It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Dude there is never any comprehending what a mindless armed henchman of the corporate state writes to justify it's the abuses and excesses of the cadre of armed henchmen who are nothing more than highway men praying on decent and unsuspecting people with over 600,000 codes designed to fleece them of money.

You see death and mayhem in a trash fire, I see my dearly departed grandmother burning the day's rubbish.

You see a riot in any three people congregating, I see human beings being social.

You see the excessive use of force by people dressed up like Nazi Storm Troopers anonymous unthinking and unyielding in their desire to inflict violence as some how protecting the peace, while I see it as disturbing the peace.

You see the control of the state in all things as a path to freedom, I see it it as tyranny.

There is no comprehending a word you say.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Dude there is never any comprehending what a mindless armed henchman of the corporate state writes to justify it's the abuses and excesses of the cadre of armed henchmen who are nothing more than highway men praying on decent and unsuspecting people with over 600,000 codes designed to fleece them of money.

OIn the off chance you care, and I know you dont, this is where I stopped reading your post. You accused me of saying something I did not. Alcohol poisoning is a serious, life threatening condition. To interfere with EMS trying to treat those people IS irrespsonsible on the part of drunk students.

The difference between you and I - I know what im talking about when it comes to the Law, both at State and FEderal level. The difference between you and I is I deal with these subjects on a daily basis because of my profession, and you dont.

I view the situation as social.but also from a legal aspect. You dont - you only see what you want to see, and will do whatever you can to shift the blame from the people who were irresponsible, to that of the government.

Where exactly do you place accountibility in this equation with reference to the student actions? Your ok with their behavior from start to finish?
edit on 3-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

X, I agree with what you're saying, but I gave up trying to debate with ATS users a long time ago. Almost everyone is stuck in an "Us vs. Them" mentality, paint the masses that aren't them with a wide brush (IE all Cops are evil), and generally lives by some illusion that different people/a "regime" change could somehow better things.
...Or that they can better things all by themselves with their unerring vision.

It's really disgusting to see in a place that is supposed to Deny Ignorance, such biased and childish labeling and how lack of thought prevails. Never some of the group are bad, but rather ALL of them. I've said it in the past, Are ALL conspiracy theorists brain damaged serial killers waiting in the rafters? I mean, all cops and soldiers are evil. All politicians are corrupt, and -insert flavor of the month whine-fest here- are after our social security/money/accounts/freedoms.

So best of luck, brother.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Your last sentence says EVERYTHING that is wrong with you, and with police in general. You KNOW the politicians are corrupt, yet you'll stand in a line and "protect" them because they pay your salary (per your first sentence in this post). That makes YOU corrupt as well, and you deserve whatever gets dished out to you while "in the performance of your duties."

No - it says everything that you are missing.

Do you think you are the -only- one with ideals and passion for them? Can you not look around this board? There are people here - both equally upset over the way the government is doing things - but on completely opposite ends of the spectrum. There are people here who want to replace the government and get rid of large corporations (via what means, I'm not really sure) - and then there are others who simply want to get back to a more simple government that leaves them (and everyone else) alone.

The two ideals are rather incompatible.

Who do you think you will be shooting after you are done shooting at officers? You will begin shooting each other and blaming each other for the ills of the past.

That is why you are led by nothing more than warlords - people who want their own power and influence to reign supreme over others.

That is why I don't care what ideals you have. If you can't figure out how to sit down at the table and talk things over without trying to shoot your way into power, then you have no right to exist at all.

It is foolish. You are given vast amounts of power through the political system. When you fail to use it and things don't go your way, you immediately start trying to enact your will through any other means you can think of. If you try to go the way of armed force - you'd better be prepared to die. Because I will not hesitate to protect the more reasonable citizens of this country from your insanity.

Have a nice, you jack-booted thug.

I find your choice of words interesting.

I'm a thug because I am for -stopping- a group of people from committing senseless and uncontrolled destruction.

You are the real thug. "I didn't get my way - I'm going to set a house on fire for no reason. That will teach them not to listen to me!"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sun poisoning is serious too! Should we have the Riot Squad hit the beach next!

You really imagine people can't take care of themselves and their friends don't you? They we all need big brother constantly to protect us from ourselves?

What a bunch of nonsense.

Hey dude Susie looks green and isn't breathing!

Oh wow, let her rest she will be fine.

No one has died at any of those previous events, you don't have a precedent to stand on.

Any way trans saturated fats are real dangerous, better get SWAT out to Mickey D's ASAP.

Oh and people sometimes die of broken hearts, better outlaw dating too!

It never ends with control freaks.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by colbyforce

Gotta hand it to you. You are a persistent bugger.

Pardon me for presenting and opposing view supported by evidence. I thought the intent on this site was to deny ignorance and seek the truth, not to act ignorant and ignore the facts.

Spoken like a true soldier. You're probably a vet too.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You really are going to avoid the issue at all costs arent you. Sun poisoning... wtf...

The students were intoxicated to the point of having alcohol poisoning.
EMS were treating these people when driunk students started throwing beer bottles at them.

What exactly is your malfunction in comprehending this simple point.

drunk students throwing beer bottles at EMS (Emergency Medical Services) while tending to their patients.

Why are you unable to accept that fact? Why are you unwilling to admonish the students for those actions? Do you hate the Governmet / America that much that you are willing to place EMS in danger?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I posted that video on facebook, and fb deleted it. What in the hell?!

-B

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You have some medical reports to back that up? How many were admitted to the hospital to have their stomachs pumped.

How many 9-1-1 calls do you have?

Anything?

Was it all reported on the Hamas web site?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Gotta hand it to you. You are a persistent bugger.

Pardon me for presenting and opposing view supported by evidence. I thought the intent on this site was to deny ignorance and seek the truth, not to act ignorant and ignore the facts.

Spoken like a true soldier. You're probably a vet too.

I would rather take part in the process and make changes that way, than come to a chat room and complain while making innacurate statements that reinforces your complete and total lack of education on what the law is, how your rights work, and understanding that being drunk and detroying property is wrong.

I am going to guess your a pot smoking moron who is upset that you cant do whatever you want, in addition to having multiple run ins with law enforcement during your lifetime. Did you finish higschool, or did you drop out for the big promotion at McDonalds?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You have some medical reports to back that up? How many were admitted to the hospital to have their stomachs pumped.

How many 9-1-1 calls do you have?

Anything?

Was it all reported on the Hamas web site?

Go to the County 911 emergency mangement page for the 911 calls if they are posted. If not you can get them through a freedom of info request.

The Hospital records are private. There is a law called HIPPA that prevents the Hospital from releasing the details you want.

Apparently your going to debate in the typical ignorant manner of people posting information, and you jut not reading it, comprehending it, or just plain ignoring it because it does not support your argument. Pay attention -

From my post here 2-3 pages back

Source

Barker said city officers, along with McDonough County Sheriff’s deputies, WIU officers and state police began walking Wheeler Street, asking the hoards of partygoers to get out of the street.

Barker said EMS paramedics were treating multiple victims of alcohol poisoning and setting up makeshift medical stations at the Wheeler and Albert intersection, as well as Wheeler and Charles streets.

“As they were doing that, they began receiving all kinds of beer bottles being thrown at them and they were overwhelmed,” Barker said. “That’s when they requested to bring in the mobile field force, which we had back in reserve.”

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I would rather take part in the process and make changes that way, than come to a chat room and complain while making innacurate statements that reinforces your complete and total lack of education on what the law is, how your rights work, and understanding that being drunk and detroying property is wrong.

This though is precisely what you are doing coming to a chat room and complaining that everyone should worship the police state and it's armed henchmen while typically misportraying the law, and using every flimsy excuse in the world you can latch on to in order to attempt to justify police brutality.

When that doesn't work you simply attempt to insult people.

I am going to guess your a pot smoking moron who is upset that you cant do whatever you want, in addition to having multiple run ins with law enforcement during your lifetime. Did you finish higschool, or did you drop out for the big promotion at McDonalds?

Here we see the disdain that armed henchmen of the state have for people that allows them to hide behind plexiglass sheilds and masks, and refuse to allow people to video tape them as they line up in mass to indiscriminately beat and terrorize anyone that they target for such vile deeds through this exact type of perverse and dangerous assumptive thinking.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So in other words, no you don't have any evidence at all to back up your claim that people were suffering from alcohol poisoning and that EMT's were having bottles thrown at them while trying to treat them.

I thought as much.

Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Whoever suggested we hire Xe or DynaCorp to help protect us citizens from these dirty corrupt authoritarians was right.

I want to hire mercs now plz. I need high quality protection.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So, you are saying that you are too lazy to read the article that I quoted above where it gives the answer you were asking for.

Pathetic attempt to obfuscate the facts. Not surprising though since its the way you argue. Ask for facts, you get them, then you completely ignore them because it makes you wrong, then you just make a childish statement the info was not provided.

You make your argument like the murderes in hamas.. You sure you dont live over in that area? You seem to have that type of mentality.. you know, ignoring the truth and facts while making your own up.

Again, go up a few posts, your info is there.

HERE IS THE INFO YOU WANTED

From my post here 2-3 pages back

Source

Barker said city officers, along with McDonough County Sheriff’s deputies, WIU officers and state police began walking Wheeler Street, asking the hoards of partygoers to get out of the street.

Barker said EMS paramedics were treating multiple victims of alcohol poisoning and setting up makeshift medical stations at the Wheeler and Albert intersection, as well as Wheeler and Charles streets.

“As they were doing that, they began receiving all kinds of beer bottles being thrown at them and they were overwhelmed,” Barker said. “That’s when they requested to bring in the mobile field force, which we had back in reserve

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

First, I'm not "led" by anyone.

Second, "be prepared to die?" Really? Come kill me then, tough guy.

I'm not armed, but since you're looking for an excuse to kill someone, I'll let you come kill me. If it satisfies your bloodlust and saves others, then come kill me.
edit on 3-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I got to page 8 reading all the comments and viewing the videos before i decided to reply. I have to to say Xcather you're making the police look even worse from your comments. It seems that you have some type of vendetta against people having fun (after all, their in college and most will be come productive people to society) and would rather us all be non thinking, no emotion, cookie-cutter humans that only wish to satisfy the beliefs of less than 1% of the entire worlds population.

Let me tell you something. I was born in poverty and have been struggling my entire life to become this same person that you want everybody to be. I live in some apartments that routinely have people shooting indiscriminately, selling drugs, and constant fighting. I find it absolutely infuriating that they can bring SWAT and all kinds of gadgets for what looks to be college students ending the college year with fun, but when people get shot at in my apartments they DON'T EVEN SHOW UP! The worst part? There's people like you who will investigate this and defend the police till death, but you wont get on their asses to tackle REAL CRIME.

You sir, have some growing up to do.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ForestBehindTheTrees

And your making yourself look bad by condoning drunk students who vandalised property, started fires, pelted EMS workers who were taking care of students with alcohol poisoning with beer bottles, and then throwing beer boittles at the police.

These students are adults and made a choice. Any partiuclar reason you guys ignore the concept of personal responsibility?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Oh so the word of one person Barker is all that is needed?

I see so if I say so and so did such and such on a web site to justify police brutality then it's ok?

Sounds like a butt covering excercise to me, I sure don't see any paramedics having bottles thrown at them in the videos.

The videos speak for themselves, they really do.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So once again, the info you ak for is provided, and again you dispute it because it doesnt support your argument. I cited the source for you to read and verify.

They, EMS, were treating patients, and people threw beer bottles at them..

Why is that acceptable to you? Even if EMS was NOT dealing with any patients, why is it acceptable to you to throw beer bottles at them? How do you justify and condone that action?.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join