It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

excellent advice my friend!

I can vouch for the farmers...

its almost been too wet to plant our crops
we caught a break from the rain and was able to plant our potato's

but even then... there was fear they would just rot, because of all the moisture...

If the ground is too wet... the seeds will just decompose,
instead of germinating

This year had a rough start with all the birds and fish...
and every other disaster, such as but not limited to...
record tornado outbreaks... historical floods...
Biblical Earthquakes...
Mass Riots and Rebelliion

I would imagine it would end on the same note it began with...
only this time, it might just have the entire orchestra to back it up!
edit on 5/3/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I kept my promise to Greenzie
I stayed awake with her...

It is currently 4:15am on the East Coast

I have been awake for a while

i think its best for me to go to bed,
i do so with regret!

Prayers to all

I WILL be back tomorrow to post once more in this thread!

We're not even remotely "out of the water" yet with this flood situation!

-Evol Eric
edit on 5/3/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
when is this supposed to happen...?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

there were three planned explosions. the first has definetly gone off. it was the largest. its hard to find anything on the media about this, so i'm unsure if the second has gone off yet, but sometime within the next few hours if it hasn't already. the third is scheduled for the afternoon today.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by AndrewJay

there were three planned explosions. the first has definetly gone off. it was the largest. its hard to find anything on the media about this, so i'm unsure if the second has gone off yet, but sometime within the next few hours if it hasn't already. the third is scheduled for the afternoon today.

I just seen a youtube video from that facebook of the first one going off. Theres no update yet of a 2nd or 3rd.

www.facebook.com...

edit on 3-5-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So is it true that the first explosion set was felt as far away as St Louis, MO?

That'd be a distance of almost 125 miles, wouldn't it?

If that is the case, I wonder if the massive amount of water being soaked by the earth is responsible for that?

After all, water is one lubricating substance that does not compress under pressure, so any shock wave going through it continues on.

Interesting situation here...

What about the second set? Has anyone heard any info on those?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sure, for this we have to hunt, search and scrape together bits of information, but if you want to know what Snooki's poop looks like, there's an app for that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Sure, for this we have to hunt, search and scrape together bits of information, but if you want to know what Snooki's poop looks like, there's an app for that.

ROFL I could NOT have said it better myself.

Even my people on facebook that have at least semi-awareness of the reality of events are obsessed over OBL's death and the propaganda surrounding it, and paying little attention to anything else.

Ugh its all sad.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm here at ATS this a.m. to find out the news. Yep, still headlines (elsewhere) of Osama, as massive flooding, tornado destruction & blowing up a levy .. not headlines.
i find it shocking as well the attention to Osama. Guess if they put out the cookies for the trail people will follow.

edit on 3-5-2011 by 0731JLVR because: Edit

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yeah...

this is me not giving a rat's a$$ about Osama.

What is terror? Have you seen the Mississippi River lately?

There is a wall of sandbags around city hall.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Im glad most people in the world know that the earth is round and not flat,the only one thing i dont think people realise is that the ground underneath their feet isnt solid,i dont think your fearmongering OP,i find it funny and insulting and offencive that the goverment can be fearful of everything and be called prepared and more normal folk like yourself are called fearmongerers for trying to prepared,i dont understand why you cant have the same praise the goverment expects when its trying to be ready.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

By 7 a.m. local time Tuesday, the Ohio River at Cairo had dropped by more than a foot, to 60.57 feet from 61.72 feet just before the explosion. Engineers were still preparing to blow two additional holes at the southern end of the floodway—some 35 miles away—to let water flow back into the river, according to a 5 a.m. update on a Corps Facebook page.

WSJ

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There is finally an article. This may be the same video posted above.

www.cnn.com...

At least it was on the front page of igoogle..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
reply to post by Tinman67

I am not arguing with you,
you have some valid points...

But did you take a look at that flood map?

132,000 acres alone might not be enough to cause a food shortage...

but glance at that map...

That is a LOT of farm land that is going to be effected...

And I've read a dozen threads/news stories discussing the current food shortage around the world...

Tell me that losing farm land won't effect the quantity of food available?

I hope not, really I do...
Pray that I am full of it!!!

I'm right there with ya. It may not be a direct cause of food shortage, but could definitely be a contributor. Thats alot of land. Will affect crops, farm animal food and grazing ground, etc. With all the other flooding and droughts and natural disasters around the world, along with the west coast of the whole North America being radiated, and the extreme solar activity we're being warned about, I think we need to be on the lookout for a food shortage from all the separate but contributing factors.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This pretty much sums it up......

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Carlin Bennett, a commissioner in the rural Missouri county that will bear the brunt of the flooding, said it was a little early to make the call, but was afraid the operation would not drop the river the three to four feet the government wants.

"It's looking like all of our worst fears here," said Bennett, who has 80 acres himself that are being flooded. "Our land got flooded and they are not getting the flooding relief they expected."

Article

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sorry for my ignorance. I'm at work, on phone.

So...they still haven't executed blast 2 or 3? And now, according to article posted above me, the flooding is getting worse than they "expected"?

Wow...this is great.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I appreciate very much posts from those in this area about this.
I'm interested but I can't find good information. What I do see all looks like the same one article rearranged and re-written.

I think that a lot of Americans forget how vital the Mississippi is to our nation, in many ways - food production, transportation,as an ecosystem and just economy in general.

I'm worried about the river and it's people. I'm really mad that this isn't front page news.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm back on board,

Great work everyone for keeping us all updated!

So no news of blast 2 and 3...

Guess they are waiting for it to become night?

I noticed this comment left on the article that thinkingthing shared with us.

the Levees are failing in Illinois, the towns being evacuated, the trains haven't run in over a week, the tracks are washing away, two community colleges and scores of schools are flooded. This is not just about Cairo but about all the historic living breathing towns along the Ohio and Mississippi river and the PEOPLE who call them home. This IS Little Egypt. Before the Corps came in and built the levees it flooded yes but not like this, Some of these towns have been here over two hundred years and they are underwater. There has not been more then a 36 hour period without rain since the first week of April.

the article thinkingthing shared is here

That above statement from the user countrymom,
is a sad yet informative insight into this flood situation.
This flood is BAD and its only getting worse...
This will be a time period that has effect thousands and thousands of people!

Has anyone found any pictures of the levee they have blew from today?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Hey no problem,
I don't see any ignorance in that question...
I have often heard
"The only ignorant question is the one that's not asked"

At this point to the best of my knowledge, detonations 2 and 3 have not went off

And it is looking that blowing this levee did nothing to suppress the flooding.

I've said it several times on here...

Expect these floods to continue, there is still snow in the mountains that have not yet melted...
when they do... there was a post earlier in this thread that had some great information on it.
regarding the snow... lemme look for it.

Link to Post from earlier in this thread

So I do believe we are only getting started

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join