It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Not Truly Awake If You See Conspiracy in EVERY News Story

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's an interesting point.

I think it comes down to the simple fact that people just want to believe in something 'more'. Like religion. Just like religion In the absence of any real facts a lot of these 'beliefs' come down to faith. Once you get to that stage, really anything goes.

When I read some of the arguments in the forums, it's akin to two religious clerics feverishly arguing over a detailed point rearding some ridiculous dogma. Of course, in all probability neither of what they're arguing about is based in reality.

There are general curiosities in this world and there are no doubt times when TPTB (whoever they are) are liberal with the truth. However, I think most of the time life is dull and we all get a kick out of asking 'what if' but in all likelihood the simplest answer most of the time is the truth.

TPTB are given far too much credit and intelligence for orchestrating mind-boggling global conspiracies.

I include myself when I say most of us risk getting sucked down the rabbit hole from time to time.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

I don't think most people call Osama's death a hoax......we all know he's dead.........

What most people don't believe is Osama was killed on 1st May 2011.....and I'm one of them.

Most people? HAHAHAHAHA!

Most people certainly believe that he was killed on 5/1/11. A fringe element of society doesn't believe it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Am I invisible here

I have done very similar threads on things and got nowhere.
someone does similar and it gets the front page.

I feel all left out

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

As you may know, there has been a recent influx of "participants" on ATS which could be at least partially responsible for the success or failure of certain threads so maybe go give your own similar threads a "bump" which may bring them new life.

In my opinion, if the concept presented in a thread as well as a MSM news story... helps more people sleep well at night then it will be more popular then a thread that they may perceive as fear mongering.

They come here yet are completely unaware of their own level of conditioning...programming and brainwashing.

I believe the recent Comet Elenin thread which can be found HERE is a good example of conditioning as these "debunkers" wish to believe NASA while completely Ignoring the origins of Nasa.

So much for denying Ignorance...
Bacon and Eggs.... Bacon and Eggs....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Iv been spouting rubbish here for years you know.
2002 I joined I think. Ill check my avatar when Im done doing this, I am close.

Edit. Ok, 2004. jees 7 years of ufo's and stuff.
It was different then, mostly 9/11 obviously and UFO stuff.
Wow how this place has grown.

Now we talk about all sorts. Its been great to watch the place change. Really.
My homepage for half decade this.

edit on 11/5/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Threads like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mean COME ON..........

I am sure a lot of other long serving ATS'rs have noticed this as well....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join