It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Man, everybody on my street deserves to get arrested and maced by storm troopers then. There isn't one day in the summer where people aren't drinking around a fire somewhere.
edit on 3-5-2011 by PplVSNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

That's right, ignore the facts, stick your head in the sand and pretend you have all the answers.

Let me know how that works out for you.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
The kids these days are not taught enough about the Constitution of the United States of America prior to entering college and that is a shame because they would know our constitution is pro peaceful assembly only and not for persons breaking the laws voted in by the majority of voters.
Show some pride and cleanup your act or we will put a stop to students grants and make you pay for the whole package.

edit on 3-5-2011 by rbrtj because: goofed

edit on 3-5-2011 by rbrtj because: fixed major typo bad hair day tooo

Troll the Troll-Meister is extra trolly today.

This is the most putrid thread I've seen on ATS to date. Enjoying the troll-fest and the ignorance. Can't wait until school is out for summer. Everybody in the pool!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Since this is a thread on police actions, I figured you meant that as a police uniform. But what are you then, military, rent-a-cop, McDonald's server, what?

Does it really matter?

But, since we're all about me, here - Petty Officer, Second Class, USNR.

I did a little research to see if you're just a troll or if you have some issues.

Looks like you've got some issues.

From your second post on the thread about pedophiles:

Well, aren't I a pain in your ass?

Fine, I'll go for the deflection.

So, you'll break the law if you think it's worth it.

It means my law and the law on paper are two different things. Nothing more, nothing less.

So, you WOULD kill someone if you could get away with it. You're just too lazy to.

I would not kill "someone" if I could get away with it. There is a very small list of people that I would actually kill. And it's not that I'm too lazy - it's merely that the risks far outweigh the results.

Similarly - this is why I do not support your position - and why I support the system of government and the rights of citizens to use this system of government in a civilized process.

I don't like cops, and I don't try to hide it. You, on the other hand, come on this thread acting like you're one of the good guys in "uniform" and defend the actions of cops who went overboard, yet you yourself would break the law, and even KILL someone else if you could get away with it.

I never claimed to be the good guy. I simply claimed to defend a functional and practical system as opposed to a system ruled by chaos and force. Simple as that.

You are a hypocrit, and I'm done with you and your BS.

You simply turned me into something you wanted me to be.

The problem, though, is that it doesn't really matter. What I have told you will happen - will. Your inability to comprehend the problem that faces America today is still just that.

Whether you like me or not - whether you agree with my personal standpoint or not - I am a far superior intellect to you, and you'd be wise to take what I have given you.

PS: That you seem to sympathize with pedophiles as well makes you pretty creepy. Get lost.

Forgive me for not joining the masses of "dur, kill everyone who so much as talks to a child."

However, it still has little to do with the subject at hand, my position, or your position - with relevance to this issue. Creepy or not - you're still backing rioters, and I'm still saying that if you riot - you get hit with non-lethal weapons until you figure out how to be more productive with your time.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

If you're going to act like the enemy - you're going to be treated like the enemy. In all honesty - the moment you raise arms against me, that means you're no longer civilian - you're a combatant and to be addressed on an equal level. Non-lethal? I couldn't care what you're rallying about or what kinds of ideals you hold. You got out of line and started being destructive - you were being addressed as civilians by using non-lethal weapons. Now you want to threaten my life and the lives of my fellow uniformed members? To hell with you.

I'm not an unreasonable person. I am not necessarily pleased with our government at this time. However - I am not about to trade a bunch of corrupt politicians for a pack of raging delinquents lead by what can only be described as war-lords.

And this ladies and gentleman is how law enforcement and military will justify to themselves for firing on fellow Americans. Notice he said if you raise your arms. Notice how he says, "you got out of hand".

My question is, got out of who's hands? Who's hands are someone supposed to be in? I thought that until someone caused harm to someone else they were free?

This is the reason why, if TSHTF I and many other people will have no problem liquidating "law enforcement" and their supporters.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The police were testing their ability to control an area, including vacating buildings with LRAD. It was a bit low of them to do this to and end of year college party, kind of cowardly if you ask me knowing full well that college kids are not a real threat.

Also kind of ironic as all the polices systems were developed by former "college kids".

It's a shame the students couldn't develop some smart non lethal revenge tactic... If they could somehow get '___' into all the thugs?

Oh well so much for the constitution.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by colbyforce

Thats fine.. I dont care for anarchists, sovereign citizens, or people who open their mouths about a topic without firt having all of the facts. I also dont care for people who have no concept of what personal responsibility is, or those who dont have a espect for the property of others.

You keep yelling about personal responsibility, shouldn't you include with it and perhaps place before it freedom? See you can only have personal responsibility if you are free.

What it sounds like is you want everyone to behave exactly as you and your kind want, mindless sheep who won't bleet even while being slaughtered. FLUCK that attitude!

All the people you state you don't care for have something in common...they believe in freedom, so basically you don't care for freedom...you're a facists.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

So, how much of the law needs to be broken, in your mind, before it is o.k. for law enforcement to take action?

If the action is gathering hundreds of riot police, dressing them in full body armor, and having them march like a phlanx of storm troopers in lock step beating and smashing anything in their path down a residential street, it takes a lot more laws than the few code violations evidenced to justify that kind of violent and dispraportionate force.

So let me make that clear, what ever minor crimes might have been occuring during this party don't justify that level of force.

Now do I have a problem with the TWO kids who placed the bicycle on top of the Stop sign being cited or arrested for petty vandalism?

No, but professional and courteous officers not at all. Ones who use minimal force and try to reason with the suspects first before using reasonable minimal force to affect a citation or arrest.

Do I have a problem with anyone starting a fire on a residential property being cited for a code violation if there is a no burn order in effect?

No, and all that takes is a couple of officers and a ticket book.

Do I have a problem with the police using bull horns to ask a crowd to disperse out of public rights of way no.

Do I have a problem with the police citing house owners for noise ordinance violations if the decible level really has exceeded code and they recieved a real complaint from someone other than themselves who were distubred about it.

Once again all that takes is a ticket book.

The police clearly used this party as an excuse to test out their Homeland Security Riot Toys and conduct an exercise.

Now in conclusion most of those code violations I would fight and win in court, but I do recommend that you accept them by signing them John Doe and writing UC1 without prejudice all rights reserved on the ticket and being polite to the officer issuing it.

The police simply used an unnaceptable and appaling level of force and the only justifications being made for it are imaginary ones.

I won't justify it and neither should you because the next time a phlanx of body armored strom troopers come marching down the street clubbing anything in their path, it might just be your street, and the only crime you might be committing is trying to get home from work.

Understand that excessive force is excessive force.

edit on 3/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

And this ladies and gentleman is how law enforcement and military will justify to themselves for firing on fellow Americans. Notice he said if you raise your arms. Notice how he says, "you got out of hand".

Generally, it's how most people justify firing on another person.

You think I like the idea of 'suiting up' and walking into an area where I am hopelessly outnumbered and confronted by angry, irrational people who will likely wish me bodily harm?

No. Nor does anyone else. We're not toys or symbols for you all to beat on. We're people - and will # you up in a heartbeat if you try and harm us.

My question is, got out of who's hands? Who's hands are someone supposed to be in? I thought that until someone caused harm to someone else they were free?

You don't have the right to block streets and intersections, destroy others' property, set things on fire, etc. It's really pretty simple.

Believe it or not, the Jones' will not be too thrilled to donate their house to your cause, after you've set it on fire.

You seem to be under the impression that your little romp&stomp is 'the people.' You're not. The majority of the community doesn't appreciate such behavior and expects the police to keep you all from turning over their car, ruining their favorite down-town restaurant, etc.

This is the reason why, if TSHTF I and many other people will have no problem liquidating "law enforcement" and their supporters.

Then the feeling is mutual. Just make it easy for us and congregate in an area with as few innocent bystanders as possible. Cluster munitions are wondrous devices.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by colbyforce

Thats fine.. I dont care for anarchists, sovereign citizens, or people who open their mouths about a topic without firt having all of the facts. I also dont care for people who have no concept of what personal responsibility is, or those who dont have a espect for the property of others.

Anarchy is ALL about personal responsibility. Anarchy is about taking care of yourself and your community without a big bro central government ruining all the fun.

Your colors are showing with this post, and they are ugly. It seems you just HATE people who are free.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Xcathdra

The difference between you and I - I know what im talking about when it comes to the Law, both at State and FEderal level. The difference between you and I is I deal with these subjects on a daily basis because of my profession, and you dont.

I view the situation as social.but also from a legal aspect. You dont - you only see what you want to see, and will do whatever you can to shift the blame from the people who were irresponsible, to that of the government.

The difference between myself and you is....fluck what State and Federal Laws you deal with on a daily basis! If the laws are corrupt and created to enslave the citizens (when desired).

It's the same as 4 people moving into a house and only one person creates all the laws for the house. That person basically uses and creates laws on the fly to get whatever he wants. Anytime one of the other roommates protests, he throws it in their face that they broke one of the house rules...which he created in his favor!

So of course the students may have broke some statutes and ordinances...we all do or can. They're designed for that purpose and to keep everyone moving in a orderly fashion to the beat of the same drum.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Answer these for me please:

1. Were any of the students breaking the law?
2. Were any of the students told to disperse and leave the area?
3. Did any of the students refuse to leave?
4. Did any of the students throw bottles towards EMS personnel?
5. Were any of the students harmed by police?

Now, I will state that not every PO carries out their duties in a honorable manner, but this is not to say that all PO's should be an enemy of the public. No matter what the situation, we can always learn something from it, on both sides.

My belief is that most, if not all, mass congregations of people that involve alcohol usually turn violent at some point. Such is alcohol's affect on the body and the result of a group mindset when inhibition is thrown out the window. To deny that this isn't the case, is absent of all reason and logic.

And not to paint too broad a brush but most college students (and high school) today don't have the slightest respect for other's property. When you have a society that has been brought up with an entitlement attitude, you get folks who act just like these and many others do.

The police had every right to do what they did. I'm sure many of the area homeowners are thankful that they were there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

You think I like the idea of 'suiting up' and walking into an area where I am hopelessly outnumbered and confronted by angry, irrational people who will likely wish me bodily harm?

You must because it is irrational to walk into an area where you are not welcome and you simply wish to exert control for the sake of control.

I wouldn't lie to yourself about that, you get off on it.

You don't have the right to block streets and intersections, destroy others' property, set things on fire, etc. It's really pretty simple.

The only intersection I see being blocked and the only street I see being blocked are by the police.

Yes some property was destroyed as an angry reaction to police brutality. Had the police attempted a more community oriented effort, a sane, and sensible one, that likely would not have occured.

Other than that the fires were on private property, trash fires, that quickly burn out, and unless a no-burn declaration was in effect perfectly legal.

The crowd was drunken, noisy and light hearted until the police showed up in Riot gear, there were no such acts occuring prior to police aggression.

Some of us actually do have eyes, and like to use them, and can actually recount events in the order in which they happened, and realize that there are such things as cause and effect.

The police responded with excessive force, they did so with malicious intent and pre-planning, they conspired to do bodily damage to civilians, they are the lowest form of life that there is when they conspire to do such things.

Are people going to angrily react to that, yes, as well they should.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForestBehindTheTrees
reply to post by Xcathdra

So, Xcathdra you completely ignore the real problems and issues we face as a society to put all your effort and time into defending the police on this issue when the videos clearly shows what most people deem as a party including myself.

So i ask again. Why did the police respond in such a military-type response, yet these same "police" will ignore calls to end violence and other degrading things in impoverished communities?

Please enlighten me on that since you seem to know every single officer is here to "serve and protect"

If you took the time to read the posts you would see EMS were assaukted with beer bottles while tending to students with alcohol posioning...

I can go into detail about the role of law enforcement, but it wont do any good when you dont understand basic laws, elements of those laws, and how they are enforced.

Why are you so intent on defending students who got out of hand, destroyed property that did not belong to them, ignored orders to disperse, threw beer bottles and the Police AND Ems, while starting fires (as the articles state).

link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So your problem is with the number of police and these new anti-riot devices?

The problem with your line of thought is that you live in fantasy land where a couple of cops and a ticket book can break up any mob (as long as they're professional and courteous).

So when the bottles started flying and the fires started, I guess these two miracle cops of yours would block these now airborne bottles with their ticket books whilst courteously asking fellow citizens to move along?

Please.

link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

1. Were any of the students breaking the law?

That is up to a jury of their peers to decide. Not a baton wielding goon in body armor who appoints himself as judge, jury and executioner.

2. Were any of the students told to disperse and leave the area?

If I or anyone is lawfully dwelling within a point of time and space, the police have no such right as to tell me to leave the area.

Unless a decree by the Emergency Management Agency has ordered the evacuation of an area for the safety of people due to some form of real impending or real occuring disaster.

3. Did any of the students refuse to leave?

Wouldn't matter if they did, if they had a lawful right to be where they were.

4. Did any of the students throw bottles towards EMS personnel?

This is not evidenced by the videos, and throwing something towards and throwing something at and hitting something with are all three distinct different things.

5. Were any of the students harmed by police?

Yes both phsyically and psychologically.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Generally, it's how most people justify firing on another person.

No. Nor does anyone else. We're not toys or symbols for you all to beat on. We're people - and will # you up in a heartbeat if you try and harm us.

Believe it or not, the Jones' will not be too thrilled to donate their house to your cause, after you've set it on fire.

You seem to be under the impression that your little romp&stomp is 'the people.' You're not. The majority of the community doesn't appreciate such behavior and expects the police to keep you all from turning over their car, ruining their favorite down-town restaurant, etc.

Then the feeling is mutual. Just make it easy for us and congregate in an area with as few innocent bystanders as possible. Cluster munitions are wondrous devices.

You must enjoy the idea of suiting up and oppressing people or you wouldn't do it. I nearly chose a career in law enforcement until I looked in myself and realized I don't enjoy oppressing people and enforcing corrupt laws. Doing so would make me as much a piece of # as the pieces of # who created such a system.

We're people too, and will FLUCK YOU up in a heartbeat if you over step your duty of Protecting and Serving. Police have forgotten that they can get their # pushed in too! Police really don't want to get the millions of citizens of this country fired up...because they will lose, even with all the tech they have, they will lose. So don't drink that koolaid that you're above the law...and I don't mean this corrupt law you're batting for!

My question is was there a request by other residents of this neighborhood in advance complaining of the things you cite? From my understanding, it's a annual event and I'm pretty sure most if not all the residents of the neighborhood participate and support this event. Had there been a history of complaints regarding personal property being burned down or cars flipped? Nothing I've read indicates so.

And addressing your final paragraph, I say again, all the tech in the world can not achieve victory for the corrupt law enforcement agencies in this country if shyt hits the fan! If the citizens truly get upset and decide to revolt there is absolutely nothing you and the rest of your over-lord buddies can do except find a bunker to hide.

On another note, other readers of this thread...rest easy. A change is coming to us people that will remove the threat of violence the elites and wonna-be slave masters use against us. It's the joke that God is going to play on them soon...LOL! They've wasted all this research and money inventing tech that will assure they can't be lynched in a revolt, all these cluster munitions, sound cannons, microwave cannons, etc., only it's not going to work and be useless against peaceful people.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Nope.. I posted the news paper article talking about what happened. I see you and a lot of others had no issues with the OP news source, since it was lacking info and made it easy to portray an over reaction of Police, yet when more details come out that support the other side, you challenege it, dismiss it, and then you start with these stupid round robin games of dissecting an article and word usage.

Walk away now before you embarass yourself any more. OR take the time to learn the law and how its applied.

After that, explain to us, since you have failed to do so, why you support drunk students who vandalized, started fires, destroyed city property, threw beer bottles at EMS and tyhe Police, and failed to disperse when told to do so.

Please, justify their actions..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Since #1 was yes, it renders the rest of your post moot.

Good luck to you with that attitude.

Oh, boo hoo for me. I don't get any stars because I believe the police were correct in what they did.

Go flag yourself.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ForestBehindTheTrees

Real crime? Please, explain to me what that is?

Any law violation is a crime... The officers were assigned to work the area because of the party..

Please justify the student actions that caused the police response..

Please, explain why its ok for drunk students to vandalize, destroy city property, start fires, and pelt EMS and Police with beer bottles.

You have yet to do that.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join