It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bad news from nasa: proof that comet elenin is affecting earth.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
He goes on to say:
“We have an incoming mass (what might possibly be a neutron star)”

A neutron Star...ok...

According to this:
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

A neutron star is about 20 km in diameter and has the mass of about 1.4 times that of our Sun. This means that a neutron star is so dense that on Earth, one teaspoonful would weigh a billion tons! Because of its small size and high density, a neutron star possesses a surface gravitational field about 2 x 1011 times that of Earth. Neutron stars can also have magnetic fields a million times stronger than the strongest magnetic fields produced on Earth.

So I think if there was a neutron star in the solar system, we would know it. Or we’d all be dead. Take your pick. And it wouldn’t matter if there was an alignment or not. I don’t think astronomy is the Doctor’s strong suit.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thank you for posting OP I have been sort of following this comet and I don't think its any more special then any other comet buzzing by. But what I did find interesting is the Navy is tracking its trajectory in conjunction with 2 other object which have a regular orbit with in our solar system. Stereo B (their labeling) orbit may cross the path of C/2010 X1 (Elenin) and give us a light show starting July 30th "ish" give or take a day.

So I will be looking to the heavens on and around this day for hopefully some freaky happenings.

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

Enjoy

Rhain

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSecretAgent
tell me why Elenin is so special.

because it's called elenin; + add the first name leonid (meteor shower from leo constellation and elenin will appear from leo)

we don't have to deal with such "coincidences" when it is halley or those thousand other objects...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sun Newspaper (UK) widely read but not known for it's accuracy: reporting same.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Cole here. I think you all should take a read to this post today:

science.niuz.biz...

According to this article, they believe it won't come that close and it's not even that big of a comet. I beg to differ. From what I know, this is no joke and most people are not taking this seriously. I am brand new to your forum here so please excuse my formating.

Remember, things aren't always what they seem. (Macbeth)
edit on 4-5-2011 by ZER0C00L2012 because: URL correction

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The earth is about 4.55 billion years old. The chances of it being distroyed anytime soon is extremely slim. It would be like winning a world wide lottery jackpot. Reading all these 2012 predictions is embarrassing enough.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZER0C00L2012

i don't know about the relevance of your article : there is no proof that comets are made of ice;

but all the paper is based on that hypothesis.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
ok so can someone explain me this www.abovetopsecret.com... the vid of this post is related to this?? because all i see in that video is "nibiru" being really far from earth.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
ok so can someone explain me this www.abovetopsecret.com... the vid of this post is related to this?? because all i see in that video is "nibiru" being really far from earth.

That video was made with Universe Sandbox and has really no valid point other then pointing out the fact that anyone can get the program and make a similar orbital simulation.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

this is a completely different object if you read the article. yes this object exists and yes it gets hella close compared to a lot of other objects flying around out there. this one as the article said has an approximate 14year orbit and i believe its "name" is YU55.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I am losing a lot of sleep over other things going on in the world -
I won't worry about this one until I hear a report directly from NASA.
This for now is just internet here say.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XmikaX

We have examined many comets with all sorts of instruments.

We have even put spacecraft through the tail of a a couple of comets (link).

They are ice.

edit on 5/5/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
only good thing is if that comet hits we'll be dead before we realize whats happening

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

yeah thanks i know the official theory

1. The copper impactor generated such an energetic explosion that the primary mission sensors were swamped and the primary mission of photographing the crater was unable to be carried out. (Such a flash would be expected with a metal object approaching a highly charged object)

"We didn't expect the success of one part of the mission (bright dust cloud) to affect a second part (seeing the resultant crater). But that is part of the fun of science, to meet with the unexpected. "

Physicist Wal Thornhill commenting:

"It is now well documented that every scientist associated with the project was stunned by the scale of the energetic outburst. These scientists understood the kinetics of impact, and they all agreed that the explosion would be equivalent to 4.8 tons of TNT. That’s a good-sized bomb, but not even close to what occurred."

2. The impact generated finely divided dust, something that should be impossible due to sublimation. Dust particles must be in their pristine state.

3. Photographs of the surface showed sharp relief, a rocky appearance, and impact craters with no clearly defined ice, not a dirty half melted snowball.

4. No water ice has been found on any other comets surface. See comet Borrelly and comet Wild 2.

5. Massive changes in the spectrum compared to before and after impact (something completely unexpected from a melting snowball).

6. "Dust jets" (they are really plasma plumes) on the dark side of the comet.

7. And then there is the fact that at best only 0.5% of the surface could be claimed to be ice. - and even that's a stretch in my opinion.

"Since the visible images have a higher spatial resolution, we use those images to calculate the extent of ice on Tempel 1's surface. That turns out to be a small fraction of the surface, only 0.5%. " (deepimpact.umd.edu...)

sites.google.com...
visit the link and you will find a reference for each point from deepimpact.umd.edu...

edit: add this to your certitudes chronaut :

Like people, all comets are a little different. We've been studying comets for hundreds of years -- 116 years in the case of comet Holmes -- but still do not really understand them

www.spitzer.caltech.edu...
edit on 5-5-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here is a link from NASA regarding Elenin. Apparently they are not concerned about it whatsoever.
BTW, this was dated May 4th 2011...so it's a bit up to date.

NASA regarding Comet Elenin

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by J2288
This year is turning out to be quite the history orgasm. so many major events and changes taking place so quick

Exactly. If it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk...most likely it IS.

Look, we have more seismic activity this year in parts of the world that arent accustomed to it. We have many magnitude 7+ earthquakes, including the mindblowing 9 in japan. Then we have the weather patterns that have been abnormal to say the least. We have reports of the government putting in orders for millions of MREs and pre packaged meals, as well as water, blankets. We also have strange rumblings being heard in different parts of the world that are unexplained, however could be tied to the rapid construction of underground compounds that seem to be being constructed with furvor.

Now comes elenin. You cant deny that this comet IS going to make a very close approach to earth, and nasa takes the website down. Ive read from scientists that say this is going to be a close call....

To me, I think all of this leads to elenin making impact with our planet...and we wont be told until its too late.

I just have this very uneasy feeling about this. I hope Im wrong......
edit on 5-5-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

Man, I hope a lot of people are right about a huge UFO fleet chillin in the solar system. They should be able to handle that thing if it becomes a problem

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

There is a HUGE difference between Y2K/Year 2000 and what is being postulated on this and many other threads regarding Elenin/2012 etc, etc, etc.

Y2K was never thought to be a "natural event" but was one created by various/all computer software/hardware manufacturers to generate a HUGE amount of money for themselves by "creating" the fear that all "computer systems" would crash due to their not being able to handle the date change from 1999 to 2000 and that when the systems all went down there would be no radar/communication/satellite etc, etc, etc working and therefore chaos would ensue, which made sense if you believed it and were prepared to fork out even more money to "update your system" to deal with the event. Exactly the same way progammers (who work for antivirus software providers) create viruses today and then tomorrow your antivirus software is "out of date" and you are forced to fork out more money to "update your system" in a never ending, never decreasing vicious circle!

This is completely different and should at least be viewed as such! I am not saying I believe it YET, but there is something to the saying "Forewarned is forearmed!"
edit on 5/5/11 by wiser3 because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedyboy

The thing is lotteries get won every week, if not everyday, and so what if the world is that old, all is takes is ONE hit and "JACKPOT"
edit on 5/5/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This could be why they are using the Nuclear threat as a cover story to the increased radiation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join