOMEONE passed photo shopped images of "dead Obama in the press early on. Conspiracy theorists were accused, but who knows who circulated those photos. All we know is the MSM either deliberately or stupidly ran them.

But having once found out that photoshopped images of Obama have been spread by supposedly "reliable" media outlets, of course people are going to question any new ones. Its unreasonable to expect otherwise.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Except that they are representatives elected by We The People, and they answer to us (or are supposed to). The US Government is supposed to be a government by The People, For The People, so in essence, we should be able to dictate to them what we can and can not see.

Should I be able to order my congressman to wash my car? How about the president giving me a foot rub? Just what are the limits of what we can force them to do for us?

BTW: Talk to an ex-Navy friend last night about this. He pointed out that after pictures of Saddam's sons went viral and after the pics from Abu Grahb went viral, Violence went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up. He pointed out that each time these kinds of pictures get floated around, the danger facing our soldiers rises exponentially. So he asked this "What kind of selfish ---- would demand photos be released that will put our men and women in more harm just so they could turn around and call the pictures fake? How selfish are these CT nuts? Will any of them be willing to tell a widow that her husband had to die because they do not trust Obama or photos but demanded photos from Obama as a show of good faith so they could call them fake and him a liar?"

Seems pretty logical to me. I know better than to trust photos. You all know better than to trust photos. The photo will be dismissed as fake. Releasing it will not make you trust Obama or photos but could kill more of our men and women. Rock solid reasoning.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Sinnthia

I took statistics, thank you very much.

Hey, good for you. Nothing like an AP high school class to make you an expert.

And I know exactly how valid those kinds of polls are. They are the absolute worst. But they are done because people who did NOT take statistics will just see "75%" and assume it means of the whole population. Which is why I say they are manufacturing consent.

Funny because I learned how to read. I read the poll. If you do not understand that a poll of CNN online viewers is just a poll of CNN online viewers then perhaps statistics was a waste of your time. 75% of the people that respond to a specific poll does not make me think it is a poll of everyone on the planet. It never says anything of the kind.

And they also dont add how many people were paid to click their little poll too. And yes, I DO find it hard to believe that on CNN 75% of Americans are that sheepish.

Sheepish? Is my not wanting to see it sheepish? I see no point. We all know pictures can be faked and we all know you are all just waiting for the chance to do that. So what good would my seeing the picture do? It has nothing to do with being sheepish. I see no point. Putting our soldiers at greater risk so a few conspiracy nuts on ATS can call a picture fake? Seems really pointless to me. Nothing sheepish about that.

Our government is paying people to develop software to create fake personas by the handful and YOU find it hard to believe they are paying people to go click polls?

Are you attempting to argue the idea that I refuted something you never mentioned until this post?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
So he asked this "What kind of selfish ---- would demand photos be released that will put our men and women in more harm just so they could turn around and call the pictures fake? How selfish are these CT nuts? Will any of them be willing to tell a widow that her husband had to die because they do not trust Obama or photos but demanded photos from Obama as a show of good faith so they could call them fake and him a liar?"

Yeah? Well tell your friend that America is a democracy, and that more than just "CT nuts" seem to be asking to see the photos, and remind him that the reason our military personnel are in harms way is not the CT nuts, but the people in our government who think lying to the American people to further their own ends is just fine and dandy. Let him know that the CT nuts would prefer they were safe at home with their wives, husbands and families instead of overseas blowing people up who have done nothing to us.

/ignore.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas

I seriously don't understand why you had that back and forth with that other member. People like that we should just ignore. They release fake pictures, change their story 4 times, have not one ounce of evidence, and we should be expected to beileve that they killed Osama Bin Laden? I would have skipped past every post he/she posted.

Who released fake pictures? See this is the problem right here. Perhaps you should worry about who you respond to. What fake pics were released, when, and by whom? You mean the same fakes people have been passing around for years that the WH never claims to have released? Those?

So, you say they all lie and the pics are fake. So...what do they have to gain by showing them to you? I really do not get it. Are you all going to trust Obama after? No. Are you going to trust the picture? No. Is it going to make it harder for our men and women in the Middle East? Yes. So please someone explain why they should bother and do not say "show of good faith" when you are talking about someone you say you will not trust even after that.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by Vandettas

I am in an organization where we have discussion's with people whom we may disagree with or are from different political idealogical backgrounds. So i thought I could get to the root of what he was trying to say. But yeah in hindsight I should have stopped when stopped making sense. "what are you gonna do personally with the evidence"

Then explain it to me. You say YOU peronally want evidence. Why? What are you going to do with it? This is very simple. If you want it, you must know why. You must know what you plan to do with it that makes wanting it yourself make sense.

Or are you suggesting that someone else look at the evidence for you and tell you what they find?

This is a very simple question based on what you said. Why is it so hard to answer?

Any of you that demand evidence. Just explain what you personally having evidence will do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join