It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bad news from nasa: proof that comet elenin is affecting earth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Amateurs ARE seeing it.
In some other thread I posted pictures taken by backyard telescopes.

Then why cant anyone tell what size it is then?

I think these "amateurs" you are referring to are only seeing what they want to see. I can take a picture that ends up fuzzy and say it is anything I want, but that does not make it fact without all the rest of the supporting calculations.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

That's the closest that the comet gets to Earth, using his same logic and link.

Not sure that is close enough to worry about. Yet.

Sorry, one edit. I worked on a campus for several years. Trust me, just because someone is a "Dr." does NOT mean that they are smart, nor does it mean that they have even the most basic common sense.

edit on 4-5-2011 by matadoor because: Left something out

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Then why cant anyone tell what size it is then?

I think these "amateurs" you are referring to are only seeing what they want to see. I can take a picture that ends up fuzzy and say it is anything I want, but that does not make it fact without all the rest of the supporting calculations.

1. Astronomers CAN tell what size it is. Its only doomsday nutters that are continuing to go around saying the world will be destroyed by this huge death star.
2. So what you're saying is that although you know absolutely nothing about the topic whatsover, you're going to say that all of the multitudes of amateur astronomers who can go out to their backyards RIGHT NOW and see Elenin... are wrong.

edit on 4-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSecretAgent

my question is ok there no star coming near earth but where this idea has born that elenin is a brown dwarf?because you say this not possible but why people talk about it... i have this expression i like, there no smoke without fire... personaly a brown dawrf, an ufo or a wathever i'm ok
by the way
- Portable Camera with video recording function. check
- Camera Phone check
- Map of the area (OS or Road map) check
- Pen and Notebook check

in case if elenin is a big UFO

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

IMO, I believe the idea that Elenin is a Brown Dwarf was jumped on by the "2012 doomsdayers". And basic science will demonstrate that anything that massive (4 times the mass of jupiter) as close as elenin is right now, would have already ripped our solar system to bits.

Lovin that your have all the kit check off!

Just check the time on my phone and as the screen lit up it said "2012" We're all dooooomed!!!!!

edit on 4/5/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSecretAgent
reply to post by pitchdragon

IMO, I believe the idea that Elenin is a Brown Dwarf was jumped on by the "2012 doomsdayers". And basic science will demonstrate that anything that massive (4 times the mass of jupiter) as close as elenin is right now, would have already ripped our solar system to bits.

Lovin that your have all the kit check off!

Yeah I personally believe it started off as a counter argument that took off as a theory. One question I saw alot of on sites oriented toward this was "Why cant everyone see it if its that close and big etc." The theory of a brown dwarf was tooted. This never followed well since the mass of a brown dwarf i think would be so evident and affecting every other planets orbit significantly....which would be still noticeable by even amateur astronbomers here on earth. But it seems the theory is still clinging on for dear life for some reason.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by kolcath

Good find....The thing that sucks with finding out information like this is, the powers that be will not let anyone know until it actually hits!! Nobody will be granted any type of warning....That is why I love this site...Keep us posted...

Couldn't you consider this post a warning of sorts? I mean it is far from being sure, but it is at least a "heads up".

There have been surprising developments this year that have even kept the scientists hopping.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I can't WAIT until December 2012 is here.....and life goes on as normal. This dude is selling books or something else most likely. I'm sure that once 2012 passes though, the doomers will simply pick a new date...because....."our calculations were off".

edit on 5/4/2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Here HERE!!

I was working during the Y2K debacle, and was very pleased to show my friends that yes, in fact, the world is moving on.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
We've got threads on this currently running.

1. The news is NOT fram NASA. They have nothing to do with it.

2. Somebody has noticed that three earthquakes (BUT not the three worst in the last year) can be matched somewhat roughly to "alignments" of comet Elenin.

3. Therefore, it must be THE CAUSE.

Logic isnt the strong point here.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ideas of purifying the future are based on
many not preparing for this.

Good.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Yes I have a thread and the Mods - quite rightly directed me to this one. Are you saying when a new article comes out that members shouldn't be allowed to read it? The article does have some statements like "Perhaps" and ifs and "there is a possibility" but aren't we all wondering just the same.

I have great reservations here but believe that those who are interested should not be denied the opportunity to see new articles and discuss just as they do all the other topics on ATS.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

edit on 5/4/2011 by jiggerj because: Made a mess and deleted

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSecretAgent

Actually, a belief of elenin being an object which is orbiting around a dwarf star, is the theory, I believe. The comet, is inconsequential.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Yes.....and remember many people thought the world would end in 2000 too......I know people who actually sold thier homes because they believed that! Even music was about it....remember Prince had that song 1999?
I don't think any of it is true. Even if it were, there is not much we could do about it....

To the OP.....I am in no way dissing your post...I'm always interested in these kind of things. I just don't think there is anything to worry about just yet.

they say 2 0 0 0 parties over it's outta time
so tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999

edit on 5/4/2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor
reply to post by kolcath

That's the closest that the comet gets to Earth, using his same logic and link.

Not sure that is close enough to worry about. Yet.

Sorry, one edit. I worked on a campus for several years. Trust me, just because someone is a "Dr." does NOT mean that they are smart, nor does it mean that they have even the most basic common sense.

edit on 4-5-2011 by matadoor because: Left something out

So what happens when we go through the tail?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's a comet.

It's verified to be approximately 4km in diameter but its tail (or coma) will be hundreds of thousands of km in length as the Sun heats it up.

Comets consist of mainly ice & a bit of dust.

They have no magnetic field, being made of water.

The tail is essentially water vapour.

The earth will not pass through the tail.

At its closest pass to the Earth, it will be 21 million miles away.

So it can't have any magnetic, electrostatic or gravitational effect on the Earth at all.

NASA concurs with all the facts stated above.

I suggest you all run around in circles, with your hands above your head, shouting OMG!

(At least you will get some good excercise instead of sitting at the computer all day reading BS).

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There is a lot of distracting disinformation going on in this thread right now. Please read the article and watch the video's on the article, not just the first one. The dis info crew is at work here as you can see in the thread with questions like 'comets have come closer to earth before' yes thats true just like someone can throw a pea past you, or someone can throw a car past you - i think you'll notice one a little more then the other....

Read the article people. Watch the video's. Use your common sense - YOUR common sense. Don't waste your time trying to reply to people that are obviously so brainwashed on fluoride they are a lost cause, or the ones who are here on a mission to distract you.

FEMA practice going on right now. Is it because the army is going to impose martial law and put us all into FEMA camps, kill us, and enslave us, all for the NWO, and make Canada, USA, and Mexico into the same country? Sure that's a distraction. In fact it's meant to BE a distraction.

Same with the Obama/Osama stuff saturating the world media right now - is he dead? he's not dead! hoax! is Obama and Osama the same person? and so forth...

Funny how the media isn't reporting FEMA is doing the largest homeland security exercise is US history - and actually it's probably the biggest homeland security exercise in modern day history. But just in case you catch on then there is the are they going to set off the Madrid Fault line distraction? Is this the beginning of NWO? Yes it is! and so on....

Honestly do you really think the elite of the world would go threw all these elaborate stringed events for their NWO - No. If they don't care about the people they would just nuke them. If I was that evil I would, and so would you. It's common sense. Why waste my time, just kill them, that is what the common sense answer is.

But still there is the theme of the NWO. Doesn't it make sense that instead of the becoming a micro-chip implanted, slave, holocaust society, and prison camps that the NWO is in fact going to be the NEW WORLD order after something bad happens.

Why is FEMA doing this practice? Why did they order over a billion dollars just in Feb, on top of what they already had, to stockpile 'in case of a disaster'? dehydrated food still has an expiry date on it you know, and thats a lot of money to spend why the USA doesn't really have any to spend...

Read the article. Look at ancient pictures. It's all falling into place now. This has happened before, and it's happening now. The dis info-distraction is on it's highest level imaginable right now. Look at ancient history and READ their words. Just look at the pictures. It is common sense.

Why would NASA name something ELE? Just for fun to screw with the people? Or because they were that 'stupid' and didn't even think of the connection?-NO. Just watch the video's. I have nothing more to say, and I am not going to argue with anyone here. When you put it all together, and I mean ALL as in HISTORY, It's common sense.

The best advise I can give you is 'The truth is in the pictures'. I actually heard that is a NASA video, and then something came into view I never saw before in a NASA picture I thought 'you son of a b.....'. He knew exactly what he was saying...

Go look at the pictures. I don't have to tell you where to look because the evidence is everywhere. The truth is in the pictures....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
were doooooooomed lol nah im sure we can pull through i got secrets

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
is it going to hit us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join