It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien footage. Real or fake? Experts, have yourself a look & discuss

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Nobody has yet given me a good answer as to why there is that "ratchety" old film projector sound on this video.

I suppose someone could argue that the original footage this was transferred from was on an old-style movie reel, but why even record the sound of the movie reel in the first place when the footage itself was silent?

Years ago, I remember my father had all of our old "super 8" home movies transferred to videotape. The guy who did the video transfer for us did not record the sound of the projection equipment...
...I mean, why would he? Why would a person want to record all of the ambient sounds around them when doing a film-to-video or a film-to-digital transfer? Heaven forbid the person doing the film transfer coughs or sneezes or breathes too heavily.

edit on 8/7/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Nobody has yet given me a good answer as to why there is that "ratchety" old film projector sound on this video.

you are only questioning the profesional level of the technician?

otherwise the tape is ok?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

No -- I'm questioning why we hear the film noise at all. I would think the only way we would hear the film noise was if this was digitally recorded right off of a projector screen while the projector was running (and making noise) in the background...

...and this video does NOT look like it was filmed directly off of a projection screen; the contrast is too good to be a recording of a movie screen. Equipment that is used to do direct film-to-video or film-to-digital transfer does NOT record all of the ambient sounds in the room (i.e., it does not record the sound of the projection equipment).

It's my opinion that the ratchety film projector noise may have been artificially added by hoaxers to give this the feel of being an old film. To me it's like watching an bad TV show or movie from the 1980s where they show words appearing on a computer monitor along with a printer noise as each letter appears on the screen.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2012 by 2face because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I say fake, because of the timer at the bottom. What really old film has that?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Are there any abductees who can help us?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ok, I work in video and have had a look. It is possible that the footage (fake or real) was filmed from a projector in the room. I noticed the clicks were on time for the footage and also the projector speed changed with each clip because there would be less or more film left on the real at different times. For someone to come up with this wouls be be ingenious. So if it is a fake or not I do believe the projector noise could be real.reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Are there any abductees who can help us?

In what way? Verify that they recognize old Skinny Bob here as the alien who personally abducted them? "Yeah, that's him!" By their own admissions, most abductees admit that their minds were tampered with in some way. That automatically makes them extremely unreliable.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
EBE's do not have large blinking eyes,
the large black almond shaped eye like structure
is not the eye in itself,
but a device that is worn by the EBE
to enhance vision,
and can be removed by the EBE
when they are in their own environment.

Large blinking eye as per video = FAKE

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
This video looks so good it can easily be called a fake, but see for yourself.

Check out this video on YouTube:

www.youtube.com...

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

(next time, the thread will be trashed)
edit on May 2nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

i do CG and it's CG.. easily seen by it's movements having a mathematical acceleration - decelerations called spline smoothing.. it's easy to tell.. and who the hell would put the "old camera flicker sound" in it... what the hell does that matter

i detest films like this....

makes people who concern themselves like this seem like foolish middle school goofballs...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
for an old vid I think the frame rate seems high? The silly audio doesn't match up with frames...etc..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's CGI, and I'm seriously dissapointed that hardly anyone in this thread had the common sense to realise it. The eye blinking is the dead give away. Oh ATS, you've made me laugh once again. Seriously guys.........../facepalm.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
I mean, who actually has time to make these supposed "CGI videos", what would be the point?

And to any debunkers who wreckon they could do a better job, PROVE IT!

Um how about for their reels when they apply to work for a special effects company like Lucas Arts or Dream works.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelknives52

Don't worry about that Chris guy, I have concerns about his intellect, the fella's not too bright.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I found the same video...an extended version and...it's in spanish. It's the thought that counts right? lol

They may have an English extended....

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

It's sad we have to sift threw the fakes, from the possible's, to the...just don't know's, and so on. It would be easier if people weren't liars! lol

You know people, I've seen some post that put the average man down..( me) errr although I'm woman, because we don't know if it's cgi or not! I don't know what spline bleeding or smoothing is. So we need people to come in and point out why! Not put us down for not knowing. I don't know brain surgery...should I? You guys can be my first....

Stop being Rude! lol
edit on 2-5-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

Originally posted by Swills
This video looks so good it can easily be called a fake, but see for yourself.

Check out this video on YouTube:

www.youtube.com...

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

(next time, the thread will be trashed)

i do CG and it's CG.. easily seen by it's movements having a mathematical acceleration - decelerations called spline smoothing.. it's easy to tell.. and who the hell would put the "old camera flicker sound" in it... what the hell does that matter

i detest films like this....

makes people who concern themselves like this seem like foolish middle school goofballs...

I agree the old film projector sound is cheesy, but the movements look completely natural to me, so how would one tell the difference between mathematical acceleration-deceleration (spline smoothing) and the real thing? Also, I find it curious that one would go to the trouble of CGI-ing an alien that no one had seen before, wouldn't it be easier to go with an already known fake?

Someone said that this was part of some promotion for the Apollo 18 movie? I did a google search using those terms and just came up with the thread on ATS where that statement was made, kind of circular reasoning...........

And your statement judging people who "concern" themselves with issues like this, comparing them to foolish middle school goofballs is either unfounded judgement or a very unsophisticated attempt at social conditioning. Half the threads on ATS are on this kind of speculation, some of it may be off-base, but it is core ATS discussion.

Still not debunked to my knowledge, and very realistic.

edit on 1-3-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I would like to see some of the MANY cg/cgi "experts" on this forum accurately reproduce a similar clip using this as a benchmark for realism. Also, if this IS man-made imagery, consider that the technology used a number of years ago must have been quite archaic compared to what is in use at present, giving the "experts" an advantage, I believe.

I imagine this COULD be authentic, however, I am not an alien or cg/cgi expert.
edit on 312015 by seattlerat because: i can't spill very gewd

edit on 312015 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 312015 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I agree. Although I believe I have seen hundreds if not thousands of legitimate UFO pics and vids online, this is the only alien I have seen that has a shot of being legit. Rumor has it it was leaked to test public reaction.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ah my first thread after I achieved 20 posts. The good ole days lol

What's interesting is that many in this thread have accused this of being some form of viral marketing but after all these years we know that theory to be untrue. What's also interesting is that the YT uploader hasn't had any activity since.

I agree the sound is cheesy but the footage is fantastic. Still not debunked eh?

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join