It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Perhaps the ground is so super-saturated with water than the ground-shock is being carried intensely father distances? Like the water as a conductor for both the seismic and sound waves (Sound frequencies can turn into shock waves as well) perhaps they're at a frequency that carries farther...? Just bouncing some ideas out there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I know, right? I thought it was over, and then all of a sudden everything went nuts! I've been watching this closely, as I have friends who are evacuated from the area. It would have been nice if they would have just, oh, I don't know...MENTIONED?? that we might feel the shocks? Facebook blew up with people freaking out, thinking we had an earthquake. Sounds like you got the same level of shake that I had. Hopefully this next one will be less for us since it is further south.

They posted on their Fbook page that the next two blasts are for out-flow of water, and many people are speculating that they will be smaller blasts. I certainly hope so! Take care over there! I think we'll be fine...as long as we don't have a coronary

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

I think you're dead on with that theory. My home sits in the middle of a 420 acre field. Surrounded on 3 sides by several feet of flood water. The people in the town of Dexter, MO (to the west of me) didn't feel the shake as bad...but the town sits up on Crowley's Ridge...a rock ridge, above the delta area.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been asked/mentioned before (I read the first few pages and then jumped past a few) but why is a massive demolition coupled with substantial intentional flooding being done at a time that nearly coincides with the longest night/dark period possible?

It seems it would be more logical, substantially safer, and significantly easier to monitor the results and any unexpected complications... in daylight. Was there a specific reason given by anyone in a position to know?

My prayers go out to everyone involved in the situation.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I am not trying to scare anyone with this, but being informed can save lives. these grafts, from March 11 Japan quake and May 3 sure look similar. But it maybe for somewhere else and not here on New Madrid, if this is what they are doing.

HAARP May 3th
maestro.haarp.alaska.edu...

This was March 11, 9 Mag Quake in Japan.
maestro.haarp.alaska.edu...

March 11, 9 Mag Quake in Japan [The one for May 3, a few posts back]

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TonyBravada
Sorry if this has been asked/mentioned before (I read the first few pages and then jumped past a few) but why is a massive demolition coupled with substantial intentional flooding being done at a time that nearly coincides with the longest night/dark period possible?

It seems it would be more logical, substantially safer, and significantly easier to monitor the results and any unexpected complications... in daylight. Was there a specific reason given by anyone in a position to know?

My prayers go out to everyone involved in the situation.

I don't think anyone here is
"In a position to know"

but there are theories that...

Its to cover the damage, not to scare people...

they are using night to cover something sinister...

they are just idiots in general

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TonyBravada

We have been asking that question and I have yet to hear an explantion for the night ops! It is confusing to me that they would do it at night!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lowgo

I know, I am smoking like a freight train! Not proud of the fact, just trying to keep my nerves in check! Its gonna be a long night! Be safe and blessed!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Now that is a find!

Knowledge is power!!!

edit on 5/3/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
According to an update from the corps... the next two blasts will NOT be as intense as the initial blast was. Then they said more updates to come in the morning....??? Not sure if the time of 1 to 4 is still accurrate or not now

facebook page for updates

Birds Point New Madrid Floodway Joint Information Center's Profile this should help you link if you FB

edit on 3-5-2011 by Greenize because: add

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

lets hope, the explosions will be less...

they arent being very clear about things are they?

typical

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TonyBravada

Major General Walsh was asked that question at the 5pm news conference, when he released the timeline for the blasts. He basically talked in a circle around it. It took them 20 hours to load the pipes with the explosive slurry, etc. But why they didn't go on and do it at 7pm when there was still some light, he never addressed.
You can view the coverage of the press conference at 5 pm at www.kfvs12.com This is when he talked in circles about the timing. I went back and watched it again...and it was clear he wasn't going to give an answer, while wanting to appear he had. But the timelines simply did not add up.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lowgo

and that is why...

I don't trust them in any size, shape or form!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Yep. I've had my eyes opened tonight about trusting TPTB. To add insult to injury, I have to leave here at 5:30am to go to a job interview in St. Louis. So much for my beauty sleep!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lowgo

I wonder who they were synchronizing watches with? Maybe exploding the levee, was the distraction for something else? And stranger still.... Why didn't the 5 min. horn blow?? Yes, the conspiracy mind I have comes out after 1 am. lol or Not funny !

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
KFVS12 just posted via facebook that the second blast is still on schedule to be between the hours of 1-4am. They are not being allowed close enough to video the blast, so they will not be broadcasting live. That was our ONLY indicator of when to expect the blast. So I fully expect to be jarred awake at some god-awful hour with no warning. Awesome.

link   
reply to post by lowgo

That sucks!!!

Your gonna be tired as hell!!

Redbull is your friend

it is mine

link   

That is what I want to know! I was sitting here all relaxed waiting for the warning horn when all hell broke loose and nearly in my pants! That is a moment I will never forget! They stated numerous times that there would be a five minute and then a one minute warning given!
edit on 3-5-2011 by Greenize because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lowgo

if the blast was going to be smaller...

why move the cameras further away...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I'm not quite smart enough to be much of a conspiracy theorist...but your questions are compelling!

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join