It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

So now the debate is "I'm smarter than you"?

You are indeed a "petty" officer.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So your problem is with the number of police and these new anti-riot devices?

The problem with your line of thought is that you live in fantasy land where a couple of cops and a ticket book can break up any mob (as long as they're professional and courteous).

So when the bottles started flying and the fires started, I guess these two miracle cops of yours would block these now airborne bottles with their ticket books whilst courteously asking fellow citizens to move along?

Please.

Once again you are being both dishonest and disengenous in how you are describing the situation.

Two plain clothes officers could have easily slipped quietly into the crowd and sought out house owners to write code violation tickets, the same kind of young undercover ones that are narcotics officers in Highschools and areas of town where street drug sales occur.

The fires were kids buring trash in make shift bon fires and were no threat to people or property.

Yes real cops back when Americans were treated with dignity sure would have been able to do that, because they didn't have riot gear and sound cannons and three neighboring police departments deployed to respond to an anual party where no one has ever been killed or died, and the kids clean up the mess when the party is over.

You can keep trying to make it out ot be something it wasn't but history does not bear out your contentions and neither does the video evidence.

When the cops started showing up like storm troopers the kids started reacting to their violence and thuggish behavior and well they should.

Such excessive police actions should not be tolerated against the citizenry.

Such blatant distortions as the ones you are trying to create to justify such excessive force should not be either.

Not up for the rigors and dangers of police work, then get a job driving a milk truck.

edit on 3/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science

The truth is that the youth to people my age 25 have become so belligerent I kind of enjoy watching them get a taste of what actual repercussions are for once.

Exactly! There looks like a lot more going on to me. Kids nowadays are just simply out of control because they never had any discipline in there lives.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by AuranVector
reply to post by coldkidc

Kent State Shootings -- May 4, 1970 -- 41 years ago.

Armed uniformed Americans shot, killed & injured unarmed peaceful protest college students 05/04/70.

At this block party the students were pushed about by armed uniformed Americans.

Looks like we are making progress! This time no one was killed, injured or permanently crippled.

- turns sarcasm-keyboard back to 'off' -

Wow, talk about comparing apples to brownies.. Kent state was a political demonstration, not a block party. The block party by the way was on a public right of way, namely the street. The permmission granted to do that just as easily be revoked if the people present arent going to behave in a responsible manner.

Weve been over this numerous times now about the actions of the students and how their actions caused the police response.

Why are you guys so determined to defend the student behavior when it is clearly illegal.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Since #1 was yes, it renders the rest of your post moot.

Good luck to you with that attitude.

Oh, boo hoo for me. I don't get any stars because I believe the police were correct in what they did.

Go flag yourself.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

No #1 was not yes, and you really do not do yourself any favors in misrepresenting things.

I clearly said...

That is up to a jury of their peers to decide. Not a baton wielding goon in body armor who appoints himself as judge, jury and executioner.

Now you want to know why the police have no credibility, look at how casually you just threw any illusion of yours away!

I did not say yes, I said what is constitutionally correct, any one accused of a crime is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of their peers.

So if making your arguments requires you misrepresenting what others say, and or do, why would we the people be served by having such people in a position of authority?

Answer: We wouldn't.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
reply to post by pop_science

Man, everybody on my street deserves to get arrested and maced by storm troopers then. There isn't one day in the summer where people aren't drinking around a fire somewhere.
edit on 3-5-2011 by PplVSNWO because: (no reason given)

I see you are trying to draw a paralell that is not even close. Your people arent starting fires in the streets or someone elses front yard.. They dont number in excess of 3k as this party did.. YYou guys arent throwing beer bottles and EMS or Police..

Not even close to being the same..

Unless you guys do do this, which in that case yes, you all should be arrested and cited.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
how much more are we going to take?
how many more brothers and sisters have to suffer because of this?
we need to put a stop to this now, before the next false flag or were totally doomed..
dont live in fear but in love

edit: come to think about what i just said.. my brains overloading trying to find a way to put a stop to this..

edit on 3-5-2011 by JayXBraun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Since you don't know the law, then how can I expect you to respect the law.

Good luck to you.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
And this ladies and gentleman is how law enforcement and military will justify to themselves for firing on fellow Americans. Notice he said if you raise your arms. Notice how he says, "you got out of hand".

My question is, got out of who's hands? Who's hands are someone supposed to be in? I thought that until someone caused harm to someone else they were free?

This is the reason why, if TSHTF I and many other people will have no problem liquidating "law enforcement" and their supporters.

And this ladiues and gentlemen is how ignorant this statement is. God forbid law enforcement actually do their jobs when 3k kids get together for a block party which gets out of control. God forbid the students actually behave and act responsibly.

They want to be treated like an adult, yet its very clear they are immature and unable to act appropriately. They should have looked down the road at the consequences of vandalising property that does not belong to them, tresspass, throw beer bottles at EMS and Police, burn stuff in the street.

/sarcasm
Yup.. the government is the real problem here....

please...

/end sarcasm.

If the students didnt want the cops to act in that manner, maybe they should have not broken the law in the manner they did.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Man, you guys really need to read the Constitution, FEderal law as well as where you live.. Your personal freedoms exist, then are curtailed the moment they infringe on the rights of the others.

Please, learn the constitution before you start yapping about freedom.

Personal responsibility goes hand in hand with freedom... Why?

Because when you dont act responsibly, that freedom can be, and in this case, was curtailed to protect the freedoms of the other people in the area.

You dont have a consitutional right to destroy property or throw beer bottles at Police and EMS.

If you think these kids were within their rights, then you need to demand your money back from the schools you went to because they failed you.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Nope.. I posted the news paper article talking about what happened. I see you and a lot of others had no issues with the OP news source, since it was lacking info and made it easy to portray an over reaction of Police, yet when more details come out that support the other side, you challenege it, dismiss it, and then you start with these stupid round robin games of dissecting an article and word usage.

Once again a news paper article is not proof of anything but a news paper article. It has no authority vested in it, it is not admissible in a court of law, it has no to little liability for errors accidental or deliberate in it's account, it is not sworn testimony, it is simply a retelling of events by one person.

When that one person's retelling does not over come actual video evidence that places us ALL at the scene, when we are ALL at the scene, it now becomes OUR word against that persons word as far as versions of evidence, and video evidence is very much admissible in a court of law.

Walk away now before you embarass yourself any more. OR take the time to learn the law and how its applied.

I know the law and how it is to be applied and this was a clear case of excessive use of force and police brutality.

Which is why I will be neither walking away or embarassing myself, since all it takes for evil to succeed is a good men to turn away in the face of it.

After that, explain to us, since you have failed to do so, why you support drunk students who vandalized, started fires, destroyed city property, threw beer bottles at EMS and tyhe Police, and failed to disperse when told to do so.

Who says all the students were drunk, I gaurantee you many weren't drinking, including many beaten savagely by the police, starting fires is not against the law if they are contained on private property and no, no-burn decrees are in effect by the Fire Marshall, there is no evidence of beer bottles being thrown at EMT's or the police, in the latter's case prior to them assaulting the crowd with excessive force, the police do not have the authority to tell people to disperse on private property in absence of a legitimate emergency or crime, and neither was present in any sufficient way to justify the level of police response or force or actions.

Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by colbyforce

Thats fine.. I dont care for anarchists, sovereign citizens, or people who open their mouths about a topic without firt having all of the facts. I also dont care for people who have no concept of what personal responsibility is, or those who dont have a espect for the property of others.

Anarchy is ALL about personal responsibility. Anarchy is about taking care of yourself and your community without a big bro central government ruining all the fun.

Your colors are showing with this post, and they are ugly. It seems you just HATE people who are free.

Well first off lets clear up a few errors.. People are free, as these students were, to behave as they want. These students freely made the decision to agther en masses for a block party. These students freely made the choice to drink to excess. The students freely made the choice to burn items, destroy citiy property, vandalize, throw beer bottles and EMS and Police.

These students freely made the choice to dsiregard police messages to leave the area.

The students freely made the choice to ingore those orders, and they freely made the choice to confront law enforcement.

Secondly, learn what anarchy is before you use it.

Anarchy -

a: absence of government b: a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c: a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government

a: absence or denial of any authority or established order b: absence of order : disorder

: anarchism

See anarchy defined for English-language learners »

See anarchy defined for kids »

Examples of ANARCHY
Anarchy reigned in the empire's remote provinces.
When the teacher was absent, there was anarchy in the classroom.
Its immigration policies in the last five years have become the envy of those in the West who see in all but the most restrictive laws the specter of terrorism and social anarchy. —Caroline Moorehead, New York Review of Books, 16 Nov. 2006

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Since you don't know the law, then how can I expect you to respect the law.

Good luck to you.

I know the law quite well, and I also know this, when laws become the tool of tyrants and tyranny such as evidenced rules the land, then the OUTLAW finds his place in history and becomes the hero.

Laws are simply constructs made by a small group of human beings to profit off of and control a much larger group of human beings.

That you are on the supply/profit side of the equation gives you no greater moral authority than my own. In fact it deminishes your moral authority as you are not free to decide the justness of the laws but simply follow those orders given to you in exchange for money.

I on the other hand can reject any and all laws I choose to based on my own morality and concious.

You can try to prevent me from doing that as an armed henchmen who blindly follows orders, and I will beat you every time as a human being capable of independent thought.

Just in case you want to know how it all really works!

Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Why does everyone keep saying the kids got out of control. This was a party. I LIVE RIGHT THERE, there was no riot. It was only AFTER the police pulled out their foot patrols and brought up the response team that things got out of hand. I WATCHED THE PARTY!!!! Quote any thing you want I report what I saw. Get the difference? There was no mass destruction of property. One sign and a bike. one small fire. Goons show up bottles start flying. Why? Because everyone knew the police didn't want this party to occur. Plenty of tickets were given out before the break down. Passed out by patrolling officers. Can I say it any more simply before it gets through. The POLICE were the ones out of control.

now, I will check later, since I have to go to work at WIU.
edit on 3-5-2011 by RichardA because: (no reason given)

link   

Do you have evidence that the fires were not started on the lawns of people consenting? What does group size have to do with it? People have a right to assemble, and where is the video/photo evidence of people throwing bottles at other people?
No matter how you try to spin it, this was not a riot and did not require the use of riot police. The police had no right to compel the people to disperse leave their own properties.
edit on 3-5-2011 by PplVSNWO because: (no reason given)

link   
I was actually at the Wheeler Block party. I was down at the end of the street which was about 2 blocks from the party, the riot police started to break down the party on our end before riots started. While students started running from the riot police, a riot started out, this took place 2 blocks from me. As the fire started the normal police started watching the fire and sign get ripped down. Five minutes after the fire started the riot police arrived at that block. The initial reason that the riot police started was because several students had to have medical treatment for over drinking. The president of WIU warned students throughout the week that upwards of 100 police would be at the party; students also could not have non-WIU students into dorms. The pre-reaction of the school brought much resentment towards the police and WIU response. Everything was going fine until the riot police came in...then well the riot broke out. All sides could have done a better job at dealing with the situation, but I physically saw with my own eyes police (not riot police) walk up to a porch and pepper spray everyone on the porch. After spraying the residents the police women then proceeded to walk up the stairs and spray into the open door of the house. Also saw massive amounts of students throwing beer bottles and cans at the officers. The residents of Wheeler went before the community to ask for permition to have the party it was denied, but because the party took place on private property, well they couldn't stop it from happening. This is why the President of WIU put forward his plan to stop the party but it did not stop the party mostly because many of the people at the party were not even WIU students. The students that did come went their specifically because we know something was going to happen. The President and the community could have dealt with this in a better way as they know the block party happens the same weekend every year for the past 20 years. I think that the best way for this situation would have been if the President and the community would have set aside non-residential area to have the party. Since there is plenty of that around WIU campus. This would have created a safer environment and the cops could have much more easily taken people away when things got out of hand. The main thing I want to get across is the riot did not start until the riot police came onto the scene.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Walk into an area your not welcome? This is not Iraq.. People, including police and EMS, can travel into whatever area they choose, as can others.

You need to eaither learn US law and how it works over here, or you need to stop posting because so far, you are so lost its not even funny. Go back to the Hamas thread.. you were more credible there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by taskforce4256

Not if obama gets his way.. new legislation is pending that would require registration for the purchase of rifles in the 4 southern border states thanks to operation gunrunner.

How will he get his way with a republican controlled house? That's where the bills originate correct?

ATF began Project Gunrunner as a pilot project in Laredo, Texas, in 2005 and expanded it as a national initiative in 2006.
--wiki

So if Operation Gunrunner is successful then it appears it was Bush and the Republicans who got their way correct?

As for the topic at hand. Extreme situations call for extreme measures. These kids are out of control. They are destroying whatever neighborhood that is. They are starting fires and destroying public property. And call me crazy but I don't think a simple order to disperse would have worked.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well, that completely underminded your Hamas rant.

If the news paper is not a valid source, then your argument has failed since you are basing your argument off the OP. Videos are not a source of absolute proof of anything that has occured.

So now what?

And no, really you have no idea how the law works. Your responses to date have proven that.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Walk into an area your not welcome? This is not Iraq.. People, including police and EMS, can travel into whatever area they choose, as can others.

You sure do treat it like it is Mister.

Travelling by the way is a process of continuous movement not stopping in one place in a phlanx dressed in riot gear and then inciting a riot to test out your Homeland Security Toys purchased by the Government for Local Police Departments to act like this is in fact Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join