It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama took SIXTEEN HOURS to make up his mind about Bin Laden mission

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
..., during that 16 hours, he took a break from contemplating an action that could/would define his legacy and his presidency to write and perform at the White House Correspndent's dinner which was held on Saturday evening.

You think he wrote his speech in the few hours before the dinner? You think he wrote his speech? He can deliver a funny line, but I'm pretty sure that speech was written and approved DAYS before the dinner.

He sure doesn't seem like a man wrestling with any serious issues or decisions here.

No, he doesn't. And that's what a president needs to do. Act as if everything's normal even when he knows how much is at stake. Again, he will be criticized no matter what he does. And if he had canceled this dinner or shown that he was worried or contemplative, it may have tipped off the wrong people.

The man was able to perform at the planned dinner and keep his knowledge and stress level to himself and you slight him for that?? I commend him for that! It had to be extremely hard to do and I couldn't have done it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's a big decision, ask Jimmy Carter what happens when things go wrong. I'm glad to have someone who carefully considers an issue, rather than a Decider.

Edit: er, I guess Benevolent Heretic already said of all that...nothing to see here...move along
edit on 4-5-2011 by OhioPariah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
he took 16 hours to make the decision, they're claiming the op went down on Sunday, which means that, during that 16 hours, he took a break from contemplating an action that could/would define his legacy and his presidency to write and perform at the White House Correspndent's dinner which was held on Saturday evening.
He sure doesn't seem like a man wrestling with any serious issues or decisions here

Wait.

If the dinner ended at 11:p.m. Saturday US ET and the mission started at 4:30 US ET (1:30 a.m. Abbottabad local time) Sunday, that's what? Fifteen and a half hours? Plus, did he speak at the very end? If not that could account for the other half hour.

Close enough per the official time line, I'm thinking? (Assuming of course 1:30 a.m. local time is still the official line for the start of the mission.)

ETA: Plus what BH said. They have to stay cool in public even if chaos, anarchy, and turmoil are occurring behind the scenes.
edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

people are criticizing Obama for doing a PERFECT job!

If he did such a perfect job, then why are they changing the story of how it went down?

not once, not twice, not three times. but now FOUR.

Now it is being reported they didn't watch the event-as they said they did.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a tangled web we weave (but they only have to attempt to weave so B.H and the alike have something to hold onto-even though it is a boat load of B.S. Enjoy that ride.

edit on 5/4/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH, I wouldn't sweat it... You are spot on, and normally are, morally and technically. The ones who disagree with you are too busy battling "lack of evidence" and "common sense" issues, to see that your spot on.

BH we are long time friends, you just dont know it...... I'm wearing new clothes

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Does the reporting of the story change the success of the mission??? You may call it critical thinking, I call it racism disguised as critical thinking. Period!

Your concocting reasons to take the success away from the man... maybe you should stop drinking your type of koolaid. It makes you seem foolish and racist!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I'm attributing the story changes to the 24-hours news cycle and the settling of the dust. I don't like the fact that it changes, but with this vomiting of information, something is going to be inaccurate. I take everything report with a huge grain of salt until everything has been verified.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Awful easy to toss out that term racist, isn't it.

A lot easier than to seek the truth.

Got it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Let me guess, you were tops in snipe hunting? Seeker of truth will be your title, can you list your accomplishments? Or would it play out more like a Jack Russel chasing its tail?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It wasn't like Obama was weighing the options of a major merger. This situation was totally different. You have your top brass and professional combatants implementing this mission. It's not like they didn't know what was happening and Obama was the only one with the intelligence reports.

Obama just got lucky on this one...which is a good thing.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

No, he was weighing the ramifications of sending an assassination team into a sovereign nation.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
When asked about the pictures, President Obama said he would 'sleep on it'. And true to his word, The man slept on the job.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'd rather have the president catch a few hours sleep and be clearheaded before making this important a decision than not. But I'm weird that way. Nothing was going to change if he slept for 2 or even 8 hours out of that 16.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Believe me, I hate to think that so many people are still bothered by skin color..... but.... How else do you explain the hate toward him...

Anyone who thinks, him waiting 16 hours, is such a bad decision, needs to explain why. Obama did what the dumb hick before him could not. Why taint that? Why take it away?

It was a success! a 100% success. ZERO American causalities! Probably the cheapest mission on the war on terror ever, yet you are attempting to take that way.

I apologize if you don't like the way the suit fits you, but it seems like a racist suit your wearing.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OhioPariah

You don't weigh ramifications when you have to do what is morally right. I will commend Obama for ultimately making the right decision. Sovereign nation or not, Pakistan was harboring an international fugitive and these things will be sorted out soon.

Obama had more than eight months to make a final decision and should've made it promptly when given the latest mission plans to take out Osama.

Like I said. He got lucky and we can only thank God he did.

edit on 4/5/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Your right... He should have followed in Jimmy Carters foot steps and just went in guns blazing!
wow.... wow.......wow

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Like everyone with this same thought of mind that something seems to smelly and rather lame as to how the US has handled this whole OBL mission .. my mind is in a frazzle about it .. well another thing is the timing I agree time means alot .. im waiting patiently for our President to release real proof he is looking like a fool imo

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maybe it took 16 hours for them to track down a dead ringer for Osama before they gave the go ahead, I'm just kidding of course..well sort of. Now that the body has been disposed of by sea and apparently we will never see any photos either I'm more suspicious than I was before and I almost started to believe that this all may have possibly happened.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Oh, if only he'd gone in, guns blazing, more like George Bush!

But obama still did "go in, guns blazing" in the end.

And his speech afterwards was vintage George Bush.

I LOVE the fact that Obama is a pragmatic thinker, planning and analytical. I LOVE that he waited until he was absolutely sure that this operation would be successful before giving the orders. People can complain all they want about how he did this, but I will be forever grateful that he did this right and didn't repeat Jimmy Carter's Iran Hostage rescue attempt. Operation Eagle Claw

Well, I guess it is your self-admitted LOVE of obama that clouds your reason and logic concerning the man. Now we understand ...

You can criticize Obama's actions all you want but it was a fantastic success.

Which version of the events put out by the administration are you calling the fantastic success? The one where it really took a week? Or the one from the speech that obama was basically vidi, veni, vici? Or the one you now say you LOVE where he left everyone waiting for a decision so he could go take a 16 hour nap? Even his spokesman Carney says he is confused.

Then there are the ever shifting details of the raid. OBL's wife killed, then not. OBL used her as a human shield, then not. OBL resisted and was shot, or he was shot after surrendering. The compound was a "million dollar residence", then not. Did you see pictures of the place? That place wouldn't be worth a million dollars if it was located in Beverly Hills instead of pakistan.

Maybe what you have is really just an infatuation, instead of a real LOVE.

edit on 5/4/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've heard of armchair quarterbacks, but there seem to be a whole lot of armchair presidents on this forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join