It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Not Truly Awake If You See Conspiracy in EVERY News Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The reason people believe and perpetrate so many conspiracy theries comes from basic insecurity, mistrust of everything based on internal insecurity and lack of hope.

Even if some of it is true, you can have people in the same country at the same time under the same stuff and one will be enjoying life, and is happy and opitmistic. The other guy, with the same stuff around him, is sad, angry and depressed.

It's the same with the poor. Why do some become wealthy and optimistic and don't blame everybody for their circumstances? Choice.

Conspirators have just made a choice that screws up their thinking and their life with others go on and enjoy life as it is.

So lets say something bad happens to both. They both die. So why worry?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm going to disagree with the basic premise of this thread, in that 90 percent of news stories are conspiracies, or to be more clear, the truth is hidden in news stories, so with the right understanding you can see the larger picture unfolding, not necessarily a "conspiracy" of men, because it could be subconscious or just seeds for a future operation, but the basic operations of evil.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by Caleb.K

Now a days every single statement or action is deemed a conspiracy. And that's impossible.

I think the general feeling is that the mainstream media is extremely similar to 1984's ministry of truth. In order to push through a greater plan, lots of small lies and deceptions will constantly be told by those in control in order to mould us. Where does nearly all mainstream news come from? One source. Reuters. "They" who control that source have the power to say whatever they want, usually without dispute. Consequently every piece of info is scrutinised by skeptical people because frankly, I don't trust them. Not everything is a conspiracy, true, however the vast majority of news has a secret agenda behind it. That's my opinion.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caleb.K

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by Caleb.K

Now a days every single statement or action is deemed a conspiracy. And that's impossible.

I think the general feeling is that the mainstream media is extremely similar to 1984's ministry of truth. In order to push through a greater plan, lots of small lies and deceptions will constantly be told by those in control in order to mould us. Where does nearly all mainstream news come from? One source. Reuters. "They" who control that source have the power to say whatever they want, usually without dispute. Consequently every piece of info is scrutinised by skeptical people because frankly, I don't trust them. Not everything is a conspiracy, true, however the vast majority of news has a secret agenda behind it. That's my opinion.

FACT AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Question everything.

That is what i told someone on facebook today who posted a link to some obscure politicians web page questioning how Osama could survive kidney disease for this long and why he wasn't discovered by his financial transaction. "He isn't carrying around millions in gold coins"

Anyway, someone commented to my friend that she shouldn't believe everything she reads and instructed her to get all her information from other sources "like Fox News and even BBC". [The hypocrisy is obvious]

To which i told her to question everything. I agree that she shouldn't believe everything she reads---her own article and Fox News and the BBC. I hope I got my point across.

More to the point, it's not the I see conspiracy in everything i read, it's more like I am simply questioning the official story (when pertaining to significant or controversial matters).

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Question everything.

That is what i told someone on facebook today who posted a link to some obscure politicians web page questioning how Osama could survive kidney disease for this long and why he wasn't discovered by his financial transaction. "He isn't carrying around millions in gold coins"

Anyway, someone commented to my friend that she shouldn't believe everything she reads and instructed her to get all her information from other sources "like Fox News and even BBC". [The hypocrisy is obvious]

To which i told her to question everything. I agree that she shouldn't believe everything she reads---her own article and Fox News and the BBC. I hope I got my point across.

More to the point, it's not the I see conspiracy in everything i read, it's more like I am simply questioning the official story (when pertaining to significant or controversial matters).

i also find it funny that the brainwahed are probably the most hypocrtical around telling others they are brainwashed so on and so forth

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
news is just news.

The mere act of deciding what is news drives an agenda and shapes the mood and outlook of the populace. This is why social media is such a threat. WE decide, WE drive the agenda. For instance, Egypt.
edit on 3/5/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You are not awake until you realize that the whole system throughout the whole world is a scam.
You are not awake until you realize that you, along with the rest of us, have been scammed, deceived, divided and conquered, and herded, in the direction they want you to go. Whether kicking and screaming, or by consensus.

You are not awake until you realize that the only “truth” that comes from their mouths is that which will get you to buy into the next lie they’re preparing to tell you. And the next scam they’re preparing to run on you. The best con men and grifters in the world will tell you the truth when it doesn’t matter. Especially if it means you’ll buy into the sting.

You are not awake until you realize they hate and despise you. They call you profane, and a useless eater. It’s in they’re own books and writings.

You are not awake as long as you think you’ve got it all figured out. And you no longer need the input of your fellow human beings. Whether “awake” or asleep. We are all in this together. Not because we wanted to be. But because we didn’t have a choice. And the longer we stay divided, the easier it is for them to maintain the system that keeps us divided.

Do I see conspiracies everywhere? You bet I do. Not every news story has to be a lie. It only has to help maintain the illusion and delusion the majority of the population is under. The magicians and their assistants are all around you everyday.

The very fact that the MSM are giving conspiracies any attention at all means they have come to recognize it is a force to be reckoned with. It also means they are trying to do damage control, as well as infiltrate it and muddy the waters to such a degree that due diligence is more important than ever on our parts. And just because something has a label of “alternative” or “rogue” doesn’t make it true either.

You wanna call me funny medical names as a polite way to say I’m crazy? Be my guest. But at least I’m not denying what’s right in front of my face everyday, all day.

And lastly, I value your opinion, and other posters opinions that I may disagree with, just as much as those I do agree with. Because its important to me that I see alternative perspectives and viewpoints.

Just my two shillings and a rant. Take it for what it’s worth.

edit on 5/3/2011 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 5/3/2011 by Klassified because: Nevermind.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
You are not awake until you realize that the whole system throughout the whole world is a scam.
You are not awake until you realize that you, along with the rest of us, have been scammed, deceived, divided and conquered, and herded, in the direction they want you to go. Whether kicking and screaming, or by consensus.

You are not awake until you realize that the only “truth” that comes from their mouths is that which will get you to buy into the next lie they’re preparing to tell you. And the next scam they’re preparing to run on you. The best con men and grifters in the world will tell you the truth when it doesn’t matter. Especially if it means you’ll buy into the sting.

You are not awake until you realize they hate and despise you. They call you profane, and a useless eater. It’s in they’re own books and writings.

You are not awake as long as you think you’ve got it all figured out. And you no longer need the input of your fellow human beings. Whether “awake” or asleep. We are all in this together. Not because we wanted to be. But because we didn’t have a choice. And the longer we stay divided, the easier it is for them to maintain the system that keeps us divided.

Do I see conspiracies everywhere? You bet I do. Not every news story has to be a lie. It only has to help maintain the illusion and delusion the majority of the population is under. The magicians and their assistants are all around you everyday.

The very fact that the MSM are giving conspiracies any attention at all means they have come to recognize it is a force to be reckoned with. It also means they are trying to do damage control, as well as infiltrate it and muddy the waters to such a degree that due diligence is more important than ever on our parts. And just because something has a label of “alternative” or “rogue” doesn’t make it true either.

You wanna call me funny medical names as a polite way to say I’m crazy? Be my guest. But at least I’m not denying what’s right in front of my face everyday, all day.

And lastly, I value your opinion, and other posters opinions that I may disagree with, just as much as those I do agree with. Because its important to me that I see alternative perspectives and viewpoints.

Just my two shillings and a rant. Take it for what it’s worth.

edit on 5/3/2011 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 5/3/2011 by Klassified because: Nevermind.

POST OF THE YEAR

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I honestly think this thread was just for attention, and now I'm giving it to the OP. So you win! enjoy your 15 minutes.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Have you stopped to consider that they genuinely wanted to get rid of it as quickly as possible and in as remote a location as possible to avoid it becoming a symbol for martyrdom?

Hahahahahahahahahaha ...

I ever never will consider that... sorry

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I think Osama being buried at sea is a moot point now.

Sure I want to see pictures or footage to confirm.

The more important question is why wasn't he brought in alive and how was he able to stay under the noses of the Pakistanis and Americans for so long?

Surely the CIA should be just as embarrassed as the ISI that they apparantly had no idea Bin Laden was living in that town.

He wasn't brought in alive because maybe he was reaching for a gun and saying please didn't work.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Thanks for this post. Lately ATS is a bit schizophrenic. "They didn't tie down all the loose ends" vs "This is too neat and tidy for me to believe" - regarding the same facts! One person posts a wildly inaccurate theory that is quickly disproved, but the theory is repeated a million times over in thread after thread, as if it were fact.

The conspiracy theorists are jumping to conclusions faster than the MSM.

SMR

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

S&F for you

Tomorrow it will rain somewhere and some will post it here claiming the Illuminati are trying to drown us.

It's one thing to be skeptical about a few things, but it seems more and more are just flat out paranoid about every little thing in life. You cant do this. You'll end up a recluse.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I fully agree. Although, there is something to be said for not accepting everything you are spoonfed by the MSM. I mean everything obviously is not a conspiracy because than the normal things would be a conspiracy. You just never TRULY know now a days.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

Very true and there was this guy once that thought the world was round.......
Boy did he end up with egg on his face

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
hey,

why dont we try this for starters.

let people talk about whatever the hell they want, discuss whatever the hell they want, feel whatever the hell they want, believe whatever the hell they want and not label them with a title so you can lump the whole bunch together and discredit them as necessary.

I understand your only opening up a discussion but enough is enough, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

as my mother used to say, "in every lie, there is a grain of truth" and everyone has started looking for grains.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

there is so much wrong here, I don't even know where to start.

you have no more proof of your opinion of events as the conspirators you have labelled

SMR

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
I understand your only opening up a discussion but enough is enough, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Try this for starters ... practice what you preach

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

There are so many stories out there we don't know what to think in my opinion I see America heading down hill myself but as one person all I can do is hope that a change will come for the better. As Bill Cooper used to say we are sheeple, and 70% of the world is Sheeple and the wolves want you as bait, we just have to hurdle the cause and hope that we are not the next one to become a soul of the past.

I wrote a blog today called 13 stars and 13 Colonies take a look for those who like to read blogs about politics and new world order subjects..

socyberty.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join