It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by taskforce4256
Okay, all of you hand-wringing posters are completely right. The cops need to lose all the hi-tech new toys and go back to the old crowd control methods - two warnings and a hail of lead. How does that work for you?

So long as all the citizens get to keep their rights to pack lead too.

How does that work for you?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
somewhere all of our past, current and future enemies are cheering "Die America, die!"

good going team blue nazi now a whole new generation of cop haters has been born some of which likey influential enough to get payback on your budget ass.
edit on 3-5-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by colbyforce

Its called a gig line and its done that way for a reason.

I really don't care what it's called, that was not my point, but thanks anyway.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Originally posted by taskforce4256
Okay, all of you hand-wringing posters are completely right. The cops need to lose all the hi-tech new toys and go back to the old crowd control methods - two warnings and a hail of lead. How does that work for you?

So long as all the citizens get to keep their rights to pack lead too.

How does that work for you?

Sounds like I need to buy a fleet of "Front-end loaders" to rent out.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce

If you dont care what its called and why its done, then dont criticise its use. This is part of the problem.. people bitch but dont care aout the consequences.. If people maybe looked down the road at where their own personal decisins and actions lead, the term gig line might mean something to you.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

Not if obama gets his way.. new legislation is pending that would require registration for the purchase of rifles in the 4 southern border states thanks to operation gunrunner.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

How is it that Arabs rebelling against their dictators is encouraged by this administration, but college students having a party get attacked by riot police?

Maybe because they are rioting, and the tax-payers there (who pay for the police and security services) would wonder why on God's green earth their house was allowed to be set on fire by a bunch of rampaging children.

This is insane!

This thread does display a certain lack of cognitive function, yes.

TPTB have this "If you see something, say something" program.

I love this "TPTB" nonsense. It's the easiest way to identify paranoid schizophrenics who can't comprehend anything happening without the involvement of the shadow government.

That said - a program designed to encourage people to report suspicious behavior is not really all that bad of an idea. Americans have a bad habit of presuming anyone who looks like they know what they are doing is supposed to be doing it, and should be left alone. Does anyone recall the program: "It takes a thief?"

Similarly - I can scope out power sub-stations all day, hang around where the B-2s pass over US-50 highway on final approach to Whiteman for way longer than I should... you all are literally lambs to the sacrifice of anyone who actually wants to put for the effort to harm you. Encouraging you to be a little less trapped in your own little bubble and to pay a bit of attention to what is going on outside of your own selfish existence is the best security measure this country could take.

We need one of our own. "If you see a uniform, smash a uniform".

This is the kind of talk that is simply stupid - and seeing how many stars you have gotten for this post worries me.

I wear a uniform. I'm not going to give you some tale of sacrifice and woe - I do it because I want to and because it puts me in a position to protect the people I care about... people like you - I really couldn't give a rat's behind about.

You sit there and encourage the attack of another person simply because of the job they have.

If you're going to act like the enemy - you're going to be treated like the enemy. In all honesty - the moment you raise arms against me, that means you're no longer civilian - you're a combatant and to be addressed on an equal level. Non-lethal? I couldn't care what you're rallying about or what kinds of ideals you hold. You got out of line and started being destructive - you were being addressed as civilians by using non-lethal weapons. Now you want to threaten my life and the lives of my fellow uniformed members? To hell with you.

I'm not an unreasonable person. I am not necessarily pleased with our government at this time. However - I am not about to trade a bunch of corrupt politicians for a pack of raging delinquents lead by what can only be described as war-lords.

Your last sentence says EVERYTHING that is wrong with you, and with police in general. You KNOW the politicians are corrupt, yet you'll stand in a line and "protect" them because they pay your salary (per your first sentence in this post). That makes YOU corrupt as well, and you deserve whatever gets dished out to you while "in the performance of your duties."

Have a nice, you jack-booted thug.

edit on 3-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

If you dont care what its called and why its done, then dont criticise its use. This is part of the problem.. people bitch but dont care aout the consequences.. If people maybe looked down the road at where their own personal decisins and actions lead, the term gig line might mean something to you.

Ok, you're right, cop. Give me a ticket.
edit on 3-5-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Get pissy all you want, and feel free to resort to name calling.. It comes back to personal responsibility, which appears to be something people in this thread are against. I wouldnt give you a ticket, I would however suggest that maybe you should learn the law ebfore opening your mouth. It might save you some ebarrasment.

The Police were present all day.. no problems...
The college students were drinking all day... no problems

It was untill some of those students exercised poor judgment by getting drunk to the point of it becoming life threatening. It was until the students decided to start vandalising proprty and assaulting EMS that it got out of hand.

The students were told to disperse, they did not.

Thats their decision, and as with all decisions, they have consequences.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by taskforce4256

Not if obama gets his way.. new legislation is pending that would require registration for the purchase of rifles in the 4 southern border states thanks to operation gunrunner.

I was speaking of "Front-end loaders" as in heavy equipment, not firearms. Some may think that the "people" will arm themselves and at the least, fight the police to a standoff. Anyone with a security background will tell you that only about 3% of the "people" would take up arms and less than half of them would have any type of relevant training. It would be a slaughter. Hence the need for the equipment.
Somebody has watched "Billy Jack" waaaaayyyyyy too much.
edit on 3/5/11 by taskforce4256 because: Forgot last line.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Get pissy all you want, and feel free to resort to name calling.. It comes back to personal responsibility, which appears to be something people in this thread are against. I wouldnt give you a ticket, I would however suggest that maybe you should learn the law ebfore opening your mouth. It might save you some ebarrasment.

The Police were present all day.. no problems...
The college students were drinking all day... no problems

It was untill some of those students exercised poor judgment by getting drunk to the point of it becoming life threatening. It was until the students decided to start vandalising proprty and assaulting EMS that it got out of hand.

The students were told to disperse, they did not.

Thats their decision, and as with all decisions, they have consequences.

No offense amigo, I just don't like cops or cop mentality, or police for profits.

www.speedingticketeliminator.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thats fine.. I dont care for anarchists, sovereign citizens, or people who open their mouths about a topic without firt having all of the facts. I also dont care for people who have no concept of what personal responsibility is, or those who dont have a espect for the property of others.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Man now the students were life threatening.

Do you actually have a case at this annual party where anyone even died.

So what do the police do when this life threatening situation develops, they split for an hour don their riot gear come back with some sound cannons because seconds they save lives.

Do you actually believe the insane police state nonsense you babble on and on about.

You really believe that a trash fire surrounded by hundreds of people who could stomp it out in seconds not to mention no shortage of beer to pour on it, are somehow risking murdering people with it.

That's absurd.

The Police waited until they had anything at all they could claim was a code violation and then they went in with full riot gear and high tech weapons to beat up a bunch of drunken kids because the police are a bunch of low life sadists who get off pushing people around.

It's real simple.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Most of the people that have been killed by police in america and other countries is because of social revolution to improve their lives from oppression of the corporate elite and kings/queens. Lots of union members in america as well as "hippies" protesting against vietnam.......

If your left...you go to jail or end up dead,

If your right...then your "right" as far as the government cares.

Thats why I bring up honduras, and I should also bring up general pinochet of chile and all the atrocities he committed.

Of course left governments can be brutal as well to protect themselves from the elite infiltrating it, but percentage wise I think we have more right wing dictators then left wing dictators.

Just my opinion. Corporations have become too powerful in america thanks to capitalism, and the military-industrial complex is thriving with new weapons making revolution very difficult. We need a Che Quevara?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Do you actually have a case at this annual party where anyone even died.

So what do the police do when this life threatening situation develops, they split for an hour don their riot gear come back with some sound cannons because seconds they save lives.

Do you actually believe the insane police state nonsense you babble on and on about.

You really believe that a trash fire surrounded by hundreds of people who could stomp it out in seconds not to mention no shortage of beer to pour on it, are somehow risking murdering people with it.

That's absurd.

The Police waited until they had anything at all they could claim was a code violation and then they went in with full riot gear and high tech weapons to beat up a bunch of drunken kids because the police are a bunch of low life sadists who get off pushing people around.

It's really simple.

Star for you brotherman.
edit on 3-5-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

LOL nice link...

The "rushed subpoena" is nothing new.. In legal terms the defense has a right to file was called a motion of discovery. That motion officaly requests all documents / reports relating to your case.

The radar certification varies from state to state depending on the type used. Pacing is valid if done correctly. I use my spedometer in addition to the radar unti in my vehicle. We are required to test our units before, midpoint and after shift, and that info goes into our report, in addition to weather conditions at the time, and if any semis were present during the acquisition for non moving radar use.

As with any other actionable offense, you are innocent until proven guilty. Its incumbent on us to proivide the report and info to justify the stop and any actions taken that resulted in a court appearence.

Not really sure what you think you are going to get from the link thats not already known.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

and this is why your arguments fail.. Go back and READ, then COMPREHEND, what I wrote. The EMS were dealing with students who had alcohol poisoning, which is LIFE Threatening.

Excessive drinking + all day / binge = high BAC + continued drinking = alcohol poisoning = life threatening condition of the student who has the symptoms.

While EMS is trying to deal with them, which usually include IVS of liquids, and depending on time frame a levage or toher med to absorb some of the alcohol, you have drunnk idiots throwing beer bottles at EMS.

So you are saying that is acceptable behavior and should be over looked?

Alcohol poisoning

Alcohol intoxication (also known as drunkenness or inebriation) is a physiological state that occurs when a person has a high level of ethanol (alcohol) in his or her blood. Common symptoms of alcohol intoxication include slurred speech, euphoria, impaired balance, loss of muscle coordination (ataxia), flushed face, reddened eyes, reduced inhibition, and erratic behavior. In severe cases, it can cause coma or death.

Toxicologists use the term “alcohol intoxication” to discriminate between alcohol and other toxins.

Acute alcohol intoxication results from a very high level of alcohol in the blood. This term is used by health care providers, often in emergencies.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Gotta hand it to you. You are a persistent bugger.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Che Quevara - LOL something tells me you dont know his history in its entirety and what he did.. But hey, if thats what you want, more power to you.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Gotta hand it to you. You are a persistent bugger.

Pardon me for presenting and opposing view supported by evidence. I thought the intent on this site was to deny ignorance and seek the truth, not to act ignorant and ignore the facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join