It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien footage. Real or fake? Experts, have yourself a look & discuss

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here is another version with added footage . It looks darn good to me. It also seems to come from different reels of film. I still cannot track down a source for this , but there may be clues in the text it provides.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Old footage leaked years ago, but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

On Wednesday, May 4th, the British media company ITN interviewed Nick Pope, who used to investigate UFOs for Britain’s Ministry of Defence, about the video. After watching the video, Pope said the video is one of the best hoaxes he has ever seen. He further stated: “This video isn’t going to change anyone’s mind. Believers will go on believing. Skeptics will go on thinking it’s a load of nonsense. If anything, a film like this is going to polarize people’s beliefs. Those who believe in UFOs and extraterrestrials will say, ‘This proves my point. I was right all along.’ Skeptics are going to say, ‘It’s such an obvious fake.’”
www....(nolink)/analyzing-the-latest-alleged-et-video-675/

So the best case against this is `It looks too good , must be fake`?
It was not what most people imagined it to be. A viral video for a movie. So , what do we have here?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

That's the thing though, with current CGI and even puppetry, coupled with the very fact that a majority of humanity has never seen something like that means that even if something was real and actual footage of something of this nature, who's to say really whether it's real or not?

Givernments will never admit anything, anyone who speaks out of turn will either be killed or discredited and the debate will rage on and on.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Obviously there is no sound with this film...
...so why bother recording the sound the film made when transferring it to video and/or digital?

My guess is that this is a hoax, and the hoaxers felt the "ratchety" film sound would add an air of authenticity or make it seem more mysterious.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What I did with this video is put my thumb up in front of my eye to block out the alien and checked what my brain thought. Even without the alien in my vision, the film still looked fake. To me, it's the aging filter they applied to make it look authentic. Without even considering the quality of the alien, that killed it for me.

If this was a film of somebody reading a paper on a park bench, I would have thought it looked a bit strange so I'm pretty sure I'm not just being biased or extra critical just because it's an alien.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There's 2 things that have never seemed to entice me into believing in them...1) Aliens and 2) Ghosts. Why? Simply because there has never been anything SUBSTANTIAL to base the claims on. I want to see some real stuff...not this crap, could this be E.T.? By now, you would think aliens would have paid us a visit...or would at LEAST be visible to us...in the night skies.

I've never seen a ghost, either; and for those of you that have....."pass it to the left" coz i want what you're smokin'. This dirt weed just isn't cuttin' it. I need something to make me "see things". Ghost can't exist in this dimension....the same as you not existing here, without your space suit aka, 'the body'! Give up the ghost chase! Unless, of course, you're chasing after the HOLY GHOST!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

I dunno man, I saw my first ghost when I was a child, definitely no drug taking there and I've never taken drugs in my life and still seen them on occasion. That's the hardest part of it, trying to convince someone who never saw a ghost that they do/could exist. I imagine those with alien encounters feel the same way about those of us who never saw one of those before.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
As a professional Animator since 1995, I have to say this sucks. The kind of stuff you'd see on a 1st year students demo reel. Im guessing you won't be seeing any footage of it walking around because its just too hard to animate well, unless they mocap it or are REALLY good but eh..this is poor.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

What is that mean? does it mean its definitely CGI but a poor one? or possibly real video?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Just looked through the first page and did not find this brought up but it is fake. Why would it have a digital time stamp whilst the old film effects and sounds? Also things likr part of the date have been removed which seems odd. You also have to ask where this footage come from and why did it only end up on Youtube.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
it just depends when the footage was made and how long it has been around for. it looks from watching it as though it were made between 30's-50's if this was the case then what people are saying is hoaxers had better technology than hollywood did in the 30-50's.

if this footage is something that has only been around a few years and just made to look old then it would obviously be fake.

does anyone know how long this footage has been around? i doubt it but that information could give a large indication.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
does anyone know how long this footage has been around? i doubt it but that information could give a large indication.

The footage is attributed to this fellow

ivan0135's youtube channel

If you google ivan0135 the general consensus is that he is a hoaxer.

When these videos first popped up, a known hoaxer tried to jump on the bandwagon here:

Presidential UFO - The Latest Live Alien Video Challenge

There are a few back stories to this and the characters involved, gets pretty convoluted and many people have spent months researching them/it.

Will post more links in the morning if you want ...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
As a professional Animator since 1995, I have to say this sucks. The kind of stuff you'd see on a 1st year students demo reel. Im guessing you won't be seeing any footage of it walking around because its just too hard to animate well, unless they mocap it or are REALLY good but eh..this is poor.

i dont think its CGI, its simply someone wearing a costume.

The CGI is to make the video look "old" afterwards - you can do this with any normal video editing program.

I agree, a 12 year old can make/fake those videos. They are as "real" as any other alien in whatever random hollywood movie. The aliens in star trek/star wars etc. also look "real"....so what does this prove?

edit on 7-8-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Here is another version with added footage . It looks darn good to me. It also seems to come from different reels of film. I still cannot track down a source for this , but there may be clues in the text it provides.

I can guarantee you that even in 1942 they already had WAY, WAY better cameras than this. This must be the worst, blurriest and fuzziest footage i have ever seen - needless to say it was deliberately made that way because otherwise it would be evident it's a fake.

And..HECK NO it does not look "darn good" to me...excuse me? Worst footage ever.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

well the general concensus is that everything alien and u.f.o. is a hoax, so it is no surprise people who provide footage or information are considered hoaxers by other people who think everything is a hoax. i appreciate the information though.

if this footage was hoaxed, can anybody here show us an example, it should be easily reproducable, especially seeing as though alot of people think it is a poor cgi example.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
well the general concensus is that everything alien and u.f.o. is a hoax, so it is no surprise people who provide footage or information are considered hoaxers by other people who think everything is a hoax. i appreciate the information though.

Well, that's definitely not the way I roll. I don't tar every ufo-or-alien brush with a hoax tag that's for sure.

However, in this particular case as I said, the dude/dudette's have been thoroughly investigated in the not so recent past by many a person.

ivan0135 (the owner of these vids) is still a bit of an enigma - not so much Judy Fältskog who is a proven hoaxer.

if this footage was hoaxed, can anybody here show us an example, it should be easily reproducable, especially seeing as though alot of people think it is a poor cgi example.

Yeah - I'd like to to see that too

There are a few 'debunks' out there - I'll try to get time tomorrow to add some links. Late here atm (Aussie
).

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Here are a couple of videos showing the Hoax .

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

yes that is a good point, it is clearly out of place and has been added to the footage. but i am unsure if it proves the footage is fake or that it has simply been added to footage that is real for whatever reason.

some of this footage looks real and old, if this can be replicated by somebody then i would be 100% convinced it is 100% a hoax.

at the moment i am leaning toward fake/hoax but am not 100% or should i say all possibilities have not been elimanated, it could be this guy got hold of some footage and added bits to it, which would mean the poster of these video's were dishonest but the footage was not necessarily fake.

so if somebody could replicate the 'old' effect as seen in the video's it would prove that the whole video was easy to create and fake.

when i look around for fake old effects i can tell they are fake. an example:

but when i watch the footage of the video's in question they look like genuine old footage, if somebody could reproduce the same effect then it would prove the footage is fake to, rather than just the poster who used it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

i was not accusing you of rolling that way, just incase i gave that impression, if so i apologise

but it is the way the subject works for the most part. i think there are more people who scream hoax to anything than there are those who eliminate all possibilities and judge things based on what we can confirm and not confirm.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join