It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bad news from nasa: proof that comet elenin is affecting earth.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What I wonder about with this comet wading through our solar system, regardless of any hanger's on behind it, is in lay terms, doesn't our system have rather a delicate balance with where each planet orbits. The outer ones have huge distances between each orbit (Not mentioning Neptune who likes to wander a bit)

Surely the closer in towards the sun, the tighter Mercury, Venus and Earth orbits are. Is it possible that earth may be fine, but what if Elenin exerts a stronger pull on Venus or Mercury and shifter their orbits slightly. Wouldn't that effect things like the earth's wobble, it could cause chaos.

We know something odd has happened in the past because Uranus spins on its side, and Venus, contrary to the rest of the planets spins in the wrong direction way - or not the same direction the other planets spin in.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Thank you for such an informative post, getting Comet Elenen into perspective and putting my mind at rest.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX

Originally posted by ATSecretAgent
tell me why Elenin is so special.

because it's called elenin; + add the first name leonid (meteor shower from leo constellation and elenin will appear from leo)

we don't have to deal with such "coincidences" when it is halley or those thousand other objects...

Dear god. *facepalm*

Firstly, Leonid is NOT the name of the comet. Leonid is the name of the Russian astronomer that discovered it, Leonid Elenin.

Secondly, the comet had absolutely nothing to do with the Leonid meteor shower. In fact, its closest approach flyby is a full month nearly to the day before the Leonids peak in November.

Thirdly, it did not come out the constellation of Leo. So, yeah, sorry there are no "coincidences" that we "have to deal with" regarding this little and relatively insignificant comet outside of the incredibly ignorant fairy tales that are continuously being created daily both here and GLP.
edit on 5/5/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck

because it's called elenin; + add the first name leonid (meteor shower from leo constellation and elenin will appear from leo)

we don't have to deal with such "coincidences" when it is halley or those thousand other objects...

Dear god. *facepalm*
Firstly, Leonid is NOT the name of the comet. Leonid is the name of the Russian astronomer that discovered it, Leonid Elenin.

Secondly, the comet had absolutely nothing to do with the Leonid meteor shower. In fact, its closest approach flyby is a full month nearly to the day before the Leonids peak in November.

Thirdly, it did not come out the constellation of Leo. So, yeah, sorry there are no "coincidences" that we "have to deal with" regarding this little and relatively insignificant comet outside of the incredibly ignorant fairy tales that are continuously being created daily both here and GLP.

Seconding you *facepalm*.

To all those that have questions along the lines of "what if...?" I suggest you do a little research and science. Also, any researcher or scientist worth their salt will always look for data to try and debunk their own theories.

I'm officially abandoning any posts to do with this comet now.

edit on 5/5/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

2. Somebody has noticed that three earthquakes (BUT not the three worst in the last year) can be matched somewhat roughly to "alignments" of comet Elenin.
Wait a minute...I found it highly intriguing how that girl managed to predict the Japan Earthquake by looking at the alignments of comet Elenin...and your telling me there are two more matches? How can you think the logic here is weak? Seems like a pretty significant "coincidence" to me...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...

Funny...the death of obl is news news news but the death of millions, maybe billions, is nothing of interest to msm.
what else are they keeping from us?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

The info you posted is not from NASA nor is there any links to NASA info. If you are going to start the thread with a title implying NASA data then please include it or links to it. Otherwise this is yet another of the myriad of interpration threads with the usual doom and gloom conclusions!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Oh dear, this thread is almost as unintentionally hilarious as the "NIBIRU SPOTTED!!!!" thread from a few days ago (www.abovetopsecret.com...)

It's just fearmongering and sensationalism, with no credible scientific evidence to back it up. On the other hand, here's a scientifically plausible reply straight from NASA, posted by ATS user tomten: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I guess I'm just a sheeple! I actually choose to believe NASA instead of a random person or video on the internet. How dare I.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

he's not a real person you idiot.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun

And neither are they myriad of "beliefs" surrounding this damn comet. And i won't even stoop to calling you a name.
Carry on.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
To all ATSers that are concerned about the existence of Leonid Elenin/Elenin Comet/Nibiru

Originally posted by loagun

Some people here on ATS seems not believe Leonid Elenin is a true person. Here is the site where he posts news about the comet he discovered: (its in russian, but I use the google translate tool)

LeonidOS

I spent some time reading replies about some questions(I quote) you may think interisting too:

amy:
Март 18, 2011 в 09:36 March 18, 2011 at 09:36
Somebody please tell me what it means that Elenin seems to be moving under «Intelligent Control». Somebody please tell me what it means that Elenin seems to be moving under «Intelligent Control». Also what will happen if the coma of Elenin reaches the size of Holmes? Also what will happen if the coma of Elenin reaches the size of Holmes? I read on MSNBC website that you said the nucleus of Elenin appeared similar to that of Holmes. I read on MSNBC website that you said the nucleus of Elenin appeared similar to that of Holmes. Please advise me on this. Please advise me on this. Thank you. Thank you.

LeonidOS:
Март 18, 2011 в 11:22 March 18, 2011 at 11:22 am
About «Intelligent Control» … we have many crazy people. About «Intelligent Control» ... we have many crazy people. And they still invent more crazy theories. And they still invent more crazy theories.

About comet 17P/Holmes. About comet 17P/Holmes. After explosive, coma was expanded to million kilometers. After explosive, coma was expanded to million kilometers. My comet will pass at 34 000 000 from the Earth. My comet will pass at 34 million from the Earth.
Also we can't predict what nucleus of my comet will be explode such nucleus of comet Holmes. Also we can't predict what nucleus of my comet will be explode such nucleus of comet Holmes.

amy:
Март 19, 2011 в 00:16 March 19, 2011 at 00:16
Leonid, Leonid,
Thanks for the response. Thanks for the response. I found on MSNBC where you said «I saw an excellent inner coma, which looks like the mini-version of the 17P/Holmes comet after its powerful outburst in 2007,» Elenin told me in an e-mail. I found on MSNBC where you said «I saw an excellent inner coma, which looks like the mini-version of the 17P/Holmes comet after its powerful outburst in 2007,» Elenin told me in an e-mail.

My question is what can you say are the similarities between Comet Holmes and Comet Elenin? My question is what can you say are the similarities between Comet Holmes and Comet Elenin?

and and

If Elenin explodes as Holmes did, Elenin is much closer and may present a danger to earth, do you agree? If Elenin explodes as Holmes did, Elenin is much closer and may present a danger to earth, do you agree?

Thank you. Thank you.

LeonidOS:
Март 19, 2011 в 00:31 March 19, 2011 at 00:31
Hi Amy, Hi Amy,

How you can see I'ma real person How you can see I'ma real person

17P and C/2010 X1 may similar by nucleus diameter (17P D~3.4 km) but this comets absolutely different. 17P and C/2010 X1 may similar by nucleus diameter (17P D ~ 3.4 km) but this comets absolutely different. 17P is old, short-period Jupiter family comet. 17P is old, short-period Jupiter family comet. My comet is «new», they not exhaust volatile as 17P. My comet is «new», they not exhaust volatile as 17P. My comet more dusty and gaseous. My comet more dusty and gaseous.

As I wrote in previous post, coma of comet Holmes expanded to ~1 million kilometers in diameter after explosion. As I wrote in previous post, coma of comet Holmes expanded to ~ 1 million kilometers in diameter after explosion. My comet will pass at 34 millions km from the Earth. My comet will pass at 34 millions km from the Earth. So this is not dangerous for us. So this is not dangerous for us.

And there is a lot of good information written by Leonid Elenin about the comet there.

So, I think he is a real person, unless someone is pretending to be him, which is also possible, but unlikely.

On thing I dont understand is HOW a 3-4 Km in diameter object produces a coma 900,000km size for months as it approaches the sun and 6 months from perihelion?

The length of the tail of a comet Elenina exceeded 900,000 km

Link

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Where is the evidence? I can't see any, just a lot of idle fearmongering.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This will be my first post on ATS ive used the site for quite a while now just as a guest viewing random threads. Ive seen so many of these Elenin/Nibiru kind of threads and im at a point now where im sick of reading new stuff about it as it mostly comes from dubious sources. I have the equipment at home to check this out for myself. So if anyone has info of where it is in the sky day or night i can hook up my telescope and slr and see if i can see anythinv at all. Ive read things saying it can only been seen during the day and with all the chemtrailing going on its really hagd to find. So if anyone can give me coordinates or where and when to look for this id be more than happy to spend time lookking for it.

Note: Im using ATS only on my mobile and its a pain to type so apologies for spelling etc.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

I wasn't referring to Y2k thing only.....in the 90's, a lot of people thought 2000 would be the end of the world....they said the "Bible Code" predicted it etc etc.....some people also thought a comet was coming too.....here's something on it www.apfn.org...
www.abhota.info...
edit on 5/5/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck

Dear god. *facepalm*

Seconding you *facepalm*.

To all those that have questions along the lines of "what if...?" I suggest you do a little research and science. Also, any researcher or scientist worth their salt will always look for data to try and debunk their own theories.

I'm officially abandoning any posts to do with this comet now.

edit on 5/5/2011 by ATSecretAgent because: (no reason given)
good! because every thread that ive looked at concering this topic your always there either sniping,derailing,insulting and or just plain rude. you also come across as a know it all and if you are... enlighten us, or at least contribute something positive. no wonder some people dont like posting here anymore most are frightend to, less they get hackled at or verbally abused. what is happening to this site! manners are free friend.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
[quote

But I guess I'm just a sheeple! I actually choose to believe NASA instead of a random person or video on the internet. How dare I. you said it friend
incidently i wouldnt trust nasa with my grandma.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I am sorry but where is the proof that he is real? That is like me making up a Tumblr blog and going like this.

For all those concerned about Comet Elenin not hitting the Earth this fall here is the Comets Official Blog:

Monday May 5: Hello Earth there seems to be some confusion about the trajectory of my pathway. All I can say that while some of you may die, I won't be killing all of you. Take Care
)

edit on 5-5-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
this is crazy, the guy is a health expert, not a aerospace expert, not an astronomy expert. He does not site a source besides "NASA".

Also recently they have tracted Hale Bopp comet, and viewed it in a telescope, which is 30 AU from us, and your telling me they can't see a comet that is 2 AU from us? come on.

Hale-Bopp, the most dazzling comet to grace our skies in the 20th Century, has drifted beyond the orbit of Neptune, over 30 AU from the sun (1AU = one sun-Earth distance).

Curious astronomers from Hungarian, U.S. and Australian research institutions decided to track the icy vagabond as it continued its outward journey on an epic 2,500 year orbit.

Source

I am sure that if we can see a comet at 30 AU, we can see the closer Elenin. If it was a Planet, a Star, or something else, even Amatuer Astronomers would be able to tell.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythos13
this is crazy, the guy is a health expert, not a aerospace expert, not an astronomy expert. He does not site a source besides "NASA".

Also recently they have tracted Hale Bopp comet, and viewed it in a telescope, which is 30 AU from us, and your telling me they can't see a comet that is 2 AU from us? come on.

Hale-Bopp, the most dazzling comet to grace our skies in the 20th Century, has drifted beyond the orbit of Neptune, over 30 AU from the sun (1AU = one sun-Earth distance).

Curious astronomers from Hungarian, U.S. and Australian research institutions decided to track the icy vagabond as it continued its outward journey on an epic 2,500 year orbit.

Source

I am sure that if we can see a comet at 30 AU, we can see the closer Elenin. If it was a Planet, a Star, or something else, even Amatuer Astronomers would be able to tell.

That question gets avoided EVERY TIME! And when it does get answered its always "its cuz its invisible comet guyz lol"

no seriously..... If this thing is SO close, we'd be able to see it during the day by now..... if not (because im not a natural health expert
) I know that a 100$ telescope from walmart would be able to see it by now...

so wheres the sauce?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join