It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Not Truly Awake If You See Conspiracy in EVERY News Story

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
It seems to me lately that no matter what story is reported in the news, people scream that there is a big conspiracy behind it and we're being lied to by the main stream media.

You're not truly awake if you think this, you're more like the Mel Gibson character in "Conspiracy Theory" who sees conspiracies in every little thing that he sees. You're more of a prisoner than the people who just go through every day existence believing everything that they're told.

Not every news story is a conspiracy, sometimes it's just news. It's a sign of our times when mainstream media puts in an addendum on big news stories saying "oh, Conspiracy Theorists will start to say this" about the big stories.

If you start seeing conspiracy everywhere, you'll actually miss the bigger picture, and will probably miss the main conspiracy theories hiding in plain sight.

Recent example was the killing of Osama Bin Laden. Conspiracy Theorists the world over are debating about why the body was being dumped right away, why the USA wouldn't let the media examine it, etc etc etc.

Have you stopped to consider that they genuinely wanted to get rid of it as quickly as possible and in as remote a location as possible to avoid it becoming a symbol for martyrdom?

The bigger story for me is why did Obama "reshuffle" (read - fire) Secretary of Defense Gates the DAY BEFORE the raid , when they had been discussing the raid for six weeks? While his retirement was planned this year, it was certainly not planned this quickly. Why would senior staff needed in the planning of a raid be removed from office right before that raid takes place? It's obvious that not everyone in the administration believed in the kill order, but this has been conveniently swept under the rug, and not even bought up by MSM.

Like so many other items, completely ignored because all the conspiracy theorists are busy looking in the wrong direction.

Usually the big stories are the distraction from the little stories happening in the background which are the bigger parts of the conspiracy theory.

It's an old magicians trick. Distract the audience with something shiny and flashy and with misdirection, while your other hand or assistant is doing something else entirely that's being completely ignored by everyone, except for the odd little kid who says "hang on, his assistant just ran behind the box and changed clothes while everyone was watching the cute bunny".

On the weekend, all the talk in the media was about the upcoming budget battle in Congress this week regarding the raising of the debt ceiling. Now, the media isn't talking about anything other than OBL, and completely ignoring whatever Congress is doing with the economy. I'm guessing that the debt ceiling raise will be quietly passed, while the media's attention is elsewhere.

There have also been questions in recent months about the amount of money that has been spent on intelligence gathering and the military, which will all now conveniently vanish due to one major success. Anyone who questions military spending at this point is simply going to get shouted down with "well, we need that spending to go after terrorists".

The media also made a huge deal about the banks paying off their TARP losses from 2008 in 2010, and now making huge profits again already. What they don't tell you, is that under corporate law, banks can write off their loses from previous years against profits from current years. Therefore, not only did the taxpayer pay to bail them out in 2008, the banks used tax breaks on profits in 2009 to pay back that money in 2010, and make it look like they paid back the taxpayer. The taxpayer ended up paying twice.

People, Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura, David Icke and others of their ilke can now almost be seen as mainstream media for conspiracy theorists. If you are listening to what they're telling you to think rather than doing your own thinking and real research into current and historical events, you are still sheep being herded by the dogs, you're just not being led by msm, you're being led by people who are claiming that they have your best interests at heart.

You're not really awake unless you figure it out for yourselves. If you jump on everyone else's conspiracy theories, you're still sheep in the fold.
edit on 3-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

ok lets see...

1)Parroting the Official Story like its gospel. Anyone that disagrees is a crazy ol CTist.
2)Using the label "Conspiracy Theorist"
3)Misdirection from the real conspiracy. Where is the body? How do we know he was caught in the first place?
oh yeah lets just take a politician's word for it. Sure...

4)Bringing up Alex Jones,JV, and David Icke like they are Conspiracy prophets or something...
..phail..bad
5)Nothing on the new photo-shopped pictures and previous news of him passing away in 2007.

Sorry PR agent create another parrot account.
edit on 3-5-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
People scream big conspiracy because ...many stories seem suspiciously like conspiracy until the evidence given is substantially justified. Even then ..with the technology we have today.. it can easily fool people. Many people have caught onto this and even if the evidence is correct, it may not be enough to convince all people, when they have been lied to so much. It seems the TPTB have put themselves between a rock and a hard place and getting the people's confidence back is not going to be an easy task to do and maybe never again.
This is so sad, very sad....
edit on 3-5-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by ellieN because: hopely ..this time proved to be what I was trying to say. without being overly critical

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I can't believe that I can't believe that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, is actually butter.

Because you can't fake butter.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What I'm seeing is that TPTB are trying to overload the system with breaking news at a very fast pace. Using sketchy facts and changing stories, its causing those of us watching to bite on bad information. How many Osama death pic threads are out right now? TPTB are using the fact that all some people care about is being the first to break the news. All its doing is discrediting us and making us look like we are crazy people. Look how the BC issue turned out. The prez gets on CSPAN and pulled our punk cards. Its not about who's the first to get the news out but who is actually bringing facts and truth.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Everybody is technically a sheep.

Just because you are interested in conspiracy doesn't make you awake.
If you take information and process it yourself without somebody having to spoon feed it to you, then you are awake.

A lot of conspiracy theorists are usually sheep in a smaller herd.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think that if you read something in the MSM, and then conduct a thought experiment as to what the possible conspiracies that could possibly spawn a MSM report like the thing that you just read; Then form you own opinion as to what is the most realistic state of affairs considering both notions, then that is probably the most likely reality of the story.

in summary,
Read, explore possibilities, use your brain to decide what is the most likely reality.

The OP is right, if you automatically decide that everything that you read is a conspiracy, then you have a serious problem, and are 1 step away from wearing a tin-foil hat. Questioning your sources of information, however, is not a psychological problem, it's using your brain.

Automatically believing everything that you read in the MSM is equally stupid.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You are not truly awake if you don't consider that every news story is part of a conspiracy. You must not be a sheep.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Good point about the magician and the sleight of hand, conspiracies and cover-ups always seem like they're so complex but put like that it seems so simple.

If I remember right $73 million is spent annually on gathering intelligence information, which up until Osama being caught sounded like a tremendous waste of money. Still, I don't think that killing one person who was going to die soon from kidney failure anyway is worth nearly that much money. Unless him and his terrorist goons had the money to pay for his dialysis or whatever he needed to keep him breathing, and they were planning another major attack, but still that's a lot of taxpayer money. Besides, I believe that our own government was behind 9/11 and Osama was just a scapegoat, so to me it's not that much of a game changer. We're going to keep fighting those pointless wars that do not affect any American citizens except the ones being killed fighting, so it really does not matter to me.

I hate to say it but I'm slowly becoming one of those guys who sees a conspiracy in almost everything involving our government, but can you blame me? A non-stop bombardment of corruption, lies, and whatever else is going on in our government turned me into a suspicious guy I guess.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You're painting everything with a broad brush OP. I highly doubt that the intelligent people of ATS would ever say that everything on the news is a conspiracy. They don't just pull things out of thin air most of the time. They take an existing event and twist it most of the time.

One of the funniest little things I noticed, is that now that Obama is elected, they call him Usama in about 95% of MSM coverage. I guess they didn't want people getting Osama and Obama mixed up.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You're right. Everything ISN'T a conspiracy. Thank you, Captain Obvious. But, this Usama Bin Laden situation just happens to be one - next time you squak, have an example that actually supports your side of the argument.

Seriously, are people this blind? He's been dead for at least 5 years, and most legit sources even say 9+ - regardless, mathematics says* odds are it wasn't within the last 48 hours. Period.

No, my friends.

This is so obviously a psyop, it's insulting by even conspiracy standards!!!

And, there it is... Let's tug at America's heart strings and remember the 15 brave souls from Engine 54 of the NYFD that lost their lives on that fateful day back in 2001.

*sniff*

Perpetrated by that creep, Bin Laden [wink]
*grrrr*

But, We GOT 'im!!!

Hooray! (sings: "God Bless America...")

Get ready folks. Somethin's comin' - if nothing else, a quick little pump-n-dump (generated by a dead-cat bounce from all this bull# bin laden hysteria), one last time before the dollar/US economy *really* come crashing down - how would you even collect if you short, all the way down?

*There have been dozens of reported times he has died, and almost nothing after 2002 that show a legit, breathing, UBL - the probability that our administration is telling the truth, this time, especially after the supposed dumping-of-the-body-in-the-ocean story, is extremely, astronomically small. The math just isn't there, my friends. Don't fight the numbers.

edit on 5/3/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
While you raise very interesting points, I can't help but say this whole OBL is sending my BS radar off the charts. The videos of people celebrating, conversations I been having with people, and the fact that I can't go anywhere and not hear about it is driving me mad! It truly has made me see how very unique most of the ATS community is.

I literally can't even speak to people about the issue because their thinking is so off it would be pointless to explain even something basic as what about a little thing called evidence? One guy said that he trusts the navy seals word that he is dead. I just had to walk away from him because of how brainwashed our society is. Only 2 possibilities come to mind over this issue and that is that Obama desperately needed better ratings for re-election, which is very likely, and that there is something huge going on that needed to be blown out of the spotlight by this OBL story. I for one have been researching and can't seem to find anything. On a side note the silver market is going nuts this week and I haven't seen anything like it to date.

Also we know 100% certain Obama and Osama aren't the same person.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stigup

Also we know 100% certain Obama and Osama aren't the same person.

Republicans were so excited when they saw "Obama is Dead" on the news. Then, they reread it and there was a "s" instead of a "b"

Dang.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Why would someone be excited Obama is dead, so a person who openly says he is a Zionist can continue the puppet parade?

If Obama disappeared tomorrow, nothing would change.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

That was just a joke, my extremly ignorant, righty friend made.

I would rather you focus on my post, just above that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Being 'truly awake' is relative, you cant define it.

I personally would not consider a person to be truly awake if they felt that they had the right to dictate to others what the standard of being truly awake is. I would also consider a fellow human being to be truly awake when they are able to respect another's view, whatever it may be, without being critical.

Its not a competition

In fact, i dont really care whether you are awake or not.... I still love you

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Even though I don't believe we are kept inside so we want see the chemtrails..I do know that Osama Bin Laden is not now nor ever has been a threat to any person in the USA, other than TPTB and their trolls, but, chemtrails can and will hurt us, the true American peace loving people.....No, there is not a conspiracy in every lie the paid media puts out but...you better be able to discern what is good for you and what will hurt you....it will only hurt this human frail body of ours, yes, but we need to keep it and care for it as long as we can...it's all we have in this world to get us around so we might help others to see the truth....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The greatest conspiracy is how they have convinced the masses that conspiracy's don't exist.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Amen bunny baby. i'm starting to think it's from extreme drug use due to unemployment. lol
If everything is called a conspiracy then who with any intelligence is going to listen. The Facts. OSBL
is dead. I don't care when or how or by whom. The story sure has a lot of changes going through sure but who cares. They'd never Confirm it with a DNA match if the guy wasn't planted or fish food. How or why is really irrelevant. I'm surprised how much they did tell us. Naming the unit seems like a nice thing to do but it actually put's them in danger.

There's still so many unusual things going on in Syria, Egypt and Libya and nobodies digging. Plus they blew up a levee today and the South got wiped out by tornado's. Our weather is getting more extream, the dollars falling. nobody is seeming to notice.I like this site because it provides news with links to back up whats posted and different perspectives.Can we get back to normal?
edit on 5/3/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

I don't thing anybody is stupid enough to believe that they don't exists. But she is right on the money. Now a days every single statement or action is deemed a conspiracy. And that's impossible.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Okay where are your creditable sources that make you know that the man portrayed as one of the most evil man of our times was never a threat to anyone? Do you think he didn't kill and plan the death of soviet troops? or civilians? then why was he a danger to the powers that be?You don't believe he called for Holy war against the west? and I won't even bother asking you about 9/11. Yeah I'd like to see you back that up with some facts. Or did the aliens tell you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join