It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bad news from nasa: proof that comet elenin is affecting earth.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

I can not find a reliable expert source yet stating the actual size of the comet, not the coma. If you have a source that we do not know about, then please share. Even Leonid Elenin theorizes its about 4km, but that is just a guess.

i would also like to know which information you think is crap, and why.
edit on 5/6/2011 by Mythos13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

All I will say is this... We Know the future of the Morlock's... yes..in the short story "The Time Machine"
it was the Morlock's that became pasty white ghosts , cuz they hid underground.. perhaps this was why..( I know its a story).. but consider this... All the Amazing stuff H.G. Wells envisioned.. maybe after-all this was a warning to the elite... who cowered and hid away in Deep Underground Military Bases..
We will rebuild.. we will stick together.. those that survive on the surface..(if it actually does happen) Will band together and SURVIVE.. and never forget those that ran and hid.. leaving the rest of us to die... we will never allow them to come back to the surface... Have you ever seen Mountains melt Like wax...
Late September and this Elenin event.... coincide with Yom Kippor.. the the Day of Atonement and Judgment that comes at a day and hour no man knows... now.. this might be a little too late for a crash course in Judaism... we might have 4 months to get our stuff together and make sure on that week.. to be prepared to get out of populated cities and head for the hills..
consider all the survival shows we had seen on TV.. and shows like LOST.. these were clues for us to utilize and take notes of how to make the best of crap..
Well will have more clues later in the year if this is for real or not.. by the summer we should be able to see it with infrared if it really close and if it a dwarf star,, and if not... then keep living.. and keep fighting the good fight for truth and freedom =)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ntzeret

Remember that the Time Machine was published 1 year before radioactivity was discovered. In the book the time traveler goes to the "end of time" when the Sun is red and dying. That is 35 million years into the future. Things have certainly changed since the book was written.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Hello, another source in this site mention October for the due date.. so that possibly eliminates my September yom Kippur connection... just as-well... if it real and we got a few more weeks then good..
I'm reminded of "the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" i need my towel
perhaps this object is a cosmic wrecking-ball.. I'm mentioning this cuz there have been some speculations of alien craft behind the "ELENIN object"
like i mentioned before.. doesn't hurt to be prepared... And I did remember that the story took place WAY in the future.... in any event.. we could all use a little uplifting and motivation... As for me.. If I see Space ships starting to land.. hoax or real. (hard to tell our stuff from the ET). or i see meteors fall from the sky .... I already know where I'm gonna try to go.. and you should all start to consider the possibility that this is indeed real and begin to get supplies...make alliances and gather how to books on Survival, and hunting..camping.. what plants not to eat and store tools like hammers, axes... matches.. toilet paper..shampoos... tooth brushes and toothpastes.. antiseptics.. flashlights and batteries.. lots of batteries and hit up youtube for howto's of making things like batteries.. electric engines and stable structures and shelters out of stuff.. might wanna stock up on stuff you'll miss if mass production ends.. like ,... BEER!!!.. .. did u know u can make drinks super cold by swimming them in a solution of icewater with SALT..lol... the salt makes the ice water forget about the second law of thermal dynamics.. in 2 minutes.. u will have slightly above freezing drinks =) =) =) .....i been saving seeds from my plants forever.. i planted apple trees that are about a year old from the seeds i found in APPLES... lol.. i been saving the lettuces and other veggies i plant every year from a large batch of seeds i bought 8 years ago that i keep in my freezer.. in the spring i use a few of them and i keep a plant or two i don't eat to make more seeds for me... I severely dislike Monsanto... no one will ever tell me what i can grow to eat... and If my family and I have to pretend to be cavemen while everything blows up... so be it.. think of how nice it will be after it over and we ..(those that thought ahead) got the chance to rebuild...
i got sheets for togas lol.. and i gonna head somewhere nice.. no more snow... and perhaps if this thing causes a poleshift.. i might be in the new equator.... but i would guess that .. worst case scenario.. we have huge poleshift.. stuck behind large comet tail for a few months and get pummeled by meteors.. perhaps thrown out into a closer. or farther orbit from the sun.. perhaps we loose our moon.. or maybe it gets knocked into the earth
..we are given one life... now is the only thing important... forget about worrying and prepare yourselves... Its most likely gonna be us left cuz we "paranoid" people were the only ones paying attention while everyone else partied.. so we .. as in us here in this forum should learn to get along with each other and in the event all hells breaks loose.. WE stick together..
peace

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

Q: (L) Who were the Annunaki?

A: Aliens.

Q: (L) Where were they from?

A: Zeta Reticuli.

Q: (L) Do they come here every time the comet cluster is approaching to sap the souls energy created by the fear, chaos and so forth?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) The two events are loosely interrelated?

Q: (L) Is that why they are here now?

A: Close.

Q: (L) Is there a large fleet of space-ships riding a wave, so to speak, approaching our planet?

Q: (L) Where are these ships from?

A: Zeta Reticuli.

Q: (L) When will they arrive?

A: 1 month to 18 years.

The Wave

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ntzeret

i see meteors fall from the sky

Did you know that thousands of fireballs fall to Earth each day. A fireball is a really big meteor. Thousands a day! The best I ever saw cast shadows while I was at South Padre Island one February night. It lit up the area.

and you should all start to consider the possibility that this is indeed real and begin to get supplies.

Why waste your time and effort on a hoax? Did you prepare for the 3 different disasters of 2000? Or did you prepare for the disasters of 2001, 2003, or 2007? End of the world and disaster claims are a dime a dozen.

the salt makes the ice water forget about the second law of thermal dynamics

That's not what happens. Take the time to learn how this works it might be useful to you someday.

I severely dislike Monsanto

Here's a plug for a place I am not associated with: Seeds for Change. Look up places that sell organic or heirloom seeds.

we have huge poleshift

Pole shifts have never happened as described by Hancock or Hapgoode. The best known rapid change in poles was 800Ma and took 15My to complete. The poles shifted at a rapid 1 meter a year.

stuck behind large comet tail for a few months

That's not a possibility. Besides we get pummeled by meteor showers many times a year.

perhaps thrown out into a closer. or farther orbit from the sun.. perhaps we loose our moon.. or maybe it gets knocked into the earth

There are no large unknown masses in the solar system that could do this. There is nothing even as large as Earth out 8X the distance to Pluto and nothing as large as Jupiter out 50X the distance to Pluto. So none of these are possible events.

You've listed a lot of unimportant issues other than eating well. That's a good way to expend your efforts rather than preparing for hoaxes.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's embarrassing to think that our superiors would hide this information. It truly is a shame that something terrible might happen and most people won't know until the very end. Thanks

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am going to go with the theory that we are all going to die from this comet. I can use this impending doom to lure women to my home for sex. Too bad there is no proof.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by ntzeret

and you should all start to consider the possibility that this is indeed real and begin to get supplies.

Why waste your time and effort on a hoax? Did you prepare for the 3 different disasters of 2000? Or did you prepare for the disasters of 2001, 2003, or 2007? End of the world and disaster claims are a dime a dozen.

There are no large unknown masses in the solar system that could do this. There is nothing even as large as Earth out 8X the distance to Pluto and nothing as large as Jupiter out 50X the distance to Pluto. So none of these are possible events.

You've listed a lot of unimportant issues other than eating well. That's a good way to expend your efforts rather than preparing for hoaxes.

Contrary to what Stereologist would like people to believe, the current threats to the planet and survival of billions many are concerned about, is unlike any of the concerns/threats in 2001, 2003, or 2007 etc, let alone any other age or period in modern history.

So for all those who might be fooled by the OPINIONS of Stereologist that there's no evidence whatsoever to support the arguments put forth especially in this case, should watch this presentation which was created to warn of exactly these types of ultra-skeptics on the net:

The issue surrounding Elenin's sun/earth alignments for starters, has yet to be conclusively disproven that there's no logical basis and zero evidence for the hypothesis/theory; failure to do so, only supports my entire premise above.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I am going to go with the theory that we are all going to die from this comet. I can use this impending doom to lure women to my home for sex. Too bad there is no proof.

effin hilarious dude.

I gotta say you do have the best outlook on how to turn around all the doom and gloom!

Yeah Dawg

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111

Contrary to what Stereologist would like people to believe, the current threats to the planet and survival of billions many are concerned about, is unlike any of the concerns/threats in 2001, 2003, or 2007 etc, let alone any other age or period in modern history.

This is just more fear mongering nonsense. It was nonsense in all f the listed years and the hoax of 2012 is no different. There have been hundreds of these doom and gloom claims. There will be more in the future since fear mongering is a way of obtaining money.

So for all those who might be fooled by the OPINIONS of Stereologist that there's no evidence whatsoever to support the arguments put forth especially in this case, should watch this presentation which was created to warn of exactly these types of ultra-skeptics on the net

You are a person posting opinion. I have shown with evidence that the claims of 2012 are hoaxes and in most cases really, really pathetic hoaxes.

The issue surrounding Elenin's sun/earth alignments for starters, has yet to be conclusively disproven that there's no logical basis and zero evidence for the hypothesis/theory; failure to do so, only supports my entire premise above.

There is no need to provide proof against. That is the logical fallacy of proving a universal negative. NO. The issue is that the alignments are fakes.

It is up to the supporters of this claim to show that there was an alignment by showing that there was actually alignment by showing the 3 points in a line, not that a projection of 3 points forms a rough line.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

should watch this presentation which was created to warn of exactly these types of ultra-skeptics on the net:

What a pathetic excuse for a video.

I love the tips at the end. They are as meaningless as all of the rest.

What I do notice here is that no effort was made to state anything other than to attack me. I offer evidence for and against various issues and all you do is whine to others than they should not pay attention to my evidence.

Take the time to examine the evidence or be prepared to support your position.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

=) hello again.. Did it take a few million years for Japan to move 9 feet closer to the USof A.. nope one crazy high magnitude Earthquake... and it supposedly shifted the axis of the planet a little.. So, what do you think will happen if a huge celestial object makes a swift flyby... This event might cause land-tides.. waves on land =(.. and this has nothing to do with 2012,, because supposedly its coming sooner....
I recognize the voice in that video from the Hollywood insiders youtube series... lol

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ntzeret

I'm just going to make a very rough calculation here. F=GMM/r^2

(6.67x10^-11)(5.9x10^24)(2.0x10^13)/3.49x10^10)^2 = 6464370 N

I'm giving Elenin that mass by making the gross assumption that it is a sphere with an average density of 600kg/m3. I think it's decent as it is similar to the estimated masses of other comet nuclei. Pulling off all the other info from wikipedia. So that's a dumb downed representation of how much force the Earth and Elenin will exert on each other at its closest point.

How much would this accelerate the Earth toward Elenin? Newton's Second Law says about 1.09x10^-18 or 0.00000000000000000109 meters per second. Elenin isn't really going to do much in terms of its physical pull. It's huge to us. But Earth is "huger" to it.

And according to Wiki it's apparently 0.2 AU away from us? Isn't Apophis supposed to be a lot closer? I don't get what the fuss is about this one.

I refuse to delve into arguments about alignments, magnetic influences, and whatever else people think a comet will do to the Earth. It's enough to say that, as is, Elenin won't be causing any earthquakes or poleshifts.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Id like to see some hard evidence to this theory! thread after thread all you people say NASA this NASA that. well NASA has actually released coordinates and measurments of this commets trajectory, im not saying they have given us the full truth but at least its sumthing to go on. Is anyone going to back up any claims that Elenin may collide with earth? or even the space station? or if its even going to be close enough to see???

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ntzeret

=) hello again.. Did it take a few million years for Japan to move 9 feet closer to the USof A.. nope one crazy high magnitude Earthquake... and it supposedly shifted the axis of the planet a little.. So, what do you think will happen if a huge celestial object makes a swift flyby... This event might cause land-tides.. waves on land =(.. and this has nothing to do with 2012,, because supposedly its coming sooner....

Japan did not move. It was a single ground position. What probably happened was that a small portion of the country of Japan moved. Check the tectonic maps. Japan lies on 3 or more plates: North American, Euasian, and Phillipine plates.

The Moon is nearby and is associated with a few rare low energy types of quakes.The Sun is not correlated with quakes at this time. So why do you think any flyby would cause any geological changes on Earth?

Besides there are no unknown large masses in the solar system within a sphere 50X the distance to Pluto. So nothing is coming sooner.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join