It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama took SIXTEEN HOURS to make up his mind about Bin Laden mission

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Ok, so the president of the United States... Should have decided to enter a "friendly" country with our military, WITHOUT informing them, 300 meters from a military installation, quickly? Shouldn't have pondered his decision? Not one bit of critical thinking or second thoughts should have gone into it... Interesting...

Yo Semity Sam would be proud of your plan..... I for one am glad that this president is well thought out.

think about this.... What if Pakistan declared war on us, on Monday???? You same people would have been all over the man for not thinking his plan through well enough...

I can hear it now... " Risking putting our countries into war, and all he could spare was 16 hours" SPOT ON!!!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by centurion1211

I meant assuming that the official, from the White House story and timeline as it evolves and changes is true. Theoretically/hypothetically speaking. I'm putting a disclaimer in most of my posts now when discussing generalities, SOP, and theory because I'm sick of getting jumped by people accusing me of swallowing said official story. My jury's still out. This is evolving. In a very interesting way. But that being said, I don't think we should be rushing to judgment without more information. You know?

I gave you a star for this post.

The situation is still quite "muddy". Why do I feel a "mission accomplished" (like bush on the aircraft carrier after iraq) moment coming on for obama?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

I did not vote Obama, nor will I in 2012. Agree with his policies?? What policies? He hasn't accomplished anything! I am not an Obama supporter, but I support him, his actions, his planning and execution (pun intended) of this...

To go after him about this, is not based on reality.... The only thing I can think of, is un evolved hicks, still mad they have a black president.

Nate Forrest would be proud of you fellas
edit on 5/4/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

you're not a supporter, but you support him. everyone who doesn't is a racist hick. gotcha.
generalized lowbrow attack:accomplished.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I support him on this.... How could you not? Truly...... What went wrong? Lives lost? Cost ? What president would have done it better? Bush? Clinton?

"Obama didn't do anything... he just happened to be the president when our military did it"

Yeah ok, and Regan "was just president" when the wall came down.....

We aren't talking policy here... A military mission that went 99% flawlessly, yet some folks can't handle the fact that our Black, democrat president got the job done!

You very well may not be racist..... I would love to find out that this blind hate isn't racism, and is instead just ignorance... Believe me, I would love it. Could be a little of both...

It might just be the need to argue or need for conflict that have people barking up this tree...

Damn nose breathers are everywhere today!
edit on 5/4/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You mean he actually thought through all the potential risks and consequences rather than just storm the place guns blazing? He actually took the time to figure out the best approach to this and trying to minimize the deaths, considering their were women and children in that Mansion?

He actually did that? Wow, clearly President Obama is an awful, horrible Scumbag.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by beezzer

Assuming that the official story is real and true...

Or he might be a person who weighs all the ramifications, risks, and consequences and makes sure all the data is in and all the advisors have had a chance to review it and discuss it before charging ahead.

Also, you do realize that he was given only about an 80% certainty that Obama was even in the compound? Gutsy move to go in with that probability.

Now what the hell would you be saying if he went in and OBL was not there? Hmmm?

I've not faulted Obama ONCE in any of this. It is his. He owns it. He should revel in it.

But 16 hours? It's war, not picking out china patterns!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Some would view your proclamation of non-decisive, consensus gatherer not a leader as otherwise?

It was a mission. With, to our current knowledge, no set, pressing need. Again, there may have been dependencies we don't know about and may never know, but he had the time and took it. What's the big woop that he took some time? Many others would view this as a true leader.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

i've made no comment for or against obama in regards to the supposed assassination of osama. i'm merely commenting on your lowbrow tactic of the repeated use of the word racist.

in point of fact you were the first one to bring up race at all in this topic.

some people dislike obama, no matter what he does, not because he's black, but because he's the president. and more specifically because he's a democrat.

crying racist everytime someone disagrees with him shows more about you, than about the posters you're replying to. thankfully everyone gets to see it and your shame is immortalized on the web.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Leaders act.

Consensus takers react.

I'm glad that it didn't matter. Many times, things are time sensitive. He could have blown it. Big time. He got lucky.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Basically these pseudo-conservative bloggers care about nothing other than finding some snippet to detract from what this administration achieved, and are in heavy spin mode to make this appear to be a FAIL instead of WINNING.

The point of those NSC meetings were to define the parameters of the mission, not give the mission green-light, which is solely Obama's job. According to the original source the Daily Mail based this tawdry example of tabloid journalism on, the final NSC meeting (April 28), the military was still pushing for Missile Strikes, as opposed to what Obama wanted, a Special Forces hit team. Obama made the right decision. His National Security Council were in the loop and made several good calls. The military proved their mettle, especially Seal Team Six.

Those that are trying to detract from this are just feeling sour grapes over the fact that Obama has proved them wrong on a number of things, especially his leadership role.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The official white house photo taken during the operation shows VP Biden with Hillary Clinton (hand over her mouth) and the brass all sitting around the situation room table. They have their computers in front of them and situation folders. They are dressed for the white house and are obviously working. On the other hand, Obama is looking very angry while sitting in the corner in his golf clothes without even a pen and paper to call his own. He looks out of place and just ticked off that they dragged him off the golf course to sit in on what the others had already decided to do. Yes that's my speculation. From looking at the picture, he sure doesn't look like a 'planning analytical pragmatic thinker'. He just looks like a guy ticked off because his golf game got interrupted and that he's not even welcome to sit at the adult table.

Not sure if this is accurate (who knows these days) - Obama hesitated while Panetta issued order to kill UBL .

This was a CIA operation. Obama wasn't involved. The intel that was gathered for this operation came in through channels that Obama was trying to shut down (GITMO). If Obama's wishes to close GITMO (etc) had gone through, this operation probably wouldn't have been able to happen. Obama's days are taken up with campaigning and fundraisers and golf. This community organizer, with no executive or military experience, wasn't sitting in the Oval Office analyzing life and death military decisions. He spent the time partying with news correspondents and was dragged off the golf course for the photo op when the time was deemed right by the adults (Panetta, Clinton, Biden)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I was speaking to one person specifically! NOT "anyone who disagrees with you"

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Obama made it sound like in his post-operation speech that upon confirmation of Osama's whereabouts, that he gave an immediate go ahead for the Special Warfare raid on the compound that housed Osama bin Laden.

What if, by chance, that during this time, Osama got word of the raid and fled once again. The American public has been waiting really more than ten years for this scumbag to be either captured or killed.

I know some will say that why should 16 hours matter when we waited this long. 16 hours is an extremely long time, especially when given the conditions and the magnitude of this mission.

We're very lucky that Osama, if in fact it was him, was killed in the raid. Lolly-dagging around with such an important decision as this, IMHO, is not the sign of a competent leader.

www.dailymail.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/5/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

That is most likely the very reason it took 16 hours for the go-ahead...not exactly something you want to screw up...I have friends that take longer than 16 hours to plan out raids in WoW. Seriously this is bitching about nothing. He's dead, job well done, end of story.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bad Dog

8:20 a.m. EDT — President Obama makes the decision to undertake the operation at the compound north of Islamabad with national security advisers Thomas Donilon, John Brennan and Denis McDonough and chief of staff Bill Daley. Obama then leaves to tour storm-ravaged Tuscaloosa, Ala.
www.npr.org... e-raid-on-osama-bin-ladens-hideout

Golf .... really? I would think that this was a pretty taxing decision.. I highly doubt he was planning or playing golf.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Exactly what DID Obama do in this whole thing?

All he did was contemplate giving a yes or no to getting OBL - after receivng intel that they could get OBL right now. He took 16 hrs, slept and nodded and said "go for it". That is all. He did not get OBL. All he did was give "permission" for all those who did ALL the work (including intel people) to do the mission that he had nothing to do with.
He had people pretty much telling him what to do. He just needed to agree or disagree.

If he had actually said "no" when OBL was in our hands pretty much, he would have been taken out back by the people and flogged (so to speak).

All this credit he is taking is ridiculous. He should give 100% credit to the intel community and the US military. the only "I" he should ever say in this whole situation is that due to my position as US President, "I" supported all the work and intel and plans to get OBL

And to those saying he acted "proper" during the dinner and put on a brave face acting like nothing was going on....I wonder what yalls thought were back on 911 when Bush was sitting there with the kids and acted like nothing was going on
I recall the same comments being made now, made back then.
edit on May 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

yes...you're very lazy. no one but you has brought up race. lazy race card.

you called people who disagree with him rednecks and racists.

just "come to grips" with the fact that people who can only point to racism for reasons of disagreement are saying more about themselves than others.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Seriously.......stop the damn race crap. Obama is crappy president and it is not because he is tanner than some white people of his own family
It is the left and his supporters that constantly CONSTANTLY remind us that he is black and that is why we all cant stand him.

It is old. And it makes all of yall look like you have no other defense for his incompetency
edit on May 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

thank you! my point exactly! no one had even mentioned race until shaun decided there was a disturbing lack of obama sunshine worship in this thread.

it's lazy, and ignorant.

eta: anyway, back to the topic. and i shall leave the thread.

edit on 4-5-2011 by optimus primal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ok, then lets strip the Berlin wall credit away from Regan... Jimmy Carter did nothing wrong in iran... All they did was say some words... Silly!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join