It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
A stream of events before this disaster in making ... for posterity.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
reply to post by coolottie

That is what I want to know! I was sitting here all relaxed waiting for the warning horn when all hell broke loose and nearly in my pants! That is a moment I will never forget! They stated numerous times that there would be a five minute and then a one minute warning given!
edit on 3-5-2011 by Greenize because: (no reason given)

if time holds true... and I hope it does

your grand kids will more than likely be sitting on the net, late at night, just as we are...
describing your experience to people from all corners of the world

For that reason... You can smile

lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Why move them farther away is a good question. I know the geography there, and the town of New Madrid is VERY close to this next blast. There is a Cargill grain elevator right on the river that should give them a good vantage point to look to the north to film the blast.
I hate to be a sheep, but...I'm losing interest in this fast. They are just ticking me off, and it's clear they are going to do whatever they want, when they want. I'm going to try to get some sleep, or there won't be enough RedBull in the world for this girl!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lowgo

Why move them farther away is a good question. I know the geography there, and the town of New Madrid is VERY close to this next blast. There is a Cargill grain elevator right on the river that should give them a good vantage point to look to the north to film the blast.
I hate to be a sheep, but...I'm losing interest in this fast. They are just ticking me off, and it's clear they are going to do whatever they want, when they want. I'm going to try to get some sleep, or there won't be enough RedBull in the world for this girl!

Get some sleep
have a good night
prayers are with you!

Good luck tomorrow on that interview!!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
on the one hand, the situation must have been very dire for them to blow it at night. but on the other, if it were that serious, why not blow it sooner and when there was light left?

i could be overanalyzing as i am prone to do, but it doesn't make sense from what i know. hopefully we'll see in the morning, but there was absolutely no coverage of this on msm, so its possible we won't hear anything. probably a little blip across the bottom of the screen.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
As I have to get up in about 4 hours and go to work, I am turning in... thanks again all for the comforting words! The good news is I am so tired that maybe I will sleep through this one! Be blessed each of you and I will see you tomorrow evening and keep you posted from this side of the river! Nite peeps!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

thats just the deal with this!
they could have blew it yesterday!

i was expecting them to blow it at daybreak...

nope

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

good night!
prayers are with you...

we will await your reports tomorrow evening!

if you get a chance at some pictures...
that would be aweome!

post em here

peace and safety my friend!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
For people that are more familiar with the area:

The top marking is the Bird Point Levee, the bottom marking is where the radiation event was recorded.
Could be that it is the nuke plant like they say. Could be that the explosive was an underground nuke.
Anybody know how fast radiation travels and if the timing lines up?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f5c5e57d9f2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rodredux

More warming would mean LESS RAIN...and the oposite is happening. So there goes your claim on Global Warming being the cause of this...

More warming means DROUGHT, not rain... You got it backwards...
edit on 3-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Good night, Don't be afraid, they are not going to do anything close to taking lives, just a loaf of bread in 6 months will cost $5. Eric is right dream about a sweet little grandbaby you will have in the future.
Peace and Love.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
As far as warming is concerned, what is your basis to say more warming means less rain? Not that I'm supporting the idea of global warming causing these storms (or denying it for that matter) but the recent warm winter in the Caribbean has left a lot of energy to be dumped into that region. Whether or not any weather modification is playing a role I have no opinion because I don't have enough real information about it.

As far as the radiation it would move with the prevailing winds and with the water if it was used to blast the dam, so that is highly doubtful as it would be very difficult to disguise... Also, the byproducts from fission of a bomb and a power plant can be readily distinguished.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

i'm not sure on how fast radiation travels...

thats is a great distance...

I had originally thought the two might be linked?

they still might be? i dont know...

but within the time frame I would say unlikely

but it might be possible?

heck what isnt really?

nice post btw!

edit on 5/3/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

edit on 3-5-2011 by KuhNate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KuhNate

They would be finding a whole lot more than tritium if they used a nuke on the levee... and if they used a nuke underground for other purposes the radiation would not make it into the water unless they really messed up... conveniently for them, tritium also goes hand-in-hand with nuclear power plants as well as numerous consumer products.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 5/3/11 by EvolEric because: sorries

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TonyBravada

mmmmmm Nuka-Cola!!

I like a lil rads in the products I buy!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This would be my first choice in a flood prone area. I would have to scale the plans down some though because it just seems too big for my budget.

This is more on my budget. But I really like the stern wheeler posted above.

With this one you could tow a barge to grow your crops on. I have always liked tug boats. Make it big enough and you can have a head and a bed berth on board.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Thanks for the links!!

It would be an excellent idea...
if you could afford it...
to have one of those!

I liked the Gwen o' The River too

edit on 5/3/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67

132,000 acres won't cause a food shortage. One mile by one mile is 640 square acres, 206 (and a little bit more) sq miles.
In the big picture that isn't much. 4.8 million in the U.S. alone. www.ers.usda.gov...

Plus is this tillable land, pasture or what?? People have a way of saying "farmland" as a blanket term for everything related to farm and ranch usage.

The real cost of all this is it's another thing to saddle people with in hard economic times. It's the poor and middle class that will be eating the sour grapes as usual.
edit on 073131p://05America/Chicago02 by Tinman67 because: Personal opinion

Well, here in Indiana, there are many reports from farmers stating that all the water and cold temperatures are going to have a VERY negative impact on the amount of food produced this year... and those reports are coming in from all over Indiana.

In case you didn't know, there's a LOT of corn produced in this state lol

Best thing you can do is start buying flour, sugar, rice, and beans that are dried and easily stored and just pack it away in case it DOES turn out to be a difficult winter.

Storing food is really easy to do, and there is simply no excuse for NOT doing it beyond just pig-headedness. Take the warning signs around to heart and, as always, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join