It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The U.S. has taken custody of Osama Bin Laden's body after an operation authorized by President Obama resulted in his death via gunshot to the head. Now that his remains have been positively identified via forensic analysis and DNA testing, the U.S. is responsible for his burial.

The decision has been made to respect Muslim tradition in burying the body of the most wanted man on earth. A senior administration official tells ABC News, "We are ensuring it is handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition. It's something we take seriously and therefore it's being handled in an appropriate manner.‬"

Islamic law dictates that the body be bathed three times in a specific, ritualistic manner, while covered by a cloth. The bathers are generally same-gender family members of the deceased, though this clearly will not be the case for the body in question.

After bathing, the body is wrapped in a kafan - generally a white cotton cloth, to protect the modesty of the deceased. Prayers are then said to request forgiveness for the dead.

Burial customs vary by region, but it is tradition for the body to be buried the same day as death. In this case, Bin Laden's body is expected to be buried by 4 p.m. on Monday afternoon, before sundown.

Traditionally the body is buried in the ground without a casket, with a grave marker that does not rise more than 12 inches above the ground. However, U.S. officials say that Bin Laden is expected to be buried at sea to prevent his gravesite becoming a shrine and to discourage vandalism and grave desecration.

As Bin Laden was a citizen of Saudi Arabia, the Saudis will be offered the opportunity to take custody of the body. They may not accept it.

[UPDATE]: CNN reports as of 3:20 am EST that Bin Laden's body has already been buried at sea. While surprising for most Americans, this adheres to Islamic tradition as the body has been buried within 24 hours of death.

Burial Ritual

Obama is not stupid like Bush was. He is not going to make this murderer a martyr for his people.

link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
1reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

On the UK version of CNN, when they said that Bin Laden had been buried at sea in the traditional Islamic way I thought I was hearing things. I could not believe what I was hearing. This is a complete farce. Than they went on to say that Obama has sealed his guarantee to win in the next election because of this success in killing Bin Laden. I felt like, okay this has got to be some kind of spoof comedy or something. This is just like Saturday Night Live.
It's sounding very, very Orwellian. This is it people we have just stepped into the New World Order of lies

or it could be that they are respecting Muslim burial traditions that it has to be done fast as to not cause uproar. Occam's Razor.

link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Yeah. And, he was buried at sea already when they told us.

Someone important must have asked to see the body, and they had to make up some stupid story really quick. Why wouldnt Obama mention that in his carefully prepared speech?

link   
The truth is, the public has no idea where Bin Laden is, if he's alive or dead, hidden or captive in the US, or whatever other possible scenario that may come to mind. The governments may or may not even know where he is. We can't say anything about him being found/hiding/dead/alive, etc. now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

I'm not a birther.

I'm talking about how OSAMA (not OBAMA) has been rumored to be DEAD for years.

How can they kill a man that is supposed to be dead already?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The scary part is the emphasis that they received assistance from Pakistan and they have acknowledged this.
What a great way to set that country in flames. They have nukes.
I find that puzzling in the least, what a way to inflame the situation.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Lets play Make believe again and pretend this isn't rubbish..

what changes?

Lets continue with 'Make Believe' and pretend 'Osama' Orchestrated attacks on the US.. he obviously hasn't done any in quite a while correct?... so by him being dead.. what changes?

they """Found""" Saddam in a hole in the ground.. and managed to put him on trial.. they couldn't capture 'Osama'?

link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It seems that nobody realizes the seriousness of what is going on here. They are lying to people right to their face and a lot of people are just shaking it off as nothing or no big deal. Has all the chem-trail spraying and electromagnetic fields have that much of an impact on all minds?

Yes. And, it's interesting how people will flood the streets cheering for Osama's death, but they won't take to the streets when the prices of gas and food skyrocket, or when a banker gets bailed out, and Americans keep losing their jobs and homes.

link   
I think the big picture is not being seen here.

link   

Come on this is complete bull Sh_t! Everybody got to be able to see through all of this!

That photo is complete bull crap plain and simple. This is the New World Order, they just lied to everybody and call everyone stupid. with B.S.
edit on 2-5-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

NWO? It was never released by an official source or news agency..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Could Obama be charged with warcrimes by insulting the body by dumping the sea instead of on land? Islam does not preach dumping bodies in the sea. They knew they had the body on land, yet they dumped it in the sea.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

I don't think Obama is lying.

I don't buy that Osama was killed yesterday, especially when Benazir Bhutto leaked his murder years ago (before she was assassinated). Also, look at the recent videos with OBL in them . They don't look anything like OBL!

The people who are falling for this claptrap are a bunch of damn fools!

link   

Originally posted by Aisling

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It seems that nobody realizes the seriousness of what is going on here. They are lying to people right to their face and a lot of people are just shaking it off as nothing or no big deal. Has all the chem-trail spraying and electromagnetic fields have that much of an impact on all minds?

Yes. And, it's interesting how people will flood the streets cheering for Osama's death, but they won't take to the streets when the prices of gas and food skyrocket, or when a banker gets bailed out, and Americans keep losing their jobs and homes.

How many people you think were there celebrating all of this bull sh_t?

link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

What changes is that if we make believe this is real, it's a huge failure. The guy, allegedly, has been hiding inside a huge compound right where you would expect. If they are telling us the truth, people should be critical instead of celebrating on the street.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Did anybody else notice Obama read his whole speech?

link   
Evidentially, the group that took him out were from Spec Ops. It's unlikely the public will know what group was involved, much less who fired the fatal bullet(s) anytime soon. That is why, until then, we can only assume that it was me.

I await your sexual advances ladies of ATS.

link   
Obama : Quick I need a new distraction what can I do . Biden : Look what I found in Cheneys freezer - Osama Bin Laden . Obama : Vizuri Done !

link   
reply to post by ziplock9000

Hello brand new member.

en.wikipedia.org...

is a principle that generally recommends selecting the competing hypothesis that makes the fewest new assumptions, when the hypotheses are equal in other respects.[2] For instance, they must both sufficiently explain available data in the first place.

Occams razor does not say the simplest explanation is the right one. Its a common misconception.

link   
this ish makes no sense, and it's actually infuriating to see this play out....lol!

if no one questions this crap, we deserve whatever we got coming to us.

then the frickin corespondent has the nerve to say "with the death of Bin Laden, Obamas' 2012 victory is sealed..."

link   
Good news, even though I would rather have seen him brought to justice and made an example out of him. In the eyes of his followers he probably died a martyr's death in the battle against the evil empire of the USA. I hope for all our sake no one takes his place and this is the end of Alqaida/Taliban.

Anyway there's 60+ pages.. what about news reports Taliban stating ObL isn't dead?
www.geo.tv...
edit on 2/5/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join