It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Bin Laden should have stood trial, Mr Robertson added. "The last thing he wanted was to be put on trial, to be convicted and to end his life in a prison farm in upstate New York. What he wanted was exactly what he got - to be shot in mid-jihad and get a fast track to paradise and the Americans have given him that."

BBC News

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So by all this reasoning America can basically send the Navy Seals into Libya to blow Gaddafi's brains out, correct?

Or would that not be allowed because of American double standards?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 000063

I agree with most of your posts, but not this;

I'd really like to see the video of US forces executing some random reporter just because he's Iraqi, if you're going to assert that there's no real difference between soldiers and terrorists.

There are plenty of these video's around, US soldiers firing randomly into traffic, running people off the road in their hummers, and the one that angered me the most, throwing a puppy off a cliff.
Now i'm not saying they are all real, but it's obvious that many of them are. Soldiers, not only US but all countries, can get out of control in a sick, brutal manner.
They kill for the sake of killing.
Sometimes there are civilians who also do this, we call them mass murderers & phsycopaths.
A terrorist is doing equally despicable things in the name of religion or an extreme political standpoint.
Don't get me wrong, most of the guys are trying to do their duty & to serve with honour, & they just want to get back home, i can understand that.
But there will come a time-soon-when all soldiers, terrorists, freedom fighters & what have yous will have to look deep inside & say "NO human should EVER kill another, or to cause suffering to any living being for pleasure"
Gerald Celente is right; "we are merely products of our environment, when that changes, so do we"
When faced with Mutually Assured Destruction, we will have no choice but to cooperate.
edit on 4-5-2011 by playswithmachines because: typo

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063
Who I am, and where I'm from, is not important as to whether I'm arguing logically. I chose this username specifically because it's anonymous, and have gone out of my way to avoid giving any personal identification.

Oh, but it is important. Your motives for meticulously responding to every poster who questions the U.S. government's story, is extremely interesting to me. Saying what country you're in, wouldn't give up much about you, but if your IP address were to change frequently, it would be obvious, so of course you're not gonna say. I think it's pretty interesting for ATS members to see a real live Operation Ernest Voice account in action here. And we must be important, being the # 1 conspiracy site on the web...otherwise why would you be wasting your time going back and forth, ALL DAY here? What's your objective?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
So by all this reasoning America can basically send the Navy Seals into Libya to blow Gaddafi's brains out, correct?

I have no problem with that. Remember Lockerbee?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

That's what I was thinking of when I posted it.

But fact is the Americans won't do that.

Double standards.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by 000063

Well the administration told us certain things, e.g. the human shield, Osama was armed etc and Obama and his staff were watching the raid unfold live and they released a picture showing them watching it.

Well they must have been watching the wrong channel because now the story has changed. Seems what they saw wasn't quite what happened was it?
The stories being reported have changed. Confusion for the newsies is entirely natural at this point.

Also, no sources.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 000063

No...I'm quite sure I watched a press conference with that Brennan guy saying a load of stuff.....and now they've backtracked and changed their story.

Surely the American administration isn't that incompetent is it?

Well then again it did take 10 years and the destruction of two countries and deaths of thousands to find one single man.

CIA? Pfffft, who are they?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

President Obama, who watched the raid from the White House on monitors, saw his approval rating jump 11 points to 57% in a New York Times/CBS News poll on Wednesday.

BBC News

Yay Obama!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Might as well have had these two head up the hunt for Bin Laden. They probably would have done a better job by now!
edit on 4/5/11 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

"You dropped Bin Laden's body in the sea?"

"Oh dear...."

"Oh dear, oh dear."
edit on 4/5/11 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Who I am, and where I'm from, is not important as to whether I'm arguing logically. I chose this username specifically because it's anonymous, and have gone out of my way to avoid giving any personal identification.

Oh, but it is important. Your motives for meticulously responding to every poster who questions the U.S. government's story, is extremely interesting to me. Saying what country you're in, wouldn't give up much about you, but if your IP address were to change frequently, it would be obvious, so of course you're not gonna say. I think it's pretty interesting for ATS members to see a real live Operation Ernest Voice account in action here. And we must be important, being the # 1 conspiracy site on the web...otherwise why would you be wasting your time going back and forth, ALL DAY here? What's your objective?
I like to debate, and I'm avoiding homework.

Fine. I'm a glasses-wearing British boy who attends a British school after my relatives forced be to spend time in a horrible place for several years, just like my profile info indicates.

In all seriousness, the mods will find my posting country consistent, except for the times I turned my Hotspot Shield on, which both protects me from WiFi hackers and, for some reason, makes websites think I'm accessing them from Chicago. Or Vietnam, I think. Or maybe Thailand. Either way, these would be only short periods when I'm not accessing from the same town.

Download the program and test it for yourself if you don't believe me, but be careful; it'll try to install spyware in Firefox. "afurladvisor", to be precise. I still haven't figured out how to remove it, then check out any whois site.

Considering that I've been posting in a Moon Landing thread up until now, I would have to be pulling double duty.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Thats nice....where the hell is Bin Laden???

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by 000063

No...I'm quite sure I watched a press conference with that Brennan guy saying a load of stuff.....and now they've backtracked and changed their story.
Links plz.

Surely the American administration isn't that incompetent is it?

Well then again it did take 10 years and the destruction of two countries and deaths of thousands to find one single man.

CIA? Pfffft, who are they?
The US government sometimes can't find people living inside their borders, much less a rich terrorist leader with the entire Middle East to move around in.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 000063

Well, thank you for your response, young wizard. I must say it raises alot more questions than it answers, but I'll let everybody draw their own conclusions from it, and will refrain from derailing the thread any further.

On topic, CNN was just reporting that many government officials that originally said they saw the photos, are now saying that they saw the hoax photo that's circulating, or didn't actually see any photos at all. This just gets fishier by the moment, eh everybody? You honestly couldn't make all this up.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

looks like they could send the seals anywhere in the world take someone out ,take pictures,brag about it to the locals ,then take them out for fun and all in the name of democracy..welcome to the new world order

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by 000063

Well, thank you for your response, young wizard. I must say it raises alot more questions than it answers, but I'll let everybody draw their own conclusions from it, and will refrain from derailing the thread any further.
You mean that I openly admitted to using a freeware program that distorts my IP, for legitimate reasons? Really, ask the mods to check. They'll verify my claims that I've been posting from the same region, barring short periods where I'll seem to have teleported across the world. I've only connected to this site from two locations, and only used HS at one, on the home computer I'm using for this post. That's the one which I'll seem to be teleporting from. I don't know if it's a Dynamic or Static IP, though.

If I really were a shill, there would be no need for me to volunteer such information, and I certainly wouldn't be so sloppy as to turn off my proxy and then admit it if I really did work for the US. Even the program I used does exactly what I described. Try it on your computer. Or an irritating coworker, if you don't want to risk yours.

On topic, CNN was just reporting that many government officials that originally said they saw the photos, are now saying that they saw the hoax photo that's circulating, or didn't actually see any photos at all. This just gets fishier by the moment, eh everybody? You honestly couldn't make all this up.
Link please.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh, and said region will, of course, be outside the United States.
edit on 2011/5/4 by 000063 because: -

edit on 2011/5/4 by 000063 because: +

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Link please.

Three Republican senators who claimed to have seen images of Osama bin Laden after he was killed may have been duped. www.cbsnews.com...

It is so comforting to know that our elected officials are on the ball. sarcasm intended!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

It is so comforting to know that our elected officials are on the ball.

It's probably your avatar Sparky, but I often get a chuckle out of your sarcasm.

Had to give you a star...too funny!

JR

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Link please.

Here you go, young chap. I figured there at Hogwarts, you'd have a crystal ball or something, but Google works too....

US Senator Scott Brown is retracting statements he made earlier today, when he told several news outlets that he had seen photos of Osama bin Laden’s dead body as part of an official briefing.

Brown made that assertion in an interview with NECN today to bolster his argument that the photos should not be released to the public.

“Let me assure you that he is dead, that bin Laden is dead,” Brown said. “I have seen the photos and, in fact, we’ve received the briefing and we’ll continue to get the briefings.”

*snip*

NECN posted a statement on its website, saying, “Senator Brown's office tells NECN this afternoon that the bin Laden photos the Senator mentions seeing about 2 minutes into the clip here were not authentic."

Fox 25 posted an update on its website, saying Brown had told the station that, “the photo that I saw and that a lot of other people saw is not authentic.”
www.boston.com...

Edit: Sparky beat me to it.

edit on 4-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join