It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Quick Vote - 73% agree with not releasing Bin Laden photo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Yeah? Well tell your friend that America is a democracy,

No, it is a republic. Best to start with the truth, don't you think?

and that more than just "CT nuts" seem to be asking to see the photos,

"seem" being the operative word here.

and remind him that the reason our military personnel are in harms way is not the CT nuts, but the people in our government who think lying to the American people to further their own ends is just fine and dandy.

He never said soldiers were in the ME because of conspiracy nuts. He said that violence against our troops rises when these types of pictures come out. Perhaps you do not understand the difference? Are you really suggesting they should just suck it up and get shot at more becasue they are there already anyway?

Let him know that the CT nuts would prefer they were safe at home with their wives, husbands and families instead of overseas blowing people up who have done nothing to us.

Really? By demanding to see pictures you already decided are fake? How many troops has that brought home so far?

edit on 5/5/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Yeah? Well tell your friend that America is a democracy,

No, it is a republic. Best to start with the truth, don't you think?

When you take issue with the word when the people you cheerlead for use it, you can come school me.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) - President Obama used his weekly internet and radio address to once again call for passage of legislation regarding political advertising.

"[W]e cannot allow the corporate takeover of our democracy," Obama says in the address. "So we’re going to continue to fight for reform and transparency. And I urge all of you to take up the same fight. Let’s challenge every elected official who benefits from these ads to defend this practice or join us in stopping it."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

When you take issue with the word when the people you cheerlead for use it, you can come school me.

Two things here.
1. How do you know I didn't already slam Obama for that? Because I did not tell you about it?
2. When was I in a forum, directly engaging with Obama that he said that to me?

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join