It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Not Truly Awake If You See Conspiracy in EVERY News Story

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The OP presents an "either/or" argument, in that "You truly aren't awake if you see conspiracies in EVERY story," --or something to that effect (emphasis added). It's not an ALL (*every*) or NOTHING situation. The OP assumes that certain people see conspiracies in EVERY STORY, surely based upon his/her limited interactions with the topics, threads and posts on ATS (and other sites, perhaps).

While the OP may *perceive* that some people are not truly awake because these people allegedly see conspiracies in EVERY STORY, what the OP is probably perceiving is a conglomeration of different posts by different ATS members who might suspect a conspiracy. The OP has most likely clumped all of these various conspiracies into a singular GENERALIZATION that people are seeing conspiracies in EVERY STORY, which is extremely inaccurate in that ATS is comprised of a hugely diverse audience with countlessly divergent/diverse points of view, many of which do incorporate a conspiracy, but not necessarily conspiracies existing in EVERY STORY.

While the OP's statement about not being truly awake if you see conspiracy in EVERY news story is true, there are VERY FEW people who fit into this category on ATS. It just so happens that the hundreds, perhaps thousands of ATS members have noted a strange amount of "coincidences" that may suggest conspiracy in divergent realms, and these members might be pointing out varied conspiracies. However, the OP seems to combine and associate these very different perspectives into a singular person who sees conspiracies *everywhere.* That demographic (a person who sees conspiracies *everywhere*) is an actual rarity. What the OP is perceiving is a LARGE GROUP OF PEOPLE (on ATS) pointing out various conspiracies about a large number of diverse topics.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You're not truly awake if you think this, you're more like the Mel Gibson character in "Conspiracy Theory" who sees conspiracies in every little thing that he sees.

Well, Mel was right in that movie, wasn't he?

If you still believe the lies that the media is spouting at you, then I think the one who isn't awake is you, my friend.

Because when you are actually awake, you can see through the lies. It is like a veil that only those with the right information can see through. So please, educate yourself and investigate the facts.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
We live in a conspiracy and that is just what it is. I don't care. Paranoia is not necessary and you should always do your own research. I am ever grateful for alex jones, because he and his team write the most fantastic articles, full of references and hard facts.
We live in a conspiracy, period. True awakening by the way, I wonder even if that exist. There is always more to learn. Or perhaps there isn't, perhaps its already here.
edit on 4-5-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I for one BELIEVE that the events that took place on 9/11 were real and the villian Osama Bin laden is now dead. You know it feels good for once that America has done something as it should , flawless, and of great importance.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
I think that they pulled the comparable DNA from relatives. I wouldn't be surprised if there's such a thing as a mobile genetics testing lab or kit that can be employed on the fly.

Yea, that's what I see the problem with. I'm not convinced with a "I wouldn't be surprised" argument.

I don't think the the Carl Vinson has a genetics lab aboard, did they fly a DNA sample over in a SR-71 or something?
edit on 4-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I may be a little off topic here but I agree with the OP. Some people are good at churning out the "illuminati/free mason " rubbish when they wanna. They often talk about the music industry, but for me there are bigger fish to fry, all the information people get off that is from yoututbe videos that look for hand signals in rap videos. In what way shape or form is this knowledge or information going to enable you to do better for the world or yourself.

Also a lot of people are hypocrits, everyone is to some extent take for example; I was at a Lowkey gig a few weeks back, as he is rapping about child sweat shops making nike ect. and the whole room cheers for him, those very same people are in designer clothes made by those very same sweat shops.

People want to talk about it, but they dont want to do anything about it. They want to sound knowledgable but when it comes down to doing something that might be out of their comfort zone its a no go. Is this a positive attitude to have ? Or a helpful one? It seems there are a lot of people who are somewhere between asleep and awake but they prefer to be dreaming.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I think we're being misdirected even further than that, why aren't we trying to figure out the agenda for such an announcement rather than whether the announcement was true or not?

my logic is that its been a decade now and we still don't know what the truth surrounding 9/11 & really, we still don't even know the truth about JFK's assassination, and that was half a century ago. What we do know though is tthe loss of rights & freedom traded for security which was a direct response to the 9/11 events.

I say lets figure out the effects this could have for all of us rather than whether the statements true or not... false statements never stopped them before... I think maybe a revenge attack allowing for another illegal war is might be a card on the table... just my 2 cent...

peace,
-Bob

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
After recently being insulted for posting my thoughts about the flooding in my community and the destruction of a levy to reduce property loss, I have to say that I think half of the people here are paranoid and irrational. I agree with the OP. Not everything is a conspiracy, and I think it would be nice if a new member isn't degraded for speaking his opinion. There is rational inquiry, and there is paranoia. I think the main thing that distinguishes the two is simply questioning "where's the profit", be it money, power, fame or whatever. It's ridiculous to think that the OBL assassination is an attempt to distract people from chemtrails. It's too much of a hassle, when all they have to do is obfuscate the truth a little and get away with it. Publish some fake news story saying nothing is going on, silly conspiracy theorists, or publish a fake research paper showing its health benefits. Simplicity.

People who are up to no good are going to do things as simply and as cheaply as possible. You don't bake a cake in a particle accelerator. Likewise, you don't kill a famous terrorist to distract people from chemtrails. It's like that saying. Keep It Simple, Stupid. And if you have to resort to personal attacks and mockery to defend your opinion, you really have no defense at all, just a bad attitude.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Not every story is a conspiracy but every conspiracy is news worthy.

Everything thats popped out of Obama's mouth since he was elected has been a lie......so it's dam hard to believe anything he says now.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Soooooooo......you bag everyone for seeing a conspiracy in everything.

Originally posted by babybunnies
It seems to me lately that no matter what story is reported in the news, people scream that there is a big conspiracy behind it and we're being lied to by the main stream media.

Then go on to chastise them for mssing the conspiracy in the media? WTF?

Like so many other items, completely ignored because all the conspiracy theorists are busy looking in the wrong direction.

Usually the big stories are the distraction from the little stories happening in the background which are the bigger parts of the conspiracy theory.

Soooooooooooo.............
According to you, Usually the news is just a cover for something in the background.
I think people call that a conspiracy.

People, Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura, David Icke and others of their ilke can now almost be seen as mainstream media for conspiracy theorists. If you are listening to what they're telling you to think rather than doing your own thinking and real research into current and historical events, you are still sheep being herded by the dogs, you're just not being led by msm, you're being led by people who are claiming that they have your best interests at heart.

This forum is full of people that do their own research.
That is why we get lots of people comming up with conspiracy theories everywhere.

You're not really awake unless you figure it out for yourselves. If you jump on everyone else's conspiracy theories, you're still sheep in the fold.

I'll take your advice, so I am going to state that you OP is totally irrelevant to me and useless.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
I killed Colonel Gaddafi last night. I didn't take any pictures and threw his body into the sea. Just take my word for it, he's definitely dead.

He resisted... didn't he?
*nudge, nudge, wink, wink*
Say no more!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I have to disagree, if you are truely approaching eveything with an open mind then seeing conspiracy eveywhere is a possibility - however you are ruling it out showing your mind is not willing to accept the posibility reality could be that unpretty. Im not saying all news stories have conspiracy behind them, and I personally believe they dont - but i am not confident enough to say I know enough about everything or the big picture to rule it out.

This seems like a new great angle for disinfo agents IMO, but I guess I could be seeing conspiracy everywhere.

Maybe just maybe, people that see conspiracy everywhere are seeing a lot more of that bigger picture than you can imagine.
edit on 4-5-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Who in the hell keeps flaggin/starring this thread? The premise is fine - the example is ridiculous.

For the record, we're not even 72 hours in, and the stories (Seal Team 6) are coming back all jacked up, not jiving (per MSNBC, right now) - all the narratives are coming in different regarding the assault on UBL: different things happened, different people did stuff, different numbers of people did stuff, they did stuff in different orders, and had different effects.

This is faker than fake, I'm telling you.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: This is so obviously a Psyop, it's insulting to use the term conspiracy.

[myself, earlier]

You're right. Everything ISN'T a conspiracy. Thank you, Captain Obvious. But, this Usama Bin Laden situation just happens to be one - next time you squak, have an example that actually supports your side of the argument.

Seriously, are people this blind? He's been dead for at least 5 years, and most legit sources even say 9+ - regardless, mathematics says* odds are it wasn't within the last 48 hours. Period.

No, my friends.

This is so obviously a psyop, it's insulting by even conspiracy standards!!!

And, there it is... Let's tug at America's heart strings and remember the 15 brave souls from Engine 54 of the NYFD that lost their lives on that fateful day back in 2001.

*sniff*

Perpetrated by that creep, Bin Laden [wink]
*grrrr*

But, We GOT 'im!!!

Hooray! (sings: "God Bless America...")

Get ready folks. Somethin's comin' - if nothing else, a quick little pump-n-dump (generated by a dead-cat bounce from all this bull# bin laden hysteria), one last time before the dollar/US economy *really* come crashing down - how would you even collect if you short, all the way down?

*There have been dozens of reported times he has died, and almost nothing after 2002 that show a legit, breathing, UBL - the probability that our administration is telling the truth, this time, especially after the supposed dumping-of-the-body-in-the-ocean story, is extremely, astronomically small. The math just isn't there, my friends. Don't fight the numbers.

edit on 5/4/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Forgive me for saying so, but didn't Mel Gibson's character in the movie 'Conspiracy Theorist' turn out to be right in the end?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Not every story is a conspiracy but every conspiracy is news worthy.

Everything thats popped out of Obama's mouth since he was elected has been a lie......so it's dam hard to believe anything he says now.

It would be interesting to see you prove this, too. Sounds like you've been brainwashed by the far right media.

Right up there with a previous comment (not by you, I think) that every single news story since 1963 has been a lie. The world's politicians and media just ain't that good.

I've started quite the thread here ! While I definitely think we're being lied to about many significant things, people have to realize that if they think every story is a conspiracy of some kind, then they been brainwashed to the other side, that's all.

Even Alex Jones doesn't consider EVERY news story a conspiracy.

You gotta pick your battles. If you go after conspiracy theories in every news story, you end up missing the true conspiracies completely. You've gotta look at what's happening outside the news media to find the true conspiracies.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by theseeker27
Forgive me for saying so, but didn't Mel Gibson's character in the movie 'Conspiracy Theorist' turn out to be right in the end?

On some events, and on the fact that he was manipulated into who he was by the Government. However, most of his theories were laughable.

He saw conspiracy in everything, which simply isn't the case. TPTB just aren't that good.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Honestly, I have been contemplating writing the same message!

Everytime I see ANY news story, I already know I can come on here and read about a conspiracy story.

Only, its not presented as a question or theory, its presented as STONE COLD FACT!

Honestly, it really doesn't help the credibility of the investigatory community. I don't have a solution, but all i know is that EVERYTHING CAN'T BE A DANG CONSPIRACY!!!!!

I challenge you to try to find a single major news story in the past 2 years that isn't countered here with a conspiracy theory. Its getting ridiculous.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

A great article, well written, well done! S & F.

Echos my own beliefs on OBL kill.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'd give you a lot more than just one star

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
thats it i quit ats
...i need to believe in msm...like i used to..thank u for making me a believer again...so much time i wasted...

edit on 4-5-2011 by atsmem1980 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join