It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Not Truly Awake If You See Conspiracy in EVERY News Story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I agree with the title of this thread, but not the body of it. Yes, people do see conspiracies in most news stories. And that sure doesn't make them awake ... I think so many people who claim they are 'awake' are even more blinded than the mass public as they to busy being self-righteous about them being awakened to realize that that attitude is once again separating us ("divide and conquer"). And their idea of being 'awake' means that they have to question everything... which isn't a bad thing at all if indeed the questioning of everything is indeed to find truth. And finding truth often means that one has to admit that they are wrong. Which isn't present in the conspiracy community because we don't believe the 'truth' no matter what. But now I'm talking in circles...

What I'm trying to say is that if people weren't actively questioning the media, then we would all be fooled. But the fact that we can't admit we're wrong when we are, they we are once again fooled. But the second cause is that we are fooling ourselves... therefore not awake at all.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
How is this the best thread you've seen all day?I honestly don't see point of it!Yet it gets all these stars and flags!

The reason people see conspiracy is because of all the lies that are being fed to them.

It seems the "conspiracy theorists" have touched a nerve...yours.And a lot of politicians and bankers no doubt!If the "conspiracy theorists" arguments only consist of theories with no proof then what are you worried about?Why do you waste your time here?

And who says they see a conspiracy in every news story except you?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Many of us here on ATS are members because the "Official" story is no longer believable. We are being bombarded in an all directions, food, water, air, economy, etc,. Why would the media be any different? If we don't as questions then we like everyone else, and frankly, I'm not really into group think, not even on ATS.

We already get enough flack about questioning their "official" stories and I am quite offended to see other members starring and flagging ignorance. If conspiracy is not "your" thing, then I think your in the wrong place. I never thought that I would see a thread like this on ATS, and its especially disheartening when others agree, that maybe just maybe, where taking this world to serious.

I have worked very hard to make myself aware, and when a story stinks to high heaven, because in reality almost all of them do, I choose to be outside the box. There are already more then enough people out there that choose to be in the dark, and I am proud to say that I am NOT one of them.

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The very fact that the MSM are giving conspiracies any attention at all means they have come to recognize it is a force to be reckoned with. It also means they are trying to do damage control, as well as infiltrate it and muddy the waters to such a degree that due diligence is more important than ever on our parts. And just because something has a label of “alternative” or “rogue” doesn’t make it true either.

Of course, they're feeling threatened that their little shenanigans are no longer as effective as they once were because a growing number of people are getting wise to their little games. So they lash out and attack, displaying their true nature. Of course they're going to attack, since they're unable to explain why no evidence about this guy being involved in 9/11 and no evidence of his murder have ever been produced. A childish attack piece always makes a good diversion when you're intellectually vacant and unable to use common sense to explain your continuous lies.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

And I've seen the "conspiracy theorists" admit they are wrong when they are proven wrong so,you lied right there!

Why are you lying?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

So explain to me how so many have these brains yet are so dysfunctional and as far as "Conspiracies". has it occurred to you that all human beings, both as individuals and groups "Conspire To Serve Themselves" and that nothing is not touched by conspiracy? Think about that silly rabbit.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
To be "awake", an interesting concept. Does it exist at all, or is it a variable of the level of our understanding?

Shall we put a definition on this or is there one already in place?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
To the OP: so what you're saying is, you're one of THEM!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
On it's face, your premise appears to be accurate. Everything is questioned and conspiracies are assumed. To say, "everything isn't a conspiracy" is perfectly acceptable. But where you err is in not considering the context. Let me explain.

If you walked into your grandma's house for Thanksgiving dinner and your whole family was there, you would be among people you trust. If uncle Tom said his son, your cousin, had his car stolen, you naturally believe him. You don't look for a conspiracy and you don't question it. If Grandma says, "dinner is ready", you can assume she telling the truth and dinner is in fact ready. The context is basically, "your family at Thanksgiving dinner". People you trust.

World events, on the other hand, are a completely different context. Most people would agree that if somebody tells you a whopper once, they will continue to lie and probably have lied in the past. If you believe that 9/11 was somehow staged, or TPTB knew it was coming and critical evidence was hidden, then you have every reason to question every word that comes out of their mouth. In fact, you'd be a fool if you didn't. If you believe that Roswell was a cover-up and a UFO did in fact crash, then you have every reason to doubt anything and everything they say. Quite simply, they haven't earned your trust back. Just like a grifter always has a con, TPTB always have their agenda which is seldom in sync with the general population.

So, are you accurate to say, "everything isn't a conspiracy"? Sure, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look for the "con". When the politicians sit around and talk about policy, they don't say, "what can we do to help the people", they say, "what can we do to benefit ourselves and frame it like it's for the people".

I for one will never trust, at face value, another word a person of power says, from the local small town mayor up to the President. Never. I'm not saying they are all crooks or dishonest, I'm just saying, in this context they are not to be trusted before asking question.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Perhaps the answer lies in psychology.

We are the human male, designed by nature to always be "alert" (AKA "awake") to any possible threat.

The progress our society has made only complicates the latent natural trait. So we seek the most logical answers we know (science), sometimes too intently and they are misconstrued.

Perhaps the answer lies in Intelligence. Or more accurately situational cleverness.
edit on 4-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Man, this is a Great post. I truely enjoyed the read, and I share similar ideas. Star and Flag for you sir, Thank You.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I would not consider myself a conspiracy theorist. Anybody who has followed my posts here would probably characterize me as an anti-conspiracy theorist.

However, I agree with the basic premise of this post. People in Washington and elsewhere will take advantage of the fact the public is largely distracted by Bin Laden's death. It is incumbent upon us as free citizens to try and read up on some news this week that has nothing to do with Bin Laden.

Besides, very little new information has come out since the story last broke...wait up...BIG IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH!!!!!!....Bin Laden was not wearing socks when he was shot....I repeat...Bin Laden was not wearing socks when he was shot.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I think that the general consensus amongst the people who believe in the new Bin Laden conspiracy is that it was in fact a distraction from something larger, which is one of the prime reasons the death of Bin Laden is being so heavily questioned.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

I don't know if I "believe" anything, but I do have some questions about how they got his DNA to a lab and had a comparable match to his lineage so quickly. Also, about the super wal-mart sized compound he was living in while US troops were watching him piss off the top of it for 9 years. Regardless of what I "believe", I have some Q's about it that I haven't seen a satisfying rational explanation to.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I think that they pulled the comparable DNA from relatives. I wouldn't be surprised if there's such a thing as a mobile genetics testing lab or kit that can be employed on the fly. Also, about waiting 9 or so years to take Osama out, some covert organization like the CIA could have easily had him in their sights and could have been tracking him for all of this time, and might have just waited for the right time to strike... whatever the right time is.

But still regarding the DNA I'm really not surprised they can check and match someone's DNA so quickly. I'm more curious about the abruptness of the entire transpiration. The SEAL group goes in, kills him in one shot, takes his body, matches the DNA, Obama makes a report confirming Osama's death, people celebrate in the streets like their team won the superbowl, Osama is given an epic pirate burial despite him being a terrorist and not the pirate Blackbeard (his long beard doesn't count either.)

I mean.. at least Saddam and Bin Laden's underlings existed for some time after they were captured.

They found Saddam in a goddamn hole for crying out loud, like it was a game of whack a mole. And it took them 9 years to find the most wanted man in the world hanging out in a mansion.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Thank you for making this thread... I've been thinking the title to your thread the last two weeks straight in my head any time I see half the threads that are popping up on the front page. It made me think that, "Wow, the same kind of people that blindly believe religious dogma or support anything a political party does just because they 'belong to it', are also present on ATS."

Not that this is everybody, but I have noticed that just like fundamentalist Christians believe the Earth is 6,000 years old or whatever, you have people on here that believe anything that a thread proclaims without question just because it has links to its supporting "evidence".

Not everything you read on a conspiracy theory forum is true. Not every single person in the federal government is out to control your brain... This stuff is very fascinating when you get into it. But beware to not let it engulf you and become a big part of your lifestyle. I kind of did that for a while and I regret it... I've learned a lot - I feel I understand the true nature of politics and the future of the world with a better foresight than almost anyone I know in my personal life.

But the price it came at was dear, which was a diminished sense of trust from even my best friends. My ability to socialize with girls my own age was warped and damaged when I'd have to snap out of it to stop myself from bridging our conversation with some current event or conspiracy stuff as if she cared. I mean seriously, what gorgeous girl you just met at a bar that's looking to unwind and have fun wants to talk about this stuff? There's more to this story about the skills and run-of-the-mill things that were apart of me that were lost. Long story short, I'm better now. But it's like that famous quote: Be careful not to stare too long into an abyss, as after a while it will stare back into you.

That's how I felt delving deeply into this at the time of me being 17-20... too young I feel to really devote scholarly time to this stuff but I did it, and now I can live my life without looking for all the answers in every single corner of the earth. It's refreshing to know you may not know everything about Osama being buried at sea, or what truly happened to JFK or Bruce Lee. I'm free from the insatiable desire to figure out the big, global, political picture in its entirety, and my life is back on track because I've accepted that even though I will always be a freedom-loving American, who will always deny ignorance, I can't possibly know everything 100% for sure.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Said it myself in a thread,
Didnt get much air time, but I said roughly what the OP said

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have become untrusworthy to everything.

My post quoted:

Originally posted by shauny
There is no conspiracy.

We made that word up.
The earth is doing now, as it has always done.
The universe is doing as it has always done also.

Meanwhile, us, we made the mess.
We did it. 99.999999% of us caused, where we are now.
Where are we? Same place we were when I was a teenager.
War, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Famine, Comets...The list is long, you get the point.

Mother Earth, our home, will unleash its power on us, when it wants to. It doesn’t think, it just moves, we just happen to live here. We have survived before, we will again.
The Universe will move and things will bump into things and the odd thing will hit us.
It has before.
None of these are new things.

We Humans have not changed either.
We have always killed each other.
We have always had “Top men”
Our history is full of evil men, evil people who do evil things.
The only difference these days is, these evil men do work in nice suits and fast cars.
They have always been here. You know history yeah?
Since records have been kept, since myths and legends were made. We have not changed.
We all have better homes, better clothes, and better food. But we have not changed.
We as a species, since the very 1st day we set foot on this blue ball have killed for whatever was the
Price off the day. We as a species have since the creation of our ways taken, by force, others land.
American people. You live on stolen land. JESUS !! CAN YOU SEE THE IRONY IN THIS ???? lol
I am from Europe. My kind stole the land !!!!!!!!!!!!! The Irony is killing me here.

What’s changed ???????????
Nothing has changed.

The world keeps spinning, and will spin its ways no matter what we do.
The universe will so what it has done billions of years before our blue ball was even here.
Humans will carry on the tradition passed on through the generations.

Murder each other. We used to sacrifice to a god, humans. The Maya did.

Genocide against our neighbour.

Colonization of anything we choose, be it man or animal.

Have a thirst for power. Since the dawn of consciousness, we have wanted power. Some get it, some don’t.

Greed. We will always want more than we have. Men in nice suits can have more, but even on my scale (I’m a regular person like you) We will always want more.

Saying all this.
In the 1970s for example, in the face of certain, or what seemed certain nuclear war, we came up with flower power and through love, we healed, just a bit, but enough to stop us going through the precepit and killing a lot of us. When the hour was there, we came as one.

Would we today? I don’t know.
Would the animal in us come to light, or would our hearts open up?
My guess is you would get both.
Same as we have now. Some want equality and love, some want power and lust.

Good Vs. Bad ?
God Vs. The Devil?
The natural balance of Earth?
Call it whatever you want. It’s one of the above, or whatever you care to call it.

Call it what you want, it’s always been with is on our journey to this point in our history.
This is all this is. Another point in our history?
We talk of burning witches and sacrificing human lives now as “horrid”
What will our future history say about us? I think they will look at as the same savages that did the above.

We haven’t changed.
There is no conspiracy
It’s just the way it’s always been folks.

This site, and sites like it will have you believe it’s a new concept. Jesus it’s the same old same old.

I started this thread for a few reasons.
I was tired of coming here to see when I was to die. Lol
I was tired of fearing what the headline would be. Lol
There are a lot of FANTASTIC thinkers on here. I am a thinker.
Everyone here is a thinker. We aren’t tin foil hat wearers, we are thinkers.
And I guess there have been thinkers throughout our history yeah ? I think there were some. Lol

There is no conspiracy. This is just “Life on Earth”
It’s never been perfect, it’s been worse, it could be better, we can want a better world all day, we will get what we are given, and we will have to like it. Because our ancestors choose it to be this way. We evolved as a species. “WE” to this point. If you “yes you” had the chance to wear that suit and have that fast car, would you take it ? I don’t want to ask myself that question. Because REALLY, I don’t think I would like the answer. I don’t any of us would.

Time to REALLY wake up people.
This is the way it’s always been. We were told the Illuminate started in Babylon.....
..We have had the chance to change things and we have not. Why?
Because when it comes down to it, we self preserve.
We can deny it all day, but history shows us what we are capable of, all of us.
It’s there. Given the right circumstances we would kill.
If a person were to come into my house and try and kill one of my children, an evolutionary mechanism would make me do what it would have made me do 100,000 years ago.

I think I have said enough.
I love this place. But sometimes you got to step back and realise.

It’s the same old, same old.

Peace out.

Shauny

PS:
I am not going to come here to find out when I am to die anymore.
I am going to come here to keep up with good thinkers and shoot the sh*t !!!

edit on 4/5/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Well said brother! It's people on here who think their own life is a conspiracy.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

Good point by the OP. I've talked about this recent quite a bit and feel that if you submerge yourself constantly in conspiracy, you end up trusting nobody and nothing. Perfectly innocent stories all of a sudden must have a deeper story behind it.

It is easy to fall into this trap. Which bring me to my final, paranoid point. Do you think 'they' have designed it this way? Put so much information out there to conspire about that we don't know what to believe anymore.

Just a thought. But of course my 2nd point kinda proves my 1st point. Or does it? I'm confused. Lol.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Of course "they" designed it this way. If "they" didn't then we are just a bunch of loons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join