It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Bad mood today? Just arguing for the sake of arguing? Practicing to see how many forms of false arguments and straw men you can use in one thread? Smile, it's all real

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

First, I'm not "led" by anyone.

Then you are what would be considered leadership. It would make sense - since you have so many 'props' for your post with little further contribution.

Second, "be prepared to die?" Really? Come kill me then, tough guy.

No need to come to you. You've already decided to come to me and threaten me.

Nor do I claim to be tough. Dead is a null variable. I don't believe in honor or the 'sport' of combat. If there's a threat to me - eliminating it in the fastest, most effective method available is what I will do. I'm a scrawny guy. I'd rather not go hand-to-hand - part of why I'm a good marksman and an even better strategist.

I'm not armed, but since you're looking for an excuse to kill someone, I'll let you come kill me. If it satisfies your bloodlust and saves others, then come kill me.

Like I said - you have already promised to come to me and threaten me. "See a uniform - smash a uniform." remember that line? That came from you.

It would seem you are the one really looking for a fight. You support wantonly violent demonstrations and advocate the attack of people in uniform simply for that uniform.

I, however, clearly defined what is a target and what is not. Destructive citizens are targets for nonlethal weapons. Hostile citizens armed with weapons are combatants, and therefor nonlethal restrictions are lifted.

I don't care to kill anyone. However, you seem to be looking for a reason to start a fight and a person to fight against. Since it is likely the two of us will meet on opposite sides of such a dispute - I feel it is my duty to clearly inform you of what the risks are.

You can have your little protest and be a nuisance within your rights, because you're incapable of expressing your views any other way. I'll stand there and watch. Start setting fire to things and throwing random objects around - I'll deploy 'rubber claymores' and sonic weapons. Start shooting or pulling out other weapons (or objects clearly being used in a lethal manner) - and I'll shoot back and eliminate the threat like I would against AQ.

All there is to it.

Then maybe you should get out of "law enforcement" and join the military. You're definitely "militant" enough.

Of course, it's safer for you over, since over there they actually DO fight back. Here, the corrupt politicians (your words from earlier post) try to wittle away the rights of American citizens, but you'd rather "protect and serve" them.

That's why you're part of the problem.

ETA: Did a little research to see if you're just a troll or if you have some issues. Looks like you've got some issues.

From your second post on the thread about pedophiles:

There are people I would kill, mercilessly, the moment I saw the rewards of being rid of that person outweigh the risks and fallout of such action. By my own reasoning - I have already acknowledged that the law is something I regard as a consequence to be weighed against action rather than a principle to adhere to.

So, you'll break the law if you think it's worth it.

And from your fourth post in that same thread...

I simply haven't come across a situation where I had the opportunity and the ability to remain anonymous as the killer. Nor have I deemed it worth my effort to actively create such a situation.

So, you WOULD kill someone if you could get away with it. You're just too lazy to.

I don't like cops, and I don't try to hide it. You, on the other hand, come on this thread acting like you're one of the good guys in "uniform" and defend the actions of cops who went overboard, yet you yourself would break the law, and even KILL someone else if you could get away with it.

You are a hypocrit, and I'm done with you and your BS.

For others, here is the link to this clown's posts in the pedophile thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Aim64C

edit on 3-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes sir, you are a dink, a condescending dink at that. I don't know you, nor do I care to after listening to you ramble on about how the police were right and everyone else is wrong. my question to you sir is very simple, were you there? No you were not, I live one block away I visited a friend who lives in the apartments on Wheeler at one point. I was there for a few minutes only since I do not like crowds of any type. I would have had him come visit me, but he is disabled. In the few minutes I was there I saw the cops aggressively approaching kids who were on their own property and threatening to mace them if they didn't leave. I heard one cop tell the kid he didn't care, they all needed to leave. He seemed to reconsider when he realized he was being videotaped from the apartment above my friends. I don't know about any medical tent, but I do know for a fact that the police had a mobile command center set up on Albert early Friday morning. Seriously, as someone who was there and has absolutely nothing to gain from siding with the kids or against the police, this was set up and encouraged by the cops. They wanted a situation where they could crack down on these kids and show them who is boss. Its really that simple. You can say whatever you want and believe whatever you want but the truth is clear the cops crossed the line. When people get maced for sitting on their own porches, and can't breathe in their own homes because of the cops spraying mace deliberately in front of the doors, that is crossing every line there is. Personally I think the cops should (and probably will be) sued for excessive force, some should be hit with assault charges, and should be forced to publicly apologize to everyone involved. We have a football stadium for the occasion.

I may not have a law degree, but I still know right from wrong, the law often does not.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your stating your opinion, not fact, when it comes to who owns what property.. As you continually do to me, please provide us with a source that shows who owned what house and where.

ANd its not toally about enjoying the party.. The other part is acting responsible at that party and respecting the rights of non party goers and neighbors.

Your rights dont trump your neighbors just because you have 500 people in the street and only 1 house complains.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Which is all you are doing, stating your opinion and not fact.

Who knows maybe space aliens from Centari Prime live on one of those houses oooooooo and those kids are making earth look bad.

Where I come from one good turn deserves another, you don't complain that I am having a party this week, and I won't complain when you have one next week.

I will invite you to mine just in case you want to come, you invite me to yours just in case I want to come.

There are other forms of responsibility such as that.

I agree to indulge you, you agree to indulge me, that way we can both enjoy some occassional freedoms.

Responsibilities is what slaves, and employees have by the way.

Now lets get this party started...

Hit it Jimmi

edit on 3/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

link   
The kids these days are not taught enough about the Constitution of the United States of America prior to entering college and that is a shame because they would know our constitution is pro peaceful assembly only and not for persons breaking the laws voted in by the majority of voters.
Show some pride and cleanup your act or we will put a stop to students grants and make you pay for the whole package.

edit on 3-5-2011 by rbrtj because: goofed

edit on 3-5-2011 by rbrtj because: fixed major typo bad hair day tooo

link   

Why do you keep posting when you already lost the debate pages ago?

I know you claim to be a cop online (so you must like them), but you don't need to do this.

Posting the way you do, it doesn't help the Real police any.

You know this to be true.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sounds to me like maybe the coppers used the block party as an exercise to gauge how people would react to a military-like presence. Seems kind of overkill for a bunch of people doing what college students do.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Why do you keep posting when you already lost the debate pages ago?

I know you claim to be a cop online (so you must like them), but you don't need to do this.

Posting the way you do, it doesn't help the Real police any.

You know this to be true.

edit on 3-5-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

I was wondering the same thing and even asked him why is he against this party, but wont speak up on REAL CRIME. And telling everyone that was a riot is nonsense because most people on ATS is old enough to remember the live footage of the LA riots. Now that deserved a military-type response seeing as though that is what most people consider a riot

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
All I'm getting out of this thread is there are at least 105 (current flag count) student party animals on the board today. Just remember to not drive and keep a barf bucket handy and a little bail money tucked away.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I can't help but agree or feel that the fearmongers are not telling us something.

Why was there Trash everywhere?
I really don't think the police brought trash cans and scattered all through out the yards, you can have a good time without being a complete pig and lack of respect for nature.
It looks like a 3rd world ghetto or a tornado hit.

The truth is that the youth to people my age 25 have become so belligerent I kind of enjoy watching them get a taste of what actual repercussions are for once.

Here's another video before the police got there they are chanting and clearly burning something there are people with animals all around, it could have EASILY got out of hand if you don't consider this being out of hand

They are acting like mindless idiots in my opinion.

edit on 3-5-2011 by pop_science because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by pop_science because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
All I'm getting out of this thread is there are at least 105 (current flag count) student party animals on the board today. Just remember to not drive and keep a barf bucket handy and a little bail money tucked away.

Sorry sir, but i take offense to that statement. Not only am i not a party animal (having a job, kids, fiance does that, plus i like financial security), but I'm also NOT a student and do NOT drink. I flagged the thread due to the fact that I'm human and realized what the police did was overboard. I understand everyone has an opinion but generalizing does nothing for the issue at hand.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Well, if you would have read the posts from people that have been to this party in past, you would know that it does get a little messy. And you would also know that the college kids clean it up themselves. Obviously they didn't clean up this time since the police crashed their party.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Then maybe you should get out of "law enforcement" and join the military. You're definitely "militant" enough.

When did I ever say I was in law enforcement?

Of course, it's safer for you over, since over there they actually DO fight back. Here, the corrupt politicians (your words from earlier post) try to wittle away the rights of American citizens, but you'd rather "protect and serve" them.

You don't seem to get it.

I don't like the practices of this government at all. Burning down your neighbors house won't solve a damned thing. Nor will rioting in the streets or "smashing" uniforms.

You, in your own narrow-minded scope of thinking, believe you can decree what is best for everyone and warrant violence against whomever you deem to be an obstacle.

The police - the military - they are your greatest ally and resource. When you, as a nation, finally get your collective marbles together - we will be able to serve and protect as you want us to. However - so long as your idea of "changing the government" involves childish displays attempting to intimidate an armed response, you will find yourself at odds with those who serve.

That's why you're part of the problem.

What problem?

Your problem is that you can't even identify the problem.

There are people who want to see large corporations eliminated because of the power they hold within government. There are people who want to see government nearly eliminated to prevent corporations from utilizing government power. Two completely different approaches to the same problem.

There are people who want to use the government to ban things they do not like (like passing legislation here by a popular vote to arbitrarily restrict the number of dogs that can be owned by breeders) - and people who see that as an abuse of government.

I have openly criticized the entire concept of the TSA and how it's conceptually flawed. I have openly criticized the expansion of government into personal and business affairs. I have criticized the federal reserve and the FDIC.

The problem is - when anyone brings up the real issues - the problems with the complex tax system (how most of the wealth sits outside of the tax pool, and how the tax burden is shouldered mostly by the top wage earners... but the 'ultra wealthy' aren't wage earners) - the problems with social security and medicare/medicaid... etc - you find a complete lack of showing.

But I'm not about to let a bunch of hooligans tear this country apart by rioting and showing a complete disregard for the law and the rights of their fellow citizens to participate in the function of government within this country.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

I just added a video to my post, I don't consider fires as a "little messy"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Oh and here's another.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ForestBehindTheTrees

I was speaking in generalities and commenting on the level of the debate in this thread. Understanding that a society without laws and police, not to mention respect for others rights, is a society far worse than what we have is common sense.

You have a family and kids and your not concerned by the sudden equation of party's and riots with protests for good cause? I was not singling anyone out here. Did you actually have a look at the site this story came from?

I'm sorry but I don't see feigned outrage over a block party being broken up as reasonable and if you read my posts, you know I said both sides, including the police were wrong. Too often it's the case lately that both sides are wrong.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Earlier you said:

I wear a uniform.

Since this is a thread on police actions, I figured you meant that as a police uniform. But what are you then, military, rent-a-cop, McDonald's server, what?

I did a little research to see if you're just a troll or if you have some issues.

Looks like you've got some issues.

From your second post on the thread about pedophiles:

There are people I would kill, mercilessly, the moment I saw the rewards of being rid of that person outweigh the risks and fallout of such action. By my own reasoning - I have already acknowledged that the law is something I regard as a consequence to be weighed against action rather than a principle to adhere to.

So, you'll break the law if you think it's worth it.

And from your fourth post in that same thread...

I simply haven't come across a situation where I had the opportunity and the ability to remain anonymous as the killer. Nor have I deemed it worth my effort to actively create such a situation.

So, you WOULD kill someone if you could get away with it. You're just too lazy to.

I don't like cops, and I don't try to hide it. You, on the other hand, come on this thread acting like you're one of the good guys in "uniform" and defend the actions of cops who went overboard, yet you yourself would break the law, and even KILL someone else if you could get away with it.

You are a hypocrit, and I'm done with you and your BS.

For others, here is the link to this clown's posts in the pedophile thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Aim64C

PS: That you seem to sympathize with pedophiles as well makes you pretty creepy. Get lost.

link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Dude there is never any comprehending what a mindless armed henchman of the corporate state writes to justify it's the abuses and excesses of the cadre of armed henchmen who are nothing more than highway men praying on decent and unsuspecting people with over 600,000 codes designed to fleece them of money.

wtf?

You see death and mayhem in a trash fire, I see my dearly departed grandmother burning the day's rubbish.

wtf?

You see a riot in any three people congregating, I see human beings being social.

wtf?

You see the excessive use of force by people dressed up like Nazi Storm Troopers anonymous unthinking and unyielding in their desire to inflict violence as some how protecting the peace, while I see it as disturbing the peace.

wtf?

You see the control of the state in all things as a path to freedom, I see it it as tyranny.

wtf?

There is no comprehending a word you say.

Likewise.

So, how much of the law needs to be broken, in your mind, before it is o.k. for law enforcement to take action?

link   

Originally posted by AuranVector
reply to post by coldkidc

Kent State Shootings -- May 4, 1970 -- 41 years ago.

Armed uniformed Americans shot, killed & injured unarmed peaceful protest college students 05/04/70.

At this block party the students were pushed about by armed uniformed Americans.

Looks like we are making progress! This time no one was killed, injured or permanently crippled.

- turns sarcasm-keyboard back to 'off' -

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join