It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am so TOTALLY disgusted. In trying to find info on this, there is NOTHING on the home page for MSN. Oh, there is ofcourse tons of stuff on Obama/Osama, along with how a girl mastered the wii while playing the violin, and the must see videos on Youtube...oh, there is even a great article under the MUST SEE section on how to make casseroles!!!! But try to find anything on hundreds of thousands of prime midwest farmland being WIPED out and thousands of people being displaced.....NOTHING.

Unbelievable.

Anything new from those closest to the source? Hope you are all okay...susan, buttercookie, greenize.....hope you are alright. I have been getting the best info from my friends here on ATS. Amazing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

And it is looking that blowing this levee did nothing to suppress the flooding.

Perhaps this is why we haven't had blast 2 and 3. Reading along this
morning and its so sad to know of towns underwater - peoples lives
and homes in jeopardy. Staying tuned in for updates.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Looks like the boy scouts have been rescued, thank goodness they're safe

www.seattlepi.com...

They were stranded by flood waters

www.khou.com...
edit on 3-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: Addition

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Re-posting a link someone provided sometime back. It seems to have some current articles:

LINK

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hi guys,
I'm back! Running heavy on the Red Bull today.
The best source for news on the levee is at KFVS12.com
KFVS-12

They had a webcam running earlier, while they were flying over the flooded area.

The best local source of info from the Corp(se) of Engineers is:
Bird's Point Corp Facebook Page

The local news is pulling info directly from this Facebook page. It is an approved source of information directly from the Corps at the Levee.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So according to the facebook page, the second blast occured about 30 minutes ago????

Second blast took place about 15 minutes ago... the Corps will hold a press conference at the Joint Information Center at 6pm regarding overall operations and the next steps moving forward.

ETA: Yup....here is an article and video on it:

link to video of second blast
edit on 3-5-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

ETA: correction. The headline was misleading. The article is UPDATED with info on the second blast, but the video is of the first one. Looks like there may be a picture of the second one on the site, as well as images of the helicorders.

The second blast took place around 12:37-12:38 p.m. according to the helicorders reading. The Corps say they will hold a press conference at the Joint Information Center at 6 p.m. May 3, regarding overall operations and the next steps moving forward.

I want to know WHY it is taking them 6 HOURS to make a statment? Gonna wait until its dark again to do anything further maybe????

edit on 3-5-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Second set of charges has been set off about 45 minutes ago. I will try to find video of it and upload it, but it probably won't be up for an hour or two. Some local reports are saying the river hasn't gone down as much as they thought it would, but they had still 2 more rounds of blowing up the levee to do still.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Great News!!!!!!!

Glad the kids are safe!!

At least that is one glimmer of hope!!!

Star for updating!!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm just catching up on the news, as I have been in an interview. They have NOT executed the 2nd blast. They claim that they had trouble getting into position to execute it. They have also addressed the questions surrounding seismic activity on their FaceBook page.

The U.S. Geological Survey placed 38 sensors in the floodway prior to operation in order to build a record of exactly what happened in the floodway during and following the operation.

Bird's Point Corp FaceBook

There is a lot of local discussion on the FaceBook page, and I encourage you guys to take a look, if you are wanting first hand accounts, etc. It is where those of us that are local are getting most of our info. The news stations are following that page as well, and basically reporting what has been posted there. I think the news crews are being limited on what they are allowed to communicate.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Wow westcoast, that was fast and you beat me to it as we both posted about the same time. Thanks for the link of 2nd explosion as I don't have to look for it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lowgo

Thanks for the links!!

also... yay for redbull

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I personally thank everyone for keeping this alive.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just watched your link westcoast and that's not the 2nd one , it's the first from last nite.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

You are right! I went back and edited my post, but you guys are way too fast.
Here is my correction:

[ETA: correction. The headline was misleading. The article is UPDATED with info on the second blast, but the video is of the first one. Looks like there may be a picture of the second one on the site, as well as images of the helicorders.

The second blast took place around 12:37-12:38 p.m. according to the helicorders reading. The Corps say they will hold a press conference at the Joint Information Center at 6 p.m. May 3, regarding overall operations and the next steps moving forward.

I want to know WHY it is taking them 6 HOURS to make a statment? Gonna wait until its dark again to do anything further maybe????
/ex]

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yeah, my bad too as I'm on the phone with a friend that lives outside of Cairo. He said he felt the blast. Guys, please understand that these are SURFACE blasts and will NOT affect the New Madrid Faultline. Please stop the fear-mongering!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Fear mongering?

I havent seen any...

also that explosion was heard 125 miles away...
and they are using a total of 250 tons of explosives...

That much explosive power is ungodly!

you can't tell me it isnt scary!

they blew half a mountain to hell here

i'm 3 miles away and I didnt hear or feel the slightest disturbance...

I do personally believe that initial blast was overkill!
edit on 5/3/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luckyxfactor

double post

edit on 5/3/11 by EvolEric because: sorries

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luckyxfactor

Your welcome!

I'm not going any where!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
For anyone that is interested...here is a link to the CERI helicorder display for New Madrid, MO. for those of you that would like to monitor it.

CERI New Madrid Helicorder

You can see the second blast in between 12:37 and 12:38 CDT.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggalette

thanks for that link!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join